Audio: John Kerry on America’s lazy, uneducated military; Update: McCain demands apology

posted at 11:54 pm on October 30, 2006 by Allahpundit

People send me these audio clips all the time and I’m never sure whether to run them or not. Without the audio of the whole speech, I can’t tell if the comments were later qualified, retracted, embellished, etc. So let’s just go ahead and assume that Kerry caught himself the moment this left his lips and immediately disavowed/clarified it. Okay? Full benefit of the doubt here.

That said, it’s awfully goofy. And, of course, completely politically tone-deaf, which makes it vintage JFK. As usual, you can kind of tell what he’s trying to say but it’s so artless you just end up shaking your head.

The guy who sent it to me says it comes from a speech Kerry gave today on behalf of Phil Angelides. John Ziegler of KFI 640AM in L.A. picked it up and the rest is history.

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Update: Ziegler has posted the audio too.

Update: KNBC4 in L.A. has posted video of Kerry at the Angelides event delivering this line. Thanks to Randy of RightWinged for the tip.

Update: Ah, that’s the stuff.

Update: The boss just posted the rest of Kerry’s campaign itinerary. He’s in Seattle today and Minnesota tomorrow. Head on out and say hi!

Update (Bryan): As someone who joined the Air Force after completing my degree, Kerry’s comment is worse than merely goofy. It’s consistent with his entire career, and it’s repulsive. He deserves undiluted grief for this one, and that’s what he’ll get.

Update: Via the Corner:

Ms. Lopez,

Thanks for link to U-toob. Me not understand big words bout kerry. Like pictures better.

BOY, it Hard to rite e-male with crayon.

Very respectfully,

major

Camp slayer, Bahgdad, iraq

Update: McCain picks up the ball and heads for the end zone!

Senator Kerry owes an apology to the many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country’s call because they are patriots and not because of any deficiencies in their education. Americans from all backgrounds, well off and less fortunate, with high school diplomas and graduate degrees, take seriously their duty to our country, and risk their lives today to defend the rest of us in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.

They all deserve our respect and deepest gratitude for their service. The suggestion that only the least educated Americans would agree to serve in the military and fight in Iraq, is an insult to every soldier serving in combat, and should deeply offend any American with an ounce of appreciation for what they suffer and risk so that the rest of us can sleep more comfortably at night. Without them, we wouldn’t live in a country where people securely possess all their God-given rights, including the right to express insensitive, ill-considered and uninformed remarks.

Update: Kerry has issued a statement responding to right-wing “nut-jobs.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

This shoulden’t be surprising. They are pulling every trick they can think of to regrab power. From emails I receive in my throw away email:

Clinton Lies, Kerry Cries

LewWaters on October 30, 2006 at 11:56 PM

To think this country almost elected this first class buffoon. What a total maroon.

marianpaul on October 31, 2006 at 12:02 AM

Is anyone else tired of hearing the words “Bush” during these midterm elections? I certainly am. If he was on the ticket somewhere, I’d understand.

And when did America forget that Senators are supposed to represent your state, not the nation’s interest? That’s for the House of Representatives to handle. We slowly strip away every inch of state’s autonomy in America, and the big one is the Senate.

People should be voting for Senators who will defend their State and their constiuents interests. Any candidate yelling about the President should just resign. I want my candidate/Senator to talk about protecting my rights as a citizen of my state. I want my candidate talking about keeping federal hands off our hard earned money. I want my Senators talking about our right to privacy.

Or, they can just keep yelling “BOOOOOOOSH” like the middle east fundies do. Sorry for the rant.

Vincenzo on October 31, 2006 at 12:02 AM

Dear Mr. Kerry,

Prior to enlisting in the United States Army my son squandered his education by being employed by N.A.S.A. doing some kind of meaningless task in mission control. My apologies for the actions of my poor dumb son in joining the U.S. Army.

