Video: Iranian cleric psyched for U.S. midterm elections

posted at 2:28 pm on November 2, 2006 by Allahpundit

It’s irrelevant, unfair, and demagogic to point this out, of course. The left shrieking that world opinion is aligned with them against Bush? That’s fair game. Us noting that not all of their allies in “world opinion” are liberal secular humanists? That’s a cheap shot which impugns their patriotism.

Oh well.

Here’s the latest from MEMRI. Don’t confuse this guy with the other Khatami. The man in the video is Ahmad Khatami, a “hardline” cleric and strong proponent of the country’s nuclear program. Mohammed Khatami is the “moderate” former president of Iran who was last seen praising Bill Clinton and urging an immediate pullout from Iraq and who told an audience at Harvard earlier this year that it’s “debatable” whether gays should be executed.

Distinctions are important.

WND asked a few Palestinian terrorist leaders who Americans should vote for next Tuesday. Quote:

While the terror leaders each independently compelled American citizens to vote for Democratic candidates, not all believed the Democrats would actually carry out a withdrawal from Iraq.

Saadi stated, “Unfortunately I think those who are speaking about a withdrawal will not do so when they are in power and these promises will remain electoral slogans. It is not enough to withdraw from Iraq. They must withdraw from Afghanistan and from every Arab and Muslim land they occupy or have bases.”

See also Michael Scheuer. Click the image to watch.

ahmad-khatami.jpg

Update: From the newest AQ tape:

“Your primary enemy (the United States) recognises with full humility that its entry into Iraq was a mistake… Persevere. The first signs of victory in Iraq are showing,” he said.

Comments

Have ads for democrats that are funded by the terrorists begun to run yet, or are they waiting a few more days?

roninacreage on November 2, 2006 at 2:38 PM

Those spikes need to go another foot into his face.

Lazarus on November 2, 2006 at 2:39 PM

Whoa dude watch out those microphones could get stuck up your nose…

Veiled, hrumph hrumph, manipulation of the US election process. Nothing new there, more noise like this please. It will drive people out to vote…one way or the other…common sense should prevail ie dhimmicrats lose again.

U should be voting too,

GoingThere on November 2, 2006 at 2:42 PM

It’s not that I get my jollies off going arround questioning everyones patriotism.

But I often times do find myself questioning the patriotism of a lot of the left because their patriotism seems so…nuanced.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m not sophisticated enough to get it, but when I’m asked to define patriotism, world citizen isn’t the first thing that flies into my head.

EFG on November 2, 2006 at 2:42 PM

Allah, your top banner ad is for CNN. What gives?

Not to ask why you are taking their money, but why would they advertise on the enemies website?

Who here would watch them without a gun pointed at their head?

-FFOG

Fogpig on November 2, 2006 at 2:42 PM

Wow, the Dems should add them to thier endorsement lists.
1. MSM
2. Terror Leaders
3. The French

SCGOPgirl on November 2, 2006 at 2:42 PM

Hey, is anyone else having trouble with the MEMRI video that AP linked to the picture?

When I click the picture, I go to the MEMRI page, but then no video will come up.

Thanks.

EFG on November 2, 2006 at 2:45 PM

Allah, your top banner ad is for CNN. What gives?

What’s next – ads for Countdown and Hardball?? Hot Air – “Fair and Balanced”

Rick on November 2, 2006 at 2:51 PM

As usual, everybody who wishes harm on America is rooting for the Democrats.

ReubenJCogburn on November 2, 2006 at 2:51 PM

Looks like he is shooting boogers out of his nose.

EF on November 2, 2006 at 2:53 PM

We have 72 hours to wait before the electorate is locked in. By the end of the Sunday morning talking heads show America will have the votes fixed to either blue or red.

Sunday and Monday will be a media blitzkreig against the Bush administration.

All us red-staters do not assume anything…..we may believe the polls are skewed but all the VIEW and MSNBC and CNN watchers do not. Get out the vote…..volunteer to drive people to the polls thru your local party office….volunteer for the phones….talk to your waivering friends and neighbors….DO NOT BE THAT REPUBLICAN PEROT VOTER THAT GAVE US SLICK WILLIE.

