Sunday show lineup (Update: Thoughts?)

posted at 12:25 am on October 29, 2006 by Ian

Looks like a good group of guests on This Week, Face the Nation, and Meet the Press. Your best bet is Meet the Press where Michael Steele and Ben Cardin will face off.

***

ABC’s “This Week“: House Majority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio; actor and stem-cell research activist Michael J. Fox; actress and UNICEF ambassador Sarah Jessica Parker.

***

CBS’ “Face the Nation“: Reps. John Murtha, D-Pa., and Duncan Hunter, R-Calif.; Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean and Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman.

***

NBC’s “Meet the Press“: Democratic Rep. Ben Cardin and Republican Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, Maryland Senate candidates.

***

CNN’s “Late Edition“: Sens. Joseph Biden, D-Del., and Richard Lugar, R-Ind.; Samir Sumaidaie, Iraqi ambassador to the U.S.; Reps. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla.; retired Army Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton.

***

Fox News Sunday“: Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, R-Calif.; Sens. George Allen, R-Va., and Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.

Comments

Oh Lord. That should be a fountain of smarts.

Ugly on October 29, 2006 at 1:10 AM

Frankly, it looks to be a rather dull Sunday for talk shows. You can almost cite the standard talking points of all these guests before even seeing the show. I think I’ll spend the day outdoors instead.

thedecider on October 29, 2006 at 1:14 AM

I’d like to see Steele.

DaveS on October 29, 2006 at 2:08 AM

Sarah Jessica Parker is a spokesbimbo for UNICEF? She should be their poster-child. “A mind is a terrible thing to waste.”

Freelancer on October 29, 2006 at 3:24 AM

I believe that Repulicans should boycott Meet the Press, Hardball, Face the Nation, all CNN shows, and This Week.

They are openly pro-Democratic Party biased and need to be called upon it.

No paticipation until the hosts/producers of the show (1) admit their anti-Republican, anti-Bush, and anti-war bias, (2) promise, in an enforcable contract, that their news shows will no longer be broadcasted with the current pro-Democratic bias.

And in a corrollary move, the ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN White House reporters will not get to ask questions of Snow or the President during WH press conferences, and may even get their credentials revoked if they continued their biased approach.

georgej on October 29, 2006 at 7:38 AM

Hi Ian!

There’s TV on Sundays? I’m moving today to another part of the New London & won’t have TV or internet for a full week till the sandman comes & hooks things up.

But I’m not renewing the TV, just the internet cable. Looks like it’s books & DVDs for me till then. I’ll miss the gang here. Ah’ll be back. :o)

Coronagold on October 29, 2006 at 8:10 AM

There’s anything on Sunday TV other than football?

celeste on October 29, 2006 at 9:33 AM

Hey Allah, et al:

I ran across this steaming pile in the editorial section of the Houston Chronicle. I’m sorry if this is OT. I just couldn’t control myself. The lies and irony triggered fits of disbelief. It’s a few steps short of a full page ad calling for submission.

SailorDave on October 29, 2006 at 9:40 AM

Dang,

Sorry. Let me see if I can make this work.

SailorDave on October 29, 2006 at 9:41 AM

what else is new from the houston barnicle? If you think The Barnicle is bad, try reading the corpus christi caller times. that’ll really get your blood boiling.

pullingmyhairout on October 29, 2006 at 10:19 AM

oh BTW, did anyone catch the SNL skit last night with Chris Matthews? It featured H. Dean and Mehlman. pretty funny.

pullingmyhairout on October 29, 2006 at 10:21 AM

After today’s appearance on Fox News Sunday, Elizabeth Dole should NOT be allowed back on TV. She was HORRIBLE!!!!

Troy Rasmussen on October 29, 2006 at 10:34 AM

I just saw the news report that last night rioting “youths” in Marseille attacked a bus and set it on fire, severely burning a 26-year-old woman. I swear, I gritted my teeth every time I heard the reporter say “youths”–which was about 17 times in a couple of minutes–and this was on FOX, not one of the dhimmi networks. I’m just wondering how many innocents have to suffer before people have the guts and intellectual honesty to call junior jihadists what they are.

ReubenJCogburn on October 29, 2006 at 11:11 AM

Watching Steele/Cardin on NBC. Steele is quick, smart, funny. His Iraq plan needs some work for coherency, but still, I just simply can’t believe that he’s got a double digit deficit in the polls against that mouth-breather.

yo on October 29, 2006 at 11:59 AM

I thought steele/cardin was about even now?

lorien1973 on October 29, 2006 at 12:14 PM

54/43-ish, from a poll that came out this morning.

Don’t get me wrong, Cardin seems like a good enough guy and all that, but, Steele hit the nail on the head when he decried Cardin as being “old Washington.”

Additionally when he lumped Cardin’s policy motivations as being nothing but “anti-Bush” rhetoric.

yo on October 29, 2006 at 12:36 PM

I believe that Republicans should boycott Meet the Press, Hardball, Face the Nation, all CNN shows, and This Week.

They are openly pro-Democratic Party biased and need to be called upon it.

georgej on October 29, 2006 at 7:38 AM

Yeh, what you said georgej.

These programs are nothing more than campaign ads of the Dems, for the Dems and by the Dems.

fogw on October 29, 2006 at 12:38 PM

given the past few polls that have the Steele-Cardin race pretty much a dead heat, the Post poll seems like an outlier.

cms on October 29, 2006 at 1:02 PM

54/43-ish, from a poll that came out this morning.

Geesh. I was hoping for him to pull that out. Guess not. I coulda sworn 46/46 last week. Maybe I’m confusing races. Oh well. I was lookin’ at http://www.electoral-vote.com this morning. House looks to be gone; Senate still is a tossup.

lorien1973 on October 29, 2006 at 1:03 PM

My favorite moment of the entire week???

When Steele was NOT invited to the NAACP gathering of people running…..

Yep… NAACP discriminating against a BLACK person…

He showed up anyway, and got to speak….

But can you say…. hypocracy???

Romeo13 on October 29, 2006 at 1:10 PM

Saw Boehner on “this week”. Boehner had to interrupt constantly, got a few points made.

Couldn’t watch the other two-they’re just milking TV coverage for lack of talent.

tormod on October 29, 2006 at 12:59 PM

SailorDave on October 29, 2006 at 9:40 AM

Look who wrote it… Yvonne Ridley? Please. She is a total extremist propaganda mouthpiece.

BadBrad on October 29, 2006 at 1:35 PM

Romeo:

The NAACP doesn’t see Steele as black anymore. He is not playing the right card. God forbid an intelligent black man rises in political stature without bowing to the Sharpton/Jackson altar of perpetual victimhood. I admire Steele. I am a white, middle-class, conservative Southerner. It seems like I am less of a racist than I was told.

I remember the words of Dr. King’s dream. I printed the text for my children, and it hangs in a prominent place in our family room. I judge a man on the content of his character instead of the color of his skin. My children are Anglo-Asian beauties. Their skin does not match mine, nor does their mother’s. Dare anyone call me a racist or xenophobe.

The liberals would do well to re-read this beautiful speech and try to learn something from it.

Where is the true racism these days?

SailorDave on October 29, 2006 at 1:50 PM

Brad:

As the father of three girls, I found it as offensive as anything I could have possibly read. I don’t wish hell upon Ms. Ridley because I fear she has already wrapped herself in it.

SailorDave on October 29, 2006 at 3:13 PM