Chubby media whore to start her own party

posted at 10:03 am on October 23, 2006 by Allahpundit

Their platform calls for less guns and more butter. And lots, lots more ice cream:

Frank: I’ve heard a rumor that you may be looking to start your own third party. Is that true?

Sheehan: Yes, it is true. I think that to save our democracy our country needs a viable and credible third party. This nation was founded on rule by a few rich white males, and for all intents and purposes, we are still ruled by a corporate elite.

We need a third party that will represent all the people, not just the wealthy.

Socialism, in other words. A bold new direction for third parties.

Via Florida Cracker, who wonders why The Man, being The Man, had such a tough go of it in the revolution.

Update: Are people not making the connection between “chubby” and that absurd diet St. Cindy was on? It was a running joke here for months, not to mention the subject of our most popular Vent ever.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’m afraid that BigB’s fearless, substantive dissent has been chillingly crushed by yours truly. He’ll no longer be joining us.

Note to our new trolls (whose ranks are thinning by the moment): insulting Michelle will result in immediate termination.

Allahpundit on October 23, 2006 at 1:07 PM

Alas, Dollydog will no longer be joining us. Fare thee well, nutbar.

Well done.

I mentioned a viable third party in my earlier comment. I meant one that could take advantage of infighting between the current two major parties. I realize there currently are other parties, but none of them are large enough that they are in any way a threat to the current major parties. If a third party was actually large enough that it was perceived as a possible threat, even remotely, the two major parties would have to play a little nicer. Just a thought.

I do strongly believe though, that the “All Cindy, all the time” party would not ever be viable. No basis in reality.

High Desert Wanderer on October 23, 2006 at 1:09 PM

the vast majority are of a particular persuasion that did not exist on this continent during the times of our founding fathers

We were here. Who the hell do you think bankrolled the Revolutionary War? We supplied deli to the colonial troops. We controlled the Constitutional Convention and wrote the Federalist Papers. We even put the right to abortion on demand into the Bill of Rights.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on October 23, 2006 at 1:09 PM

Attila the Pillage idiot wrote: “We supplied deli to the colonial troops.”

Guffaw!

Yep, and my ancestors supplied the gyros….

georgej on October 23, 2006 at 1:13 PM

Allahpundit on October 23, 2006 at 1:07 PM

Ok but we can still insult you, right?

I do get a kick out of some of these threads: things are going along just fine..da,da,dee,da..then someone crazy comes along and wham bam thank you ma’am. Oh the humanity….

honora on October 23, 2006 at 1:19 PM

Ok but we can still insult you, right?

Heh. Yeah, within reason. Constantine hasn’t been banned. Yet.

Allahpundit on October 23, 2006 at 1:21 PM

honora,

Have you thrown your terrible towel in the trash and set it on fire yet?

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 1:24 PM

Entelechy on October 23, 2006 at 12:34 PM

No harm meant shooter, but I’d rather AP & Co deal with this on a one-on-one basis, on the demerits.

I was hoping the “Island” reference would indicate the joking nature of my comment.
But no harm done, it’s difficult to add humor to static text, and I didnt achieve that very well.

Hey AP, how ’bout a sarcasm / or humor/ or joking tag or something similar? Anything but a smiley face.

shooter on October 23, 2006 at 1:25 PM

What’s :-) wrong :-) with :-) smiley :-) faces?

:-)

Slublog on October 23, 2006 at 1:26 PM

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

shooter on October 23, 2006 at 1:29 PM

I’ll never understand the need for people to come to this website “Michelle’s House” and urinate on the floor.

There are much better ways to try and point out what you may perceive as hypocrisy, other than by channeling Wonkette.

E L Frederick on October 23, 2006 at 1:30 PM

When AP opened the flood gates, I think some of the DU crazies made their way in – just for kicks, I guess. Oh well, see ya – go back to where you all can hate us and each other.

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 1:33 PM

Allahpundit on October 23, 2006 at 1:07 PM

Oh, and just in case you’re not aware; insulting the lovely KP will not score you any points with AP either! :-)

dalewalt on October 23, 2006 at 1:33 PM

honora,

Have you thrown your terrible towel in the trash and set it on fire yet?

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 1:24 PM

Hey, wait a sec… are you talking about The Terrible Towel? As in Myron’s? If so, watch it bub! :-)

(Although it pains me to realize that I may be agreeing with Honora on something; ESPECIALLY if it’s the Stillers.)

dalewalt on October 23, 2006 at 1:35 PM

Why are there so many people in the world that are more than willing to take up the mettle of ‘the Victim’? “It’s the evil corporations”, “It’s Bush’s fault”, “A few rich white men”.