Limerick on November 2, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Clearly if we elect Democrats this guy won’t be mad at us anymore. Let’s just pull the lever for the “D” and hope it all goes away.

Hey, it makes just as much sense as hoping that Islam is compatable with democracy.

Enrique on November 2, 2006 at 2:57 PM

Who here would watch them without a gun pointed at their head?

-FFOG

Fogpig

To the contrary, I would want both my guns at the other end of my condo for one of two reasons:
1) Either I will get so depressed that I would shoot myself–which I don’t want to do, or
2) I will shoot my TV and then have to spend many hundreds of dollars to get a replacement.

urbancenturion on November 2, 2006 at 2:58 PM

I guess it’s true what they say – Republicans are the only true evildoers in the world. Get rid of them, and the world is at peace once more. Everybody will understand everybody else – harmony.

Rick on November 2, 2006 at 2:58 PM

I find it ironically delicious that Hot Air’s advertisers, at the moment, are dominately liberal MSM outlets and left-of-center plugs for books/movies.

Liberal cash is funding this beauty of a video blog.

I like it.

Hoodlumman on November 2, 2006 at 2:59 PM

What a surprise! Dumb ass dribble from a dumb ass. Those idiots are far to stupid to recognize that Iraq was a s*it hole like Iran, and we tried to give the place a colonic scrubbing to get out the polyps.

Shmo on November 2, 2006 at 2:59 PM

I certainly hope Hannity and all those Sunday morning talking heads discuss this. Off to the afternoon kid-races!!
toodles,

pullingmyhairout on November 2, 2006 at 3:07 PM

Screw you hobo joe from the alamo !

sonnyspats1 on November 2, 2006 at 3:07 PM

Where the hell is Constantine? Our terrrorist enemies are spouting the same talking points as the libtards, aren’t they?

Hey Constantine, what do you suggest we do about guys like this iranian mullah?

And I left a message for you back on the Reid thread that you need to respond to.

techno_barbarian on November 2, 2006 at 3:08 PM

as pointed out many times, “if” the Democrats win, so do the terrorists. hey techno, don’t forget about GregH / honora & Mark J. they’ve disappered too just like Reid & Pelsoi.

Starblazer on November 2, 2006 at 3:22 PM

seriously, the Republicans need to run an ad like this to prove that liberal democrats are terrorist appeasers

Starblazer on November 2, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Hey, has anyone watched the MEMRI video that AP linked to the picture?

Thanks.

EFG on November 2, 2006 at 2:45 PM

EFG on November 2, 2006 at 3:28 PM

Speaking of Ads –

AP, how ironic is it that HotAir is taking CNN’s money for advertising on this site?

Hate to spoil the gig, but do they really think anyone from here is going to watch their network?

You just gotta love capitalism!!

BacaDog on November 2, 2006 at 3:29 PM

EFG

I didn’t have any problems at all. MEMRI uses a custom video player. There’s a button at the bottom to install the player.

About that video… Thank God for Glenn Beck. I mean it. He’s the only one out there actually showing some of the translated clips on MEMRI. I think the major networks should be showing these things every single day.

But they won’t because what the jihadi mullahs are saying mirrors so closely what the left and the MSM is saying.

Chamberlains, one and all, the MSM. They are completely failing us.

But let us not forget that nancy pelosi tells us that the war on terror is ONLY in Afghanistan. Definitely NOT in Iraq.

There is a tidal wave of jihadis forming. And the libtards are standing with their backs to it, completely unaware.

Vote like your life depends on it, indeed. Because it does.

techno_barbarian on November 2, 2006 at 3:38 PM

Look who reads our papers.

Kini on November 2, 2006 at 3:39 PM

A couple of points:

1) Did you check out the venue? It looked like a mega-church here in the States. I expected Robert Schuller to pop out from behind a pillar.

2) Somebody needs to notify Dean and Pelosi. Someone’s leaked their party’s platform to Khatami.

