Bill Maher’s disgraceful Halloween costume mocks Irwin

posted at 12:51 am on October 31, 2006 by Ian

Don’t act surprised:

maher-holloween.jpg

This tasteless humor comes from the same schmuck who praises terrorists:

We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That’s cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it’s not cowardly.

(hat tip: Rob Port)

Comments

Geeee…. think he watched South Park????

Wheres Satan when ya need him….

Bill… yer outta here….

Romeo13 on October 31, 2006 at 12:53 AM

Romeo that definately calmed me down and brought a smile to my face. The angry rant I had just passed into thin air, but I do know that I cannot stand Maher. Thanks for the laugh Romeo that was a hilarious episode.

Dittohead on October 31, 2006 at 1:00 AM

That’s not a stingray barb, it’s a direct-injection crack pipe.

infidel4life on October 31, 2006 at 1:05 AM

I hate Bill Maher. He is a rubber faced freak and an schmuck.

Free Kurdistan on October 31, 2006 at 1:09 AM

Look at what a crusty old guy he is. That’s the great thing about libs, a lot of them are on the downhill side of life, so if nothing else, we won’t have to wait long for their ideas to disappear.

Tactless. Revealing that a crass fool like Maher would demean a real man like Irwin to whom he will never even hold a candle.

JeffB. on October 31, 2006 at 1:10 AM

Feed him to the Crocs.

sonnyspats1 on October 31, 2006 at 1:17 AM

Crikey! This one’s stole another off-color joke! He’s a writhy one though, mates, you have to get through two or three peppy liberals to get to him when he’s on air. Look out for his tired monologue, it can bore you right to sleep.

Vincenzo on October 31, 2006 at 1:42 AM

I think that’s a real stingray barb… If I looked like that, I try to kill me too…

RalphyBoy on October 31, 2006 at 1:42 AM

Such a fine line between funny and making a complete and total ass of yourself.

Does he still have a show he can be fired from?

John on October 31, 2006 at 1:48 AM

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Defector01 on October 31, 2006 at 1:48 AM

Come on, that’s hilarious.

His eyes look a little red, and glossy… Whacha been up to Bill?

GregH on October 31, 2006 at 1:50 AM

I’ll try my best to keep it clean… In short, he’s simply a runt (with a capitol “C”) He’s a bitter little man with no character that can’t wait to open his cock-holster and say something stupid.

I was two feet away from him a few months ago at a McCartney concert and I have to say that he has the biggest freaking head I’ve ever seen on a man. I actually thought he was a dwarf. You’d think that with that big head of his he might have an ounce of brains but alas he doesn’t.

x95b10 on October 31, 2006 at 1:54 AM

So I try like mad to avoid having to see or here from this complete baboon’s rectum, and his grille gets a closeup on HotAir. Oh well.

Freelancer on October 31, 2006 at 2:07 AM

Sure it isn’t an Alien bursting out of him?

Where is Ripley / Sigourney Weaver with her grenade launcher and flame thrower when you need her?

LegendHasIt on October 31, 2006 at 2:26 AM

He and his fellow travellers are nothing but nihilists. If there wasn’t Good in the world for them to destroy, they couldn’t summon up enough energy to get out of bed in the morning.

Lazarus on October 31, 2006 at 2:29 AM

look at that face. what is he on and where can i get some?

paranoid on October 31, 2006 at 2:43 AM

If you follow Rosie O’s logic, this is just a still frame of a great reveal. What you are actually seeing is Howard Dean unzipping Maher’s sorry ass, struggling to free himself to take over the world.

seejanemom on October 31, 2006 at 5:44 AM

Maher is one ugly looking man. As to the Irwin joke, I don’t think many people here are in a position to criticize him considering the pretzel logic they employed to defend Southpark.

EF on October 31, 2006 at 6:03 AM

Maybe next year we’ll all be wearing ‘Bill Maher jihadi beheading’ costumes.

Tony737 on October 31, 2006 at 7:11 AM

The costume doesn’t bother me as much as that bloated, decaying mass just below the hairline and slightly above the collar. You could mash that mug into some dough and make gorilla cookies.

Do dope much, Bill?

Pablo on October 31, 2006 at 7:41 AM

Wow, someone dressed a lobster up as the Croc Hunter, no wait, is that thing Bill Maher?

I understand now why his skin tone always looks so weird to me on TV, it must take some pretty serious bondo to make that look human.

B Moe on October 31, 2006 at 7:54 AM

What an asshole.

asc85 on October 31, 2006 at 8:11 AM

What an asshole.

That statement does a disservice to sphincters everywhere.

