Video: Madonna explains all about adopted David on Oprah

posted at 8:35 pm on October 25, 2006 by Ian

Sorry to say, but there was no appearance on a cross or even talk about it. This interview was all about baby David, the child Madonna and her husband Guy Ritchie adopted from Malawi. Oprah and the Oprah women were glued to Madonna and her “accent” as she told the story of the adoption, denied rumors, and the real baby daddy’s response.

My favorite part was when Oprah confronted Madonna with the fact she first wanted to adopt an Los Angeles inner-city youth, an idea they supposedly got from Brad and Angelina. Apparently Brangelina and Madonna don’t even know each other. Oh. My. God. Get your tissues ready and watch how it plays out:

Comments

Whoah.

For what it’s worth, people who work in the field of adoption here in the U.S. can’t stand what this lady has done.

EFG on October 25, 2006 at 8:41 PM

Maddona.

Deus ex machina?

Or just someone who wanted a kid, and didn’t care if that kid had a father or not?

I mean really, there are so many orphans out there who had NO parents. Why was it so important for you to have the one who did have a parent?

Oh well. At least Maddona feels pleased. And that is what’s important here.

EFG on October 25, 2006 at 8:50 PM

I don’t think what she is going through is going to make people not want to adopt kids. My husband and I have talked about adopting but we can’t afford to. Let me be clear: We can afford to actually care for a child, but we can’t afford the cost of the adoption itself. My hubby is really turned off because to him it seems like buying a baby. It’s really a shame.

Hey, I have an idea for Madonna- she can pay my adoption fees and I’ll gladly give a home to a child in need! How’s that for helping? (Of course she would probably require a contract that made sure I would teach the kid about kabbalah)

rbos on October 25, 2006 at 8:53 PM

“David” or Jesus?

AndrewsDad on October 25, 2006 at 8:58 PM

I have expected Madge to break out a crown and scepter.

The Ugly American on October 25, 2006 at 9:01 PM

have = half

The Ugly American on October 25, 2006 at 9:02 PM

Brit poseur skank. Just because Angelina adopted a brown kid doesn’t mean that everybody has to–they’re children, not fashion accessories. Think what all the money she’s spent trying to buy this kid could have accomplished if she’d just quietly helped some orphans instead of turning the whole thing into a circus. But once a media whore, always a media whore.

Speaking of which, 20 years ago we were telling this joke about Madonna:

Q: What’s the difference between Madonna and the Statue of Liberty?

A: Not everybody has been up inside the Statue of Liberty.

(Thank you. I’ll be here all week. And make sure to tip your waitresses.) ;)

ReubenJCogburn on October 25, 2006 at 9:10 PM

Madonna “gives” the boy a “life?” How gracious of her.
She’s a lady now, you know. And David’s father?

Scotsman on October 25, 2006 at 9:10 PM

The poor kid was in the orphanage since he was two weeks old. He survived TB and Malaria no one from his family came to visit. He was an orphan. This was a good deed, dont make it something its not.

infidel on October 25, 2006 at 9:20 PM

Let’s be clear about one thing here. There are plenty of children waiting for adoption. This idea that there is a shortage of children is complete crap. Most orphans “age out” of the system.

What people want is an infant child of their own race, with no physical defects or health issues.

Well no duh. Everyone wants that.

But what about the teenaged orphans? Let me tell you, the agencies are frickin’ swamped with teenagers who need and want adoption. Kids with medical issues? Yeah, we got plenty of those too. Mental issues? Hell, every frickin’ kid who has been in the system for more than three months has mental issues.

We talk a lot about how we don’t like abortion. We talk about how abortion is wiping out all the kids who would have been born with downs syndrome and we say that is bad. Well, we got plenty of downs syndrome kids who need to be adopted. But let me tell you, no-one, except some real angels out there are willing to adopt those kids.

You all want kids?

Here ya go. They’d love to hear from you all. Literally.

Michael, aged 6

Keith, aged 16

Antoine, aged 19

Rosamaria, aged 11

EFG on October 25, 2006 at 9:22 PM

She’s like a counterfeit Princess Di. Execept the forger only got a junior high print shop education.

sonnyspats1 on October 25, 2006 at 9:24 PM

I feel she’s full of crap! “oh, I’m getting bad press, I need to do something that shows I care about someone other than myself” “where’s Britney I need another lip lock” Each time I hear her talk I feel the need to put on some hip boots!

