Video: Mary Katharine Ham slams John Kerry on Fox

posted at 5:42 pm on October 31, 2006 by Allahpundit

Three things that are always on television somewhere in the world: Gilligan’s Island, the Brady Bunch, and Mary K.

We’re going to have to up our monthly bandwidth allotment to keep up with her.

A day after her guest shot on Larry King, she turned up on Cavuto to talk about how Lurch was an asswipe before he was a moron. And if that’s not enough, there’s a new HamNation for your viewing pleasure. The topic is feminism and speaking truth to power, but you won’t see this in any Democratic campaign commercials. Click the image below to watch.

hamnation1031.jpg

Comments

I’m trying to imagine what she looks like under that burqa. Is that wrong?

Barntender on October 31, 2006 at 5:56 PM

“its a reflection of what we’ve come to expect from democrats, which is at best an unseriousness about national security and at worst it seems maybe a contempt for those who provide it for us.” GREAT JOB MKH! Anytime you want to meet and discuss Mark Steyn’s book let me know. Thanks MM for your introduction to MKH.

infidel on October 31, 2006 at 5:58 PM

Another “slapdown” by a strong conservative woman. fantastic!

Ancienthistory on October 31, 2006 at 5:59 PM

Way to go MKH. Don’t forget the little people now that you are a star.

mesablue on October 31, 2006 at 6:02 PM

And all along we were waiting for Karl Rove to spring the October surprise. The biggest surprise of all is that it was Kerry all the time!

Mallard T. Drake on October 31, 2006 at 6:06 PM

Is it just me? or do these ladies get more beautiful every time they show their smarts?

conservativecaveman on October 31, 2006 at 6:07 PM

Asses kicked? Check.

Names taken? Check.

Another great performance by MKH. Biased as I may be, it was certainly evident to me who had more confidence in their position between MKH and Margie whatever, especially when the latter had to resort to the lame “botched joke or botched policy” defense.

thirteen28 on October 31, 2006 at 6:09 PM

Just watched this and the latest HamNation.

What could be hotter than beauty, brains, and oodles (my apologies for the elementary school vernacular) of personality…? Beauty, brains, and oodles of personality accompanied by brilliant conservative logic.

urbancenturion on October 31, 2006 at 6:15 PM

She’s rocketing to the top of the charts.. better watch out Michelle this ones gonna give you a run..

Great job MKH!!

Viper1 on October 31, 2006 at 6:22 PM

So when is MKH going to throw her hat into the ring for the ’08 presidential? She’s already got my vote.

Hack Ptui on October 31, 2006 at 6:27 PM

Mary Katharine….. a quote to keep in your pocket and pull out when appropriate: “Excuse for speaking while you were interrupting, …..”

And dammit why do they keep calling you Mary?!?!?

HerrMorgenholz on October 31, 2006 at 6:50 PM

A CONDI / HAMSTER ticket in ’08 !! Seconds???

seejanemom on October 31, 2006 at 7:13 PM

Another fox on Fox. Good job, MK.

Ali-Bubba on October 31, 2006 at 7:43 PM

SouthernGent on October 31, 2006 at 8:13 PM

I have to say that MKH is fast becoming my favorite of the Vent women. Intelligent, conservative, great sense of humor, and gorgeous. Yep, I think I’ll make it official. She’s my favorite.

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 8:39 PM

How can you not love Mary Katharine?

Good job MK!

Theworldisnotenough on October 31, 2006 at 8:39 PM

You guys are killing me. My wife catches me reading Hot Air, and I tell her it is for the political insight and to keep up with the latest goings-on in the US and the world (which is absolutely true). Then y’all put up pictures of MKH, MM, KP and the others, and I am called on the carpet.

I love my wife deeply, and this is becoming troublesome. Even worse is that she thinks I only watch O’Reilly when KP and MM are featured. Not true.

That being said, I must again voice my agreement with what I’m hearing from them. Has anyone come up with a catchy epithet for Kerry along the “Olber-douche” line? Or is Kerry surpassing our meager abilities by single-handedly making his very name an epithet in and of itself?

SailorDave on October 31, 2006 at 8:40 PM

I have only 1 thing to say:

Troops in survey back Bush 4-to-1 over Kerry

Read and weep Dems.

Dawnsblood on October 31, 2006 at 8:44 PM

I suddenly am attracted to oversized hats~

SaidinUnleashed on October 31, 2006 at 9:00 PM

Condescension, anyone? My head is still swimming from the spin! Great job on Mary Katharine’s part, she hit all the wickets and her opponent was left with the usual snide, condescending comments about the lost Republicans who are too dumb to understand the implications. Well, I was dumb enough to end up in Iraq so who knows? Still, I can think of about 175,000 other dolts I’d rather have at my back than all the over-educated half-wits who never tire of telling me how stupid I really am.

Militant Bibliophile on October 31, 2006 at 9:13 PM

You guys are killing me. My wife catches me reading Hot Air …

I know what you mean: “No, honey, it’s about the politics!”