Corky on October 31, 2006 at 8:21 AM

Halloween costumes usually skirt the bounds of good taste so the costume itself doesn’t bother me as much as the stupidity that comes out of his mouth. Bill Maher has been stealing other people’s work for years. Though i find it sublimely ironic that he’d borrow an idea from South Park.

stevezilla on October 31, 2006 at 8:24 AM

…Maher is to comedy what Ex-Lax is to condiments….

Whenever he gets bored, or his Q-quotient drops, he goes on the air somewhere and says that religious people are all morons, says that the 9/11 hijackers were brave, or in some other way talks with the incorrect end of his digestive tract. His forming of vowels with his sphincter is a talent few can match.

He isn’t worth getting worked up over. He’s a parasitic grown on America’s funny bone, and a sign — along with Paris Hilton, celebrity ballroom dancing, and the Democratic Party — that it takes all kinds to make this silly old world.

…although as entertaining as a root canal, he’s in the entertainment business. Don’t pay him the least attention and he’ll be in the food service industry where he belongs…”You want fries with that?”

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 8:28 AM

What? I thought that was Clay Aiken.

An older, uglier, less talented Clay Aiken.

Professor Blather on October 31, 2006 at 8:32 AM

Oh, I thought he got trashed and glued his old, dryed-out willy to his chest?

Hening on October 31, 2006 at 8:34 AM

Revealing that a crass fool like Maher would demean a real man like Irwin to whom he will never even hold a candle …

It is indeed funny to actually compare Maher to Irwin. It’s hard to believe they’re even the same species.

One truly a man, one truly a weasel. A weasel who seriously looks a lot like Clay Aiken’s crack-addicted grandpa.

Professor Blather on October 31, 2006 at 8:35 AM

Bill is a short nasty girlyman. The reason he’s so angry all the time is because that appendage on his ugly mug is bigger than the one in his speedos.

roninacreage on October 31, 2006 at 8:36 AM

What a dolt! He looks like he’s three sheets to the wind. More than he usually does.

vcferlita on October 31, 2006 at 8:45 AM

The halloween after 9/11 I dressed up as “Osama bin Ladybeetle-insect of evil”.
I had Ladybug wings, entennas, and fangs.
Why?
Well asian ladybeetles are like bitey ladybugs. They attack inside your house-and all creatures within and then die.
You’re vaccuming them up for months afterward.
I was spoofing that.

Despite my choice of character name-EVERYONE thought it was hilarious. They had experienced those rotten little bugs as well.
My point:
Fans of Steve(I watched him) need to laugh through their pain-just as folks in shock after 9/11 were able to laugh at a “ladybug terrorist”.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 31, 2006 at 8:47 AM

Someone should tell Maher… “Yeah, the Southpark guys did it, but you have to be funny to pull that off.”

DaveS on October 31, 2006 at 8:49 AM

I thought that was Burgess Meredith …………

“Yuh gonna need a manajah Rocky”

fogw on October 31, 2006 at 8:49 AM

“Clay Aiken’s crack-addicted grandpa”

Now THAT’S funny! Thanks Professor!

Tony737 on October 31, 2006 at 8:59 AM

BILL MAHER The personification of a tightly coiled steaming pile of dog squeeze

sonnyspats1 on October 31, 2006 at 9:02 AM

Good one Bill. Only you could make South Park seem classy.

BohicaTwentyTwo on October 31, 2006 at 9:07 AM

Maher couldn’t pass a drug test if he used the Popes pee. Of course he doesn’t think that marijuana is a drug – just a state of mind.

iam7545 on October 31, 2006 at 9:12 AM

I thought that was Burgess Meredith …………

“Yuh gonna need a manajah Rocky”

fogw on October 31, 2006 at 8:49 AM

LOL,..Nah…Burgess Meredith had TALENT.

David Letterman seems to have talent, but it’s really just “edginess” which is a pseudonym for sarcasm…and it’s gotten old.

What does Bill Maher do for a living, anyway? Wouldn’t you just love to wipe that perpetual leer off his face?

Left_Behind on October 31, 2006 at 9:14 AM

Someone should dress up like Bill Maher and carry a pink slip of paper with the words “ABC” written on it.

Perhaps another with “HBO”?

Black Adam on October 31, 2006 at 9:17 AM

Unless they are on the same grail juice Castro is on than we’ll be stuck hearing their crying forever!

KineticJustice on October 31, 2006 at 9:22 AM

Well, one can only hope Bill will find his memorable Hollywood overdose like so many others before him…I won’t cheer and honk like I did when Arafat went to his toilet bowl in the great beyond, but I will chuckle now and then. It is a sad symptom of this country that someone like Maher can be famous for simply tearing down people that are actually productive and better than him.

austinnelly on October 31, 2006 at 10:03 AM

Even a more disgusting costume.

