Video: Retired Lt. Gen. Tom McInerney calls for Kerry’s resignation

posted at 11:55 am on November 1, 2006 by Allahpundit

And then proceeds to impugn his service in Vietnam.

From an active-duty soldier in Karol’s comments section:

Is Kerry reffering to all the officers proudly serving over here as well? “Stuck in Iraq” he said, nice. I know first hand that I am not “stuck in Iraq”. I proudly put my boots on everyday for people back home so they can sleep soundly. We get blown up by IED’s/landmines, have mortar attcks, and the snipers are getting good over here. Just about everyday. It pisses me off to hear politicians bad mouth the situation over here. I have lost 4 damn good brothers. 2 in my own arms. People will NEVER understand what we go through everyday! It even makes me sick to my stomach that Kerry and I are considered “shipmates”. God Bless our great nation! Please keep praying for the ones still in harms way thoughout the world! Semper Fi

CJ points to one nutroots blog as evidence that whatever Kerry might have meant, “[his] base knew exactly what he was saying.”

Comments

I knew you’d come through with this. Thanks AP.

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 12:06 PM

How long before Kerry denounces McInerny as a “gutless chickenhawk”?

Ali-Bubba on November 1, 2006 at 12:10 PM

And people on Karol’s comment section are still trying to defend him. I agree with her. There is no way Kerry’s statement could have been an effective insult against Bush.

Maybe he meant it that way, but seriously, does it sound right to say to a bunch of Yale students “if you’re lazy and do not do well in school you might end up president”?

Sure, the punchline is supposed to be a joke at Bush’s handling of the war in Iraq, but Bush doesn’t even fit the lead in where Kerry is talking about getting an education. Not only does Bush have one (from the same university Kerry attended) but his grades were better (though only slightly) than Kerry’s.

Unless Kerry is more brain-dead than I’ve previously believed, he was referring to the troops. Maybe he was meaning to insult the horrible economy that gives Americans the choice of Burger King or the military, but he his “joke” only makes sense if it is in reference to the troops.

Esthier on November 1, 2006 at 12:13 PM

How long before Kerry denounces McInerny as a “gutless chickenhawk”

After he calls him a dumb, lazy, uneducated, doughy right-wing nutjob.

Good Lt on November 1, 2006 at 12:14 PM

The RNC needs to send Kerry a thank you note. Its the polite thing to do.

GT on November 1, 2006 at 12:16 PM

I question McInerny’s GPA.

fogw on November 1, 2006 at 12:16 PM

And why shouldn’t Kerry resign? Trent Lott was forced to resign over a joke.

And at least that joke was made in honor of a man’s birthday.

Have Democrats ever been shamed into resigning?

I’d really like to know if someone out there has a list of them. It just seems a little uneven on the Right.

Lott resigned over a joke. Kerry is hoping it will go away without an apology from him.

Foley resigned over disgusting emails and IMs. Studds was applauded because over his sexual relationship with an underage intern (who was plied with alcohol).

Did Jefferson resign over the cash in his freezer? I know we had a few resign over bribery, though Murtha didn’t.

I swear it must be easy being a Democrat.

Esthier on November 1, 2006 at 12:18 PM

if you’re lazy and do not do well in school you might end up president”?

Kerry wasn’t lazy enough, I guess. /sac.

I really enjoyed this little line made by Teresa Heinz-Kerry back in April of 2004 and reported by the Boston Globe.

“When you raise your kids, you say, ‘What you say is who you are,’ ”

Kerry’s parents got some ‘splaining to do!!

kiakjones on November 1, 2006 at 12:24 PM

White House Press Corps are falling over one another defending Kerry during Snow’s press conference. Shocking.

One braindead babe asked, “Rush Limbaugh hasn’t apologized to Michael J. Fox, why should Kerry have to apologize to our troops?

I’d like to take a stab at that one.

One apology involves a radio talk show host criticizing a Hollywierd celebrity. The other involves a sitting U.S. senator criticizing 130,000 troops putting their lives on the line in a foreign country.

