Video: Texas schoolkids pledge allegiance to Mexican flag (maybe)

posted at 9:00 pm on October 19, 2006 by Allahpundit

Meat so red it’s practically bleeding.

We covered this story last month. Were the kids watching other people say the pledge? Or were they pledging themselves? Watch the clip. Sure sounds like the latter!

Your quote of the year:

The father of a third-grader at Velasco, who wished to remain anonymous, said Tuesday that some students surrounding him at the assembly were saying the pledge. “I was telling them you don’t have to stand for the pledge of allegiance to the Mexican flag,” he said. He noted that only some students — not all — were reciting the pledge.

Click the images to watch be outraged!

flags1.jpg

flags2.jpg

Comments

It’s just the start of the downhill slide which will eventually have us welcoming our new Islamic overlords.

Bellicose Muse on October 19, 2006 at 9:02 PM

Kent Brockman

I for one welcome our Islamic Overlords

/Kent Brockman

The world has gone cuckoo

Ugly on October 19, 2006 at 9:09 PM

No worries. ACLU will surely save the day.

Stephen M on October 19, 2006 at 9:11 PM

Mexicans dominate one half of America…er…Aztlan, and Islamerica for the remainder, soon if we dont stop this!

shooter on October 19, 2006 at 9:13 PM

Prepare for the demise of the United States of America as we know it… forever. Either by the reconquistas or the Muslims, or both.

It was fun while it lasted. Too bad I had such a short time here in this once great country that will soon be formerly known as the USA. Too bad I couldn’t have been born 200 years sooner, then lived 200 years to fully enjoy it.

I wonder how difficult it is to emigrate to Australia… at least I’ll be safe from the f***ed up bizarro world border countries, since there aren’t any.

SilverStar830 on October 19, 2006 at 9:19 PM

Everyone forgets one thing, what our founding fathers put in the constitution….the second admendment! Why do you think they put it in?

rocked on October 19, 2006 at 9:25 PM

This is profoundly sad.

thedecider on October 19, 2006 at 9:26 PM

f***ed up bizarro world border countries, since there aren’t any.

Lets dig a canal, like the panama canal, but the American Canal. Gulf to Pacific. 100 yards wide, deep enough for a ship and deep enough to drown swimmers. A moat for our country!
Why not? It would cost LESS than supporting them, plus we keep the $50 BILLION DOLLARS the illegals send back to Mexico each and every year. meximoat?

shooter on October 19, 2006 at 9:33 PM

…meximoat?

I think that’s the new spicy milkshake offered at Taco Bell.

/bad joke but hadda post it

Ugly on October 19, 2006 at 9:53 PM

Keep your powder dry, shooter.

Jaibones on October 19, 2006 at 9:54 PM

Imagine if the situation was in reverse- students in another country had to say our Pledge of Allegiance. There’d be international outrage and flag burnings, and millions of complaints about “ugly Americans” and “arrogance.”

Megan on October 19, 2006 at 10:00 PM

I’m webraged.

Valiant on October 19, 2006 at 10:06 PM

Can you say MEXITUDE?

Driving through downtown Chicago at night during the Mexican Independence Day celebrations, buildings were lit up with red, white and green lights. The Smurfit Stone building said Viva! Viva! on its famous slanted roof. Illinois government buildings flew Mexican flags.

Pretty soon this country is going to look more like Mexico than Mexico.

thebaldchick on October 19, 2006 at 10:17 PM

Look, whether the kids said the pledge or just waved Mexican flags while adults said the pledge, it’s basically the same thing.

Alex K on October 19, 2006 at 10:19 PM

The travesty isn’t that foreigners would dare pledge allegiance to their foreign flag in America.
The true travesty is that American citizens in positions of authority or in attendance allowed it.

