Video: Olby to Bush: You’re stupid!

posted at 10:27 pm on November 1, 2006 by Ian

In his latest special comment Keith Olbermann called President Bush far more stupid than what Kerry suggested because he could not understand a sentence. On the other hand, he says Bush was so smart to misconstrue Kerry’s anti-troops diatribe and send out his “minions” to confuse everyone. Which one is it Olby: is Bush’s intelligence as low as your ratings or is the President as brilliant as O’Reilly’s?

In Keith’s latest propaganda piece to impress the DNC, he castigates McCain, one of Bush’s “minions”, for demanding Kerry, a “decorated Vietnam veteran”, to apologize. Olby sez McCain “should be ashamed of himself”. Yeah, don’t you dare question John Kerry, he got three purple hearts, while you were only tortured for five-and-a-half years. The nerve of John McCain.

Continuing his jeremiad, Olby demanded Bush to apologize for all the deaths he caused in Iraq. The best doesn’t come until the end, where Olbermann labels Bush a terrorist for anything bad that has happened to Democrats. I just stubbed my toe, it’s must be Bush’s fault.

Johnny Dollar at Olbermann Watch writes:

And finally, held for the last possible Nielsen minute, the latest Speshul Komment [see APPENDIX below]. Complete with head moves, stentorian tones, one “sir” after another–and the obligatory turns to Camera 3 at the precisely scripted moments. Most bizarre moment: Rev Olbermann attempted to blame Republicans for the anthrax attacks by claiming they were aimed at “critics of your administration”. Um, like the Murdoch-owned New York Post?!? For his part, Krazy Keith bent over backwards to concoct the most benign possible interpretation for the words of John Kerry. This is a deference and a benefit of the doubt he has never extended to Ann Coulter. Or John Gibson. Or Trent Lott? Or Rush Limbaugh. Or Bill O’Reilly. Or “Mister” Bush. The root of Keith’s Speshul Komment is encapsulated here

J$ also gives us the money quote of Keith’s Krazy Komment:

Mr. Bush and his minions responded, by appearing to be too stupid to realize that they had been called stupid. They demanded Kerry apologize to the troops in Iraq.

Ha. You’re so stupid, that you don’t even realized you’re being called stupid, stupid. It’s quite obvious that Keith has never aged emotionally.

You can find a list of Democrats that Olbermann subsequently called “stupid” here.

Update (Allahpundit): Did I read that right? Did Olbermann really hint that Republicans were behind the anthrax attacks?

From J$’s transcript:

And also here — we have institutionalized the terrorizing of the opposition.

True domestic terror:

Critics of your administration in the media receive letters filled with fake anthrax…

Of course, Mr. President, you did none of these things.

You instructed no one to mail the fake anthrax, nor undermine the FBI’s case, nor call for the execution of the editors of the New York Times, nor threaten to assassinate Stephanie Miller, nor beat up a man yelling at Sen. George Allen, nor have the first lady knife Michael J. Fox, nor tell John McCain to lie about John Kerry.

No, you did not.

And the genius of the thing is the same as in King Henry’s rhetorical question about Archbishop Thomas Becket: “Who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?”

All you have to do, sir, is hand out enough new canes.

Update (Allahpundit): Nope, I didn’t read it right. Olby merely suggested that Republicans were responsible for the fake anthrax attacks. Whew! Adds J$: “It matters not to him that within days of his fake anthrax letter, another one was received at a California radio station. KO never talks about that. Why? Because it’s a conservative talk station. They are not ‘critics of the administration’. So there goes another Krazy Keith Konspiracy shot all to hell.”

Comments

“Olby to Bush: You’re stupid!”

Hopefully someone will hand him a mirror before he says those two words again.

SisterToldjah on November 1, 2006 at 10:30 PM

So it begins the first staged coup in American history! At least sisnce 1952

sonnyspats1 on November 1, 2006 at 10:40 PM

Again… He’s a buffoon. Pure scum-sucking whore.

x95b10 on November 1, 2006 at 10:40 PM

I’m waiting for the tape where this guy implodes, followed by a small puff of slowly dissipating smoke. (Cue applause.)