3) Notice the speaker’s “theology”. Usually, of a Sunday, my own pastor usually confines himself to sin and mankind’s salvation from sin in Christ…you know, religious stuff. This guy seems to be the sort who uses his scripture to punch-up his talking points. That’s like “not truth from scripture, but scripture to make my truth look more legit”.

4) For your church-goers out there, when was the last time you chanted “Death to…” anyone in your services. We do psalms and hymns, the Lord’s Prayer, and sing the Doxology, but we wait until fellowship after the services to begin shouting “Death to the Pope”….

5) So, this slice of sermon is what passes for “theology” in the “Religion of Peace”. Melanie Phillips (Londonistan, which I heartily recommend) looks more right the more news I watch.

6) We need to see if this can get more widely disseminated…intersperced with vids of Dems talking about the war. It might wake a few people up.

…there…I feel better.

“Death to the Pope”.

(I’m John Calvin and I approved this message.)

Puritan1648 on November 2, 2006 at 3:39 PM

Speaking of Ads –

You just gotta love capitalism!!

BacaDog on November 2, 2006 at 3:29 PM

I’ve noticed this on all the blogs and sites I’ve read. Ads that I will NEVER click on or even give more than the briefest glance. Doesn’t seem to be very intelligent ad placement. But if HotAir is making money from them, more power to them.

techno_barbarian on November 2, 2006 at 3:40 PM

Thank God for Glenn Beck.

…and, while I’m in a religious frame of mind, thank Him also for MEMRI. They’re doing the yeoman’s work in keeping us up to speed with what those over in camel-country are *really* saying.

Puritan1648 on November 2, 2006 at 3:41 PM

Translation of the words on the front of the podium:

“I’m Howard Dean and I approved this propaganda”

infidel4life on November 2, 2006 at 3:43 PM

You betcha, Puritan1648. You are correct.

Like I said, I can’t believe this stuff isn’t played all over our own media. The enemy is telling and showing us exactly what they’re planning. What they want. What they think.

Pretty important stuff to just ignore.

techno_barbarian on November 2, 2006 at 3:44 PM

Just minutes ago I posted this on another thread:

In reference to what will be on the Sunday shows or happening so close to Nov. 7th, 2006 – in addition to more s–t from the NYT & co, we haven’t heard from ObL, AZ & co., the EU and the U.N. yet. They’ve got to weigh in, no? And give both sides a chance to respond. Just like in 2004, me thinks…

Entelechy on November 2, 2006 at 3:38 PM

…imagine my shock/surprise to then find this thread…

Manna, I tell you, manna. These idiots have no idea that all this helps the conservatives. I’d be squirming about all this if I’d be the Left. Bring more on, please, until Tuesday morning.

Entelechy on November 2, 2006 at 3:46 PM

I swore he was holding a pitchfork in front of him before I realised those were microphones. Nice to know I really see the enemy for what they truly are.

Canadian Infidel on November 2, 2006 at 3:48 PM

Canadian Infidel on November 2, 2006 at 3:48 PM

LOL

Rick on November 2, 2006 at 3:52 PM

The new democratic party chairman, Ahmad Khatami.

BobK on November 2, 2006 at 3:54 PM

Yo Moron!!…may your momma sleep with pigs…

That’s what I think of muslim clerics…

areseaoh on November 2, 2006 at 3:56 PM

You know it’s time we go ahead and take the “Big brother” and their followers out. When you chant death to anyone in so called “church”, we should take that as a threat, and if you threaten us, then don’t be suprised if we take action.
What are we waiting for? Maybe this will get me banned but I am for bombing these people when they are in their meetings like this. Take out the enemy where you find them.
It isn’t a church when you spread hatred.
I don’t wan’t my kids and grandkids to have to worry about these crazies.

Gooch on November 2, 2006 at 3:57 PM

What is he shoving up his IslamoSchnozzzz?

WriterMom on November 2, 2006 at 3:59 PM

Memo to Mr. Mooslim….UP YOURS!

