Lazy and uneducated photo of the day!

posted at 12:33 pm on November 1, 2006 by Allahpundit

Someone just sent me this. I think it’s too good to be true, but you can inspect the full-sized version yourself by clicking the image.

If it is a photoshop, it’s awfully well done.

carry.jpg

Update: Readers think it’s real. I concur.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Since Michelle might be on O’Reilly anyway… I sent Bill a link (to this thread) and asked him to take a look at the photo. I hope he runs it on the factor. That would so kick ascii.

E L Frederick on November 1, 2006 at 1:36 PM

Fox News just showed the image

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 1:36 PM

KICK BUTT!

E L Frederick on November 1, 2006 at 1:37 PM

I love our troops!

bookwurm322 on November 1, 2006 at 1:37 PM

They had a big clamshell in that general area. It’s been over a year since I was there myself.

Oh yeah, now I remember. I was there in Jan-Jul 2004 with 2/505.

JasonG on November 1, 2006 at 1:38 PM

By the way, are these the troops in this photo the Republican, who are nothing more than smear artists who’ve never served using a campaign tactic?

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 1:38 PM

Forget about whether it was photoshopped (which I doubt) – the type of humor on display has the definite ring of military-style humor authenticity.

Spurius Ligustinus on November 1, 2006 at 1:39 PM

If that’s a photoshop, Reuters should hire the person who did it. The letters bend with the banner and The Corner has already received a letter from a Commander in Iraq with mispelled words and sarcasm about John Kerry.

americanpundit on November 1, 2006 at 1:40 PM

BRAVO! Instant Classic!!

Sacwannabe on November 1, 2006 at 1:40 PM

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

Vic on November 1, 2006 at 1:44 PM

Yeah, that pic is over next to the BDOC isn’t it?

E5infantry on November 1, 2006 at 1:31 PM

It looks awful familiar… it sure could be.

E L Frederick on November 1, 2006 at 1:45 PM

Has anyone noticed the ghetto-rigged AC in the second humvee from the right?

JasonG on November 1, 2006 at 1:46 PM

Here’s the letter “The Corner” received yesterday:
——————
Ms. Lopez,

Thanks for link to U-toob. Me not understand big words bout kerry. Like pictures better.

BOY, it Hard to rite e-male with crayon.

Very respectfully,

major

Camp slayer, Bahgdad, iraq

———————-

End Hears da Linkh:

americanpundit on November 1, 2006 at 1:46 PM

As an Art Director who uses Pshop every day, after examination of this, my conclusion; The Real Deal.

If this is fake it came out of Adobe’s HQ from someone with more intimate knowledge of the program than anyone Ive ever met and I taught this piece of software at the college level for a time.

Hooyah! 1/34 go get em!

Viper1 on November 1, 2006 at 1:48 PM

It’s on Drudge’s front page!!! LOL!!

Done and done!

John Kerry: ducked when he should have punched and punched when he should have ducked.

Citizen Duck on November 1, 2006 at 1:48 PM

It looks like the turret is ghetto rigged too. Both Humvees seem to have the airconditioner, the furthest to the right’s you have to look really close to see.

americanpundit on November 1, 2006 at 1:48 PM

Revenge of the retards.

Bless you boys.

mesablue on November 1, 2006 at 1:49 PM

Oops. My bad. The vehicle on the far right doesn’t seem to be a humvee. Never mind.

americanpundit on November 1, 2006 at 1:50 PM

Here is a photo I have you can use for comparison. It at the chapel.

E L Frederick on November 1, 2006 at 1:52 PM

Pfft. Cherry.

:D

JasonG on November 1, 2006 at 1:52 PM

Damn, Rove has really gotten good at photoshopping, no?

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 1:56 PM

Damn, Rove has really gotten good at photoshopping, no?

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 1:56 PM

I’m more impressed with the Jedi Mind trick he used to fool Kerry into saying that… lol

E L Frederick on November 1, 2006 at 2:03 PM

I mentioned earlier that I emailed a link to Kerry, and I just received an auto-reply…. (apologies for the length HotAir folks, remove if you’d like)

Thank you very much for your comments. My statement yesterday – and the White House knows this full well — was a botched joke about the President and the President’s people, not about the troops.
This is the finest military that we’ve ever had. I have fought a lifetime on behalf of veterans. We have the finest young men and women serving us in the United States military that we’ve ever had, and I’m proud of that. As a combat veteran, I know the dedication, integrity, and commitment of American troops. I’ve lived it. Had George Bush and Dick Cheney lived it one minute of their comfortable lives in combat they would never have sent American troops to war without body armor or without a plan to win the peace and they wouldn’t be exploiting our troops today.

The White House’s attempt to distort my true statement is a remarkable testament to their failure in making America safe. It is a stunning statement about their willingness to reduce anything in America to raw politics. It is textbook Republican campaign tactic. Try to change the topic; try to make someone else the issue; not the policy, not their responsibility.