Scotsman on November 1, 2006 at 10:44 PM

BDS lives…hilarious. I might just watch MSNBC Tuesday night to relish the meltdown in real time.

SouthernGent on November 1, 2006 at 10:44 PM

I like Olby. He’s like sandpaper.. and I like sandpaper. I like sand AND paper. I like Olby. I like salt & pepper. And I like salt AND pepper! Spicy. I like Olby. I like SP. I like S AND P. (wait for it, it’s coming) SP. I like the alphabet. It is yummy. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. Can’t get enough. I like Olby. I like the ‘O’ most, because it’s BIG and frightening. OOOH!! I like to be skeered, too. I like ‘l’ because it looks like #’1′ and that’s me. I like ‘b’ because it has one testicle, like Olby. ‘y’ I like because I ask that question alla time, since Olby hasn’t drawn the hugicle audience he wants needs!

/not funny. Just off-the-cuff stuff

Ugly on November 1, 2006 at 10:46 PM

Here we go again. Olby is still struggling olbygasm. He is better off in hollywood. He has terrific acting skills.

Hopefully someone will hand him a mirror before he says those two words again.

SisterToldjah on November 1, 2006 at 10:30 PM

This would be a turning point in his life.

Ouabam on November 1, 2006 at 10:46 PM

Is the proper phrase “boilerplate Olberman” or “Olberplate Boilerman?”

cms on November 1, 2006 at 10:47 PM

Olberman hints that Bush mailed the anthrax letters?

Thud.

(Jaw hits floor)

EFG on November 1, 2006 at 10:48 PM

I still won’t watch that snotlicker. Even though it
was the reason I joined Hot Air to vent the
“American Pie” Dad look-a-like (Eugene Levy).

That slimeball is an insult to slimeballs

Texyank on November 1, 2006 at 10:48 PM

Anyone think that Keith can pass a drug test? I am taking action.

iam7545 on November 1, 2006 at 10:48 PM

John MCcain isn’t a “minion” when he sides with Democrats is he?

I can’t believe this guys ratings are up something like 64% since last October. What’s his show going to be like when Bush is no longer president two years down the road?

V15J on November 1, 2006 at 10:49 PM

This guy has some serious issues. His show can’t last much longer… he is so clearly on the fringe that it threatens any credibility that MSNBC has left.

DaveS on November 1, 2006 at 10:49 PM

I made myself watch this. Incredible.

I don’t know who’s more of a pompous and misguided asshole…Keith Olbermann or Bill Maher.

asc85 on November 1, 2006 at 10:52 PM

Pure vile.

infidel on November 1, 2006 at 10:54 PM

OH. MY. GOD.

PRESTON BROOKS?

Olbermann compared Kerry’s critics to Preston Brooks?

Words fail.

Ali-Bubba on November 1, 2006 at 10:55 PM

I’m waiting for Olbermann to exhibit an event of self-immolation, much like the protesting monks of the past. He’s at about that point of his lunacy.

MsUnderestimated on November 1, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Bush is stupid, and he NEVER served!! Well, I mean, he’s stupid even if he didn’t serve, the evil genius. Well, I mean…he WAS in the Guard, the draft dodger…OK lemme get back to you on this one…..

HerrMorgenholz on November 1, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Dan Abrams MUST apologize for keeping this imbecile on the air.

KO has now become a caricature of himself. I think he really is delusional. He’s not reporting any sort of useful opinion. He’s just living out some paranoid conspiratorial fantasy. He’s even borrowed Edward R. Murrow’s phrase ’cause he’s too “stupid” to come up with his own.

MSNBC should give Olby a “special comment”: “You’re fired!”

CP on November 1, 2006 at 11:03 PM

I was wondering why I sent out that anthrax…

(to anyone monitoring, I’m kidding)

frankj on November 1, 2006 at 11:05 PM

Could it be that the MSNBC execs haven’t fired KO because even they don’t bother to watch his show? Just wonderin’.

CP on November 1, 2006 at 11:05 PM

Wow, Olbermann is full of crap…

Sen. Kerry … told the students that he had been in Texas the day before, that President Bush used to live in that state, but that now he lives in the state of denial.