Memo to Rick….same.

lynnv on November 2, 2006 at 4:03 PM

Alternate thought: things are coming OUT of his nose. The Great Boogers of Jihad.

WriterMom on November 2, 2006 at 4:08 PM

Vote D for Dhimmi!

A Vote For Murtha is a Vote for Osama, Shira law, and a burqua on every woman.

However in defense of the burqua, at least we wouldn’t have to look at Rosie.

E L Frederick on November 2, 2006 at 4:08 PM

Terrorists want our liberal party to win an election? No shit Sherlock. Those of us on the Right have always known this. It’s the dhimmis who don’t get it. They actually think the terrorists would rather have our conservative party in office because we’re so stoopit that we invade muslim countries which increases their numbers. How does KILLING them INCREASE their numbers? In the short term, yes it does, but in the long term there will be LESS of them because MORE of them will be DEAD! DUH! And more of them dead means LESS of OUR citizens dead. Libs think we’re sacrificing our ‘kids’. We’re ‘sending them to die’. No, morons, we’re sending them to KILL. See the difference? Your lefty news media loves to tell us how many Soldiers died each day, but do they ever tell us how many terrorists we killed today? Nope, that doesn’t help them advance their dhimmitude agenda. They WANT us to lose and you libs are following every word they say. THINK FOR YOURSELVES! What happens if we lose? The war doesn’t just END, it continues HERE in OUR cities! THINK! You libs complain that the eeeevil Bush is taking away your rights, NAME ONE YOU’VE LOST! But if THEY ever achieve their goal of taking over this country, name one right you’ll STILL HAVE! The only right you’ll have is the right to stick your ass in the air and take it up the tail pipe 5 times a day facing east. You libs are scared to death of Christians, yet you’re free to verbally attack them at will. But you’re NOT worried about muslims coming here and taking away your rights for REAL. I think it’s because deep down indide you KNOW that the Soldiers you think be stoopit will save your ass from the forces of evil. You’re free to call them unedujamcated morons because they fought somebody trying to take away your rights and they will fight to the death to defend your right to keep calling them stoopit. So how about showing some appreciation, thank a Soldier at the airport, tell them you support THEIR MISSION and say “God bless you”.

Tony737 on November 2, 2006 at 4:09 PM

Obsession: The Threat of Radical Islam
Saturday, 8pm / 1am ET / Sunday, 4pm / 10pm ET

Why do they hate us? And what are they planning? See America through the eyes of radical Islam. Host E.D. Hill. takes you inside the world of Muslim extremists in a special presentation that will shock you and change the way you view the war on terror.

TheBigOldDog on November 2, 2006 at 4:09 PM

I wonder how long Rove will wait before releasing his latest Osama tape. Looks like all the usual suspects (Iran, Dean, Kerry, et al) are stealing his thunder. Come on Rove, get on it or no virgin sacrifices for you.

BohicaTwentyTwo on November 2, 2006 at 4:11 PM

Whoa! Are they really gonna show Obsession on FNC?!

That would be friggin’ GREAT! They’re probably only going too show parts of it, since the show itself is over an hour, I think.

Still! I’m excited about this. Excellent news!

Thanks BigDog!

techno_barbarian on November 2, 2006 at 4:15 PM

techno_barbarian on November 2, 2006 at 3:38 PM

Thanks for the tip, techno_barbarian. I’ll work on my end to view that video.

Thanks again.

EFG on November 2, 2006 at 4:18 PM

EFG, if you can’t get it to work in one browser, try another. I’m running a fully patched IE, but Firefox is also very good.

All,

If you want a real powerful dose of reality, spend some serious time browsing and viewing the videos on MEMRI. Some incredible stuff on that site. Stuff that’s widely broadcast in the muslim world.

They’re currently much better at propaganda and indoctrination than we are. It helps to have a brainwashed audience, but the libtards here in the U.S. are doing their damnest to create just such an audience.

Hmmm… pre-islamic conditioning?

//naaaaaaaah… they’re not that smart

techno_barbarian on November 2, 2006 at 4:27 PM

Memo to Mr. Mooslim….UP YOURS!