I’ve got a newsflash for you Cindy, without those ‘few rich white men’ you most likely wouldn’t be here today.

Tyrs Fury on October 23, 2006 at 1:36 PM

Clearly the wrong Sheehan died in Iraq.

Viper1 on October 23, 2006 at 1:38 PM

Fargus, you forgot the Hot Air party

Ropera on October 23, 2006 at 1:44 PM

dalewalt, you and honora do have the paper curtain in common – I’m sorry. I could be worse – it could have been one of our dearly departed crazies instead that you had something in common with.

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 1:49 PM

honora,

Have you thrown your terrible towel in the trash and set it on fire yet?

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 1:24 PM

Not yet. Watch out for Eli.

honora on October 23, 2006 at 1:53 PM

Has that broad every heard of something called “Sunblocker”? She has more wrinkels then ______ (fill in the blank).

Hilts on October 23, 2006 at 1:53 PM

Allah, meet the new trolls. Trolls, meet the sword of Allah.

Kid from Brooklyn on October 23, 2006 at 1:53 PM

I suggest the part be called the Whigged Out Party.

That might have already been suggested.

Donnah on October 23, 2006 at 1:54 PM

We shall see.

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 1:55 PM

I guess Lew Rockwell (and Pat Buchenwald and David Duke) would support her.

Hilts on October 23, 2006 at 1:56 PM

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 1:49 PM

That may have been preferable; then I wouldn’t be constantly reminded of the situation.

Sigh. Honora, to show my respect for a fellow Steeler fan, I promise to try not to verbally smack you around TOO badly with my superior wit and intelligence.

dalewalt on October 23, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Someone already beat to the “Whigged Out Paryt,” eh? Guess it’s like they say, there’s nothing new under the sun.

Hey, Fargus, what about the Never Ending Party? Whoooo!

Indy Mark on October 23, 2006 at 2:03 PM

Great… we’ll have the Donkey, the Elephant, and the Moonbat…

E L Frederick on October 23, 2006 at 10:09 AM

How about Batboy from the tabloids?

allie on October 23, 2006 at 2:07 PM

They let Steelers fans in here?

*sigh*

Could be worse, I guess. We could be deluged with Eagles fans.

Slublog on October 23, 2006 at 2:13 PM

Once you let Cowgirl fan in, it all goes to hell anyway.

Kid from Brooklyn on October 23, 2006 at 2:15 PM

Them’s fightin’ words, Kid.

Sure, the Cowboys are full of prima donnas and unindicted felons, but they’re America’s Team.

I was born in Texas. I have no choice.

Slublog on October 23, 2006 at 2:17 PM

dalewalt on October 23, 2006 at 1:59 PM

..for which I shall be eterally grateful….

;^)

honora on October 23, 2006 at 2:20 PM

I was born in Texas. I have no choice.

Slublog on October 23, 2006 at 2:17 PM

There is always a choice, but to choose another team makes it the wrong choice.

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 2:26 PM

Attila the Pillage idiot wrote: “We supplied deli to the colonial troops.”

Guffaw!

Yep, and my ancestors supplied the gyros….

georgej on October 23, 2006 at 1:13 PM

And mine the booze (Scottish/Irish).

infidel4life on October 23, 2006 at 2:28 PM

I was lucky, though. I started becoming interested in football, and the Cowboys, in the Tony Dorsett/Tom Landry years.

Slublog on October 23, 2006 at 2:29 PM

I just have this feeling that one day Cindy is going to come out of the closet and reveal she has a “Wife!” Somebody she met at Camp Casey III. Then they’ll want to adopt a baby and name him Casey of course. Then she will become Rosie’s running mate for the 08′ run. Yikes!

Drtuddle on October 23, 2006 at 2:33 PM

This is really not much of a shock. I don’t know I read that “American Mourning” this weekend and I have more pity than contempt for her I guess but she’s clueless. A viable third party wouldn’t be a bad thing, not just the one she’s wanting. I think there are a lot of people in the middle who don’t like how the neo-cons have hijacked our party or how the kos kids have hijacked the democratic party.
Thanks to BadBrad.