He said the trip had reminded him about the value of education — that “if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you can get stuck in Iraq.”

That completely false bolded section, pulled from thin air, gives the joke an entirely different, much clearer (and less incendiary) meaning.

Well played, Keith.

DaveS on November 1, 2006 at 11:10 PM

It also sounds like he is agitating for a civil war.

DaveS on November 1, 2006 at 11:10 PM

There’s a village, somewhere, in search of it’s idiot. They should tune in to MSNBC.

thedecider on November 1, 2006 at 11:14 PM

I was wondering why I sent out that anthrax…

You sir, are worse than Hitler.

EFG on November 1, 2006 at 11:16 PM

Once again Olbermann reverted into Olberkind and threw a puerile tantrum.

Entelechy on November 1, 2006 at 11:16 PM

This kind of rhetoric always makes me want to ask: who is really stupid? The stupid guy – or the guy that always loses to the stupid guy?

It’s pretty lame when you always come in dead last at the Special Olympics, and then call the other guys “retarded.”

But I guess that pretty much sums up Olberman and the Democrats in general.

Professor Blather on November 1, 2006 at 11:18 PM

Nice plan, in theory. But nobody – NOBODY – tunes in to MSNBC.

Professor Blather on November 1, 2006 at 11:24 PM

After listening to his speech in the embedded video in this post, it seems that Olberman said “fake anthrax” was sent to the newspapers.

So I guess he is saying Bush is behind the recent fake anthrax attacks, but not the lethal ones in the months after 9/11.

EFG on November 1, 2006 at 11:25 PM

Olby reminds me of J. Jonah Jameson.

If there were no super-heroes, there would be no super- villians. Simple. Easy. And totally insane.

wiserbud on November 1, 2006 at 11:31 PM

He was talking about himself getting an fake anthrax letter and pagesix of the NYPOST mocking him the next day about his reaction. Now that he bashed pagesix, I expect them to release the rest of the karma emails.

Ripclawe on November 1, 2006 at 11:45 PM

The jokes on you Olbe, it was Karl Rove who sent the anthrax letters. And Olbe is right, don’t attack Ford, not while he is attacking Kerry. You are so right, no nut case has ever attacked an elected official, let everyone out of control “get” to the senators and congressmen. Oklahoma bombing and fertilizer, Bush uses fertilzer on his farm…coincidence, I don’t think so. I have never seen Bush and Osama Bin Laden together in the same room, why?…could they be the same person? Olbe, you left out the part where Bush ordered and planned the twin towers tragedy. And what is Bush hiding on the other side of the moon. Yeah and Olbe, could you send me the real transcript of what Kerry said, all of the news conduits have quoted and taped and videoed something different from your quotes and statements, that stupid Bush got them to record the wrong thing again.

“I am Keith Olbermann and all 37 of my listeners approve of this message”

right2bright on November 1, 2006 at 11:53 PM

his guy has some serious issues.

…he’s his own best friend….

His show can’t last much longer…

…which explains the issues….

Puritan1648 on November 1, 2006 at 11:55 PM

I haven’t taken the idea that Olby would go Truther-Bush-Knew on us very seriously… but after the anthrax/Thomas Becket bit…hmmm….

Alex K on November 2, 2006 at 12:12 AM

Maybe Bush didn’t know exactly, he just said, in spring of ’01, “Who will provide me with a pretext to conquer the Middle East???”

Alex K on November 2, 2006 at 12:13 AM

Sorry, but I can’t get past Überdouche’s screen capture picture without cracking up–could he possibly look more like Ed Grimley? (character of Martin Short’s from SCTV)
All he lacks is having his hair gelled to a point over his head!

This *sshat couldn’t possibly expect us to take him seriously, could he?
He’s the moonbattiest of the BDS lunatics.
The fact that he has a “hit” show with his Michael Moorish ravings ( meaning more than 50 viewers for BSDNC MSNBC) says it all about the MSM being in the bag for the Left, doesn’t it?

Jen the Neocon on November 2, 2006 at 1:02 AM

“This President must apologize to the troops, for allowing the left wing of the opposition party to slander them daily.”

That’s more like it.

“Good night and good luck?”

