Friday open thread

posted at 3:49 pm on October 20, 2006 by Ian

Here’s a few links the great Allah left:

A dozen House seats definitely gone?

GOP to scaaaaaare the electorate!

Gallup poll: America becoming more pro-gun?

YouTube removes 30,000 clips.

Will Pelosi lead the house if Dems win?

That should get you talking, but if not, here are a few more topics:

• The radical reconstruction of the south after the Civil War was neither radical nor a reconstruction. Discuss.
  • The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy nor Roman nor an empire. Discuss.
  • The peanut is neither a pea nor a nut. Discuss.
  • The Partridge Family was neither a partridge nor a family. Discuss.
  • The Prince of Tides was neither about princes nor tides. Discuss.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

If I remember correctly, all the polls showed Kerry with leads up to about a couple of days before the election. Then when he lost, libs were whining that Bush stole the election because polls had shown Kerry ahead. This seems to be a pattern with polls and is why I don’t trust them.

I’m beginning to think that the polls of the Congressional races are not accurate and are being used to attempt to keep conservative turnout low:
1) Rove seems awfully confident.
2) The media is extremely nervous, hence that headline that Rove wants to “scare” voters.

When the MSM starts to give excuses for why Democrats might not win even though they have already won according to the media’s polls, it shows that they are not so sure of themselves.

Won’t Democrats and the MSM be depressed if they don’t get the House? That is enough motivation to vote in itself.

januarius on October 20, 2006 at 6:18 PM

What will the new derangement be, if the libs don’t win any side in Nov. 2006, or just one? How far can one take BDS? Might it then be RDS or KRDS (Rove or Karl Rove)?

What’s another word for Schadenfreude?

Entelechy on October 20, 2006 at 6:22 PM

What’s another word for Schadenfreude?

Entelechy on October 20, 2006 at 6:22 PM

Olbergasm

BlueStateBlues on October 20, 2006 at 6:24 PM

Pat Tillman’s brother Kevin has something to say about the Iraq war.

Line up to take your pot shots, neocons.

Constantine on October 20, 2006 at 6:30 PM

I read it already Constatine.

I disagree with it.

Big surprise there.

Did you expect me to start screaming and crying and what not?

Did you expect me to call Kevin a coward and a traitor?

Sorry to disapoint.

But enought about me…Let’s talk about you.

Do you want the U.S. to win in Iraq?

EFG on October 20, 2006 at 6:34 PM

I read it too Constantine…I disagree, but he is certainly allowed his voice. I’m sorry for his loss, but he doesn’t have absoulte moral authority, nor do I, or anyone, and the debate will continue as long as people allow there to be a debate.

I love how you use this mans tragedy to try to throw a Zinger at “neocons”…way to Capitalize.

StoutRepublican on October 20, 2006 at 6:38 PM

Thanks to all who played.

Moku o Keawe is the Hawaiian name for the Island of Hawai’i, also named for the State.

Olelo o Hawai’i is the offical language of the state and the only state in our great nation that has a second language, English.

Ua Mau Ke Ea O Ka Aina I Ka Pono.
The Life of the Land is Forever in its Righteousness.
The State Motto.

“NO HABLA ESPAÑOL”.

Kini on October 20, 2006 at 6:39 PM

The Oakland Raiders win this weekend.
The Arizona Cardinals win this weekend.
My MN Vikings score an offensive TD this weekend.
GWB isn’t accused of something.
I don’t drink 14 beers tonight. Or 20 tomorrow. Or 7 on Sunday. Hey’s it’s 80 here and Happy hour time!
I miss seeing Hannity in person in AZ.

Welcome to Fantasy Island……..

Have a great & safe weekend!!

Sarcasm, Just one more service I offer.

VikingGoneWild on October 20, 2006 at 6:46 PM

Tom is applying for a job as a signalman for the local railroad, and is told to meet the inspector at the signal box.

The inspector decides to give Tom a pop quiz, asking, “What would you do if you realized that two trains were heading towards each other on the same track?”
Tom says, “I would switch one train to another track.”

“What if the lever broke?” asks the inspector.
“I’d run down to the tracks and use the manual lever,” answers Tom.

“What if that had been struck by lightning?” challenges the inspector.
“Then,” Tom continues, “I’d run back up here and use the phone to call the next signal box.”

“What if the phone was busy?”
“In that case,” Tom argues, “I’d run to the street level and use the public phone near the station”.