Dumbass reporters.

fogw on November 1, 2006 at 12:24 PM

Exactly. If it was supposed to be a joke about the President of the United States then it’s a very illiterate joke – something that a Democratic version of Archie Bunker would think is funny.

Either way, joke about the President or window into his view of military personnel, this isn’t something that a Senator of any worth would say.

Kevin R on November 1, 2006 at 12:25 PM

“I question McInerny’s GPA.”

WTF

there it is on November 1, 2006 at 12:25 PM

And Rush only questioned whether or not Michael Fox was on his meds when he made the commercial. Even assuming it was meant as a joke at Pres. Bush’s expense; all Kerry would’ve had to do was say that he didn’t mean anything against the troops; he has the utmost respect for the troops, etc. Instead, he used his non-apology to blast “stuffed shirts” and Republicans. Can anyone say “vast right-wing conspiracy”?

dalewalt on November 1, 2006 at 12:28 PM

“I question McInerny’s GPA.”

WTF

there it is on November 1, 2006 at 12:25 PM

/sarcasm/

fogw on November 1, 2006 at 12:29 PM

THAT is speaking truth to power
Take notes libs

Defector01 on November 1, 2006 at 12:32 PM

The Lt. General is being rather nuanced.

JammieWearingFool on November 1, 2006 at 12:32 PM

I think Kerry has gone off his medication, to dramatize the symptoms of his debilitating foot-in-mouth disease, that only stem cells can cure ….

Ali-Bubba on November 1, 2006 at 12:35 PM

I knew I liked LTG McInerney for a reason. COL David Hunt is good on FOX too.

I haven’t heard if any more veterans organizations have asked for an apology beyond the American Legion and Amvets, but I’d hope that all of them would. That would be one hell of a show of force, and Kerry would have to be politically suicidal (I mean, even more than normal) to refuse to apologize to all of them. The sane Democrats are already pissing their pants as it is, especially if they’re running for office.

ReubenJCogburn on November 1, 2006 at 12:42 PM

Kerry is a typical elitist liberal Dem who has no clue as to what is really going on around him. The guy can’t control himself with all that rage he’s got in him – he still hasn’t gotten over the fact that W (an ignorant redneck) took him out behind the woodshed in ’04.

What Kerry and the Dems fail to understand is that the American people are more informed nowadays (thanks to the alternative media, cable, etc.). Kerry and the Dems continue to talk down to them (as they have done since the 60s). All they are doing is pissing off the American people. Kerry and Dems want a dumb, uneducated, and uninformed public – because they are the only ones that will listen and believe the liberals’ garbage.

Rick on November 1, 2006 at 12:42 PM

This just in:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Office Senator of Senator Kerry

It has come to our attention that our previous release about Senator Kerry’s botched joke was itself botched. The actual text of the speech called for Senator Kerry to say “If you don’t study, you will get stuck in a bottle, like a tomato in a ketchup bottle.” Get it? Ketchup! Ha! Ha! That was the real joke Senator Kerry was trying to make. Really.

pedestrian on November 1, 2006 at 12:47 PM

What he was really trying to tell the kids is that they should work hard at their studies and to not have the courage to wear the uniform and fight just like Dick Cheney and Karl Rove.

Kerry: “College kids should aspire to be like Cheney and Rove.”

Pablo on November 1, 2006 at 12:59 PM

Thanks for posting. I missed this on Fox but caught Wesley Clark being interviewed about the Kerry slam. Clark would not comment on Kerry and jsut kept going back to Bush’s failed policy in Iraq. What a jerk!

bopbottle on November 1, 2006 at 1:01 PM

Kerry: “College kids should aspire to be like Cheney and Rove.”

Love that one Pablo. ZINNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

fogw on November 1, 2006 at 1:09 PM

The beauty of this thing is it is showing all the true colors of the usual democrat suspects. They should be made human shields. That way they have at least some degree of worth.