Catie96706 on October 23, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Honora, did you mean enterally? freudian slip? :-)

Slublog, ONLY TEXANS called the Cowboys ‘Americas team’…hate to burst your bubble.(and AP’s)
Well ok, Texans and the MEDIA. ouch.

shooter on October 23, 2006 at 2:44 PM

Well ok, Texans and the MEDIA. ouch.

shooter on October 23, 2006 at 2:44 PM

Another strike against the MSM

dalewalt on October 23, 2006 at 2:48 PM

At least demonstrate superior intelligence to your quarterback, and remember to wear a frickin’ helmet when you ride the two-wheeled monster…

Lehuster on October 23, 2006 at 2:48 PM

Them’s fightin’ words, Kid.

Fight’s tonight, Slu.

Kid from Brooklyn on October 23, 2006 at 2:49 PM

Fight’s tonight, Slu.

In the immortal words of John Kerry: “Bring…….It…….On….”

Slublog on October 23, 2006 at 2:53 PM

Re: the headline..

I don’t mind the “whore” part…it’s the “chubby” part that bothers me…as I’m eating my double cheeseburger. Are you trying to lower my self-esteem?

the-gunslinger on October 23, 2006 at 2:53 PM

No, the chubby thing goes back to Cindy’s diet. Are you guys not making that connection?

Allahpundit on October 23, 2006 at 2:54 PM

Lehuster, Ben was an idiot; riding one of the fastest production bikes without a helmet… yikes. I can’t image ever riding w/o one. This face ain’t much, but it’s all I’ve got.

dalewalt on October 23, 2006 at 2:54 PM

Hmmm…seems the banning frenzy is picking up steam.

MarkB on October 23, 2006 at 2:57 PM

Are you guys not making that connection?

Dude, a lot of them are Steelers fans. :-)

Slublog on October 23, 2006 at 2:57 PM

Yeah, she’s gained at least 30 pounds on her fast

Catie96706 on October 23, 2006 at 2:58 PM

Cindy’s son was noble, patriotic, and a hero. He must have been adopted.

infidel on October 23, 2006 at 3:02 PM

Can someone explain how Socialists could differentiate themselves from liberals and “progressives” in an election?

I mean, seriously. They are the. same. party.

RightWired on October 23, 2006 at 3:03 PM

shooter, to be sure you’re one of the ones I adore on this board. You’re in that club of mine, and yes, humor is never far. And wit. And reality. And brains. And anything opposed to: tyranny, hypocrisy and foolishness, in that order.

honora, don’t you just love your friends on this board? I can’t imagine you having more daily fun on one of the very leftie boards. Regards,

Entelechy on October 23, 2006 at 3:04 PM

GregH, I am just amazed that anytime some moonbat makes another ridculous statement you are almost always the first responder, ironic don’t you think.

riccangolf on October 23, 2006 at 3:07 PM

Cindy’s son was noble, patriotic, and a hero. He must have been adopted.

infidel on October 23, 2006 at 3:02 PM

He wasn’t adopted but lived with his (conservative) father and very nice stepmother. Volunteered for the service, then volunteered to go back for a 2nd time. This infuriates her more than anything.

She really is a tragic figure, whom the left took advantage of until she became a liability. Now they don’t know what to do with her. On a human lever one feels for her and she really needs help. Doesn’t know how to separate from the long since passed 15 min. of TV glory.

On the “rich men” – isn’t Hugo Chavez filthy rich? how about Kerry, Moore, Streisand, the Kennedys, Pelosi, etc.?

If I’d start on socialism and the left, there wouldn’t be enought memory on this site to cover. A trilogy would be too short. Alas, let it be Entelechy. Just mumbling to self.

Entelechy on October 23, 2006 at 3:10 PM

Correction – s/b “on a human level”

Entelechy on October 23, 2006 at 3:26 PM

Sorry, Cindy, but your Warholian 15 minutes were up, like, 45 minutes ago.

mojo on October 23, 2006 at 3:26 PM

That’s too bad, Kid – I was hoping you were a Jets’ fan. Oh well, you’re right, the fight is on tonight – the G-girls better bring their A-game.

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 3:32 PM

Sorry, Cindy, but your Warholian 15 minutes were up, like, 45 minutes ago.

mojo on October 23, 2006 at 3:26 PM

I think it’s more like a year or two ago.

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 3:34 PM

hate to burst your bubble.(and AP’s)
Well ok, Texans and the MEDIA. ouch.

shooter on October 23, 2006 at 2:44 PM

I think AP is a Deadskins’ fan – sorry for your loss(es).

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 3:36 PM

Shooter,
Use /sarcasm (at least until they put up tags) For example.