Limerick on October 31, 2006 at 12:04 AM

Damn it Allah…I’m over here in Southern CA trying to get the audio from KFI and post it ASAP thinking I had the scoop on this one. My chance to shine…and the thunder is stolen…you’re too good…just too good…your Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Network reaches much farther than mine. Next time….next time.

StoutRepublican on October 31, 2006 at 12:06 AM

Oh, and Kerry is a Society Hill limousine liberal, laughing at the those who decide ro serve in the highest honor.

I’ll take an Army front line soldier any day over a career-student at UC Berkely.

Vincenzo on October 31, 2006 at 12:10 AM

How does what he said = “America’s lazy, uneducated military”
I don’t see the connection

Defector01 on October 31, 2006 at 12:17 AM

I suppose all the soldiers who were ‘stuck’ saving the world in WW2 were stupid and uneducated. The measure of a man or woman is not intelligence or level of education, it is character, and the excellence of character of those ‘stuck’ in Iraq is something that Kerry will never know.

Kerry has been a rich elitist limousine liberal his whole life, living high on the hog while criticizing the ‘overprivileged.’ His ‘service’ in Vietnam was a fraud. His entire public life is a fraud. He’s a phony, a liar, and a hypocrite. It is scary as hell that he got ~50% of the popular vote in ’04.

infidel4life on October 31, 2006 at 12:22 AM

This lowlife maggot pizzes me off more everytime he opens his beanhole. Zero integrity and not a speck of intelligence in his hollow head. When the era of these slimeballs are over the country will be better for it. Pray for attrition. His retirement can’t come soon enough. What a prik. I hope the real Allah jumps up his arse in the afterlife.

Griz on October 31, 2006 at 12:23 AM

Wonder if that the same motivation he listened to just before he went to Vietnam. He was in Vietnam ya know.

Got medals, even wrote his own report for his awards.
Then threw the medals over the fence of the White house
in protest.
They were someone else’s medals. He still has his.

To think that he was the best of the DNC in ’04. Chilling !

Texyank on October 31, 2006 at 12:24 AM

How does what he said = “America’s lazy, uneducated military”
I don’t see the connection

He’s saying that the guys in Iraq are there because they didn’t study hard enough and become educated.

That’s not what he’s trying to say. But that’s what he said.

Allahpundit on October 31, 2006 at 12:24 AM

AP, I’m really tired and wanted to call it a night – then I see this picture – I can’t tell you how often I’ve appreciated you just for providing the clips and the one-liners. Now I can sleep better!

This reminded me again how the American electorate is instinctively not as dumb or as suicidal as the MSM & all would like us to believe.

The conservatives should run this from now until Nov. of 2008, on and off.

I’ve told ya’ll before – Mrs. Heinz doesn’t care any more. Otherwise, there is no way he’d be running around spewing such nonsense. And talk about showing his true elitist, pompous colors. What a true narcissist!

As for Angelides – we’re not madly in love with A. Schwarzenegger here in Calif. but he’s so incredibly blessed with whom the dems picked as his opponent. Comparing the two we have on the ballot, we count our blessings minute by minute and feel confident that Scandelides will fade away soon after Nov. 7th, 2006. He’s never met a tax he didn’t like (but, alas, now he’s for refunds for the middle class; and we believe that the Earth is flat).

The most famous (liberal) movie producers in Hollywood support Arnold.

Entelechy on October 31, 2006 at 12:25 AM

I’m currently attending a university in Washington, DC, but I enlisted in the Army immediately after my graduation from high school. Guess my decision to enlist prior to going to college means I’m lazy, uneducated, and don’t want to even attempt anything academic. Oh, by the way, I was a Korean linguist in the Army.

By the way Mr. Kerry, I served in Afghanistan, and proudly at that. Nobody forced me to join – my parents were supportive of my decision and I don’t reget a second of my service.