I apologize to no one for my criticism of the President and of his broken policy. If anyone owes our troops in the fields an apology, it is the President. It’s their willingness to distort, their willingness to mislead Americans, their willingness to exploit the troops, as they have so many times at backdrops, at so many speeches at which they have not told the American people the truth. It’s George Bush’s broken policy that kills and maims our heroes in Iraq every single day. His pathetic attempt to distort a botched joke about President Bush is a shameful effort to distract from a botched war.

President Bush owes an apology to our troops and to their families for mistake after mistake in Iraq. George Bush didn’t do his homework when he ran from sound intelligence about Iraq. Dick Cheney didn’t learn from the lessons of the Gulf War when he forgot his own advice not to get bogged down in Iraq. George Bush didn’t do his homework when he ignored General Shinseki’s advice to go to war with enough troops to maintain order. This entire administration didn’t learn anything about telling the truth; otherwise they would have leveled with the American people that we are stuck in a civil war in Iraq today.

I love how in that last paragraph he invokes the words “homework” and “learn”, as if anyone is stupid enough to buy his bullshit excuse, that his “botched joke” was about Bush having not learned lessons and done his homework before going to war.

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 2:03 PM

How is CNN going to handle this?

The Kerry Dummygate would make for a very memorable “Saturday Night Live, Nov. 4th, 2006″. This picture and other reactions could be included.

Schadenfreude! Dummyfreude!

P.S. What a psychological bomb, at a perfect timing – It’s irrelevant what he meant. The conservatives would never get a milimeter of a break, would they have said something similar.

Entelechy on November 1, 2006 at 2:03 PM

This is awesome. God Bless Our Troops!!

StephC on November 1, 2006 at 2:04 PM

Damn, Rove has really gotten good at photoshopping, no?

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 1:56 PM

E L Frederick on November 1, 2006 at 2:03 PM

lol… All I know is that it appears that what he said has been “seared… seared! in these troops”, and likely in hundreds of thousands of others.

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 2:05 PM

The fastest spreading picture in Internet History.

Mazztek on November 1, 2006 at 2:06 PM

After knowing so many people in the armed forces, this is classic military humor. I love it.

GOP and College on November 1, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Wow. Rove must have been able to play a mind trick on these troops.

americanpundit on November 1, 2006 at 2:09 PM

RightWinged, thanks for sharing his auto-reply.

Try to change the topic; try to make someone else the issue

John Kerry on Nov. 1, 2006.

Yep, wussitude, wussitude, wussitude. And accountability.

I’m gloriously reminded what a collective instinct the American electorate had not to make this windbag CiC of the troops he thinks so ‘highly’ of.

Entelechy on November 1, 2006 at 2:10 PM

That’s so squeeeeet! ROTFLOL!!! Priceless….

GmanPsycho on November 1, 2006 at 2:11 PM

Hahahaha Hahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

We know the deployed troops watch Fox News in Iraq, so of course they know what’s going on! That’s why they watch!

That’s a pretty good quick-reaction response from a bunch of “un-ed-u-a-ma-kated soljurs”.

Texas Gal on November 1, 2006 at 2:17 PM

Kerry/democrats=OWNED

SouthernGent on November 1, 2006 at 2:18 PM

Hehe, that pic is priceless and looks real to me.

Benaiah on November 1, 2006 at 2:24 PM

Judging from the red bull insignia hanging on the conex behind the soldiers, this might be part of the 1/34 Brigad Combat Team of the Minnesota National Guard. Which is deployed in Iraq.

CourtZero on November 1, 2006 at 2:24 PM

Beautiful! Send this to everyone you know!

Make sure they vote Tuesday.

We need to get our base on the move if we’re going to keep America strong. Huge losses on Tuesday could mean huge losses for the American way of life.

RightWired on November 1, 2006 at 2:24 PM

Brigade, not Brigad. Sorry.

CourtZero on November 1, 2006 at 2:25 PM

That’s awesome!

Iblis on November 1, 2006 at 2:25 PM

It’s fake. It has to be. Only SMART, EDUCATED people could come up with something so good.

moc23 on November 1, 2006 at 2:29 PM

Real as hell, all the way down to the paint mistakes and footsteps. LOVE IT !

WE HAVE THE BEST TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love ‘em.

shooter on November 1, 2006 at 2:30 PM

JF’nKerry should resign immediately.

It’s the honorable and right thing to do.

techno_barbarian on November 1, 2006 at 2:33 PM

Sweet!

Kerry comes across as the fool he is; So educated and nuanced, yet so inept at communicating that he can’t even “tell a joke” without botching it. Who’s the stupid one now?

His decision to come out swinging yesterday demonstrated such bad judgment.

