Video: A very raaaaaacist HamNation

posted at 5:03 pm on October 27, 2006 by Allahpundit

She’s white. She’s from the south. She criticizes Harold Ford.

Racist.

Click the image to watch, then come back and watch the nutroots remix of the RNC’s anti-Ford playmate ad — paying particular attention to their take on the hunter. Below that you’ll find a little vignette from the campaign trail that was uploaded to YouTube earlier this afternoon. Can’t say I blame them for what happens; being followed around would try anyone’s patience.

Exit question: does Ford realize that Australia is on our side?

ham-race.jpg

Comments

Who is “Harld Ford”?

HARLD?

Lone Star on October 27, 2006 at 5:15 PM

Exit question: does Ford realize that Australia is on our side?

Maybe he confused it with Austria…/sarc

Entelechy on October 27, 2006 at 5:19 PM

Ford also thinks NO KO set off two nukes. from AU link-

“On North Korea, he claimed Pyongyang had conducted two nuclear tests, the first of which he said occurred on July 4.”

Does anyone really want this guy in the Senate? Scares me.

shooter on October 27, 2006 at 5:25 PM

You know, I used to be racist, then I began voting Democrat and instantly I became an open-minded person, tolerant of the rich tapestry of ethic diversity that characterizes this country. I now respect people no matter what their color or creed, all thanks to becoming a Democrat.

Except for that Clarence Thomas. That negro just doesn’t know his place.

Enrique on October 27, 2006 at 5:28 PM

Once again, MKH kicks ass. Her intro segments rule!

thirteen28 on October 27, 2006 at 5:31 PM

I had read about the ‘jungle drums” and didn’t bother to listen after Greg reading Sargents ridiculously pretentious and strained quote – sort of said it all.

So I was floored, when after ad number 2 was played, Ham identified it as the “jungle” drum ad…I played it 3 times and not only did I not really detect the massive increase of volume it was supposed to have as Ford’s name is mentioned as Greg insists, I didn’t hear any drums period.

Topsecretk9 on October 27, 2006 at 5:49 PM

Why is it that precieved racism is only aginst blacks? and almost always initiated by the Republican? Anyone paying attention to what the Dems are doing to Micheal Steele?

conservativecaveman on October 27, 2006 at 5:51 PM

Oh Mary Katherine, how I pine for thee. Thy beauty, thy humor, thy smarts. Swoon!

Farmer_Joe on October 27, 2006 at 5:56 PM

Why is it that precieved racism is only aginst blacks?

Because they were slaves once. That’s the shortest and most accurate answer you’ll ever get to that question.

Anyone paying attention to what the Dems are doing to Micheal Steele?

Yeah, but that’s okay, because Michael Steele doesn’t know his place. And now that I think about it, that Condi seems kind of, you know, uppity.

And NO, that’s not racist, because I’m a Democrat. If I were a Republican and I used to word “uppity” like that, then it would be racist.

Ask Jane Hamsher.

Enrique on October 27, 2006 at 5:58 PM

MKH’s video features a logo with an image that appears to be that of a black man.

The logo also includes the words “Townhall”.

Black men were routinely hung in town squares.

Therefore, MKH is a racist.

The Ugly American on October 27, 2006 at 6:05 PM

In fact…if you look more closely…it appears as though his hands are tied behind his back.

MKH hates black people.

The Ugly American on October 27, 2006 at 6:08 PM

What is all this stuff about Ham. Is that Islamophobic?

Weren’t Africans once referred to as the Sons of Ham?

Draw your own conclusions.

George Bruce on October 27, 2006 at 6:12 PM

I’m white. I’m Southern. I’m female. All that makes me is a realist!

seejanemom on October 27, 2006 at 6:14 PM

I’m white. I’m Southern. I’m female. All that makes me is a realist!

seejanemom on October 27, 2006 at 6:14 PM

No seejanemom, that makes you a racist. Haven’t you been paying attention?

Unless you’re a democrat.

EFG on October 27, 2006 at 6:37 PM

I’m white. I’m Southern. I’m female. All that makes me is a realist!

I’m part white, I’m a native Texan, and I’m a male conservative. What does that make me? It makes me not give a possum’s patooty about any of this “outrage” over political ads.

I don’t vote because of ads. I laugh because of ads.
I vote for someone because of their stance on the issues, but I realize I may be in a minority there.

Lone Star on October 27, 2006 at 6:37 PM

As for the lib break down of the Ford ad. . . Did they bring up black-face?

- The Cat

MirCat on October 27, 2006 at 6:41 PM

Whoever edited the second video can’t spell “organizational.”

