Video: Mary Katharine Ham on the left’s “scare” tactics

posted at 7:27 pm on October 25, 2006 by Allahpundit

She kids, but I admit — I’m terrified.

The meme of the day at NRO has to do with dancing in the end zone before the touchdown is scored. Here’s the clip of Bush talking about that at this morning’s presser and squeezing in a dig at the press. Watch it, then click the image below to watch Mary K. Congrats to her and the Townhall gang on their vlog. I’m seriously impressed by what they’ve accomplished in so short a time.

hamnation2.jpg

Comments

MKH probably has to hire someone to take names for her because she’s too busy kicking ass.

Love the intro segment and thought the closeout with Rove (that’s KKKarl to you liberals) was great.

thirteen28 on October 25, 2006 at 7:37 PM

Funny and true.

Scot on October 25, 2006 at 7:50 PM

Funniest. Thing. Ever.

Are Dems actually going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? AGAIN?

Wow. This could be really, really a lot of fun.

Professor Blather on October 25, 2006 at 7:53 PM

Thought this was a better job than the first one she did. Which isn’t surprising, as she becomes more comfortable with this medium and better understands how to use it.

I liked her point saying that the Democrats fear the Republicans more than they do terrorists. I strongly agree with that, and think if you asked that question objectively to most lefties, that’s what they would say. Which is why the Democrats are such hacks. To bring up the great quote that Reagan made in office, “It’s not a question of Left versus Right, it’s a question of Right versus Wrong”

asc85 on October 25, 2006 at 7:56 PM

Excellent Ham Nation. Very creative.

Hey, libs, make sure to watch behind you this Halloween cuz there just might a neo-con sneaking up on ya.

BWAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lone Star on October 25, 2006 at 8:05 PM

Just great! She even got some Judas Priest in there too!

The GOP should have bought every billboard ad, and had Karl Rove’s face on it, with the words, “All of your Diebold’s are belong to us!”

rightside on October 25, 2006 at 8:06 PM

Wow, pretty attractive for a second time… I like the make-up and attire.

ar_basin on October 25, 2006 at 8:14 PM

Y’all created a monster, dude. She’s going to be serious competition.

bdfaith on October 25, 2006 at 8:28 PM

I’m not that good at spotting racism like some of my more sensitive progressive countrymen are. Which is why I was scratching my head and going ‘huh?’ when the left starting saying those drums in the Corker campaign ad were so racist. Heck, I could barely hear them. But drums and black equals some sort of racial taboo. Go figure.

But I was wondering… If instead of using the racist drums on his ad, what if Corker used the same Halloween / Michael Meyers theme song MKH did, and played it whenever Ford was mentioned? Would that be racist? Cuz I’m doing my best to figure this stuff out.

No drums. Just a spooky piano piece. No problem, right?

EFG on October 25, 2006 at 8:30 PM

Y’all created a monster, dude. She’s going to be serious competition.

bdfaith on October 25, 2006 at 8:28 PM

She will be assimilated.

EFG on October 25, 2006 at 8:31 PM

I just can’t get over how cool her intro is…yeah, yeah, it’s been done but she owns Forrest Gump, alright? Anyway, I was struck by something; does MKH even get hate mail? She’s so darn likeable…she’s got the most disarming smile I’ve seen in ages. She could insult you 5 or 6 times with that smile and you wouldn’t even catch it. She had all the right cast of characters, Dean (in his audition clip for access to the Special Ward for the Criminally Insane) Kerry (has the charisma of Frankensteins monster) and the GOP Dark Lord himself, Karl Rove. Was that a backhanded tribute to Mystery Science Theater 3000 for the Harold Ford bit? I thought MKH was too cool for science fiction. Keep them coming…nice job!

austinnelly on October 25, 2006 at 9:18 PM

Conservatives always win elections, even if they lose at the ballot box. Why? We don’t depend on government to bring us happiness. If Republicans are out of office, do we seethe with hate until some get elected? No…we go on with our lives, because we have more productive things to do on this earth than muck around with federal power.

Must go listen to some other music and get Thriller out of my head…

alflauren on October 25, 2006 at 9:55 PM

Extremely entertaining and creative, I didn’t even miss the bar napkins.

infidel4life on October 25, 2006 at 10:00 PM

You just gotta love that Hamster.

Good job MK, I especially liked the Harold Ford part.

Nooooooooo Harold!!!!

BacaDog on October 25, 2006 at 10:51 PM

MKH is one impressive lady.

For those wondering why they should go vote, Newsmax gives you 10 good reasons.