Mountain Soldier on October 31, 2006 at 12:30 AM

Kerry The Chinese connection.friggin A-hole

sonnyspats1 on October 31, 2006 at 12:31 AM

Just keep giving Kerry a microphone so we can wrap these elections up and continue through ’08. He really does not think clearly before speaking. This reminds of an AAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHH from that guy in Vermont now heading the DNC. These fools just keep showing America why we should not elect elitist Liberals. Great link Allah.

Dittohead on October 31, 2006 at 12:32 AM

Yeah. We’re dumb rapists, right Mr. Kerry?

Black Adam on October 31, 2006 at 12:38 AM

Is anyone really surprised? I mean, when has the Left every really tried to hide their low opinion of the military and those who serve? It’s the same opinion they have of Red State Americans, especially those from the South. I hear this condescending attitude toward both groups nearly every day.

“Can I get me a huntin’ license here.” I mean, didn’t that tell you all you needed to know about this guy’s attitude toward the “hicks?” Who do they think joins the military? Poor hicks and poor minorities from the cities (usually one step ahead of the law).

TheBigOldDog on October 31, 2006 at 12:40 AM

You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you end up sticking your foot in your mouth so often, you have to gargle regularly with Desenex.

Mallard T. Drake on October 31, 2006 at 12:42 AM

I’d be willing to bet that he’s not just talking about the military. Since it’s taken out of context it’s hard to tell. He probably thinks it’s a zinger against Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld…but in usual JFK “speak before you think” fashion, he just maligned our troops. and contractors.

but don’t question his patriotism.

stevezilla on October 31, 2006 at 12:51 AM

Not to worry, by this time tomorrow, we will hear how his words were “misquoted,” “taken out of context” or “misrepresented.”

This bufoon fails to properly place brain in gear before placing mouth in motion. Of course, since he has a history of disdain for the military, hiding your true feelings becomes very hard.

LewWaters on October 31, 2006 at 1:02 AM

Vincenzo, my hand is raised-I am also tired of Liberals still campaigning against President Bush, who beat them twice.
I have a post card right here which says, “Help kick Bush’s buddies out!”
LibDems don’t realize that they are the only ones who see President Bush as some kind of evil monster. It’s a pity that that Democratic venom and anger couldn’t be re-directed towards our nation’s enemies. You know, like it was in 1918 and 1941-45.
In case anyone is worried, Dems on November 8th will be depressed worse than ever. Pessimists are never happy.

Doug on October 31, 2006 at 1:10 AM

It’s a mixed message: Is he referring to servicemen and women, many of whom have opted not only to enlist but to re-enlist? Or is he referring to his successful rival, W?

The first is completely uncalled for – and should get him houned off the stage. The second is a half-baked criticism of the Administration’s Iraq policy. Democrats – let alone the rest of the country – deserve way better than that.

Jeremayakovka on October 31, 2006 at 1:13 AM

Let’s all support the “dumb guys” that got stuck in Iraq (and Afghanistan and anywhere else our servicemen and women are stationed)

Operation Gratitude!!!

opgratitude.com

Babs on October 31, 2006 at 1:22 AM

These guys are making it too easy… From another post I made 2 days ago at the astronomy forum open topic… Responding to some idiot who only starts anti Bush/America threads…

“And in 2004 Kerry was the best the Ds could come up with? Come on, you don’t really think that I was going to vote for an anti-war, testified against his own troops, couldn’t even get the support of the swift boaters, no account silver spooner like Kerry during a war did you???”

Now I can add “most likely to get fragged by some unedumacated grunt” to the list. What a complete crash test dummy.

RalphyBoy on October 31, 2006 at 1:34 AM

Dear NY Times,

My son John is a C student in College. Is there some sought of direction that you can provide for him, I’m just not sure what to do.

Signed
Mrs. Kerry
————————————–
Dear Mrs. Kerry,

May I suggest the military. They’re made up of a bunch of misfits and people who haven’t gotten an education.

I think your son John would be perfect in the Military from what you’ve told me. He could go far. He might even think of running for President someday.

