Project Valour-IT

posted at 9:23 am on October 31, 2006 by Bryan

I’m a little late to post this, but yesterday’s Vent edit (now playing here on Hot Air) kept me tied up all day and into the night.

As a former airman in your United States Air Force, who enlisted after graduating from college, I not only don’t share Lurch’s dismissive, elitist opinion of the men and women who have volunteered to join the military. I support them wholeheartedly. Those who joined after 9-11 have especially earned the respect of all freedom-loving patriots. So here’s a chance for us to give back.

Project Valour-IT is a Soldier’s Angels program that raises money to provide voice-activated laptops to troops who have lost limbs protecting us and taking the fight to the terrorists. These troops gave so much to defend our freedoms and rights, and deserve our support.

Since I’m a former zoomie, I’m on the Air Force team. Our team leader is John at OPFOR. Please give to Project Valour-IT. John has the donate button on this post. Each team is raising $45,000, for a total of $180k during the 2-week drive. So please head over and drop a few bucks in the till. There are causes and there are good causes. Project Valour-IT is a great cause.

Comments

Welcome, teammate. Got a button at my place too.

Bill Faith
USAF 1970-1974

bdfaith on October 31, 2006 at 9:28 AM

Zoomie Bryan……..thanks for posting that……we owe everything to these fine men and women…….

Limerick on October 31, 2006 at 9:33 AM

From one Airman to another: thanks for serving, Bryan.

Black Adam on October 31, 2006 at 9:42 AM

Knew I forgot something, Bryan. Thank you for your service young man.

bdfaith on October 31, 2006 at 9:45 AM

I’m glad you posted it. I follow Op For so I donated yesterday.

I sent this to some of my BDS friends telling them “this is something we can all agree on.” Their response was “WHere is the place where we can donate to Bush’s impeachment”.

I challenge all the liberals to a contest. I think conservatives can out – give you. You say you are for the troops. It’s time to get rid of the AMHA disease (Alligator Mouth – Hummingbird a-hole) and walk the talk.

Let’s help our soldiers out!

Dr. Gecko on October 31, 2006 at 9:50 AM

Squids are in the house!!

Viper1 on October 31, 2006 at 9:52 AM

Hey Bryan

Project Valour-IT is a wonderful thing to do to help those folks who have given so much, and I greatly encourage people to help.

But if I may allow me to put in a plug for our project at the Coalition of The Swilling to help Marines currently serving over in Iraq. As most of you are aware nothing raises the spirits of troops like getting mail and packages, so please come over and ‘adopt’ some of our Marines.

Thanks.

Mr. Bingley on October 31, 2006 at 9:54 AM

I just made my donation;

fellow zoomie… 1981-1985; 445x0G

dalewalt on October 31, 2006 at 9:56 AM

Married (16 yrs!!) to a soldier–98C; served briefly myself; honored to donate to a great cause.

There’s strong…

Then there is ARMY STRONG!

BlueStateBlues on October 31, 2006 at 10:06 AM

As a former zoomie ground pounder and brutally oppressive warmongering beermongering occupier of West Germany, you can count me in.

USAFE is the bomb!

Pablo on October 31, 2006 at 10:08 AM

Hey Pablo, I knew I liked you for some reason.

Ex-Air Force AMMO guy here o 88-92 RAF Welford/Greenham Common U.K. and Spangdahlem A.B. Germany. “AMMO, we live so others may die”

Made my donation $$$ cha-CHING!

Tony737 on October 31, 2006 at 11:25 AM

“AMMO, we live so others may die”

Tony, LOL!

I was redlined to Ramstein out of tech school after the Bader-Meinhof gang took a bite out of USAFE HQ. Spent a awful lot of time babysitting some of our more…uh, impressive ordnance, as well as some of the Army’s. I watched them drop one off a forklift once. That inspired my partner and I to a stirring rendition of the Gap Band’s “You dropped a bomb on me” over the vehicle’s PA system, which they didn’t appreciate nearly as much as we did. :-)

Man, the Cold War made for some good times!

Pablo on October 31, 2006 at 11:47 AM

I first learned of this over at Patterico’s Pontifications, who was plugging the Marine team through Cassandra’s Villainous Company

However, being a career Avionics Tech in the Navy (1982-2003) my money goes to Chaotic Synaptic Activity.

As I posted at Patterico, good work always needs more attention, and this is GOOD work.

Freelancer on October 31, 2006 at 12:48 PM

“You dropped a bomb on me” HA! Good one Pablo.

During the Gulf War, I was at RAF Welford, UK, which was a little base with no planes, just bombs. (Enough to carpet bomb Iraq everyday for a year!) Anyway, we were shipping all those bombs down to the Gulf area and we borrowed some pencil pushers from RAF Greenham Common to help us out. To mess with them we’d take a hammer and pound on the side of a Mk-84 (2,000 pd bomb) and they were like “HEY! Don’t do that!” We said “Don’t worry, if it goes off you won’t even feel it!” They go “THAT’S NOT FUNNY MAN! You Ammo guys are SICK!” HA! Of course there was no danger as the bomb was not even armed, but the look on their faces…!

Tony737 on October 31, 2006 at 2:24 PM

“These troops gave so much to defend our freedoms and rights, and deserve our support.”

Which would be why our taxes are used to PAY THEM.

eminuu on November 1, 2006 at 6:14 AM

I love how “liberals” show their graitude for those who secure their liberties.

Tony737 on November 1, 2006 at 6:53 PM