Memo to Rick….same.

lynnv on November 2, 2006 at 4:03 PM

Now you are starting to get on my nerves – it’s called SARCACSM!!!

Rick on November 2, 2006 at 4:38 PM

Question the timing. Surely it’s a Rovian plot! LOL!

CP on November 2, 2006 at 4:44 PM

Tony737 on November 2, 2006 at 4:09 PM

Thank you Tony. It can’t be said enough. Unfortunately they won’t comprehend until it’s too late.

Entelechy on November 2, 2006 at 4:48 PM

I thought he was reading the ‘lost’ script from Kerry, with the jokes and all. It sounded like a Kerry speech, or Murtha.

As long as we have all those war ships near-by…just send a missile to where ever this F#@k head is and collateral everyone with in a block of his “Death To America” ass. Just blow em the frick off the planet. I’m tired of this sh*t, DEATH TO YOU, Islamafascist PIG.

Thanks.
EFG on November 2, 2006 at 2:45 PM
EFG on November 2, 2006 at 3:28 PM

Hey EFG, try I.E. if you’re on firefox, or maybe just wait, it does take a while and I’m at T-3 speed.

shooter on November 2, 2006 at 5:14 PM

If I were a Dumbocrat I would seriously rethink my position if our nations enemies advocating my causes. Nah, that’s why they call them Dumbocrats.

x95b10 on November 2, 2006 at 5:24 PM

Isn’t it nice to see others taking such an interest in politics? Now if only they would be so interested in letting their own people vote in free elections.

Emmett J. on November 2, 2006 at 5:28 PM

Not sure on the execute gay thing…let me clarify for you. It will matter not at all if you are GAY…you are an infidel first.
SURVEY SAYS: OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!

seejanemom on November 2, 2006 at 6:11 PM

Terrorists and liberals on the same side? Nothing new here, move along please.

JackM on November 2, 2006 at 6:13 PM

If this video were in English and only in audio I’d have assumed it was a Democrat speaking.

Yakko77 on November 2, 2006 at 6:23 PM

Now I know where Nancy Pelosi has been hiding these last days…Isn’t that her hand up the back of his man jammies?

seejanemom on November 2, 2006 at 6:40 PM

so “if” the democrats win next tuesday, will the terrorists be dancing in the streets in the Middle E

Starblazer on November 2, 2006 at 6:45 PM

so “if” the democrats win next tuesday, will terrorists be celebratring & dancing in the streets in the Middle East & will the democrats privately thank them personally for helping them win the election? all answers point to yes

Starblazer on November 2, 2006 at 6:48 PM

That IS a democratic party ad. It’s their talking points.

SouthernGent on November 2, 2006 at 6:56 PM

Thanks Entelechy, we need to do Iran before Iran does us, it’s as simple as that.

“We can’t afford to be innocent, stand up and face the enemy, it’s a do or die situation, we will be invincible. And with the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice, it’s a do or die situation, we will be invincible” – Pat Benatar

Tony737 on November 2, 2006 at 6:56 PM

Thanks for the tech tips, Shooter.

EFG on November 2, 2006 at 9:22 PM

Ahmad Khatami just made another statement:
He is not apologizing, but what he said was a botched joke. And he is prepared to fight back if you critize him.

right2bright on November 3, 2006 at 1:21 AM

Criticize, I meant to write criticize.

right2bright on November 3, 2006 at 1:22 AM

What the hell is that he’s shoving up his nose?

johnnyU on November 3, 2006 at 7:28 AM

This is just like 2004 all over again.

‘Hi, I’m John Kerry and you should vote for me because more rabid Islamists that want to butcher the lot of us like cattle are supporting my candidacy than the President’s.

Oh, and Saddam wouldn’t neccesarily still be in power if I were president. You never know, a meteor could have fallen out of the sky and killed him, so I’m still expecting an apology for that implication. Seriously.’

I guess the difference is that at least this time the Dems aren’t bragging that our enemies are supporting them.

Wolfman on November 3, 2006 at 5:54 PM