This is the true legacy of liberalism as I have seen it.
Not so much as an ideology as a having the effect of dulling the edge or readiness to defend instantly all things American.
It’s really no different than the effect communism has anywhere.
The citizens of North Korea or as in the old Soviet Union, they don’t have any pride; they walk facelessly, avoiding contact for fear of offence.
The ultimate expression of political correctness, enforced by dictum.

Speakup on October 19, 2006 at 11:09 PM

This is just amazing.

Ouabam on October 19, 2006 at 11:14 PM

I can’t even say UNBELIEVABLE anymore……what a sad commentary how far we fallen as nation.

Public school….pledge allegiance to a FOREIGN country but don’t you dare say “Thank God.”

The worst part is I watched the preview for the movie “Flags of our Fathers” right below this abomination. Someone better call Clint Eastwood and tell him the wrong flag was put up on Iwo Jima.

“Sarcasm, Just one more service I offer.”

VikingGoneWild on October 19, 2006 at 11:40 PM

I am from Texas and I have noticed the lack of assimilation on the part of immigrants. What ever happened to learning the culture of the country you live in?

I find nothing wrong with ethnic pride or people wanting to come here but they made the choice. You came here.

SnakeintheGrass on October 19, 2006 at 11:57 PM

It is the responsibility of the schruewl system to help in the assimilation of the children. The schruewl supervisors, teachers, and the State are the bottom line.

If the curriculum doen not meet standards, such as they are, then why are these schruewls being funded?

How are they funded? Property Taxes?

Now I’m offended and outraged.

Kini on October 20, 2006 at 1:06 AM

Standing out of respect during the playing of O’ Canada AND the Star Spangled Banner at the beginning of NHL Hockey games is one thing, but this is just an insult.

No doubt intended as such by the adults (the kids don’t know any better).

Spiny Norman on October 20, 2006 at 1:06 AM

As well as outrageous, I also see a prime example of how the left has infilitrated not only the lower controlling levels of our government, but schools as well and are working diligently from the inside, to destroy America.

LewWaters on October 20, 2006 at 2:10 AM

Remember how the ACLU came to the defense of the boy in Illinois who refused to say the Mexican pledge? Wait … they didn’t. The ACLU will defend the “right” of kids to NOT say our pledge, but not the reverse. Maybe it’s because the Mexican pledge doesn’t have the word god in it. Either way … pledging allegiance to any other nation should be a revocation of citizenship. Forcing youngsters to do so … should be a crime.

Casey on October 20, 2006 at 3:18 AM

Tuition to private Christian school is how much????? Let me get my checkbook….Homeschooling is practically free??? Where do I sign?

seejanemom on October 20, 2006 at 6:06 AM

And I am sure Pres Bush probably speaks his spanish clear while he mangles the english language. God, what a mess.

LZVandy on October 20, 2006 at 6:58 AM

A new pledge for Mexico (written on the fly)

I strongly agree to give my allegiance in a non-binding way to the tattered rag of the desolate beachfront property between South America and that place up north everyone is running to.

And to the decaying government
Which stands for nothing but corruption and “Sneak into America” DVDs.

Juan Nation
Under Siesta
Divisible by drug lords

With dysentery and tamales for all.

Black Adam on October 20, 2006 at 8:06 AM

Of all the people who have reason to want to be able to pledge their loyalty to the American flag, you’d think these idiots would be high up on the list.

What has Mexico done for these people? Come to think of it, several things: 1) created an economically untenable situation; 2) rather than fix the corruption and incompetence that led to this situation, encouraged its excess population to illegally cross the border into the US and send money home; 3) left this excess population both linguistically and vocationally underprepared for anything but minimum wage jobs in this country.

They want to live here? They ought to be showing alot more reverence for the flag under whose shadow they’re so desparate to live.

morganfrost on October 20, 2006 at 9:29 AM

Where are the parents in all of this? This isn’t the first time I’ve read of such happenings in schools, the most recent being of children in California living as muslims- prayers and shai’ra law included. I know that if any of these things had been attempted when I was in school, my parents and others would have raised all kinds of hell.

tomk59 on October 20, 2006 at 9:41 AM

Outrageous!