Valiant on October 31, 2006 at 10:22 AM

Valiant,

Wow, that is disgusting. If that kid came a knocking at my door tonight dressed as a suicide bomber, I would promptly escort the litte creep and his creepy parents off of my property.

fogw on October 31, 2006 at 10:49 AM

I thought he looked more like Blitzer after Lynn got done with him.

Limerick on October 31, 2006 at 10:52 AM

I dunno, I kinda see it as pointing out the fact that muslims are whacked, making fun of douche bag suicide bombers, not their victims. I thought it was pretty funny when my shop teacher in high school (Oct 31, 1988) came in with an arab headdress on, a quart of oil in one hand and a wooden arab sword in the other and said “I Keeeeel you in dee name of Al-LAH!”

Yeah, that’s right John Kerry, I took woodshop in H.S. AND joined the Military!

It IS sick that somebody would dress their kid up like that, but I think (just guessin’) it is meant to insult islamic fundies who dress their kids up in REAL bomb belts.

Tony737 on October 31, 2006 at 11:01 AM

It doesn’t bother me. Good jokes are often in bad taste. His job is get some to laugh and others to gasp. He just got the formula wrong this time.

dougless on October 31, 2006 at 11:09 AM

I agree with Tony737 – I actually like the mad suicide bomber costume, as long as its intended to mock the Islamo-Idiots.

Don’t forget – they dress up their INFANTS like that, for real!

I’d dress my kid up like that in a heartbeat. But then I’d put a big “Supported by the Democratic National Committee” sticker on his chest. Bet that’d stir things up.

Professor Blather on October 31, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Uh, yea, Bill you have to leave the party because your not in costume. Just becuase you dressed as Steve Irwin doesn’t mean your not being a moronic jackass which is what you are everyday and that means that your not in costume. So your going to have to leave, Bill.
-Satan

Troy Rasmussen on October 31, 2006 at 11:40 AM

The scare mask doesn’t really fit the costume.

JackM on October 31, 2006 at 12:01 PM

C’mon Look at the kids face he gets it! The concept of blowing me up to blow you up. It is just a weak excuse masquarading as courage.

sonnyspats1 on October 31, 2006 at 12:04 PM

Whacha been up to Bill?

GregH on October 31, 2006 at 1:50 AM

Do dope much, Bill?

Pablo on October 31, 2006 at 7:41 AM

Entelechy on October 31, 2006 at 12:15 PM

austinnelly on October 31, 2006 at 10:03 AM

It’s actually a sign of a very strong and free country. I lived for 23 years in a communist country where one was afraid to tell political jokes to one’s cousins, sometimes siblings. The idiots here are free to be idiots. Our soldiers die so they can be fools. If only they knew it and would be thankful – oh, wait, then they wouldn’t be idiots.

Entelechy on October 31, 2006 at 12:22 PM

This may be a stupid remark, but that thing sticking out of his chest does not look like a stingray to me. Of course, I might add that Bill doesn’t exactly look like a man to me, either.

bloggless on October 31, 2006 at 12:41 PM

Oooh… I am so OUTRAGED!!! j/k

Bad taste? Yes. Outrageous? No.

bigbeas on October 31, 2006 at 1:20 PM

I don’t know Entelechy. Maybe it’s a sign of a free country, but I don’t think it’s a sign of a strong one. I think it’s a sign of country doing its best to flush itself down a moral sewer. I get where you’re coming from, and I respect that, but I think we’re too far on the other end of the spectrum where useless people get famous and can affect policy of which they have no understanding. We have some dark days ahead.

austinnelly on October 31, 2006 at 2:11 PM

Something is oddball about this. It it certain this is not a FauxtoShop?

RC2 on October 31, 2006 at 3:18 PM

Too bad that’s not ‘Alien’ pokin’ outta his chest.

johnCV on October 31, 2006 at 3:48 PM

In Bad Taste – No regard for Irwins family!

Personally I didn’t think Steve Irwin was dealing with a full deck, but I certainly didn’t wish death on him. And I certainly would respect the feelings of the family left behind so soon after this trajedy. Especially the two young children that loved their dad!

Mitch

Bearhopi on October 31, 2006 at 5:24 PM

Ugh! Why is he allowed any media attention at all? Is it like staring at a car wreck? You know you shouldn’t, it could be morally repugnant – but you just can’t help yourself? The man needs to be whacked over the head with his own bong.

thedecider on October 31, 2006 at 10:15 PM

Luckily for Maher, whatever is sticking in his chest has no heart to impale.

profitsbeard on November 1, 2006 at 1:10 AM

Luckily for Maher, whatever is sticking in his chest has no heart to impale.

Or brain to diminish – lucky him!

He is his own worst enemy.

Emmett J. on November 1, 2006 at 9:58 PM