You’ve got to be kidding! Olberdouche sees himself as a latter day Edward R. Murrow?

Someone pull the buttplug out of this guys ass.

infidel4life on November 2, 2006 at 1:24 AM

Scary. If the Repubs maintain both the House and Senate next week, how far will Olby go? The guy needs help, I agree with DaveS, he seems to be agitating for a civil war.

JeffB. on November 2, 2006 at 1:27 AM

Did he really say “good night, and good luck” at the end?

Sammy316 on November 2, 2006 at 1:37 AM

I bet this clip has more viewing here than the original broadcast and rebroadcast combined. I’m amazed they still have him on the lineup.

geckomon on November 2, 2006 at 1:38 AM

I love how you mock him for having low ratings, yet feel threatened enough to give him lots of play here. Fascinating.

Constantine on November 2, 2006 at 1:41 AM

Constantine(ly) wrong, I was wondering when an olbydoucher would show on this thread.

Why is it when the right talks about {insert meme here} it feels threatened, but if the moonbats/dhimmikrauts/MSM talk about {ya} they are just doing ‘news’?

LordNazh on November 2, 2006 at 2:14 AM

I made myself watch this. Incredible.

asc85 on November 1, 2006 at 10:52 PM

You have a stronger stomach than I; I can hardly even look at his sneering mug without throwing up.
And I’d have to vote KO for the Most Pompous and Misguided Asshole, but Bill Maher is definitely a close second. shudders.

tikvah on November 2, 2006 at 2:21 AM

“In his latest special comment Keith Olbermann called President Bush far more stupid than what Kerry suggested because he could not understand a sentence. On the other hand, he says Bush was so smart to misconstrue Kerry’s anti-troops diatribe and send out his “minions” to confuse everyone.”

I am still undecided; was this piece ‘wired’ to induce wry amusement – or just written REALLY badly?

eminuu on November 2, 2006 at 2:50 AM

After watching this clip, I’m very angry at MSNBC for allowing this neo-Nazi propagandist on the air in the first place. He’s my nominee for the 2006 Joseph Goebbels Propagandist of the Year award.

georgej on November 2, 2006 at 2:54 AM

If somehow the GOP keeps control of both houses..watchout KO,Chrissy Mathews,CNN,MSNBC and the rest of the MSM will have one of the biggest meltdowns anyone has every seen there will be story after story about voting problems,Chrissy will be demanding an investigation.KO will give a “special comment” on how Bush and the GOP stole the elections and the rest of the MSM will begin the biggest push for Hillary for Pres.yet with one glowing story after another and it gose without saying that there will be still no good news about Iraq at all.

mlong on November 2, 2006 at 4:12 AM

Olby looks for all the world like a televangelist with a wall of stained glass behind him. Maybe we’ve found the Left’s Jerry Falwell.

Kralizec on November 2, 2006 at 4:13 AM

If any of his shtick or rhetoric was true, don’t you think he’d be taking up space next to Jimmy Hoffa by now?

E L Frederick on November 2, 2006 at 6:35 AM

To Constatine:

KO gets play time here because he is a stereotype of the Demcratic Party. He just summarizes what all of the idiot Dems are saying around the country (e.g., Harry Reid demanding Boehner apologize to the troops). Sadly, KO is so stupid tat he can’t understand a sentence. Kerry clearly said what Bush, McCain, et al., demanded the apology for. KO isn’t threatening, he’s a botched joke.

cmay on November 2, 2006 at 6:42 AM

Who is this brain dead pulsating piece of protoplasm? Olberman should be very thankful for mindless, meaningless jobs like his . . . without them he’d be living under a bridge.

rplat on November 2, 2006 at 8:08 AM

Olby reaches more “viewers” through Hot Air than he does on PMSNBC. He should come with a warning label:
“If any comment I might make starts making sense, you should seek immediate therapy.”
The guy is a barking moonbat and would be best left ignored.

conservativecaveman on November 2, 2006 at 8:55 AM

Trust me, Jerry Falwell is one of the nicest guys anyone could meet. He’s not some ranting and raving lunatic that the MSM portrays him as. He’s got a really great sense of humor and is very self-depricating. Sorry, I hate to see this guy maligned–he’s a great pastor. He doesn’t deserve to occupy the same sentence as Olby.

