Video: Kerry refuses to apologize for insulting American troops

posted at 3:21 pm on October 31, 2006 by Ian

Sen. John Kerry held a press conference moments ago to address a controversial remark he made implying those who are uneducated serve in the military and get stuck in Iraq. Kerry made it “crystal clear” that he apologizes to no one, adding his remarks were a “botched joke” about the President, not the troops.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Oh good grief. Well at least now I know how Michelle feels after she got attacked for not drinking the kool-aid and calling things like she saw them.

Ok, a very short (posting) history lesson for you idiots -

My post -

“And the sad part is that a) most leftists won’t make it passed the first 2 minutes of this program and b) they still won’t change their minds even if they do.”

My post -

“Showing that video was a disgusting ploy for ratings and was done in hopes that it would further hurt Republican candidates as the election nears.

CNN is garbage.”

My post -

“Once again our courts astound me. Here’s where I wish there was a emote on this site showing a head banging into a desktop because that’s me right now.”

I feel that’s enough to make my case but you can look back and find more if you wish. I’ll vote for Republicans if true conservatives ever take the party back. If not, not. You are free to do as you wish.

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 5:56 PM

Well go back and take a look at your post, Benny boy, because you certainly did a lot of disparaging of conservatives yourself. Care to address your characterizing of Rush listeners/supporters as Kool-Aid drinkers?

Regardless of your past posting history, what you wrote on this thread was as condescending towards conservatives and Republicans as was Kerry’s comments about the troops.

thirteen28 on October 31, 2006 at 6:19 PM

Are Democratic operatives and the MSM in bed together, or what?

januarius on October 31, 2006 at 5:28 PM

Does the sun rise in the East?

Entelechy on October 31, 2006 at 6:20 PM

Do you know what I like about Hot Air Posts? When someone makes a spelling error (or grammatical), no one blasts them for the simple error. We listen (read) what is written and understand the content, small errors are overlooked. We look at the content, not the container. Kerry is not sending us to Iraq. We am two smarte.
Just an observation.

right2bright on October 31, 2006 at 6:21 PM

John Kerry = Strawman “If I only had a brain”…

…as a Scarecrow-American, I would like to go on record against this racist and exploitative comparison…as an inanimate agricultural security consultant, I would like to protest the comparison of my people and Sen. Kerry. It’s just icky.

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 6:21 PM

…blah-blah-blah…usual Leftist talking point and hyperbole, comparing the Bush Administration with the 39th circle of Hell
Grebrook on October 31, 2006 at 3:57 PM

…yeah…troll….

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 6:22 PM

i think spell-checking in liew of debate is depricated netwide.

jummy on October 31, 2006 at 6:23 PM

As a retired Army MSG, I neither want, desire or accept any apology from this POS.
De Opresso Liber

There’s no reason that you should….

>*COIN*

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 6:26 PM

Kerry spent 4 months in Vietnam, I spent a year in Afghanistan, and 3 months in Iraq… but I’m the “chickenhawk”.

…yeah…but you have to understand…he’s very *tall*…one of his months equal 3 for any normal peasant…it’s sort of like dog years…

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 6:32 PM

Heh, I’m a christian conservative. I’m so conservative that I won’t vote for Republicans because they are no longer conservative. What I also am not is a Limbaugh listening kool-aid drinker. I like to make rational informed opinions based on what I see and hear not what Rush sees and hears.

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 5:22 PM

I’m far more conservative than most of the politicos, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to sit back, not vote, and let the liberals run this country!

conservativecaveman on October 31, 2006 at 6:34 PM

If it was a botched joke, why didn’t he retell it correctly with a drummer at the ready with a rimshot. What a freaking dipstick he is.

I had the pleasure of watching his non-apology while in the waiting room of the doctor’s office…my blood pressure went up and down from anger and laughter all rolled into one.

jeannedb on October 31, 2006 at 6:36 PM

“Husband? Chicago.”

…sorry folks…botched joke….

…and I’m still laughin’….

…Godfrey Daniels! I crack myself up sometimes….

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 6:38 PM

Kerry caused an entire generation of soldiers to be “dishonored” when HE WENT IN FRONT OF THE SENATE and painted them as war criminals.