What a moron

HarryStar on October 31, 2006 at 1:35 AM

Listen to the attitude. He is not talking to or about someone who has already been to college, he thinks he’s talking to young people.

The either/or upshot is that “you can do well” or you can “get stuck in Iraq”. The only point possible to infer with the presumption that he is talking to young people is that you end up in the military if you are otherwise a failure.

As someone who served 21 years, 5 months I’ve heard enough from this jackass who self-inflicted his way out of the Navy after 3 years, 8 months. I have exactly zero time spent in a college classroom, but where I work I am constantly correcting the spelling, grammar, and prose of four people with MA’s in education, primarily thanks to experience and skill gained on active duty. Let him come and tell me I ended up in the military because I didn’t study hard, do my homework, or make an effort to be smart.

Thtphphbthhphbthhbphbtphbt!

Freelancer on October 31, 2006 at 1:39 AM

Treebeard is such a complete asshole. Considering that he’s based his entire career on four months in Vietnam (and marrying rich widows), you’d think he’d have a little appreciation for the military. We currently have the best-educated, best-trained, and best-equipped military this world has ever seen. Not that liberal douchebags like John Kerry will ever get their heads out of their asses long enough to notice.

ReubenJCogburn on October 31, 2006 at 1:47 AM

KERRY IN ’08.

Alex K on October 31, 2006 at 1:52 AM

Shameful.

I can’t believe that this bloodsucking parasite came inches away from the White House.

x95b10 on October 31, 2006 at 2:00 AM

AllahPundit you disappoint me my friend. You really seem so desperate to give the benefit of the doubt where it’s not do sometimes.

That’s not what he’s trying to say. But that’s what he said.

Allahpundit on October 31, 2006 at 12:24 AM

What do you mean that’s not what he’s trying to say? What the hell else could he be trying to say? And how many times have we heard this from the left over the past few years? Just like the left insists that Bush sent “kids”, implying he swept in to poor uneducated towns and took “kids” to send them to war… rather than acknowledging the bravery and patriotism of the MEN and WOMEN of the military.

Please tell me what Kerry is “trying” to say here, and explain how it just came out wrong?

RightWinged on October 31, 2006 at 2:02 AM

where it’s not do sometimes.

should read:

where it’s not due sometimes.

RightWinged on October 31, 2006 at 2:04 AM

Thinking back to what he said in 1971 about those of us wo served in Viet Nam, is his words much different?

The country doesn’t know it yet, but it has created a monster, a monster in the form of millions of men who have been taught to deal and to trade in violence…..

there will be some recrimination but far, far less than the 200,000 a year who are murdered by the United States of America…..

We were monsters and murderers. Todays troops are just uneducated. Did he mellow out a bit?

LewWaters on October 31, 2006 at 2:08 AM

A headline that mispresents the story – and a story that misrepresents its source, and fails to examine the issues surrounding the comment that was made. Just more ‘blogosphere’ sloppiness and dissembling.

This ‘new media’ alternative to the ‘mainstream media’ seems to offer people what they want to hear without any type of accountability. It is at best, opinion – at worst, speculative fiction.

eminuu on October 31, 2006 at 3:34 AM

I’m certainly not trying to defend this bonehead, and perhaps my hearing is going, but to me it doesn’t sound that much like he says “Iraq.” It almost sounds like he says “A Wreck”. Or maybe “A Rack”. Neither make a whole lot of sense, and maybe I just can’t discriminate the word Iraq through his New England accent. However, he could be trying to say that doing poorly in school could leave your life “a wreck.”

Maybe I’m just totally wrong. Anybody else hear that? AP?

PaisleyCow on October 31, 2006 at 3:41 AM

Iraq just seems like such a non sequitur…but who knows with these people?