“What if that had been vandalized?”
“Oh, well,” says Tom, “in that case I’d run into town and get my Uncle Leo.”

This puzzles the inspector, so he asks, “Why would you do that?”

“Because he’s never seen a train crash!”

Ugly on October 20, 2006 at 7:01 PM

We are not amused.

Sincerely,

The International Brotherhood of Rail Road Signalmen

EFG on October 20, 2006 at 7:31 PM

Has anyone seen any cajones lying around? I think the left lost theirs.
COJONES – Southerngent.

The left hasn’t any and never did. That’s why the dem men make my skin crawl.

Nor a backbone either.

doingwhatican on October 20, 2006 at 7:34 PM

GOP to scare electorate = GOP to shine the light of truth on the democracks agenda.

elBarto on October 20, 2006 at 7:54 PM

Kini-thanks for the great info! Mahalo.

doingwhatican-I once dated the “perfect” guy. Cute, funny, smart, financially on-top of things, and a political junkie. But for some reason I always got that creepy crawly feeling from him. I thought he was latently homosexual but had not an ounce of reasoning for it. My friends thought I was crazy for ending it, but I found out about a year later that he had become a flaming liberal! That intuition, it’s a scary thing…

NTWR on October 20, 2006 at 7:56 PM

“I’m here for two reasons,” said Vinny Napolitano, a junior political science, political philosophy and American history major. “I have a cousin in Iraq who believes Cindy Sheehan is spitting on his work. Number two is that the College Republicans would like to bring more of a balance of the speakers to SU.”

Vinny must be a Republican yoot.

Hening on October 20, 2006 at 7:57 PM

I still can NOT believe this mess about the 2 guys on 4chan (the stadium bombing “threat”). Anyone who takes anything posted on that site seriously really needs a brain implant, because they lost their ticket in line when God was handing out brains…

SaidinUnleashed on October 20, 2006 at 8:14 PM

Oh, I thought ‘cajones’ was plural for cajun, and you were making some obscure reference to New Orleans.

As in “the ragin’ cojones”? :-)

RD on October 20, 2006 at 8:21 PM

Discussing discus disgusts me.

DaveS on October 20, 2006 at 8:32 PM

There are absolutely no terrorists in Iraq, never has been. Its all a lie.

infidel on October 20, 2006 at 8:34 PM

I think Allahpundit truly has omniscient and all encompassing powers since he has obviously managed to get Kirsten Powers to begin moving to the Dark Side. Everything he said about her moving positions to be closer in line with the conservative way of thinking may not be perfectly correct, but Allah knows that she probably always thought that way all the time anyhow.

Good work, Allah. You almighty powers awe and frighten me. Dude, you rock.

Subsunk

Subsunk on October 20, 2006 at 8:40 PM

Pat Tillman’s brother Kevin has something to say about the Iraq war.

Pat Tillman’s brother… does that mean Ann Coulter’s not allowed to respond to him either (at least without a bunch of people taking special offense)?

Line up to take your pot shots, neocons.

Drat, had my pea-shooter all ready and everything… why’d you have to add “neocons” at the last minute newbie?

RD on October 20, 2006 at 8:42 PM

We all seem to be having a confessional session here (David Cassidy and such), so (if I must) I will reluctantly participate. I am ashamed to admit that I have a blood relative (uncle) that is a whacked-out, animal-rights activist, liberal extremest that listens to Al Franken and Bill Moyers all the time. He thinks Michael Moore is a patriot.

For Christmas, I sent my uncle a talking Ann Coulter doll. (Okay, so I’ve got a mean streak, I admit it.) He promptly used his Mercedes to run over the doll in an attempt to destroy it. He telephoned me and protested that I was unfair to him and all liberals. In the interests of fairness, I sent him a talking Bill Clinton doll for his birthday. You know. The one that says catchy phrases like “Depends on what the definition of ‘is’ is.” and “I did not have sex with THAT woman.” He telephoned me again and threatened to kill me if I ever gave him another doll. He said that Bill Clinton was a Republican conspiracy. He said that he was going to breed the Bill Clinton doll with the remains of the Ann Coulter doll and create a monster. I told him that it was too late. He said “Hows that?” I told him that if he pulled down the pants of the Bill Clinton doll, he would see that the doll was NOT anatomically correct. I explained to him that the Ann Coulter doll had gotten to the Bill Clinton doll first and that she faithfully executed her mission (a la Lorraine Bobbit). He cursed at me and threatened to kill me again.