DannoJyd on October 25, 2006 at 11:43 PM

I love Mary Katherine! So true. The over-confident Dems are going to be in for a surprise, I’m sure. Only…an unpleasant surprise. I know a lot of Republicans don’t want to sound confident right now, but I’m not one of them.

thedecider on October 26, 2006 at 12:07 AM

I’m with you, theDecider, and I’ve even gotten myself involved in the grassroots effort again.

Thurs. night I’ll be working on the GOP float, and making phone calls.
On Fri. I’ll be at a gathering where DeVos will be speaking. I’ll get there early to see if they need help setting anything up.
Sat. we will be running an informal parade across my county. I hope my float doesn’t sink.

I’ll be a GOP poll watcher the day of the elections as I was in 04. Those are an experience which I highly recommend for everyone to try at least once. It feels great to be a part of the election process.

DannoJyd on October 26, 2006 at 12:27 AM

This is what happens when you call the game (election) before the clock runs out.

Clicky

- The Cat

MirCat on October 26, 2006 at 1:03 AM

OMG! Way too funny! The Dems taking to the streets/Thriller riff was priceless!

Very nicely done, Mary Katherine.

Pablo on October 26, 2006 at 3:30 AM

I’ve been Hamitized.

iNeXuS on October 26, 2006 at 6:06 AM

Just great! She even got some Judas Priest in there too!

But.. But… Rob Halford’s…..

GAY! OMG!

Anyway, unfortunately I think that music was cut with the original video, not added for the Hamnation edit

Reaps on October 26, 2006 at 6:58 AM

Rock on Hamster!
Where’s my lighter????

seejanemom on October 26, 2006 at 7:45 AM

Nice use of music there. Good job, MKH!

Farmer_Joe on October 26, 2006 at 9:26 AM

Excellent piece of work, Mary Katherine!

The use of “Thriller” was a nice touch opposite Mrs. Lear’s HuffPo “Taking it to the streets” piece. Though George Romero’s classic “Night Of The Living Dead” would have been even more telling!

The Dems’ Playbook has grown more and more monotonous since Rondo Hatton (Bill Clinton) has left the White House.

Jack.

Jack Deth on October 26, 2006 at 10:42 AM

yep, sitting back on my comfy sofa eating popcorn & seeing the devestated looks on the MSMs faces when they fail to take control of the house & senate, that’s what I’m waiting for. Remember how devestated the CNN crew looked at the last election? Priceless!

ekuspa40 on October 26, 2006 at 12:40 PM

Good stuff, indeed, but please tell me that MKH will still be a contributing vlogger here at Hot Air!

thegreatbeast on October 26, 2006 at 12:59 PM

After getting publicly endorsed by Air America co-founder Shelley Lewis, it’s a fair bet that the Vent ladies will be a continuing and growing phenomenon. It blows the View away on so many levels. Content, conduct, and style. On the View, the token conservative (a very brave and stout-hearted woman indeed) is not taken seriously by either the audience or the rest of the panel. On the Vent, KP and her opinion is absolutely considered equal with MM, MKH, and LaShawn. Not only that, the Vent ladies seem to genuinely LIKE each other. Do you think Bawbwa would meet Elisabeth or Rosie (or BOTH!) for a meal outside of business?

I recently decided to email ABC and tell them that neither their shows nor their sponsors will get my attention or dollars until Rosie is fired. In looking for an appropriate contact link I checked the main page of The View. On the left column, under the women’s photos, is a set of email links to the hosts. Well, three of them. You can email Joy, Elisabeth, or Barbara. Rosie’s email link is long gone. I imagine less bandwidth is necessary to stream full episodes of Grey’s Anatomy than to handle Rosie’s negative email traffic.

Freelancer on October 26, 2006 at 4:33 PM

We really need a HamNation fanclub.

Bumper stickers, t-shirts, the works.

infidel4life on October 26, 2006 at 9:19 PM

For those wondering why they should go vote, Newsmax gives you 10 good reasons.

DannoJyd on October 25, 2006 at 11:43 PM

Lower taxes and more dead jihadists would do it for me.

I’d like to have better border control, too, but two out of three ain’t bad.

p.v. cornelius on October 27, 2006 at 2:52 AM

Sooner or later, FNC will give the Hot Air gals a show of their own on the weekends. That day can’t come fast enough.

itzWicks on October 27, 2006 at 8:27 AM

Just great! She even got some Judas Priest in there too!

rightside on October 25, 2006 at 8:06 PM