“Cindy S is a great mother. Clap…Clap…Clap…” /sarcasm

Some real geeky people use /sarcsm “Cindy S is a great mother. Clap…Clap…Clap…” /sarcasm off

It clears up some confusion.

And Lo, the trolls did come, but Allah the meriful smote them with his mighty sword “Bann Stick” and cast them unto the fires of hell where they burned with the infidel!”

Wyrd on October 23, 2006 at 3:43 PM

There is only one Malkin, and Allah is her webmaster…

E L Frederick on October 23, 2006 at 3:55 PM

Allahpundit-I think he means DA JOOOOOOOOOOOS!

Hard to read it any other way.

WriterMom on October 23, 2006 at 4:06 PM

Liberals are allowed to have money. Only the nasty conservatives must be poor.

BTW- Go Eagles!

bookwurm322 on October 23, 2006 at 4:06 PM

Now-everyone DANCE or you won’t get your next stinking cheque from the ZOG.

WriterMom on October 23, 2006 at 4:07 PM

Go Broncos !

Starblazer on October 23, 2006 at 4:08 PM

The Vent about the Cindy diet was hilarious. What a diet! What a concept.

WriterMom on October 23, 2006 at 4:09 PM

Great… we’ll have the Donkey, the Elephant, and the Moonbat…

LOL! Excellent!

As a Republican, this is excellent news. The creation of a third part will seriously weaken Democrat clout and votes. It’s the same way that Nader prevented, or so it was alleged, Democrat gains. Instead of Naderists and Democrats pooling their resources in a collaborative effort to come into power, the Democrats lost votes and Naderites wasted their vote.

We should whole-heartedly support Sheehan’s new party. It means more gains for us, relatively speaking, and more losses for Democrats.

Were one to be partisan, of course.

Muslihoon on October 23, 2006 at 4:10 PM

Wyrd on October 23, 2006 at 3:43 PM

Ahh, I love the smell of burning trolls in the afternoon.

But leave us infidels out of it!

infidel4life on October 23, 2006 at 4:15 PM

thanks , ‘a vital force that directs an organism toward self-fulfillment’

Then is it Bryan? The Dallas fan? The look so much alike from my view point.

Go Broncos !
Starblazer on October 23, 2006 at 4:08 PM

About damn time! Broncos in the big dance!

shooter on October 23, 2006 at 4:21 PM

Before I ban this asshole, I want to make absolutely sure he/she is saying what I think he/she is saying.

You definitely understood what they meant and only pretended to veil, as though simultaneously making a point obvious and allowing an avenue of deniability.

Alas, Dollydog will no longer be joining us. Fare thee well, nutbar.

Pure class there, AP. Better than they deserved.

The rumors grow daily…

Freelancer on October 23, 2006 at 4:23 PM

About damn time! Broncos in the big dance!

Stay off the crack, shooter.

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 4:23 PM

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 3:32 PM

Truth be told, I’m more of a baseball guy…but I can’t walk away from a perfectly fine border skirmish. That wouldn’t be very Brooklynite of me.

Kid from Brooklyn on October 23, 2006 at 4:24 PM

About damn time! Broncos in the big dance!

Stay off the crack, shooter.

See, Rick? We CAN find common ground.

Kid from Brooklyn on October 23, 2006 at 4:28 PM

Jaibones,

I thought I was Steely Dan’s biggest fan, and I confess ignorance. What does the Dan have to do with Sturm/Strum and Drang?

mikeyboss on October 23, 2006 at 4:30 PM

Are you Yanks or Mets?

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 4:30 PM

i still say Indianapolis will be in the Super Bowl, but if Denver can beat the Colts this coming Sunday & have homefield advantage, then Denver will be back in the Super Bowl, but since i’m a AFC fan, so if Denver or Indianapolis are in the Super Bowl, i’m rooting for either one of them.

prediction – AFC Championship : Indianapolis vs. Denver
NFC Championship : Seattle vs. Chicago

Starblazer on October 23, 2006 at 4:47 PM

Starblazer,

Indianapolis or Denver? That seems pretty random. Denver doesn’t seem to have any offense this season (I thought Mike Shanahan was supposed to be an offensive genius – or was that because he had Elway?)

As for the NFC – neither Seattle (spanked by Minnesota) nor Chicago (almost lost to Arizona?) look like they are the teams to beat.