Anyone know where I can get a Michelle Malkin talking doll? It’s not for me. If it were for me, I’d be just as happy with a MKH doll or a Bethany doll, but a Michelle Malkin doll (being more recognizable by the public at large) is SURE to be more effective (for the purposes of infuriating the whacked-out liberals).

CyberCipher on October 20, 2006 at 8:44 PM

CyberCipher, don’t do the MM doll. Now is the time for you to change tactics. Spend what ever you were gonna spend on the MM doll and use that to make a donation to the NRA or the GOP or some such entity that he hates. When you do, make this donation in HIS name, and request to be put on their mailing list.

Soon his mailbox will be full of their literature…

Let’s say he is totally in favor of abortion. Donate money to a Christian anti-abortion group in his name. Wait for the fun to start!

EFG on October 20, 2006 at 8:56 PM

Anyone know where I can get a Michelle Malkin talking doll? It’s not for me.

CyberCipher, I stand amazed in the presence of your wickedness.

p.v. cornelius on October 20, 2006 at 9:03 PM

Crap! I spoke too soon.

p.v. cornelius on October 20, 2006 at 9:05 PM

The way so many on the right demonize John Murtha, it’s not so far-fetched to thing they’d do the same to Kevin Tillman.

Sure, Coulter can respond, but she’ll probably go on one of her psycho name-calling jags– like calling the 9/11 widows “harpies”. Class act, than woman.

Constantine on October 20, 2006 at 9:27 PM

Random thought… you go to war with the army party you have, not the army party you wish you had. Any cut-and-run conservatives want to comment?

MT on October 20, 2006 at 9:31 PM

Or, you get diverted from the war on terror by the incompetent boob you have, not the president you thought you had.

Or, you invade the Iraq that’s there, not the one you were told was there.

Or, you use napalm to incinerate the civilians in Fallujah who are there, not the insurgents you thought were there.

It’s hard work.

Constantine on October 20, 2006 at 9:50 PM

I’m thrilled to finally get to post to this site. I’ve been lurking here since the day it started. Thanks, Michelle, AP, Bryan, Ian! Ya’ll are doing a great work here.

Anyway, is there a reason why our favorite v-blogger (Bethany at realVerse) doesn’t have a place in the “Hot Links” sidebar? Surely she deserves some kind of permanent recognition here…

Hack Ptui on October 20, 2006 at 9:55 PM

So what do you propose to do, Constatine?

EFG on October 20, 2006 at 9:58 PM

Best Battlestar Galactica EVER tonight.

NEVER would I have guessed what had happened.

Mortis on October 20, 2006 at 10:06 PM

Negotiate a cease-fire, bring all the factions to the table, create a treaty that all parties will abide by, guarantee there will be no permanent bases in Iraq, bring the troops home, give them all lifetime unlimited health care, impeach Bush and Cheney for lying to Congress, fire Rumsfeld, divert war funds toward securing us at home, prosecute Halliburton, KBR and every other contractor guilty of fraud, and make sure nothing like this ever happens again.

Constantine on October 20, 2006 at 10:10 PM

Got you beat… I serenaded a girl in 6th grade w/a popular David Cassidy song… in the hallway of school; in front of a large group of people. Ah, the things we do for true love!

:-)

dalewalt on October 20, 2006 at 4:47 PM

I have one better: I had a cardboard cutout of Shawn Cassidy in my room. you know, the ones that come from the record store? the display? I LOVED IT!!

pullingmyhairout on October 20, 2006 at 10:10 PM

I agree… best episode ever, hands down. And the preview for next week? Whoa.

DaveS on October 20, 2006 at 10:11 PM

I don’t know if this is the answer,

but it sure has a whole lot of good technobabble.

TheSev on October 20, 2006 at 10:12 PM

Y’know, that link thingie doesn’t work.

TheSev on October 20, 2006 at 10:12 PM

Dave, if that show doesn’t sweep the Emmys… or whatever thingie they win for cable…. I may have to go on a jihad…

Mortis on October 20, 2006 at 10:14 PM

We are at war against the Jihad. Wake up Constantine

infidel on October 20, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Constantine on October 20, 2006 at 10:10 PM

boy. sounds like you’ve got that whole thing worked out. I hope you’re being sarcastic. if not, welcome, welcome, our newest troll…

pullingmyhairout on October 20, 2006 at 10:17 PM

No BSG thread tonight? Color me disappointed

JasonG on October 20, 2006 at 10:17 PM

Me too… I came here looking for BSG geeks. Oh, well. Mortis, weren’t the Emmy awards just a couple of months ago? I don’t think BSG won anything.