In the mid 1970′s, he told the world that our comic books and movies causes generations of boys to grow up as trigger happy blood thirsty soldiers who want to dominate the world.

He told the world we were imperialists who wanted to spread our will around the world. He said our soldiers were guilty of WAR CRIMES on a daily basis, our soldiers were sadistic murderers, rapers, or worse.

He was everywhere, making his Anti-America and Anti-Military Statements in the Senate and in Paris. His words, his language set the tone for anti-Americanism.

The WORLD, especially the MUSLIM WORLD, decided to take some bold actions against the evil United States of America.

There’s no doubt in my mind that Kerry’s reckless statements incited and emboldened Iran to take our embassey workers hostage in 1979 and then hold 40 of them for a year and a half..

I believe he’s statements influenced the many attacks “terrorist” attacks that started occuring at foreign embassies against America in the early 1980′s.

Yes, John Kerry’s statements may well have been a major part in the genesis of the world-wide hate against America.

And don’t forget, his statements were directly responsible for our Vietnam POWs to be brutely tortured and killed, and Jane Fonda helped him.

And don’t forget, he threw his war medals over the fence onto the White House lawn (with cameras rolling).

Yet he still insists he’s for the troops and that it’s BUSH’s who is hurting the military…

flagwaver on October 31, 2006 at 6:39 PM

Its all about the botox
paid with hollywood elite money

…that’s *BOTOX* up there? That explains quite a bit, then….

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 6:41 PM

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 6:32 PM

Kinda like the glorious leaders of the Irkin Empire.

//Invader Zim reference, for those in Rio Linda

techno_barbarian on October 31, 2006 at 6:42 PM

thirteen28

I didn’t say anything about kool-aid in this thread until I was referred to as a “liberal sock puppet”.

Yes, I will address my characterizing of Rush listeners/supporters as kool-aid drinkers. If you believe everything he says without question, it’s true that you are a kool-aid drinker. There, it’s been addressed.

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 7:07 PM

What a lovely Halloween gift from the looney left. Gee..Halloween isn’t that like a major religious holiday for the libs or something?
Something my Momma once said that her Momma before her said which is so appropos here: “Open your mouth and remove all doubt”. There is absolutely no doubt in the universe that John Kerry is a self-righteous snob.

From the Heartland of Ohio.

PhoebeMoses on October 31, 2006 at 7:07 PM

I am in a position to go to the best international business school in the nation, but I am about to head to boot camp (If I get a DQ Waiver), does that make me stupid?

Tim Burton on October 31, 2006 at 7:27 PM

If there are any members of the military reading this, please know that even if Kerry won’t apologize, we will: We’re sorry as hell that Kerry made this cretinously stupid remark!
We know you ladies and gentlemen are plenty smart and plenty brave, just like our Commander-in-Chief said!
We love, support and pray for you every day and we’re so grateful for the sacrifice you’ve made to fight for our country’s security, safety and freedom!
God bless you all and may He continue to bless America (even though we have some morons like JF’nK)!

Jen the Neocon on October 31, 2006 at 7:32 PM

Benaiah, I’m a loyal Rush listener, but I’m no kool-aid drinker, nor is Rush a kool-aid dispenser.
We read about, research and fact-check pretty much everything!
If you don’t think that Rush says that something’s true without making dang sure that it is, you haven’t listened to his show or visited his web site.
You’re the one who’s the Kool-Aid drinker of the Liberal Left to repeat the mantra that Rush’s 20-30 million listeners are “kool-aid drinking morons.”
This is just one off from what Kerry said about the military!
I’m sick to death of East Coast intellectuals telling me how stupid I am to support Bush–I have not one, but 2 Master’s degrees, thank you!

Jen the Neocon on October 31, 2006 at 7:38 PM

Can this guy go any further over the edge?

WisCon on October 31, 2006 at 7:39 PM

Mr. Self Proclaimed War Hero Kerry is nothing but a low-rent, side-winding sack of excrement. And those are his positive attributes.

