Rangel: Cheney’s a “son of a bitch,” might need rehab for his “personality deficit”

posted at 10:57 am on October 31, 2006 by Allahpundit

According to an interview with the New York Post, conducted after Cheney went on Fox and basically accused him of being too stupid to chair the Ways and Means Committee.

Last year Rangel said of Cheney, “I would like to believe he’s sick rather than just mean and evil” and wondered if he was sleeping on the job. To which Cheney replied that Rangel might be “losing it” in his dotage.

I don’t really have a comment here. I’m just enjoying this crap so much I felt obliged to share it.

One thing’s for sure: our new government’s going to work great together.

Exit question: Mary K caught Geraldine Ferraro referring in passing to Rangel’s “jive-talking” earlier this morning on Fox News. Too dull to post? Or worth posting simply because, had a Republican said it, it’d be the most racist thing ever?

Comments

The answer is B, unless you’re a network news producer.

JoeEgo on October 31, 2006 at 11:07 AM

Cheney is right! Can you imagine ? Ways and Means w/ Rangel?
He probably thinks it is WEIGHS and BEING MEAN committee…

shooter on October 31, 2006 at 11:14 AM

rangel is an idiot.

elBarto on October 31, 2006 at 11:17 AM

They ( LIBS ) always poke fun or insult those
who naturally make them look small and impotent.

Texyank on October 31, 2006 at 11:19 AM

Bah! Idiot indeed. Rangel isn’t even worth paying attention to. Everyone knows he’s batshit crazy.

Professor Blather on October 31, 2006 at 11:19 AM

…Geraldine Ferraro…

…is she still *ALIVE*? Heavens!

I’m only now getting over finding out that Charlie Rangel isn’t dead. That’s how the Dems keep in office: they don’t die, and they keep voting for eachother…it explains their “other-worldly” point of view…

“Representing, as I do, Undead-Americans, allow me on behalf of my consituency to point out the racism and animate-ism inherent that remark.”

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Ferraro’s a Dem; she’s allowed to say that Rangel is “jive-talking”. Not an issue. However, if VP Cheney had said it, the Dem’s would be calling for his resignation.

dalewalt on October 31, 2006 at 11:26 AM

Post the Ferraro comment……..pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

As for Rangle…..would YOU buy a car from this man?

Limerick on October 31, 2006 at 11:26 AM

And . . . Rangel is a certified moron.

rplat on October 31, 2006 at 11:31 AM

“Cheney is sick, but don’t you dare come to my country and call Bush the devil.”

When ya say he’s sick, Chuckie, do ya mean his heart problems? Oh, wait, I forgot, Cheney doesn’t HAVE a heart! Dare ya to say that on a hunting trip with him.

Ferraro reminds me of June Cleaver in ‘Airplane’ – “Jive ass turkey ain’t got no brains anyhow”

Tony737 on October 31, 2006 at 11:34 AM

How is this new tone thing working out for you, W? Gridlock is not only good, its grrreeeaaat!

Valiant on October 31, 2006 at 11:41 AM

It’s alright for the persons who embrace that Radical Chic crap to look down on blacks.

If they couldn’t, how would they exist at their heightened state of consciousness and perfection?

benrand on October 31, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Jive ass turkey ain’t got no brains anyhow

that should be “no how”. Jive is a peculiar language it is missing the word “any”.

elBarto on October 31, 2006 at 11:43 AM

Does anyone else notice that Charles Rangel and Susan Estrich sound EXACTLY alike, and are never seen in the same room together?

cms on October 31, 2006 at 11:48 AM

…maybe it’s one of those Rosie O’Donnell/Scooby-Doo zipper-suit deals?

…but that might involve Charlie pulling his zipper down in public….

*rrruh-roh*

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 11:51 AM

I say we let the wives handle this

Defector01 on October 31, 2006 at 12:00 PM

Rosie would know all about the zipper suits. Inside her are five or six empty headed underwear models trying to get out.

E L Frederick on October 31, 2006 at 12:01 PM

Please post the Ferraro clip – after all, it’s Halloween!

LB - the one that isn't LaShawn Barber on October 31, 2006 at 12:05 PM

What new government. The Republicans are going to walk away with this. Don’t give aid and comfort to our enemies and that is exactly what Dumbocrats are, ENEMIES of this country.

marianpaul on October 31, 2006 at 12:09 PM

Representing, as I do, Undead-Americans …”
Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Ha ha!
Which Dem said after Kerry lost, “They (Repub voters) just kept coming, out of the fields, the hills, waves and waves of them …”
Next Tuesday, Repub turnout will be seared into Dem memories as the day of the undead … masses of men and women, reinforced by new divisions of 18 year-old spawn with their first voting cards, chanting , “Vote Republican! Vote Republican!”

naliaka on October 31, 2006 at 12:10 PM

Rangle is partly right, Cheney is one tough son of a bitch, and has no problem bitch slapping liberals like Rangle.
Hey Rangle, run and hide behind Pelosi’s skirt you little cry baby.

“I am Charlie Rangle and Hillary approved of this ad.”

right2bright on October 31, 2006 at 12:14 PM

The unhinging has begun. I think it’s obvious what their internal polls are saying, no?