DaveS on October 20, 2006 at 10:20 PM

what color is disappointed?

pullingmyhairout on October 20, 2006 at 10:25 PM

Thank you, sir! I’m interested in your take on the situation. Are you in favor of the Stay The Course of Failure strategy the president continues to advocate?

Constantine on October 20, 2006 at 10:25 PM

what color is disappointed?

Blue! Zing!

JasonG on October 20, 2006 at 10:27 PM

Ok what do you propose?

JasonG on October 20, 2006 at 10:28 PM

Well Constantine, people demonize John Murtha because he makes false accusations and insults our soldiers in a time of war. He also appears to be even more mentally challenged than Howard Dean. I don’t care if he was once a soldier, or a weed smoking women raping lowlife like Bill Clinton, Murtha deserves every rhetorical groin kick he gets. You don’t get to ride the dirtbag train with no penalty just because you were once a decent human being. Same goes for the 9/11 harpies. They have the same first amendment rights that I do. They don’t have a special ‘my spouse was killed and I’m a raging libtard’ dispensation that allows them to say whatever they want with impunity. I have a newsflash for you Constantine. People die every day. It may not be in a terrorist attack, explosion, or plane crash; it might be some poor bastard out for a walk getting hit by some worthless high school puke cutting class and running home to play with his x-box. Does the family of that poor guy have ‘absolute moral authority?’ Do they get book deals, and talk show bookings? Do they get to bury body parts in the yard of the people that killed their loved one? Or do they just tighten up and hold each other, and try to keep going? Absolute moral authority is a bunch of crap. It’s a political construct used by people to advance a flawed philosophy. The use of widows and veterans is a pathetic attempt to protect it from criticism. Well, guess what? The philosophy still sucks. Any death is a tragedy for those that are close to the one who died. Rather than hide behind ‘absolute moral authority’, why don’t you read the first amendment and polish up your arguements?

austinnelly on October 20, 2006 at 10:28 PM

GOOG at $350 in a month…any takers?
BirdEye on October 20, 2006 at 4:04 PM

Yeah, I’ll take a bunch of that action. I got in at 347 earlier this year and she aint going back for quite a while.

Guns in the house???? Look at my nickname, yeah I’m all for it.
lastly,jeez HA guys(& gals), how long did you leave the door open?

shooter on October 20, 2006 at 10:29 PM

januarius on October 20, 2006 at 6:18 PM

That is it exactly. I think both Conservatives and sane Democrats are missing an historic opportunity. Imagine what will happen if the dems not only lose in November, but lose big. Decisively. Their utterly clueless far left ‘leadership’ will have suffered the ultimate defeat. The sane Democrats could make changes and take their party back.

We’re focused inordinately on the Republicans right now, but did you see the approval numbers for Congress? 16%. That is historically ugly. It’s not just Republicans that 84% of the American Public are unhappy with. I think the People see just how stupid and duplicitious the top liberal leadership actually is. How much of a fifth column for all our enemies they have been and continue to be.

The smartest and best thing for Our Union would be the turning out of the far-leftists who are actively seeking to dismember this Nation. It’s time for us to be more than Democrats. More than Republicans; and Other. It’s time we get together as Americans.

We need to make sure we hand the dems a stinging defeat. Vote American.

techno_barbarian on October 20, 2006 at 10:30 PM

no, but the Byzantine Empire was an empire, WAS Roman (spoke Greek, but since when did the Levant have to make sense)…and it definitely was byzantine….

Puritan1648 on October 20, 2006 at 5:50 PM

True the Holy Roman Empire was not what it professed to be.

However, the Byzantine Empire was Roman. Constantine moved the capital to Byzantium (SP?) and changed the name to Constantinople. They spoke Roman until the third or fourth Emperor after the Empire split and the western part fell the the barbarians. They then spoke Greek. Even though, they still thought of themselves as Roman. Also, they were still the Roman Empire (Eastern). Modern historians bestowed upon them the name Byzantine Empire.