Zorro on October 31, 2006 at 7:44 PM

Some joke. What an ass.

shaken on October 31, 2006 at 7:49 PM

E.L. Fredrick, thank you for your service, thank you for helping to take down the Taliban and Saddam and liberating the people of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Thank you for drawing the terrorists into Afghanistan and Iraq to kill them there so they’d be too busy or too dead to come here and try to kill my wife and soon-to-be-born daughter.

Thank you to all the vets of this conflict for making America safe to raise my family.

Tony737 on October 31, 2006 at 8:05 PM

Head over to the military blogs; there’s an interservice fund raising rivalry for the wounded. Talk is cheap; we got to do be there for them with our $.

dhimwit on October 31, 2006 at 8:13 PM

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 7:07 PM

Oh, so it’s my fault now. And you pretty much repeat your condescension from above.

Like I said before, a very Kerry-esque response from you.

thirteen28 on October 31, 2006 at 8:16 PM

dhimwit, you can also send coffee to the troops at BocaJava.com and books to the troops at Books-a-Million.com.
There’s Operation Gratitude, Operation Air Conditioner, Treats for Troops and the U.S.O., too.
There are lots of ways we can let our brilliant troops know how much we love and support them and I hope we’ll use all of them for the upcoming holidays to express our gratitude and support!

Jen the Neocon on October 31, 2006 at 8:18 PM

We read about, research and fact-check pretty much everything!

Jen the Neocon

Then you aren’t who I’m referring to.

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 8:24 PM

Like I said before, a very Kerry-esque response from you.

thirteen28

Yep, it’s your fault. Seeing as how I just questioned what Kerry actually meant by the quote since we didn’t have a transcript and you somehow thought that made me a “liberal sock puppet”. You are exactly who I was referring to when I made the reference to kool-aid drinker.

If simply questioning the story to try and get all the facts is enough to warrant labeling me a liberal to you then there’s really nothing more to say.

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 8:30 PM

And by the way, HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYBODY! Be safe!

Don’t look at me like that. I’m sincere.

Constantine on October 31, 2006 at 8:33 PM

And by the way, HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYBODY! Be safe!

Don’t look at me like that. I’m sincere.

Constantine on October 31, 2006 at 8:33 PM

Back ‘atcha :)

Ugly on October 31, 2006 at 8:47 PM

I went twice. Does that mean I’m twice as stupid? Or that, God forbid, my friends who are going back for three and four are twice as stupid as me? He sure must think so if he thinks I’m buying that claptrap. Jackass! If that man was considering another run at the top spot, he can forget it! Regardless of how we feel about the war, no veteran will EVER vote for him after that. If you bugger up, Johnny boy, there’s no harm in apologizing to the rough men who stand ready to do violence on your behalf. And to think, he aspires to LEAD us!

Militant Bibliophile on October 31, 2006 at 8:52 PM

You were and you weren’t, Benaiah–You were trying to lump me into a group called “All Rush listeners/Conservative Kool-Aid drinkers.”
So yes, you were talking to me because you’re critically understimating the intellectual and factual level of Rush’s programs and the degree of credibility and credulity of his listeners, too.
It’s obvious that you’ve never listened to 5 minutes of Rush.

“Questioning the story to try and get all the facts” is Lib speak for “We can’t handle the truth.”
Kerry outed you all today for the military-loathing, Bush-despising, America-hating Liberal Leftists that you are and you’re shocked to be so busted, so you pretend you don’t know what Kerry really said or try to spin it so that it’ll play better in Peoria.
Not. going. to. happen.
The masks came off on Halloween–we can see plainly who and what you are, so time to stop giving good folks like thirteen28 the business for stating the obvious.

Jen the Neocon on October 31, 2006 at 8:54 PM

Typical Dimocrat stepping on his weenie. I am unfortunate enough to have been born and raised in the People’s Republic of Taxachusetts. I am always ashamed to admit when I’m from.

I am constantly amazed that the demented voters in this state constantly re-elect the two moonbats.

NH is looking better and better all the time.

Mooseman

Mooseman on October 31, 2006 at 9:41 PM

I think I have made the first observation that on the main YouTube video of this thing, it took 7 hours for the first person to say that Kerry meant Bush.

VinceP1974 on October 31, 2006 at 9:45 PM

Jen the Neocon

This is getting truly pathetic and desperate.