Ali-Bubba on October 31, 2006 at 9:38 PM

Hey MKH can’t run for Prez, she probably needs to wait another 20+ years ;) Haven’t you guys read the constitution :P

StuLongIsland on October 31, 2006 at 9:50 PM

So this moonbat across from the lovely MKH says “it went like this …Kerry meant to say that if you dont do well in school you’ll end up as President of the United States, and then do something stupid like getting us stuck in Iraq. But it was a JOKE on President Bush.

I see now, How could I have ever seen it any other way? Its so obvious. Stupid me, I thought Kerry’s absolute history of dissin’ the military and his REAL WORDS were what he said…
I do need another education, a degree in BULLSH*T, from MassU

shooter on October 31, 2006 at 9:54 PM

Who is going to keep tabs and count all the differing lines of B.S. and ‘jokes’ Kerry “meant” to say.
1) Mindless pawns in Bush’s Civil war.(kerry himself)
2) Become president then get stuck in Iraq-see above vid

please help out here, there will be many

shooter on October 31, 2006 at 9:58 PM

Great job MKH. The Dems have no position on the war; only criticism. And contrary to the Democratic strategist, Americans know this was not a “joke” but a sad commentary on the Democratic position overall regarding our military forces and the war on terror.

thedecider on October 31, 2006 at 9:58 PM

I am sure Senator Kerry has a vast collection of books on French philosopers, but he would be better served by reading a bit from America’s great philospher, Mark Twain. Especially useful to him would be the following bit of advice from Mr. Twain.

“It is better to reamin silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

oldscouter on October 31, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Would it be too out of line to admit I might I might have a crush?

infidel on October 31, 2006 at 10:24 PM

Would it be too out of line to admit I might I might have a crush?

Get in line!

Hoodlumman on October 31, 2006 at 11:04 PM

Somebody must somewhere have made this point before, but:

If, I as a (former) military man am stupid for being insulted since “he was actually joking about the President”, then does that mean that everyone who cries Raaaaaacist!!! is stupid since they got offended though there wasn’t any Raaaaaacist!!! intent?

urbancenturion on October 31, 2006 at 11:17 PM

MKH is taking the media by storm. Poise, confidence, composure: she’s unflappable when paired with more seasoned opponents–what more could we ask for? Simply airing the fact that the dems have nothing on their agenda but defeatism is enough to win the day (or segment–whatever it is when sparing on prime time) IMO…

chronicon on October 31, 2006 at 11:22 PM

Mallard T. Drake on October 31, 2006 at 6:06 PM

It’s kind of like how I play pool; knock the balls around a bit and let the other guy scratch on the 8-ball.

P.S. A Kerry style joke for ya. “Two guys die in a car wreck.” Get it?

MirCat on November 1, 2006 at 12:42 AM

Volunteer to get out the Vote!!!!

sonnyspats1 on November 1, 2006 at 2:27 AM

Funniest thing was watching a member of the blame-Bush party trying to point out that Kerry wasn’t up for reelection. Of course, last time I checked neither was Bush.

n2sooners on November 1, 2006 at 2:31 AM

SouthernGent wrote: “I’m still waiting for a democrat to come out and repudiate these comments. Instead, they try to blame Bush and/or Republican desperation. Priceless.”

They won’t.

They will continue to try to spin this incident into a Bush-hate rant.

Democrats appear to be working themselves into a rage (beyond what they normally show) especially for the election. Look for violence if they fail to capture either of the two Houses of Congress.

georgej on November 1, 2006 at 4:05 AM

WooHoo, Mary Katharine!

Excellent vidcast and a very, very cool hat!

Jack.

Jack Deth on November 1, 2006 at 5:33 AM

Got kind of ticked off when Margie kept cutting off MKH with interruptions.

This is how they debate. Try to fix it so no one else’s point gets heard.
Beeyotch.

lauraw on November 1, 2006 at 9:51 AM

Girl comment here-MKH, I loved your make-up on the Fox clip, very nice.

/taking a breather from political commentary

WriterMom on November 1, 2006 at 9:55 AM

Thank you for being a voice of reason, MKH!

I just wanted to say that on male conservative blogs, you don’t see a bunch of women posting that the man is hot…. well not that I know of anyway. These women are soldiers on the political front and don’t you forget it!!!

Catroast on November 1, 2006 at 10:07 AM

WriterMom – I agree with you. Whoever did MKH’s makeup for that appearance did a great job. I’m sure it helped that they had so much to work with but they really captured her good looks.

Can’t comment on the latest HamNation because the work firewall blocks access, unfortunately.

KCSteve on November 1, 2006 at 10:16 AM

She needs some diction lessons . . . and don’t talk so fast.

Labamigo on November 1, 2006 at 10:34 AM

Catroast-I have seen lots of women posters drooling on line about Steyn, VDH, Rummy, never mind when there photos of Marines, IDF soldiers, etc…

WriterMom on November 1, 2006 at 11:07 AM

Way to go MKH!!

Rick on November 1, 2006 at 12:21 PM

the Democrat’s line of “uhh…we’ve got nothin’” is not a plan

*Sigh*