LurP on October 20, 2006 at 10:31 PM

Constantine on October 20, 2006 at 10:10 PM

Good luck with that.

p.v. cornelius on October 20, 2006 at 10:33 PM

Before or after becoming a troll on HotAir?

DaveS on October 20, 2006 at 10:33 PM

JasonG, Constatine already proposed this:

Negotiate a cease-fire, bring all the factions to the table, create a treaty that all parties will abide by, guarantee there will be no permanent bases in Iraq, fire Rumsfeld, divert war funds toward securing us atbring the troops home, give them all lifetime unlimited health care, impeach Bush and Cheney for lying to Congress, home, prosecute Halliburton, KBR and every other contractor guilty of fraud, and make sure nothing like this ever happens again.

Constantine on October 20, 2006 at 10:10 PM

“Negotiate a cease-fire”

Kinda hard to do unilaterally. You see, you can start a fight or a war unilterally, but you can’t do a cease-fire unilaterally.

How do you propose to convince the Jihadist to cease fire?

EFG on October 20, 2006 at 10:35 PM

where is the BSG thread! :(

lorien1973 on October 20, 2006 at 10:37 PM

EFG on October 20, 2006 at 8:56 PM

Crap! I spoke too soon.

p.v. cornelius on October 20, 2006 at 10:40 PM

:-)

dalewalt on October 20, 2006 at 4:47 PM

Heh, I got arrested at an REO speedwagon concert for beatin the bag out of the A holes who wouldn’t stop smoking and blowing it in my face. Hey, it was four against one, and I said please before the fur started to fly, dammit!

Oh yeah, my sis has a Sonny & Cher poster, a Peter Frampton poster and I had THE Farrah poster, you know the one, in the red one piece. Booyah!

Alden Pyle on October 20, 2006 at 10:41 PM

constantine,
first of all, i’m a chick from south texas. call me ma’am. second, i’m exhausted and going to bed.

But, what should we do? we should stay until we stabilize Iraq, train their military and police and then leave. just like we said we would.

pullingmyhairout on October 20, 2006 at 10:42 PM

i had posters of duran duran, covering all the walls in my bedroom.

pullingmyhairout on October 20, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Best BSG episode ever! We need a thread! I have comments!

1-AWESOME – put the Galactica in the atmosphere, launch the fighters and warp out again. Brilliant! Seeing it fall; then warping out at the last second. Kick ass moment!

2-GOOD! – Killing Tigh’s traitor wife. She deserved it.

3-SICK OF IT – Religious robots! Sick of em, hate em! More Tinheads; less hot chick “robots”

4-NEEDED TO DIE – Baltar! Kill that M-F’er!

5-SAD – Seeing Pegasus’s landing bay blow off from the ship. Brought a tear to my eye, even if it did take out a Cylon Base Ship.

Best episode over. Tactics are debatable, but its just a show.

lorien1973 on October 20, 2006 at 10:47 PM

I had a life size poster of Shaun Cassidy on top of my canopy bed so he was the first and last thing I saw every morning. Then in college I had a giant Journey poster on my ceiling until one of my sorority sisters stole it & replaced it with a Duran Duran one. In 1976 I was a rebel and put up that 1776 Kiss poster and my father took it off my door and put it in the fireplace. 1978 I actually saw Shaun Cassidy in concert at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin which was my 8th grade graduation present from my little brother.

Catie96706 on October 20, 2006 at 10:56 PM

I wish I had a great voice. I will sing a great song–a song about suffering. Let’s liberate the world from infidels.
To be united again, give every liberal a hug. and a kiss.

Ouabam on October 20, 2006 at 10:57 PM

Dallas Stars Rock!

Down 3-1 early. Came back and finished up with two goals in the last minute to take the game 5-4! Great game!

techno_barbarian on October 20, 2006 at 11:10 PM

create a treaty that all parties will abide by

and

“Negotiate a cease-fire, bring all the factions to the table”

Constantine on October 20, 2006 at 10:10 PM

constantine, do YOU even hear yourself? Or are you that out of touch with reality?

shooter on October 20, 2006 at 11:11 PM

Negotiate? Neville Chamberlain tried that once. ONCE. How’d THAT work out?

“Just give me the Sudatenland and I won’t invade Poland.”

“Um, ok.”

“Just give me Czechoslovakia and I won’t invade Poland”

“Peace in our time!”

Why don’t YOU go over there and ‘negotiate’ with these animals? Then we can post a shot of your head on HotAir.