PaisleyCow on October 31, 2006 at 3:43 AM

Paisly, I really hope you’re joking. This isn’t like the “cracker”/”tracker” thing. He said Iraq without question.

eminuu on October 31, 2006 at 3:34 AM

Well first of all, Allah gave Kerry the benefit of the doubt which I already took issue with. I can only assume AP has gone to bed which is why he didn’t reply… But even if he hadn’t tried to give the benefit of the doubt eminuu, what is your explanation for this comment.

eminuu, I am issuing you a challege to to you to explain any context in which these comments from Kerry could be taken differently. This ought to be good.

RightWinged on October 31, 2006 at 3:54 AM

It could be worse. A guy could get stuck in some really dishonorable job like Senator from Massachusetts.

Pablo on October 31, 2006 at 3:55 AM

Wow,

What a complete arrogant A$$.

Kerry is saying…

Not getting stuck in Iraq is a basis for “smart”…

You only serve in the military because you are “not smart”

Perhaps Kerry is performing a retrospective on himself with his comments.

Regardless his comments are insulting.

My 4 years in the USAF was one of the most educational times in my life. I learned about electronics, avionics, discipline etc.

I could have learned about nuclear engineering if I wanted to become a “squid”. (little jab at the US Navy from this “AF puke”).

Without the USAF I would not be where I am today.

F15Mech on October 31, 2006 at 4:06 AM

My ears still don’t leave me totally convinced, but I think you guys are probably right. Iraq/Bush just seems to be the default setting for public comments by Dems these days, no matter how little sense it makes. Like in the Rep. Wilson video.

PaisleyCow on October 31, 2006 at 4:10 AM

I just checked some other Kerry videos, and I guess that’s just how he says “Iraq.” So…my bad.

I blame Bush for Kerry not being able to pronounce the word Iraq.

PaisleyCow on October 31, 2006 at 4:20 AM

Republicans want a military that our enemies fear.

Democrats want a military that our enemies fear and love.

pedestrian on October 31, 2006 at 4:24 AM

but to me it doesn’t sound that much like he says “Iraq.”

PaisleyCow on October 31, 2006 at 3:41 AM

Paisley,

My ears grew up in New England. My brain was formed elsewhere.

Accent and all Kerry is certainly saying Iraq not “a wreck” or “a rack”.

Frankly “a wreck” or “a rack” doesn’t even fit the context of his message.

F15Mech on October 31, 2006 at 4:24 AM

I blame Bush for Kerry not being able to pronounce the word Iraq.

PaisleyCow on October 31, 2006 at 4:20 AM

Glad you hear it properly now PaisleyCow. In this case, one might actually be able to justifiably blame Bush because if there is one thing he does have trouble with, it’s pronounciation. I don’t know if he always does, but many times Bush pronounces it “e-rock”.

Anyway, I’m still waiting for someone to explain how this can be interpretted in a manner other than Kerry calling the troops idiots. Too lazy to retype, but I pose the question to AP @ October 31, 2006 at 2:02 AM, and then eminuu @ October 31, 2006 at 3:54 AM.

RightWinged on October 31, 2006 at 4:43 AM

Oh and by the way, I grew up in New England (Vermont) and just moved back this summer, and I have to say that John Kerry doesn’t speak like a New Englander. He speaks like some sort of overpriveleged prep-school a-hole…. in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis “JenJiss” Khan

RightWinged on October 31, 2006 at 4:47 AM

I suppose all the soldiers who were ’stuck’ saving the world in WW2 were stupid and uneducated. The measure of a man or woman is not intelligence or level of education, it is character, and the excellence of character of those ’stuck’ in Iraq is something that Kerry will never know.

Kerry has been a rich elitist limousine liberal his whole life, living high on the hog while criticizing the ‘overprivileged.’ His ’service’ in Vietnam was a fraud. His entire public life is a fraud. He’s a phony, a liar, and a hypocrite. It is scary as hell that he got ~50% of the popular vote in ‘04.

infidel4life on October 31, 2006 at 12:22 AM

As a resident of the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, I will tell you that all of the above couldnt be more true, he does nothing but playboy around while his state goes to hell.