Take a deep breath and attempt a minute of rational thought.

I never said ALL RUSH LISTENERS. Not once. I made it clear who I was referring to were those that listened to Rush and believed what he said without question. If you listen to what any person tells you, don’t bother to fact check it, and take it as gospel, you’re a kool-aid drinker. Both sides have them.

You already said you fact check what Rush says. Obviously I’m not referring to you then.

Now just to make it clear. I am a conservative christian. I’m a member of a Southern Baptist church. I was saved 10 years ago. I have been a conservative for many years. I have never voted for either main party though and probably never will. This is because I actually expect the “conservative” party to be conservative and the “moral majority” to have morals.

I’m pro-life, pro-Fair Tax, pro-military and pro-victory in Iraq/Ashcanistan. I’m anti-big government, anti-social security, anti-welfare state, anti-illegal immigration, anti-gun control, and anti-gay marriage.

How am I a liberal?

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 9:51 PM

So…he said it before he decided he didn’t. Sounds like Kerry.

thedecider on October 31, 2006 at 9:53 PM

I forgot to add that my name here is even from the Bible. Benaiah was one of David’s mighty men.

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 9:53 PM

OK, Benaiah, I apologize if I thought you were a Lib, because you’re obviously not and I, too, am a Christian saved by Grace.
If you’re for all the things you listed and against all the other things you listed, you would definitely get a lot out of listening to Rush.
Hope he’s on a station in your town or if not, you can become a Rush 24/7 member and get it on podcasts!
Great stuff.

Jen the Neocon on October 31, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Jen the Neocon

I’m more of a sports talk radio guy these days. I used to listen to Boortz quite a bit as I’m in Atlanta where he is based but he became too anti-christian for my taste.

I also like listening to Dave Ramsey and Laura Ingraham on occasion though Ramsey isn’t political.

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 10:15 PM

Well Beniah, if all of that is true, then I will sac up and admit I was wrong to refer to you as a liberal sock puppet. My apologies.

That being said, I still disagree strongly with your position on this issue, as it is pretty clear to almost everybody but you and some liberals that Kerry did indeed disparage the troops and dug himself even deeper into a hole with a response that showed a complete lack of contrition or humility, and using an excuse that was so pathetically lame that it was beyond credibility.

And as far as Rush goes, I wish I had time to listen to him everyday, because the kool-aid just doesn’t have the same effect drinking it from his website. More’s the pity for me.

thirteen28 on October 31, 2006 at 10:16 PM

How am I a liberal?

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 9:51 PM

I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that Benaiah is a liberal pretending to a conservative, judging by his responses above. First, he is too stereotypical, the liberal stereotype of what they think is a conservative. Second, notice how he spells “Afghanistan,” as if a liberal were trying to show that conservatives are stupid.

Finally, as others have mentioned, Benaiah has typically liberal answers and phrases every so often. A liberal may try to hide, but their liberal tendencies will show up. For example, can you imagine a Southern Baptist not capitalizing “Christian?”

He is trying the age-old trick of being a conservative, who is so upset was Republicans and Democrats, he just won’t vote. . .and won’t we join him in order to suppress conservative turnout?

Nice try.

januarius on October 31, 2006 at 10:20 PM

What a freaking retard! He meant the troops and dispite the schpeel he still does.

Joe on October 31, 2006 at 10:20 PM

I am sure Senator Kerry has a vast collection of books on French philosopers, but he would be better served by reading a bit from America’s great philospher, Mark Twain. Especially useful to him would be the following bit of advice from Mr. Twain.

“It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

oldscouter on October 31, 2006 at 10:35 PM

Nice try.

januarius

I think any christian should ask themselves why they are going out to vote for a party that is run by people that hate them. Now if they decide for themselves that it’s more important to keep Democrats out of office, that’s their choice and I respect it. For me, I just can’t make myself do it even though it may result in a Democrat victory. I figure if it does it will only be a few years of suffering and the Republicans hopefully will have gotten the message to come back to their roots. Keep in mind though that I’ve never voted for either main party as I said earlier. Thus losing my vote doesn’t really mean anything to the Republicans.