Those guys in Irak are terrific.

smitgx1 on November 1, 2006 at 2:35 PM

It’s the honorable and right thing to do.

techno_barbarian on November 1, 2006 at 2:33 PM

Then what makes you think he’d do it? ZING!

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 2:36 PM

I just checked with the Pentagon, and a guy in G2 says that unit definitely IS in IRAQ right now.

E5infantry on November 1, 2006 at 2:36 PM

Pure Ownage

V15J on November 1, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Where do we get such men and women?

The picture says it all. The fact that it’s on Drudge means that the media establishment and the political left in DC is aware of it, too. And if they have any doubt as to what the men and women serving think about Kerry’s so-called “joke”, that is clearly dispelled

There will, no doubt, be some serious huffing and puffing and harrumphing from certain Democrats (as well as the nutroots) who might seek retribution against these people for Lèse Majesty. Please don’t make it easier to id who they are.

There is another story that also made my day.

On Drudge today, there is a story about the Democratic Party operative and assclown dirty trickster who broke the court’s seal on Bush’s drunken driving conviction just before the 2000 election.

The aforementioned assclown was arrested for “criminal threatening” yesterday for waving a toy gun at traffic while dressed up as Osama bin Laden.

georgej on November 1, 2006 at 2:38 PM

E5infantry on November 1, 2006 at 2:36 PM

Sweet!

E L Frederick on November 1, 2006 at 2:39 PM

Wait for the Main Stream Media Spin from CNN and MSNBC

“Not only did Bush insult Kerry, now the troops insulted Kerry as well. Kerry demands an apology from both.”

BobK on November 1, 2006 at 2:43 PM

The lists of Democrats demanding that Kerry apologize is growing and now includes McCaskill and Ford.

Apparently, McCaskill and Ford, being in close races, don’t want to catch Kerry’s leprosy. That makes the hypocrites as well as cowards.

georgej on November 1, 2006 at 2:46 PM

Damn, I was hoping it was the not-so-smart, uneducated Virgians’ National Guard!

JoeFunk on November 1, 2006 at 2:47 PM

I zoomed the picture as large as possible without losing resolution. The best I can figure is left to right,
Specialist, Master Sergeant or Sergeant Major, Major, Sergeant First Class, ?, PFC?, LT or Warrant Officer, ?. I would venture a Battalion or Brigade S shop.

usarmyretired on November 1, 2006 at 2:49 PM

Awesome! :)

Bearhopi on November 1, 2006 at 2:49 PM

That sure looks real to me, and I’ve used PhotoShop for about 10 years.

High Desert Wanderer on November 1, 2006 at 2:49 PM

For all you JAG types, what does insulting or denigrating a Senator get a soldier charged with? I know mil-types can’t insult the CinC, but do Senators and Reps get the same type of “protection” from the troops? And boy does Kerry need it. First they skin jfk (he doesn’t deserve caps) alive, wrap him in wet canvas, put in sun and enjoy….

ScottG on November 1, 2006 at 2:49 PM

Obviously the men and women in “Irak” and Ahfhghahanhishtan have a lot going on, but how great would it be to see dozens of similar things being sent back from a number of units?

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 2:50 PM

Based on Kerry’s logic, those soldiers can now use the mentally retarded defense if charged.

MRegine on November 1, 2006 at 2:53 PM

Brilliant!!

x95b10 on November 1, 2006 at 2:55 PM

From the Imus appearance this morning, approx. 6:40 in…

… the quotable Kerry:

“John McCain says we oughta send another hundred thousand troops over there. First of all, we don’t have another hundred thousand troops. Secondly, uh, if you send them over there, uh, it’s going to do exactly what’s already happenned, which is attract more terrorists, more jihadists.

“Our own generals are telling us that it’s the numbers of troops that are the problem and the fact is that that’s what’s adding to the number of terrorists in the world.”

I see, so it’s the U.S. military that is the problem. There are simply too many of them. And this creates terrorists and jihadists.

Christoph on November 1, 2006 at 2:56 PM

They did not insult John F’n Kerry. They asked Jon Carry for help. (whoever he is).

F15Mech on November 1, 2006 at 2:56 PM

This picture is was posted at Kerry’s website – right under Olbermann’s rant and Carville’s statement

Rick on November 1, 2006 at 2:57 PM

Where are all of our left-wing commenters today in support of John F-in Kerry?

Note to Kerry: our troops heard the exact comments that you made. They took it personally. They are responding. It was NOT the White House / Republican spin that made them pissed.

-FFOG

Fogpig on November 1, 2006 at 2:58 PM

Looks like one of the originating US sources (where the pic is hosted), is News Talk Radio 620AM WTMJ out of Milwaukee(server is now being so hammered it’s not responding)

Here is the FR link The poser if from Wisconsin.

The pic is:

so, Minnesota is the right neighborhood of the apparent origination.