As the family member of servicemen serving in the current theater of operations, Im disgusted in the way one of our “Senators” describes the choice of young men and women to serve thier country, though not surprised at all.

Viper1 on October 31, 2006 at 4:58 AM

Republicans want a military that our enemies fear.

Democrats want a military that our enemies fear and love.

pedestrian on October 31, 2006 at 4:24 AM

Your point?

Thought I’d give you the chance to explain before I comment on how utterly ridiculous it is to think the Dem’s want anyone to fear anything of ours… nothing personal, just pointing out a flaw in your assessment

Viper1 on October 31, 2006 at 5:02 AM

Check your grades in yale,Kerry? I need an explanation for your moronic performance..

Ouabam on October 31, 2006 at 5:12 AM

For the record, I’m ashamed of elected representatives up here in VT, but Massachusetts seems to have us beat. We had Howard Dean as a governor who was the first to pass “civil unions” in the country. We have the mayor of Burlington propose this past summer that we become a sanctuary city for illegals. And in all likelyhood we’re about to move the only self-identified elected official in Washington from the House to the Senate.

However Massachusetts has a Senator who killed a woman “allowed a woman to die”, and later tried to assist the KGB with a PR campaign to help unseat Reagan. The other Senator lies, disrespects his fellow servicemen while they’re still in Vietnam, lies about throwing his medals, etc. etc. Cambodia on Xmas, etc. etc. lied about Silver Cross with V for Valor… hid records for a long time showing he did worse than Bush in school. Argued for over a decade that Saddam had WMDs before calling Bush a liar, voting before he voted against funding a war he voted for. Now takes back his vote… Says troops are terrorizing women and children in the night in Iraq… Now calls the troops stupid.

Again, I’m embarassed of who we elect up here, but I think you got us beat with those Massholes.

RightWinged on October 31, 2006 at 5:14 AM

From the wife of a WAY over educated Marine Officer who just completed a tour in the sandbox—22 cents is too much to waste on a bullet for that bastard. Thanks Massachusetts. First Teddy, now Lurch.

seejanemom on October 31, 2006 at 5:27 AM

To quote Alexis Bleidel of ‘Sin City’:

“Sugar, you’ve just done the dumbest thing in your life!”

Kerry is going to be very sorry he said such a thing.

There’s an audio link at Drudge. MilBloggers and FReepers are all over it. Count on this to be replayed many, many times on Rush, Hannity and Levin.

Jack.

Jack Deth on October 31, 2006 at 5:29 AM

MASSholes….nicely done, Rightwinged. That’s a keeper!

seejanemom on October 31, 2006 at 5:30 AM

It is not Kerry’s freedom my over educated Marine Officer Hunky Hub fights for in the sandbox. It is for everybody on this comment board. Kerry would get fragged in today’s military, and by better men. And he knows it. Ass.

seejanemom on October 31, 2006 at 5:37 AM

MASSholes….nicely done, Rightwinged. That’s a keeper!

seejanemom on October 31, 2006 at 5:30 AM

Wish I could take credit seejanemom, but that’s regular lingo you learn from a young age up here.

RightWinged on October 31, 2006 at 7:01 AM

What do you expect from a traitor who is memorialized by the North Vietamese government with his own exhibit in the enemy’s war museum?

JackM on October 31, 2006 at 7:30 AM

Reporting for DOODY!

sighkobabl on October 31, 2006 at 7:33 AM

I love this guy. The more time in front of a microphone the worse the left looks. I say give him his own CNN show, no one in politics can be more inept, callous, arrogant, hypocritical, lying, than Kerry. A true limousine liberal, let America know that he and his base, want the uneducated, the unclean, to be cleansed from this country. And only the elitist shall rule over us peasants. Abort all those who have not been educated.
One of the best spokespeople for the right we have.
Keep Kerry Karping.

right2bright on October 31, 2006 at 8:09 AM

And to think this moron could have become President. America, we dodged a big one with this loser. Proving once again that Americans are a smart bunch. As will this next election show — American’s don’t vote for haters.

tarpon on October 31, 2006 at 8:14 AM

…don’t climb over poor, old Mr. Kerry…he can’t help it…he’s just a product of his generation:

Try hard, get barred
Get back, write braille
Get jailed, jump bail
Join the army, if you fail

…in case I need to remind anyone, Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob “Soooooo profound” Dylan. See…his noblesse oblige attitude isn’t even original.