ChrisIansNana on October 25, 2006 at 9:28 PM

I noticed the British accent was gone by the end of the above segment. Jolly good accessory in the beginning, though.

eucher on October 25, 2006 at 9:29 PM

Spell check. Except

sonnyspats1 on October 25, 2006 at 9:31 PM

Spell check. Except

Firefox 2.0. Now featuring Inline spell checking: A new built-in spell checker enables users to quickly check the spelling of text entered into Web forms without having to use a separate application.

Stephen M on October 25, 2006 at 10:34 PM

Seriously, who really gives a crap what these self-absorbed “pay attention to me” freaks do?

Sure, she took some kid from the shithole called Malawi. Been there many times and it for sure isn’t NYC.

The sad part is in about 20 years we will see another screwed up kid hosting Saturday Night Live.

BacaDog on October 25, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Oh, well that makes it ok then. Forget the Emancipation Proclamation, Oprah has absolute moral authority!

Tony737 on October 25, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Why the phony accent? It’s sad. (She’s from Detroit) Ok, I’ve had my fill of this dish-rag whore.

x95b10 on October 25, 2006 at 10:47 PM

Ok, I’ve had my fill of this dish-rag whore

Heh — copy that five by five.

But, let’s all be honest, here. The kid won the lotto, only it’s bigger than any of the other lottos. One day he’s sick in an orphanage with no family to visit or care for him, and the next day he’s a member of the Forbes 1000 richest families in the world.

Sure, money isn’t everything, and BacaDog is probably right: the left-nutty media could make the kid into a crack-smoking actor-whore on SNL. But if he has an inner strengh of character, somehow, he could also become a genuine force for good, cause he’ll have all the resources anyone could want. And he probably won’t die of malaria.

But, his Mom will still be a dishrag skank that molests herself in public for money, but now with a fake Brit accent and a Scottish castle. So…

Jaibones on October 25, 2006 at 10:57 PM

I just can’t get past Madonna’s hair. Surely she can spend a few bucks for some touchup. I feel for Madonna’s two natural children. It has to be somewhat upsetting to know that Mom is bringing another child into the family. Hopefully, David will grow up healthy, happy and good. It could happen.

Laura Lee Donoho on October 25, 2006 at 11:16 PM

Here is the Daily Express story that said she went to the Vista del Mar Child And Family Services Clinic to adopt and got talked out of it. It could be easy to check out if she or the paper is lying.

Nice to see she is taking Brit accent lessons from Kevin Costner.

Ripclawe on October 25, 2006 at 11:27 PM

I swear I just heard Natalie Maines, Dixie Chick, on Larry King Live say that anybody that wants to criticize Madonna by citing concern for children should realize there are plenty of children to worry about in Iraq.

MayBee on October 25, 2006 at 11:34 PM

When will we be rid of this slut? From the stringy trailer park perm replete with dark roots to the attempts to cover up her native accent, I really can’t stand the sight of this “woman”. The only thing more over-the-top than her concerts must be her incredible arrogance to believe she has the power to give anyone a better life. Can anyone imagine what kind of neglected life this poor child would have being passed off to nanny’s, etc…? This sad, dying, 80’s “icon” must go!

thedecider on October 26, 2006 at 12:02 AM

The fashion statement of the year must be to have a black baby draped about your body.

“Doprah” gives this phony whore a pass.

doingwhatican on October 26, 2006 at 3:44 AM

I’m no Madonna fan, but for the love of pete, who cares if Madonna adopted Michael J Fox.

There is an election coming up.

iNeXuS on October 26, 2006 at 4:17 AM

WTF is with that faux-British accent? What a vapid superstar life she’s leading! What white-trash, whitewashed, brainwashing that aging chick is dripping with!

Jeremayakovka on October 26, 2006 at 6:29 AM

Where is the outcry about the racism and classism in her METHOD of “adopting” her new child toy publicity pawn.

Adopting white American children by white Americans is SOooo five minutes ago.

Madonna is so old fashioned. She adopted her latest child in such a quaint way. She bought an adorable black baby from a line up and had him shipped back to her home by a third party. They havn’t done it that way since the 17oo’s.

I’m sure his arrival was much more comfortable than it would have been in Colonial times. And his life with MamaMadonna soooooo much “better” than anything he could hope for in dirty old Africa. He will be automatic “house” without even having to practice with white gloves. And he coordinates so nicely with all that black leather she wears. HOT AIR details how The Material Girl scores another toy.