Also I use a little “c” for christian as a personal choice since christian means “little Christ”. It just seemed right for me to do so and I’ve done it for years.

Ashcanistan is a spelling I picked up on from reading conservative web sites.

Anyway, if you aren’t convinced by now then there’s nothing I can say to change your mind and I have other things to do rather than beat this horse to death.

Benaiah on October 31, 2006 at 10:42 PM

Someone else wrote this speech for Kerry. After being considered a wimp for not fighting back against the truth told by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, Kerry has decided to be a “tough guy” in (insane) hope of being re-nominated by the Demoncrats (spelling intentional) in 2008. However, I don’t believe that he has the grey matter to write this speach…it is pure Kosack material, and he must have some of them on his staff as speech writers. It’s no wonder the Kosacks are “orgasming over this performance.” This is part and parcel of how they think, and represents the losing mentality of the “mainstream” Demoncrat party.

ITookTheRedPill on October 31, 2006 at 10:45 PM

I just want Mr. Kerry to know–prior to his unconscionable statement on the educational status of our men & women currently serving in the military–I was going to sit out this election. Voting for either party seemed distasteful to me as neither has represented my views on many (or any) issues for quite some time, but now?

Well, I think I will go to my local polling center and throw the Replublican lever all the way–simply out of spite…

>:-P~~

chronicon on October 31, 2006 at 10:57 PM

Benaiah says …

I have never voted for either main party though and probably never will.

So, that would mean you’ve wasted every vote you’ve ever made. What a waste of time. Why bother?

It’s not going to work. Maybe this sort of sock puppetry actually works on stock market message boards, but not with conservative voters. Conservatives are smart enough to figure out that if we vote for independents, or don’t vote … we in effect end up placing the far left into power.

That’s why I know you are not who you say you are. Only liberals are idiotic enough to vote for Nader thereby dooming their party for eternity. Good luck with that.

Go back to DU and tell them you failed.

Gregor on October 31, 2006 at 10:58 PM

something about the “kerry was obviously referring to bush” spin which needs to be slapped down hard is the “obviously” part.

progressives have been doing battle with the institution of an all volunteer military since mid 2003, branding it early on as a “poverty draft”.

the battle became formalized and physical with the so-called “counter-recruiting” movement and tactics developed by the afsc. this gave members of the media and pundits a means to newsify their agenda against our armed forces. when counter-recruiters were active, any seasonal dip in recruiting numbers were eagerly promoted through alarmist news items.

but two years of examination disproved the assertion that counter-recruiters presented any real effect on recruiting numbers. the media elites’ explaination for this phenomenon has been to reaffirrm their base conciet that the only type of person capable of military duty is stupid by issuing news items asserting that the military has lowered its recruiting standards.

a google search of “lowering” “recruiting” “standards” results in thousands of hits from both the mainstream and leftwing activist media:

http://www.slate.com/id/2127487/ (uses the term “dumbing down” to describe new recruits)
etc.

other terms may be as effective. the point is that the leftwing conciet that military servicemembers are charictarized by intellectual inferiority, and that it is the noble concern of decent people that the military is the leading predator of our nation’s stupid, is one which is profligate and comfortably shared amongst the left.

in stark contradiction of the notion that kerry “obviously” could not have meant the troops, it is in fact unlikely that he intended to convey otherwise. his message was not meant, to his thinking, with wanton malice. rather his intention was to spur his audience to moral action – to strengthen education as an alternative to the predatory appeals of military service.

of course, a shorter route to disproving kerry’s spin is to try to parse bush into kerry’s statement:

“education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you [may become a president who get's our country] stuck in Iraq.”

i mean, honestly.

jummy on October 31, 2006 at 11:03 PM

ITookTheRedPill on October 31, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Dead on perfect observation.

As I was watching that vile pos vehimenently NOT applogize to our Excellent Warriors, it sounded very kos… very du. He’s representing the far left blogosphere.