It’s nice that we’re being charitable with Mr. K, but I don’t think that was a mis-statement. It’s a pretty common attitude. Mr. Clinton expressed similar disdain for the military during his stint “commanding” it…to enlisted Marines on his security detail, so the story goes….

Mr. K left out one other stepping stone to success: marry money. He did it twice.

While it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ “Tommy, fall be’ind”,
But it’s “Please to walk in front, sir”, when there’s trouble in the wind,

…Kipling…the antidote to Dylan…more to the point….

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 8:16 AM

Just when I think this guy can’t utter another stupid remark…

He continues to embarass the citizens of the Peoples’ Republic of Massachusetts.

If I ever needed a brain transplant, I’d probably want his, because he hasn’t used it yet…

Corky on October 31, 2006 at 8:18 AM

…izzatso…I notice that you’re here, making us richer by your opinion….

What is the story, exactly? What did he say? Inquiring minds want to know.

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2006 at 8:18 AM

Like he got stuck in Vietnam?

Hopefully some others will get a chance to marry insane, rich women, and get elected Dhimmicrats to live of the land and say stupid stuff.

What a nasty, thing to say about the heroes serving our country.

Hening on October 31, 2006 at 8:31 AM

I already askin him Puritan, but he’s yet to return to try to answer. I’m actually waiting for AP to answer the same question as he says that Kerry didn’t mean to say this. Just what the hell could he have meant then?

By the way everyone, if you want to see video of this, you can here. I can’t figure out how to save that video from the site in case they take it down, so if anyone has any idea, please let me know.

RightWinged on October 31, 2006 at 8:36 AM

I can’t say that I’ve heard this mentioned at all on Fox & Friends this morning.. don’t tell me we’ll only hear it mentioned on H&C tonight? O’Reilly is kind of a bitch with this sort of thing and will likely not mention it.

RightWinged on October 31, 2006 at 8:37 AM

A headline that mispresents the story…
This ‘new media’ alternative to the ‘mainstream media’ seems to offer people…
eminuu on October 31, 2006 at 3:34 AM

Eminuu, what part of the audio was speculative fiction? Kerry is a wordsmith, he makes his living speaking (and marrying rich women) his words are his. Please impart your knowledge to us so we can no longer live under this speculative fiction. Let us taste the fruit of your greatness. If you don’t Kerry will send you to Iraq.

right2bright on October 31, 2006 at 8:40 AM

I’m with Freelancer on this one. All of my liberal friends at work went to college, I did four years in the Air Force, yet now we all work at the same job and like Freelancer said, I too always have to correct their English, it’s pathetic. “I ain’t got no money” Gee, I wonder why? They know nothing about history, geography, politics, war, etc but ask ‘em what Snoop Diggity Dawg wore to the Oscar’s and they can tell ya what kinda underwear he had on (I guess ’cause you can see ‘em) and who designed ‘em. They “study” nothing but Us Weekly, People, and all of those other crap rags whose names escape me now. They get their “news” from MTV, John Stewart and Bill Maher and they think that makes ‘em experts on any given subject yet can’t last 5 minutes in a debate with a former 3 stripe nobody who served only 4 years in the lowly Military, which, by the way, is just a govt jobs program for those of us too stoopit to go to college. Seriously, I had to proof read memos from my supervisor before they were posted. My SUPERVISOR!

Kerry is just showing us what he (and most libs) has always thought of the Military. At least he’s FINALLY being honest.