SouthernGent on October 31, 2006 at 12:27 PM

I heard it, and felt it worthy of a topic, though, the audio would make it better…you bet it would be racist if a republican said it, but there is nothing racist about it.

Pam on October 31, 2006 at 12:31 PM

Wow, the Democratic party has the most idiotic, uninformed, unhinged people in leadership positions. If these fools take over Congress, this country will survive, but the embarassment will be long-lasting.

liberty on October 31, 2006 at 12:34 PM

To say/pretend that there aren’t two standards, one for the Left, and one for the Right, would be to say that

CNN is not in the tank for the liberals

Entelechy on October 31, 2006 at 12:51 PM

SouthernGent on October 31, 2006 at 12:27 PM

Good call. I think we could be seeing a bit of a liberal meltdown as we get closer to election day and they get closer to their “victory”. Witness:

- Kerry’s incredibly insulting and politically boneheaded statement about our troops
- Rangel’s statements discussed herein
- Ford and supporters whining about “racism” in two very effective ads against them
- Ford’s ignorance in calling out Austrailia for nuclear proliferation
- Cardin’s totally shellacking at the hands of Steele in two different debates, with Cardin with drawing from another one to lick his wounds
- The general nervousness of dems, reflected in several newspaper stories, on whether they will really win or not.

Let the choking begin.

thirteen28 on October 31, 2006 at 1:01 PM

Registered Democrats outnumber registered Republicans in the United States and all signs indicate Democrats will win the majority in at least the House this election. So by your logic the majority of Americans are the enemy of America. Well since this is a representitive democracy in which the majority rules, I assume the majority of Americans would decide that indeed they are America and not the enemies of America, making you and your Republican friends the ENEMY of America.

(Of course this is the second most absurd line of thinking I’ve ever seen, behind marianpauls belief that all Democrats are ENEMIES of this country.)

JaHerer22 on October 31, 2006 at 1:02 PM

One thing’s for sure: our new government’s going to work great together.

1. Praise be to Allah; he’s killin’ me.

2. Was it Limbaugh who said the perfect form of our Government was a split Congress, which basically resulted in gridlock? I think it was.

I will vote on Tuesday, and I will encourage all to come out and support the GOP in order to keep the filthy Dems from leadership, but there’s a little devil on my shoulder that say “…if the Dems have the House, and the GOP has the White House and Senate, nothing will get done…and if nothing gets done…then nothing bad can happen.”

The little angel on my other shoulder is very, very quiet…

Jaibones on October 31, 2006 at 1:14 PM

make that “says”

Jaibones on October 31, 2006 at 1:15 PM

The liberals are really losing it. I wonder what they know, but aren’t sharing.

DannoJyd on October 31, 2006 at 1:43 PM

Danno, indeed…smells like (a GOP) victory!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
(BTW, checked out your pix. Looks like you had a great little group out to rally the voters for the GOP!)

Why does Charlie Rangel sound like Susan Estrich or vice versa?
You never see those 2 in the same room. Coincidence?

Jen the Neocon on October 31, 2006 at 2:16 PM

Remember that if nothing gets done W’s tax cuts will expire, allowing the Dems to raise your taxes while blaming the Republicans for a lack of co-operation.

conservativecaveman on October 31, 2006 at 2:18 PM

Cheney should walk up to Rangel and tell him to “go f**k himself.”

Mallard T. Drake on October 31, 2006 at 2:38 PM

Jen the Neocon, thanks. Our groups numbers, and members changed from town to town, but that is to be expected when trying to cover about 100 miles in a day.

Indeed, I’ve seen almost as many reports about how the liberals could be cracking up as I’ve seen stories about how democrats will win. We must give those ‘reporters’ credit for at least being half right. :oP

DannoJyd on October 31, 2006 at 3:16 PM

Let’s see….since the vile Rangel absolutely cannot debate Cheney due to Rangel’s low IQ…then he must personally insult him. Hmmmmm…it’s the only liberal thing to do.

lynnv on October 31, 2006 at 3:46 PM

Did anybody see on Fox News how there are still thousands of dead people who are registered to vote in NY state? If the Chuckies (Schumer and Rangel) win the next time around, you’ll know why!!

BigOrangeAxe on October 31, 2006 at 3:58 PM

Post it.

EFG on October 31, 2006 at 4:01 PM

Charlie better watch out or he’ll end up with a face full of buckshot. Oh that Cheney, what a cut up.

honora on October 31, 2006 at 5:00 PM

Rangel is a racist. He only makes these types of vicious comments about individuals from certain ethnic and religious groups. Why is Hot Air afraid to come right out and say it?

doufree on October 31, 2006 at 5:41 PM

Cheney’s pacemaker could kick Rangel’s ass.

Stormy70 on October 31, 2006 at 9:05 PM

Geraldine Ferraro has always struck me as someone with integrity (though I could be wrong) – funny how she got paired with the weasel Mondale. And IMHO she makes a good contributor to Fox – better than Estrich these days.

Charlie better watch out or he’ll end up with a face full of buckshot.

At this rate I wouldn’t worry. Somehow I don’t see Charlie & Cheney on a hunting trip together, doing the male bonding thing… (“is *that* what getting a face full of pellets is called nowadays?”)

RD on November 1, 2006 at 5:38 AM

I have to go with answer “B” as well. Good post, AP.

Cary on November 1, 2006 at 10:18 AM