Go talk to the savages who think they get rewarded in Heaven for killing you. That’ll look real nice on your gravestone…

“Here lies the headless body of ‘Constitine’, the brave soul who wanted nothing more than peace in our time.”

Tony737 on October 20, 2006 at 11:15 PM

Gas 1.99 in Houston!

Ropera on October 20, 2006 at 11:33 PM

…first of all, Connie, what color is the sky in your world?

(bloody-minded blog follows):

1) Forget about all of this “You don’t win battles of terrorism with more battles” malarky. (Az 9/11 memorial pap…who writes this crap?)

2) Crush the Islamists, whether indigenous, Iranian or tourists. You fight terrorism with terror. Make it too expensive a fight to continue. If Iran begins to run out of Revolutionary Guards, the Tikritis out of lay-abouts, and the Madrassahs out of customers, things might slack off. If not, they’re rushing to get their virgins (or grapes, depending on the Koranic translation used). Let’s help them collect.

3) THEN…THEN…THEN build the country, establish the government, train the po-lice, and begin importing jeans, Coke and DVD players. Bat back the alligators THEN drain the swamp. Don’t look for political victories before you’ve stabilized the nation with enough military victories.

(…take a deep breath…let it out….)

While all of the above business is going down — and even if it never does — realize that the ONLY resemblance between this war and Vietnam is that we’re losing in the press…and that there’re a lot more Cronkites today.

This isn’t Vietnam, it’s Iwo Jima. We’re fighting a passle of suicidal troglodytes, not Comrade Cindy’s “freedom fighters”. It’s hard, bloody, the enemy’s remorseless, relentless and apparently devoid of conscience. They want our blood and our ruin. They know how to get it.

We’re forced to fight with one hand nailed behind our backs by a party which chants “dissent is patriotic” until even THEY believe it. The press is in love with the sound of its own voice. As a wise man recently wrote, they don’t recognize evil because they don’t think that evil exists. They think that it’s just “repressed pain”, and that they can be talked down of the ledge. They don’t realize that this isn’t a psychological issue, just as it isn’t a matter of criminal jurisprudence. It’s a war. The bad guys are just that…bad.

If folks who went on and on about WMD’s, Saddam not being our enemy and Israel being a racist state read more Machiavelli and a little less Lerner and Chomsky, we’d all be better off. Some folks have been educated out of all possible usefulness.

Raise the black flag. They already have.

…and, Connie, for the record: the sky in my world is blue.

Puritan1648 on October 20, 2006 at 11:34 PM

lorien, it’s probably a good idea to slap a ***SPOILER WARNING*** on top of a post like that. I think most people probably knew not to look at it if they didn’t want to see it, but I’m just sayin’. I agree, though… the battlestar fighter drop scene was awesome.

DaveS on October 20, 2006 at 11:55 PM

***SPOILER WARNING***…. I agree, though… the battlestar fighter drop scene was awesome.

Ditto

I was absolutely POSITIVE that Tigh would not deal with Ellen himself. My respect for him just went up.

Too bad about Hera (BTW, anyone else notice that Hera’s mom was the cop girl from Eureka? Coolness.)

I knew Starbuck was faking all along. No really, I did.

Yeah, too bad about the Pegasus; but hey, the show’s not Battlestar Pegasus.

And finally, I disagree about Baltar. I don’t remember, but I read somewhere that in TOS, Baltar was explicitely a traitor. Well, here we see the beginning of his transformation in this iteration. In TOS, he lent personality and imagination to the swarms of bulletheads. I guess we’ll see what he has to offer this time around.

urbancenturion on October 21, 2006 at 12:09 AM

Hot Air had a link to a really great site – Shire Network News. They are informative and I found Brian really funny.

The site is at http://tuatara.blogmatrix.com/.

omegaram on October 21, 2006 at 12:12 AM

Despicable reaction to something that’s 5 years old and counting:

Here’s a hint to the scumbags who did this…we didn’t start this war. They did. Let me guess. You support the troops, but oppose the war, right?

American_Jihadist on October 21, 2006 at 12:23 AM

My Rott just got sprayed by a skunk.

When you’re really close to the source, it seems to have a strong ‘oniony’ scent.

I haven’t barfed yet. But only because my Rott got another spraying from me, with vinegar.

Ugly on October 21, 2006 at 1:42 AM

Best Battlestar Galactica EVER tonight.