When you are only worth $248 MILLION dollars, I guess adopting the whole family would be too much to ask her her nanny to carry around on her hip.

seejanemom on October 26, 2006 at 8:08 AM

So… let me see if I’m getting this liberal point-of-view right: It’s not okay for the US to decide that democracy is the best way of life for opressed people in Islamic countries? Contrariwise, it’s perfectly fine for Madonna to “give a life” to a little African boy by taking him from his family? Sound about right?

Sure, what Madonna did was nice… in a way… I guess. But she really needs to stop tooting her own horn. She could have just as easily “saved the life” of a kid who didn’t already have a family… and I’m sure she didn’t have to go as far as Africa to find one. This to me is typical Hollywood BS. They’re so concerned about poverty in other countries, but don’t care about the poverty right there in their hometown. Why? Because it’s not nearly as trendy to give a damn about that…

thepuke on October 26, 2006 at 8:25 AM

I’m not a fan of Madonna either, but I think she did a great thing, and can’t understand all the criticism she’s receiving. I see no downside in what she did.

As for the faux accent, it bothered me at first too. However, if you’re living in a place with a different accent for a long period of time, I find you start assimilating/incorporating that accent into how you speak. Many of my Northern friends who move down South develop a Southern accent, but when they come back North, or speak to their Northern friends on the phone, they adjust back to their original accent. If you notice, at the end of Madonna’s interview, her British accent had all but disappeared.

asc85 on October 26, 2006 at 8:38 AM

She looks more and more like a shrieking ghoul as the years go by.

Must be the English water.

Black Adam on October 26, 2006 at 9:05 AM

Yawn…

Wade on October 26, 2006 at 10:03 AM

She bought a child out of poverty. No that is not a mis-spell. He will make a good pet, she will show him off as a model of her virtue. He will be educated and groomed, just like any other quality house slave. He will be a great asset to her corrupt life. What a great trophy.
P.S. Too bad about the dad, he is to stupid and poor to take care of his child, he is just an ignorant black fool.
That is the message from Mad-donna.

right2bright on October 26, 2006 at 10:10 AM

She is on the list of those who need to never be seen again… period. Whoever bought her crap or gave her money in any way should be ashamed of themselves…
disgusting..

retired on October 26, 2006 at 10:45 AM

And Oprah can go to Hell. SMART women don’t admit they watch her crap. Talk about mind-numbed robots. I love when they cut to a screen shot of the audience applauding like Brown Shirts.Some of them actuly drool. Idiots all.

seejanemom on October 26, 2006 at 11:40 AM

Apparently, heroin hasn’t been kind to the old girl.

Readymade on October 26, 2006 at 11:47 AM

I can tell ya how to make Davids Dad say “no.” Just hand him a copy of Madonnas book Sex and a couple of her music videos.

Shes a freak.

gradyman on October 26, 2006 at 12:05 PM

I just watched the clip. It is not the entire interview. Look people she adopted an orphan. His mother died of AIDS. His father abandoned him. Like Madonna said (paraphasing) “alot of adoptions take place where both parents are still alive”. Yes if more of us were less selfish there would be less unwanted kids around. I dont agree with Madonna on alot of things but this kid will now have a better life.

infidel on October 26, 2006 at 12:24 PM

*wiping tears*

I felt the same way after reading “Where the Red Fern Grows” as I did after viewing this clip.

Amazing how liberals never seem to be on a waiting list for adoption – just steal a child! Then, get on a left-leaning show and be portrayed as a conqueror…. I meant hero.

Oh, St. Madonna with your new English accent.

Fargus on October 26, 2006 at 12:29 PM

I was aggravated about this whole publicity stunt adoption but now that Her Royal Holiness Queen Oprah the Great has given it her imprimatur, I repent of my misgivings.

Put the Mother Teresa canonization cause on hold and get started on Saint Madge. Move over Mary, we’ve got another Madonna on the way.

irishsquid on October 26, 2006 at 1:26 PM

BacaDog got it right about Madonna.

And add self-righteous to self absorbed.

georgej on October 26, 2006 at 1:44 PM

God, making fun of celebrities is so much easier now, thanks to the internets.

el75 on October 26, 2006 at 4:25 PM

Is it true at the end of the Oprah and Madonna interview, that Oprah gave an African orphaned child to everyone in the audience? She is amazing.

right2bright on October 26, 2006 at 4:38 PM

Logged on here just long enough to say “Who really cares?”

conservativecaveman on October 26, 2006 at 10:17 PM

Anyone notice how Madonna keeps looking down, like she’s reading from a script?

SicSemperTyrannus on October 27, 2006 at 9:56 AM