I think a more apt description is that Olby is the Fred Phelps of the Left, although I don’t know any true Christians who would in any way defend Phelps as being remotely right in his actions in the same way that Libs love Olbermann.

acleaver on November 2, 2006 at 9:56 AM

Ugh. I tried to watch it but couldn’t stomach it. Does he ever do anything but rant? I thought it was supposed to be a news show…

CorinthianJest on November 2, 2006 at 10:39 AM

acleaver on November 2, 2006 at 9:56 AM

Totally agree. I would rather listen to Jerry Falwell 5 hours a day than 1 minute of Olbermann. They’re not in the same category at all (other than white American males).

tikvah on November 2, 2006 at 10:52 AM

Smear merchant!

budorob on November 2, 2006 at 11:08 AM

OompaLoompah Doopidy Doo!

Olby, the one that’s stoopid is you!

OompahLoompah Do PaDe Die!

Olby, Just DiE DIE DIEDIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!

pant… pant… gasp… (deep breath) There! I feel better now.

Mazztek on November 2, 2006 at 11:15 AM

All he lacks is having his hair gelled to a point over his head!

I’ve always compared his likenesss to another SCTV character played by Eugene Levy ……. Sid Dithers!

fogw on November 2, 2006 at 11:24 AM

Bipolar.

Fargus on November 2, 2006 at 12:34 PM

But YOOOOU’RE the stupidest stupid ever there was that was stupider than the stupidest stupid stupid!

venmax on November 2, 2006 at 12:38 PM

Ugh…I could’nt get a quarter of the way through that crap before I had to turn it off.

I’ve got better things to do with my time.

Nice Deb on November 2, 2006 at 12:40 PM

Wow.

When will people start calling for his apology? Oh that’s right, never, because nobody cares what he has to say!

ballz2wallz on November 2, 2006 at 12:41 PM

When it comes to stupid, Olbermann is definitely an expert in the field. I just wonder how far back they have to keep the camera to protect the lens from flying spittle. 10 feet, maybe? 15?

ReubenJCogburn on November 2, 2006 at 1:27 PM

The right to disagree is very important to us here in America. Perhaps Olbermann should remmeber that it is due to the sacrifices of the Armed Forces (of which both President Bush and Senator Kerry, among many others have been a part of) that he even has the right to disagree.

That right, however, is not and should not be a license to call our President stupid on national television.

Whether you agree with him or not, voted for him or not – he is our President and as such is the representative of our nation. As such, he deserves our support and respect, not public ridicule and insult.

Besides, Olbermann, it is easy to criticize, but harder to think of solutions and make decisions.

I may not fully agree with the president either – many of you may not – chances are, though, are that we can intelligently disagree without having to always resort to name calling or public ridicule to make a point.

There is a way to make our displeasure of non-entities like Olbermann known –

1. Don’t watch his programs

2. Let your local station know that you do not like his program – and why.

3. Let NBC (or MSNBC) know that you do not like his program – and why.

4. Let their sponsors know that you do not like his show – and why.

Shows and networks are ratings and sponsor driven. Threaten the revenue and Olbermann will realize that he is what he has called others – after he’s canned.

Emmett J. on November 2, 2006 at 2:03 PM

When we retain both houses, I am going to be glued to the set to see this snarling, memtally deranged hack go completely over the top. They will need to keep medical personnel on hand because it could get really ugly(er).

This show is exclusively for the frothing, Bush despising elites to gather around their $15,000 plasma sets cheering in their Manhattan condos sipping Cristal Champagne.

It is good comedy, though.

revolution on November 2, 2006 at 3:13 PM

Olby is clearly the product of evolutionary retard butt-sex. (See the adjacent SouthPark video clip posted here on HotAir.) ‘Nuff said.

CyberCipher on November 2, 2006 at 3:20 PM

Wow. Olber-woman really threw a hissy-fit.
He must be really mad about Waffles’ apology. I have to admit I zoned out after ten seconds when I started laughing, so I didn’t listen to what he said, but I can’t believe it was anything important.