NEVER would I have guessed what had happened.

Mortis on October 20, 2006 at 10:06 PM

Holy Frack! Galactica making a burn into the atmosphere was awesome. And I knew they were eventually going to lose the Pegasus, but I love the way they did it.

Vic on October 21, 2006 at 2:20 AM

Tony737 on October 20, 2006 at 11:15 PM

Tony, I’ve admired many a post from you over time. Today you made PLATINUM.

Entelechy on October 21, 2006 at 2:52 AM

Rats! My apologies, y’all, for my redundant post at 10:40 PM above. Entelechy did warn us newbies about that, but did I listen? Noooooo…..

p.v. cornelius on October 21, 2006 at 4:19 AM

If a Chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half.. how long will it take for a grasshopper to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

GoodBoy on October 21, 2006 at 6:01 AM

Yep me too. I didn’t think he’d be able to do it. I didn’t care for him last season at all, but I have a lot more respect for him now.

I knew Starbuck was faking all along. No really, I did.

Sure you did. Sure you did. I figured she’d stab him at the end, but I also think this scene was reminiscient of the Fox News reporters being forced to convert. It didn’t matter that they believed it. It mattered that they’d sacrifice their principles so easily. Which she did.

Yeah, too bad about the Pegasus; but hey, the show’s not Battlestar Pegasus.

Yeah, but two Battlestars would be nice for the colonialists. Then again, if I were Adama, I’d be converting some of those useless civilian ships into war ships. Putting guns/armor whatever on them. And Civilians? In a fight for survival, there are no civilians.

Yes, he was an explicit traitor. He was much more evil in the original series than now. Will he become the leader of the Cylons (because he was right, on New Caprica – and they want a new direction)? Who knows. Still want him dead!

Let’s talk tactics though. Lee’s decision to put pegasus in the middle of 4 base ships was retarded. I’d have flown to either the right of left side. Keep the 2 ships in the line of fire of the other 2. At least last a little bit longer. Being nailed by 4 ships at once was a death sentence.

Since its now been shown that BS’s can jump at will; I’d also fight a hit and run game there. Jump in, fire off a full volley of nukes, jump out. Do it over and over again until they are all gone. Seems like it’d be an effective strategy.

lorien1973 on October 21, 2006 at 11:18 AM

My Rott just got sprayed by a skunk.

Ugly on October 21, 2006 at 1:42 AM

bathe your log in tomato juice. not bloody mary mix, but plain tomato juice. it neutralizes the skunk scent.

pullingmyhairout on October 21, 2006 at 1:56 PM

oops! I meant bathe your dog in tomato juice…

pullingmyhairout on October 21, 2006 at 1:57 PM

pullingmyhairout, is correct. Always keep large containers of plain tomato-juice on hand. Though vinnegar and lemon-juice works too, nothing beats tomato-juice. Even then it takes about 3 weeks to completely get rid of the smell.

Been there – best tip – don’t get sprayed yourself – if so, must discard clothes into the garbage, as nothing will get rid of the smell.

Entelechy on October 21, 2006 at 2:50 PM

Back to David Cassidy-saw in our daily rag that his daughter got the “coveted” role of Lucy Ewing in the upcoming feature film “Dallas”. I guess Hollywood is really out of ideas for movies. This show worked well in the earlly 80′s but by 1986, I knew very few people who watched it anymore.
My brother got sprayed by a skunk in third grade and it took forever for the smell to get of his hair even though mother washed his hair twice a day. After three days she took him and got him a buzz cut. He was with his friend who had a sheep dog who also got a buzz cut too along with his friend.

Catie96706 on October 21, 2006 at 3:08 PM

watching Rosie O’Donnell have fake sex

I almost threw up blood when I saw just that on Nip/Tuc a couple of weeks ago – she is truly a revolting individual.

Rick on October 21, 2006 at 4:08 PM

Thanks Entelechy, and right back atcha.

Pretty good episode of BSG last night.

Tony737 on October 21, 2006 at 4:18 PM

What ever happened to Shawn Cassidy? And what about Leif Garrett? He was another one of those poster boys.

pullingmyhairout on October 21, 2006 at 5:44 PM

Shawn Cassidy? Wasn’t he one of the Hardy Boys?

Leif Garrett – I think he tried to make a comeback several years ago (to no avail).

Rick on October 21, 2006 at 8:27 PM