Shmo on November 1, 2006 at 1:11 PM

Have you heard ANY military men or women who have actually SUPPORTED what Kerry said? Just wondering

Defector01 on November 1, 2006 at 1:19 PM

Lurch should base his decision on whether or not to apologize past an impartial multi-national panel :^)

db on November 1, 2006 at 1:22 PM

Did you hear General Wesley Barf slip and slide and change the subject when questioned on Fox about Herman Munster’s Iraq faux pas? Ask him about Nazi war atrocities in World War II and he would blame “America’s failed foreign policy with Germany.”

MaiDee on November 1, 2006 at 1:23 PM

Someone has forgotten to tell Mr. Kerry the first rule of hole, when one finds himself in one, stop digging.

starboard on November 1, 2006 at 1:39 PM

Pablo, can’t beat that logic.

Dems & libs, however, do not understand that level of logic.

mattshu on November 1, 2006 at 1:46 PM

Where oh were has Ichabod Kerry gone?

Guy has disappeared.

benrand on November 1, 2006 at 1:52 PM

Ok. Time to make a list of all the things John Kerry said about the troops in Iraq, or anywhere.

Kokonut on November 1, 2006 at 1:52 PM

Boy, conservatives must really have nothing going for them this election, because all you are talking about is Kerry. Nothing about Iraq, the deficit, healthcare, education. Just John Kerry. Maybe I will vote for a democrat, because you all seem distracted.

shackler on November 1, 2006 at 2:04 PM

shackler, you are so lame, dude.

Christoph on November 1, 2006 at 2:07 PM

it should be pointed out that the patty leavey post at thedemocratdaily.com was published at 1:03 am – directly after the event, by a progressive who attended the event and heard the entire speech in context prior to the issue hitting the national cycle and thus prior to the controversey.

jummy on November 1, 2006 at 2:09 PM

shackler on November 1, 2006 at 2:04 PM

When you liberals are actually willing to come to the table and debate the proper approach to fighting jihadists overseas, preventing terrorism at home, taxes, the state of the economy, and present us with your ideas as to how you will govern, you’ll find us waiting there. Until then, we’ll keep beating you over the head with this, because we know that the last thing you want to do is take us on with the issues, where you’ll get creamed.

Even so, Kerry’s remarks are germane to the ideological debate in this country, as there are significant numbers on your side who truly do disrespet the troops. As such, it’s perfectly acceptable to remind the electorate of this fact when they must decide which party is going to be in power.

thirteen28 on November 1, 2006 at 2:10 PM

i just want this to be clear: the progressives repeating kerry’s spin are not mistaken, they are liars. they are deliberately trying to decieve.

jummy on November 1, 2006 at 2:10 PM

And maybe I’ll cancel your vote out ‘shackler’ fool. If you’ve missed all the conservative’s discussions and ‘actual’ policies on the aforementioned issues you really do need to catch up. Just look a little harder. You’ll find them easily. Whereas if you’d like a briefing on the Dems policies on these very same issues I can review the complete leftist discussion with two words. ‘Dead Silence.’

Griz on November 1, 2006 at 2:17 PM

I question fogw’s GPA

jtdavies on November 1, 2006 at 2:46 PM

shackler….you’re only upset because your pathetic party just continues to give Republicans more and more ammunition to smack you around with. You and your liberal party members have big mouths that you can’t control….and when you can’t control your own bodily functions, you have much bigger problems than trying to win elections.

lynnv on November 1, 2006 at 2:55 PM

I question fogw’s GPA

jtdavies on November 1, 2006 at 2:46 PM

You’re the second pinhead posting today.

*sarcasm*, Look it up in the dictionary.

It’s a poke at Kerry’s twisted thinking!

fogw on November 1, 2006 at 3:08 PM

Shackler,

If this election were about the “real” issues, the Republicans would crush the Dems. Unfortunately, its the jack ass party that continues to make it about “the culture of corruption”, Foley, “Macacca”, etc. (in case you are confused right now, those aren’t the issues facing our country today). So please, pay attention to what is going on around you before you post comments like that.

Rick on November 1, 2006 at 3:31 PM

There was a recent Glenn and Helen show about real demographics (especially education). It’s the Oct 11 show. Worth a listen.

starflyer on November 1, 2006 at 3:31 PM

Hmmm…this boy (or girl) must not come ’round here very often.

