Hot Air endorses Flip Pidot for NY State Senate

posted at 4:23 pm on October 27, 2006 by Allahpundit

I should probably check with Michelle before endorsing anyone on the site’s behalf, but I’m going to chance this one given the fact that he’s one of our affiliates.

All part of our plan to dominate the blogosphere. Setting up your own PAC to influence elected officials? Smart. Actually partnering with those elected officials? Smarter.

Here’s Flip’s campaign website; you’ll note that it has a donation page. There was a media meet and greet for him last night at the epicenter of New York City’s social scene that I wasn’t able to attend, but many other prominent bloggers were.

Note to Karol: you want the big A there, you know who you have to invite.

kp1022.jpg

Are we even allowed to endorse people, incidentally? The rules about political speech have been a little hazy ever since our Republican Congress made campaign finance law safe for democracy.

mccain-halo.jpg

Comments

I’m honored – thanks, Allah!

flip on October 27, 2006 at 4:31 PM

Hey, KP is always welcome.

By the by, since she reads this site: I’ll be at the next Food for Thought, KP, where I will apologize for mistakingly thinking you were a leftist.

Karol on October 27, 2006 at 4:32 PM

I question the timing…

EFG on October 27, 2006 at 4:33 PM

Cogito Ergo Blogito. That would earn you my vote if I lived there.

DaveS on October 27, 2006 at 4:34 PM

I’d vote for him if I was in New York City…but I’m on the opposite side of the state. What bother’s me is, I don’t even know who the hell is running out here. And finding a site that lists local elections is harder than hell. :(

DakRoland on October 27, 2006 at 4:34 PM

Do we have a picture of “Flip”? I hope he’s not this guy in the center of the picture…

EFG on October 27, 2006 at 4:38 PM

On his blog.

DaveS on October 27, 2006 at 4:41 PM

He’s on the left, here.

And don’t you dare insult my Dorian. :-)

Karol on October 27, 2006 at 4:51 PM

Also here, from the cover of the campaign brochure:

flip on October 27, 2006 at 4:55 PM

Who is hotair endorsing for waterboard commissioner, district 18, in huntsville alabama? ;)

lorien1973 on October 27, 2006 at 4:58 PM

This attack seems politically motivated.

Mortis on October 27, 2006 at 5:12 PM

Ahh, that’s a relief. Naw, I wasn’t insulting Dorian.

Let’s just say I think his hair, indubitably cool and awesome as it may be, might have raised an eyebrow or two on the campaign trail.

But as a peace offering, let me just say that Dorian is probably breaking hearts all over the place.

Flips hair? Not quite as cutting edge. Let’s call it…Senatorial hair.

EFG on October 27, 2006 at 5:16 PM

Haha, ok then, EFG. And Dorian IS breaking hearts. :-)

Karol on October 27, 2006 at 5:56 PM

How do we know Allah isn’t a Glenn Greenwald sock puppet, secretly endorsing a non-Dem candidate as part of some Kosian plot (Kos is the contra Rove)?

I suspect the Illuminati is behind it all.

Bellicose Muse on October 27, 2006 at 8:03 PM

Correction. The rules about political speech have been a little hazy ever since our bi-partisan Congress made campaign finance law safe for democracy.

Buttheads!