Speaking of New England accents, here’s a story you guys might like, although it may not work in print form: I was workin’ a flight to Manchestah, New Hampshah (pahk the cah in the yahd)and this guy comes up to me and says “Sah (sir) ya gotta help me, I think I lost mah kahkis!” I said “Whattaya talkin’ about, man? You’re WEARING your kahkis.” He says “No no no, my KAHKIS!” I’m thinkin’ ‘This guy is nuts!’ I said “Sir, you’re *wearin’* your pants.” He says “NO! Not mah kahkis … (makes gesture with right hand) Mah CAH KEYS!” “OOOOHHHHHH your CAR keys! Well why didn’t ya say so?”

Tony737 on October 31, 2006 at 8:45 AM

Ah! I’m bummin’. That little slip of the tongue from the Taxachussets boy wonder just ended any chance he’ll be a serious contender in 2008.

And I was SO looking forward to voting against him once again! Dammit, John! Quit spoiling my fun.

Professor Blather on October 31, 2006 at 8:46 AM

Personally, I don’t think he is taking a swipe at the military. I think this was intended to be a swipe at the President and his alleged lack of intelligence.

Steve L. on October 31, 2006 at 8:46 AM

My brother is lazy and stupid and he was sent to Iraq with the Marines. My dad is stupid too, and he was sent to Vietnam.

I’m smart. I stay in Florida.

frankj on October 31, 2006 at 8:47 AM

How does this southbound end of a northbound horse explain that some of America’s best and brightest are in the Service Academies of the United States.

And yes, some of those Academy graduates “stuck in Iraq” have died in their service to our country.

How did this idiot ever get commissioned in the Navy. I am sure it was not through West Point or Annapolis.

How scary is it that this P.O.S. came so close to being Commander in Chief.

mhexel on October 31, 2006 at 8:49 AM

We don’t need a draft after all. If you don’t go to college you go in the milatary millatery, the armed service. Looks like I am shipping out.
I love this guy.

I am John Kerry and Teresa approves of this message

right2bright on October 31, 2006 at 8:55 AM

Sorry this is a little off topic, but I didn’t know where to post. If anyone is interested check out this article!

It slams John Spratt’s (D) claim about Ralph Norman (R)hiring illegals. John Spratt and Ralph Norman are running in SC 5.

SCGOPgirl on October 31, 2006 at 9:02 AM

Steve L. on October 31, 2006 at 8:46 AM

That is such crap, although it’s the best excuse the Kerry Kamp will be able to come up with.

Here’s why it’s crap though… He’s speaking to college kids (yes THEY, generally, are still kids… they just get to live out of the house). These college kids are the same age as the brave and patriotic MEN and WOMEN who voluntarily joined the military. He’s basically saying that those in the military are those who are stupid and lazy and couldn’t make the cut like these kids hope to. There is nothing in his comment that implies he was talking about Bush, and to think that is just beyond ridiculous. And the nail in that argument’s coffin is that it wouldn’t be his place to knock Bush’s school work considering Bush got better grades than Kerry at Yale.

RightWinged on October 31, 2006 at 9:08 AM

That’s the way I took it, Steve — as a shot at Bush, the Bush Administration, supporters of the war, or just conservatives in general — take yer pick.

What a dolt.

db on October 31, 2006 at 9:14 AM

Kerry is a two-bit gigolo elitist that isn’t fit to clean latrines for the brave young people serving our country in the military. He was, is and always will be a consummate liar, phony and egocentric fool.

rplat on October 31, 2006 at 9:15 AM

I’ll take an Army front line soldier any day over a career-student at UC Berkeley.

Vincenzo on October 31, 2006 at 12:10 AM

Bing!

Jaibones on October 31, 2006 at 9:16 AM

Come on, y’all! Who could possibly take seriously a Masshole who dresses in condom suits?

thebookkeeper on October 31, 2006 at 9:17 AM