Bob's Kid on November 1, 2006 at 4:07 PM

Kerry has “issued an apology”, but he’s nowhere to be seen on TV. Maybe Clinton is teaching him how to shed a tear. It would not surprise me to see him weep at the upcoming press conference.

SouthernGent on November 1, 2006 at 4:36 PM

fogw-

You missed my sarcasm.

jtdavies on November 1, 2006 at 4:39 PM

And the quip of the day goes to…drum roll…

I question McInerny’s GPA.

fogw on November 1, 2006 at 12:16 PM

right2bright on November 1, 2006 at 5:00 PM

Normally, libs don’t give a rat’s ass what a General says, only when a Gen. beats up on W do they listen and claim he has absolute moral authority. BUT, I predict they blow THIS guy off as just another neocon jack booted Halliburtan robot controlled by the eeeeevil brainiac yet total dumbass hick GWB.

Tony737 on November 1, 2006 at 5:26 PM

maybe Kerry will resign after Rumsfield…

crr6 on November 1, 2006 at 5:43 PM

crr6, most of us don’t want Kerry to resign. He is exactly the leader you need, and we want you to have. He exemplifies the Democratic leadership, you should stand proud of him, he is the best you have. And I think you may have a little John Kerry in you, that will make you proud.
“I am John Kerry and Teresa approves of this ad”

right2bright on November 1, 2006 at 6:51 PM

good one right2bright! Ummm, you forgot to toss in a kool-aid reference and then call me a communist. Then you really woulda own3d me!

crr6 on November 1, 2006 at 7:34 PM

conservatives must really have nothing going for them this election

With idiots like Kerry shilling for the RNC, I agree, there is a temptation to put the cruise control on and just let the dems implode.

Purple Avenger on November 1, 2006 at 7:46 PM

crr6 I said nothing derogatory about you, I am assuming you are a liberal. If you are not my apology, but I certainly would not call anyone a communist (unless they identify themselves as such) or a kool-aid drinker. I happen to think everyone thinks for themselves, and are responsible for their own thoughts and actions. If you are proud of John Kerry as your leader or as a Democratic leader than what I stated would please you, not insult you. You should stand proud with him, and I applaud you for your faithfullness to the cause. He is a “front” man for the Democratic party and the Democrats should back him, especially now. It just so happens that many are running from him, kind of a cut and run policy. You apparently disliked my stating you had a little John Kerry in you, I thought maybe you would like that. I stated that as a compliment to you and your beliefs. What liberal would you like to emulate or “have” a piece of? Or are you comfortable to be associated with John Kerry and share his goals?
Thanks for answering crr6.

right2bright on November 1, 2006 at 8:12 PM

Gen. McInerney,

The next time you’re in Ft. Walton, the WGOFP and I will buy the beers…

Zorro on November 1, 2006 at 8:32 PM

I don’t think he’s the best the democratic party has to offer…but regardless…your statement was sarcastic, and it mischaracterized kerry, so i wouldn’t want to “have a piece” of your mischaracterization.

crr6 on November 1, 2006 at 8:32 PM

… at the Bangkok House!

Zorro on November 1, 2006 at 8:42 PM

So there is no democrat, crr6, that you hold in any esteem? I asked if there was any democrat leader that you have faith in. If you do not want to answer I understand. Thanks for answering. No mischaracterization intented, I guess I need to take back that he is the best you have, or that he exemplifies Democrat leadership, or that you (and other democrats) should stand proud and continue to back him. Now, why do you support him?, you made me remove his strongest attributes. If someone praises him you get angry, if someone disses him you get angry. I think you can see why conservatives have so much fun with liberals, understanding your thoughts are like picking up mercury with a toothpick. Maybe another leader of the Democrats makes you feel good, Pelosi maybe or Kennedy? I bet you could name one.

right2bright on November 1, 2006 at 11:18 PM

I am tired of hearing that Kerry is a decorated war hero. Show me his military record. Then kick the sack of crap out for being the lier he is.

The only military heros I know are those who are serving and have served their country with honor.

BobK on November 2, 2006 at 10:33 AM