Keep whining, Keithy. It can’t hurt your ratings any.

Lone Star on November 2, 2006 at 3:22 PM

The Keister is a legend in his own mind. With ratings lower than whale dung, the only ones listening his ‘stuck on stupid’ remarks are the women sitting in the restroom stalls next to him.

pocomoco on November 2, 2006 at 3:26 PM

Overheard:

Olby is as Olby does, Lieutenant Dan.

–Forrest Gump

CyberCipher on November 2, 2006 at 3:37 PM

Olberman is off his meds again. He really needs to get one of those little sets of boxes that have the initials for every day of the week and put 1 or 2 pills in each box so that he won’t go off on these stupid tirades. This guy is so dillusional that he actually expects the rest of us to believe that we didn’t actually hear SKerry say what he actually said.

Does anybody actually watch this guy?

lynnv on November 2, 2006 at 3:51 PM

The link to Olbermann Watch on the sidebar is enough, imho.

Everyone knows he’s a morally defunct media attention whore pandering to the few dope-fogged scrote dreadlocked bird seed eaters -that actually have TV’s and electricity to run them- that he manages to succeed in baffling with his bullshit.

Everytime a clip and diatribe about Olberdouche is posted, I feel like he wins a little bit.

SilverStar830 on November 2, 2006 at 4:05 PM

Seriously, how did Olbermann get a show in the first place. This guy is out of his mind. He acts like a child no more than 10 years of age. What a sad, sad man.

dynospectrum on November 2, 2006 at 4:12 PM

I wanna be in his next book. I want to be in the “Worst Person in the World” book. After all, if Olby hates me, I’m bound to be doing something right.

E L Frederick on November 2, 2006 at 4:22 PM

I do agree with Olbermann in that I doubt 100% Kerry was denigrating the military. I do think even if Kerry “pulled the joke off” it would still not have been funny or useful. Calling Bush dumb in public is well…. dumb. However Kerry and Olbermann are not running for anything.

I like Countdown, but his occasional closing “special comments” are overly dramatic, bombastic and my least favorite thing. Another “special comment” he did on Bush’s “you should not think”, in regards to comparing the terrorist to the USA, twisted the nuance of words and made a big deal of it. Ho Humm boring. That’s what the GOP is doing to Kerry. It’s despicable on both sides. STOP IT Children. Waste-O-time.

I watch both Olbermann and Oreilly. They both have good points and shows for time to time, but hardly believe or agree with everything either say.

Politics, they all lie and eggagerate every little nit pick to get an advantage. BOTH SIDES DO IT. It makes effective partisan politics but hurts America. Yelling, apologize on either side does what? Nothing, and distracts from the critical issues.

Complaints about TV shows do little in the end, ratings count. Should we just have FOX news and Rush Limbaugh all the time? Countdown has good regular guest and funny and sometimes interesting bits called “Oddball” and “Worst Person’s in the World”. Its good to have different opinions. Its that darn pesky freedom of speech thing. I record all shows and skip “special comments” or any vitriolic rant and any rave devoid of substance I don’t want to hear. It saves time in writing letters.

gmcjetpilot on November 2, 2006 at 4:42 PM

When all is said and done – if we don’t like what’s on – switch to another channel (there’s too many to count) or turn the tube off.

Emmett J. on November 2, 2006 at 5:17 PM

dynospectrum

Olbermann was originally a sports reporter. What bright wig put him where he is now, only confirms that the suits at CNN are a long-long way from reality.

pocomoco on November 2, 2006 at 5:52 PM

This is precious, Ogreman calling someone else stupid. The man who defended “it depends on what the meaning of is is”. Yeah, Ogreman, we can certainly see how you would be qualified to give us an English lesson on diagramming sentences. Your lack of integrity is only super-ceded by your hatred of anything Bush. You mistake hatred for passion and bitterness for cleverness…….now who is stupid sir? Say hello to Mr. O’Reilly for me as you look up at him in the ratings………….

ritethinker on November 2, 2006 at 7:44 PM

Am I the only one reminded of Peter Finch in Network every time I see Olbermann rant? Perhaps what he needs is a name change. How about Olberthetop?

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on November 2, 2006 at 9:35 PM