Corky on October 27, 2006 at 6:43 PM

Actually, since we are all posting comments on this extreme rightist blog, we are all white racists. And those of us who are not actually white, are still white because race is a construct. For example:

Bill Clinton = black
Michael Steele = white
Halle Berry = black
Tiger Woods = white
John Paul Stevens = black
Clarence Thomas = white
Ruth Ginsburg = mullato
Colin Powell = (pending 2008 presidential endorsement)
Harold Ford, Jr. = black
Any Republican running against Harold Ford, Jr. = please do not stare directly into the whitenss

It kind of sucks living in a country where we can’t all just laugh at this crap by now. Anyway, as far as I’m concerned Harold Ford seems like a decent guy. I’m not rooting against him.

Enrique on October 27, 2006 at 6:54 PM

Third video: Isn’t that assault?

RoveOnVacation on October 27, 2006 at 7:09 PM

If MKH is a race, you’d better believe I have a racial preference.

alflauren on October 27, 2006 at 8:08 PM

They misspelled “Harold” in the second to last time his name appears in text. They used “Harld”. Dopes.

Bellicose Muse on October 27, 2006 at 8:12 PM

I like how they spelled “oragnizational” and “committe” too.

alflauren on October 27, 2006 at 8:29 PM

Bluto Ford Jr: “Did we cut and run when the Australians bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!”

Otter: “Australians?”

Boon: “Forget it, he’s rolling.”

moflicky on October 27, 2006 at 8:41 PM

LOL!!!

The Ugly American on October 27, 2006 at 9:18 PM

Hey MKH, Ford did date a white woman. Scroll down to The Oct 20 entry in Julia Allison’s blog. It doen’t mean a thing to me, but you might be interested in the fact.

Valiant on October 27, 2006 at 10:05 PM

…too true….

…but, man…I can understand Clinton and the black thing. If I were black, I’d raise a fit. We rednecks write him off as white…as in “white trash”. John Paul Stevens black? Ginsberg a mulatto? You don’t think pickaninny in this case…she’s awful small….

Hal Ford DOES seem a decent guy from a bad-news family…the problem is that his family and his party are messing things up for him. Decent because he might be the sort with which you could have honest disagreements. But, his party’s as crooked as a barrel of snakes, and you have to question the decency of a man who stays aligned with villains. Hang in bad company enough and it’s easy to be confused with your runnin’ buddies.

But, it would be a relief one day to laugh all this “climate of fear” stuff off. What would advance that day would be NOT calling “racism” because your opponent used a winking blonde in his ad. Clever ad, that.

One day, maybe…but, so long as the Dems can herd up 89% of the black vote by talking about burning black churches and faux miscegenation, it’s still a ways in the future.

Puritan1648 on October 27, 2006 at 10:19 PM

You can’t call the uber-intellectual left on something so mundane as the constant mispelling of everyday words on edited video slides.

They are strong.

They are smart.

And nuanced.

Any day now they will learn how to properly pronounce “Gengis Kahn” too.

On the other hand, they did manage to spell “Aunt Jemima” right.

The Machine on October 27, 2006 at 10:19 PM

I didn’t hear any drums during that Ford ad; I did however keep hearing some music during MKH segments where she was talking and it was almost distracting. What the hell was that?

austinnelly on October 27, 2006 at 10:35 PM

moflicky,

“The important thing is just to enjoy yourself…”

Jaibones on October 28, 2006 at 1:25 AM

Not only are there drums, they are beating out a coded message in tribal drum code. “Domino’s Pizza.” Branding and globalism. Sick!

Apolladora on October 28, 2006 at 5:43 AM

I’m white. I’m Southern. I’m female. All that makes me is a realist!

Oh, oh…and I’m barefoot…I’ve been pregnant. I’m a Baptist. Some Liberal…..help me. I feel the urge to wrap myself in my duvet and go play with matches.

My degree from an Ivy League Puke Palace obviously still isn’t enough to absolve me.

Born a Southerner, die a racist. Liberal tolerance. So inspiring.

seejanemom on October 28, 2006 at 10:12 AM

Sorry, have not licked the BLOCK QUOTE key yet. Must be all that book larnin’ in New Yawk.

seejanemom on October 28, 2006 at 10:13 AM

What’s all this mush about? I finally saw what Harold Ford looks like. As they say on Don Imus, who strongly backs him, the chap is “almost white.” Can he help it if his Daddy is widely believed to be a crook?

gringoman on October 28, 2006 at 11:47 AM

I like Harold, but not enough to support him. Folks in TN will make up their own minds about him, but should he make it into the Senate, it won’t be the end of the Republic as we know it.

Michael Steele, on the other hand, deserves every dollar that like minded GOPsters can send him. He is a rockstar in waiting, and we need guys like him now more than ever.

MKH is hawt. She can read the phonebook and I would still tune into that. Does that make me a bad person? ;-)

itzWicks on October 28, 2006 at 6:01 PM