Good luck with that, lurch-boy.

techno_barbarian on October 31, 2006 at 11:36 PM

I’m sorry Old Yell’r. Paw says that it’s time to put you down.”

natesnake on October 31, 2006 at 4:44 PM
Classic movie and that was the “MONEY” scene Damn that was a good movie. ok ok you got me I cried . yeah ole John is gettin long in the tooth.

sonnyspats1 on November 1, 2006 at 12:15 AM

Great job, Senator! Don’t apologize for the stupidity that came out of your big mouth – just blame it on President Bush and the GOP, like you do everything else! It’s all their fault – you aren’t responsible for what you said! No matter how you try to spin it, plenty of folks whom you claim “are crazy” are either ripping you, distancing themselves from you, or refusing any comment whatsoever in response to your insulting remarks about U.S. troops. Nice work.

SpartRan on November 1, 2006 at 1:38 AM

Hairy Kerry moment…

No, no, no… that’s not it…

Hara-kiri’ moment… That’s right…

John, get your swing blade and go out back… You know what to do.

RalphyBoy on November 1, 2006 at 1:43 AM

He was for the joke, before he was against it.

Neo on November 1, 2006 at 2:10 AM

Volunteer to get out the vote!!!!

sonnyspats1 on November 1, 2006 at 2:23 AM

With only hours left to October the surprise comes gift wrapped and self inflicted
“Reporting for Duty!”

CanaryinaCoalMine on November 1, 2006 at 2:31 AM

Kerry is going to secure a Republican win! Please stay in front of the camera, Johnny. Please?

Kadnine on November 1, 2006 at 3:11 AM

Whoa,

The comments on this one are off the chain.

I searched the two posts each containing over 200 comments and only found one comment each from Gregh and Constantine with one of those comments being off topic altogether. Can’t even the libs here condemn what sKerry said?

I am actually saddened by Kerry’s comments. I was hoping to watch him take the fight, without hesitation this time, to the Swift Boat Vets in ’08. Too bad he didn’t swiftly apologize and try to move on(.org).

iNeXuS on November 1, 2006 at 4:35 AM

Kerry thinks…as Murtha…you can’t criticize them because they wore ‘the uniform’…

I wore the uniform…a decorated Vietnam Vet…and they are both a disgrace to the uniform…morons both…

The people of Ma and Pa that elect these nutsos are just like them…

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND GOD BLESS GW…

areseaoh on November 1, 2006 at 8:44 AM

Let’s assume for a moment that Kerry is telling the truth about botching a joke about our president. I don’t see how the hypocrisy of his latest statement is any better than the arrogance of his initial elitist humor.

I’ll prove my point by using Kerry’s own twisted logic. John Kerry had essentially the same GPA from Yale as did George W. Bush. As such, if Kerry is saying these things about Bush, he by association must be saying the same things about himself. Kerry voted for the war, after all, so he is effectively admitting that he would have gotten us stuck in Iraq, too!

What a dunce. I agree with Prof. Blather’s sentiment that we “need” him in the Senate so that his hypocrisy can be associated with his party so easily. Having him there is certainly convenient for advancement of our viewpoints. Bryan, I have to agree with you, though. At some point, principle has to take over convenience, and I think Kerry has crossed that point with his “jokes.” Kerry should resign, and I defy elected Democrats to show such principle by calling for his head. It’ll never happen, but a guy can dream.

flutejpl on November 1, 2006 at 11:09 AM

E L Frederick your a Hero! My nephew joined the Army Reserves. I imagine he will be going to the Middle East sometime in the next 5 years. He could have gone to College for free because of his grandma being a millionaire who would have paid but he decided to join up and have the Army pay for his ED. I have noticed responsibility and a sense of pride in him after his boot camp and intelligence training camp. Scored very well in his intelligence training exam. The Army is taking a boy and making a man!

Drtuddle on November 1, 2006 at 11:21 AM

Last I checked (and I understand that I might be wrong), Christian means “belonging to Christ”, but even if that’s wrong, it seems more appropriate seeing as Christians are supposed to together compose the “body” of Christ, not a bunch of seperate little Christs.

Besides, capitalizing Christian is just proper English grammar. Though feel free to do what you want.

Esthier on November 1, 2006 at 12:33 PM

A Republican tactic.

Blame the Republicans, a Democrat tactic.

JackM on November 1, 2006 at 2:38 PM