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 4:52 PM

Since this thread has transmogrified into a football fan frenzy (the only connection I can conjure is a similarity between Sheehan’s grille and a former Bronco’s quarterback I always called “horseface”)…

Do I get any points for integrity? I have always been, and continue to be, a Raider fan. I have hated Big Al with a passion since he sat Marcus Allen, but it’s my team. If someone can stay a Cub’s fan, noone has a valid reason to play bandwagon with their loyalty. So I accept my fate, the likely 3-13 season. Still better than being a Cowboys/Broncos/Giants fan. (Steelers and ‘Skins are ok by me)

Freelancer on October 23, 2006 at 4:57 PM

(Steelers and ‘Skins are ok by me)

Freelancer on October 23, 2006 at 4:57 PM

You are okay with the Steelers – even after the Immaculate Reception? I couldn’t do it – that’s like having BDS.

Rick on October 23, 2006 at 5:03 PM

They’re not people, Allah. They’re trolls. Ignorant, clueless trolls.

Ali-Bubba on October 23, 2006 at 5:06 PM

I think a viable third party would be great, but, of course, I mean a viable third party that stands for everything I want. As for a party that speaks to the people…that would be nice, but Americans (as a whole) don’t want that. We like our politics the way we like our sit-coms; short, simple, full of beautiful people (we really need to work on that) and brimming with drama. If a candidate ever really tried to explain a complex policy and their stance on it to us, most of us would change the channel.

Freelancer-Benching Allen was not a good move, but KC appreciated what he did all the same. ;) Go Chiefs!

JadeNYU on October 23, 2006 at 5:45 PM

Who wrote the caption ‘ mission creep’? That alone made my day. Otherwise today was pretty miserable so it’s a big deal. Really.

wcarr on October 23, 2006 at 5:50 PM

Yanks.

Kid from Brooklyn on October 23, 2006 at 6:24 PM

These “damned if ya’ do, damned if ya’ don’t” scenerios are the “real” torture. First, we had to sit back and watch while one poor brain-dead woman was slowly starved to death by her husband (Terry Schiavo). Now, we have to helplessly watch as the media incessantly parades yet another brain-dead woman in front of the television camera (Cindy Sheehan).

Please. I’m begging. Have mercy. I can’t take it anymore. The guys at the Animal House fraternity can water-board me every single day of pledge week, as long as I don’t have to watch one more video segment featuring Cindy Sheehan.

CyberCipher on October 23, 2006 at 6:33 PM

and yet the Broncos are 5-1 Rick.

Starblazer on October 23, 2006 at 6:52 PM

and yes, i know it has to do with the Bronco defense but still, a win is still a win

Starblazer on October 23, 2006 at 6:54 PM

Mike Shanahan is still considered an offense genius & has 2 Super Bowl rings as head coach, how many Super Bowl rings do you have ?

Starblazer on October 23, 2006 at 6:57 PM

Wow! Strange things really are “afoot at the Circle K” when even the Democratic party no longer provides a platform for her insanity. I guess it’s her party and she’ll cry…oh nevermind.

thedecider on October 23, 2006 at 9:10 PM

Classy headline! Up next: Michelle flings her own feces at war widows.

Constantine on October 23, 2006 at 10:59 AM

Oh, Connie. Tut, tut. How anemic. I’m disappointed. You can do much better than that.

Please try again. We know you have it in you.

JimC on October 23, 2006 at 10:51 PM

So I accept my fate, the likely 3-13 season.
Freelancer on October 23, 2006 at 4:57 PM

Only likely after this week, I’d add. The Cards keep showing so much potential to be a mediocre team and yet consistently blow it in the end. I, too, would be foaming at the mouth if I were the head coach.

The only thing I’ll give the Raiders credit for is that though they fail often, they fail spectacularly!

JoeEgo on October 24, 2006 at 12:31 AM

Shehag’s speaking down the road from me this week, and I’m kinda ambivalent about going and giving her any attention. Yet it would be fun to ask “If you knew, Mother Sheehan, that when you say things like describing the terrorists that murdered your son as “freedom fighters” and other traitorous comments like that, if you knew those comments had an effect on troop morale, would you shut your piehole, and if so, for how many minutes? Also, BTW, how many grand are they paying you for tonight’s performance?

atbay on October 24, 2006 at 1:09 AM

Shehag’s speaking down the road from me this week,

atbay on October 24, 2006 at 1:09 AM

Sounds like a great opprotunity to get rid of spoiled vegatables…

E L Frederick on October 24, 2006 at 7:42 AM

Starblazer on October 23, 2006 at 6:57 PM

The team I root for has five (5) super bowl trophies, and pounded your team to earn one of those. However, after last night, I’m not all that proud of my team.

Rick on October 24, 2006 at 11:23 AM