TheBigOldDog on November 1, 2006 at 2:58 PM

It will be interesting to see if the Chain of Command finds this as amusing as we do.

I think you’re lookin’ at ‘em!

JM Hanes on November 1, 2006 at 3:03 PM

Where are all of our left-wing commenters today in support of John F-in Kerry?

-FFOG

Fogpig on November 1, 2006 at 2:58 PM

No kidding! Where are honora and GregH today?

Of course, in one sense, they can hardly be blamed – I wouldn’t want to have to defend something like this either.

thirteen28 on November 1, 2006 at 3:04 PM

I see no insult, its just a joke. I’m sure a master comedian like Kerry can tell the difference. Oh, and that a ASV on the left a M1114 Uparmored Humvee in the middle and a third Humvee with the armor add on kit on the right. The AC units on the M1114 come standard.

BohicaTwentyTwo on November 1, 2006 at 3:05 PM

Rick on November 1, 2006 at 2:57 PM

You’ve got to be shitting me… Are you serious Rick? I don’t expect you to have an answer to this, just a general question, but why the hell would they have put the photo on Kerry’s site? Had to be a hacked or something. Either that or whoever runs his site is pretty effing stupid themselves.

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 3:06 PM

ScottG on November 1, 2006 at 2:49 PM

I’m no JAG, but if my memory serves me right, and the “offended” party is outside of the chain of command, it’s fair game as far as the “disrespect” clauses go (in the purest technical interpretation). Given the very brutal and very public nature of this particular pwnning, an overzealous commander might try to pull some funny Article 92 type shit.

Kid from Brooklyn on November 1, 2006 at 3:14 PM

That is just too good. Made my day!

vcferlita on November 1, 2006 at 3:14 PM

So, no October Surprise, but a self-inflicted November Nuke. Oh, joy!

Kid from Brooklyn on November 1, 2006 at 3:15 PM

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 3:06 PM

A commenter posted it, and in the process of my attempting to link to it, it was removed. If you notice, the comments on that link start off with people criticizing someone.

Rick on November 1, 2006 at 3:20 PM

I’d imagine that the MAJ in the picture figures his shoulders are broad enough to protect his soldiers from any shitstorm that comes down. Hopefully he’s right, but considering the fact that this bunch just made the entire U.S. military, not to mention half the electorate, say “F*CK YEAH!”, any retribution that was more than a slap on the wrist would be detrimental to morale worldwide. I can’t imagine anybody going after them that hard for standing up for their own–that would be an almost Kerryesquely tone-deaf move. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen, but I sure as hell hope not.

ReubenJCogburn on November 1, 2006 at 3:20 PM

Just Brilliant!

Duty, Honor, Country, Slam Kerry.

HOOOAH!

fogw on November 1, 2006 at 3:21 PM

(For the record, not a JAG either.)

ReubenJCogburn on November 1, 2006 at 3:21 PM

Rick on November 1, 2006 at 3:20 PM

Oh, gotcha… So someone was actually able to embed the image in their comments at Kerry’s site? That’s fricken great!

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 3:28 PM

How is CNN going to handle this?

…Paula Zahn and some other talking head on CNN yesterday, one of ‘em, referred to the problem with the question “How are *we* going to handle this?”…notice…first person plural. They supposedly issued some sort of a “slip of the tongue” statement later.

…Freud is working overtime this week….

Puritan1648 on November 1, 2006 at 3:31 PM

stupid comment by kerry, but the fact that you guys are going ape shit over it is kind of a sad sign of the state your party is in haha

the irony in this is that there is a grain of truth in Kerry’s statement, although he said it completely wrong …many of those serving in the military do so because they are in a difficult situation economically, and they need to go there in order to get a college education. It doesn’t mean they arent smart by any means, it just means they’re thrown into Iraq because they have no other option. How many people see the disaster that is the Iraq war, a war that many on both sides have deemed a mistake…and then sign up for it? Is it patriotic to support a mistake?

crr6 on November 1, 2006 at 3:31 PM

Got to love those troops!!
Just hope nobody has to stand on the carpet
for this.

kingrhino on November 1, 2006 at 3:32 PM

I’m not a JAG, but I am 100% certain that congressmen are covered under people the military aren’t allowed to disrespect.

It’s not just the chain of command, but high ranking government officials.

Now keep in mind I have no idea at all if this would fall under the concept of “disrespect.”

You really would need a JAG type for that.

EFG on November 1, 2006 at 3:34 PM

Damn, you can use HTML and I commented on Kerry’s site with the image in my post, and even saw it in the preview, however comments are being held for review

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 3:34 PM

RightWinged on November 1, 2006 at 3:34 PM

Thanks for the effort, anyway.

ReubenJCogburn on November 1, 2006 at 3:37 PM

Hey! I resemble that remark.

E5infantry on November 1, 2006 at 3:37 PM