Jaibones on October 20, 2006 at 9:46 AM

How are they funded? Property Taxes?

Yes. In Texas, we are taxed out the ass. There’s no state income tax, which is good, but they surely make up for it in property taxes (which property owners pay, not renters). See, a number of years ago, the way we funded our schools was deemed unconstitutional because the funding was not equal. So, in all their brilliance, they passed this “Robinhood” plan, which essentially gives away money from property-rich school districts and gives it to property-poor school districts in an effort to level the playing field. so, a district in houston/dallas/austin can send money down to a district in the valley, west texas or whereever.

It’s a very screwed up system and there’s a been attempts to fix it, but they have really failed up to this point to make any meaningful changes. And our property taxes will remain high, even though they’ve “promised” to lower them.

Now, back to that district near Houston – it’s in an area that has a high hispanic population. It makes perfect sense that the district would cater to the hispanic population. As sad as it is, what we have seen in this video is prevalent throughout south texas.

pullingmyhairout on October 20, 2006 at 10:05 AM

Where are the parents? This isn’t the first time I’ve seen this kind of story. Most recently (and galling) the “be a muslim” month in California schools, including prayers and shia’ra law. Had any of this been attempted when I was in school, my parents and others would have raised hell.

tomk59 on October 20, 2006 at 10:10 AM

Sorry about the double post ,gang. First time posting, and my hot new anti virus blocked my first attempt.

tomk59 on October 20, 2006 at 10:23 AM

pullingmyhairout!

we are taxed out the ass

You have got to be kidding me, or you have a small ass. I used to live in Dallas and now live in Pennsylvania and I have friends in Taxachusetts. I get taxed by five different entities and that does not include property tax. That is just on income. I actually get taxed because the place where I work just happens to be in the middle of the city. I get taxed eventhough I don’t live near the city. I dream of the day when I can get back to Texas and at least see the majority of my paycheck.
I remember when they were discussing “Robinhood” and that does need to go away.

DrM2B on October 20, 2006 at 11:08 AM

Anyone have enough yet? I don’t know about you, but I’m stocking up on canned food and bullets.

voiceofreason on October 20, 2006 at 11:17 AM

I don’t know why this would surprise anyone frankly. Let’s examine why this is more the norm than the exception. We have a govt. school, thus we have a liberal apparatus in place. We have Texas, front-line in the war on illegals. We have the PC era in full-bloom, which is a redundant statement being that I already mentioned the presence of govt. and liberalism. Most people are busy living their everyday life, you know earning a living so the govt., A.K.A. La Cosa Nostra, can extort it’s “fair” share to support these very treasonous activities. When will the American people wake up to the truth? When will the American people see our greatest threat is not our external enemies, but rather the enemy from within? It is impossible to defeat this great nation face to face. But as the communists learned and understood dating back to the thirties and forties, you must defeat the great power from the inside out. Whether it’s nazism, facism, communism, or invasion of the illegal kind, they all share the same theme; an America severely weakened and humiliated before the world. Yes, it is possible that we lose the war on terror, particularly when we have declared war on a tactic rather than an enemy. Terror is a tactic, not the “who” we are at war with. Islamo-fascists are by nature cowards, brain-washing kids with a message of hopelessness and that their only salvation is a death-pact. You never see the so-called leaders of terror killing themselves for the cause, no it’s the young they send to do this. But they have a powerful ally; an indifferent and impotent Europe together with a political philosophy of appeasement from within the US with it’s message carried by a self-loathing media…….

ritethinker on October 20, 2006 at 11:48 AM

or you have a small ass.

yeeeeesssss, i’d like to think so…

If you lived in Dallas, then you know how much you paid each year in property taxes. Our bill last year was in the 5 digits. Very painful to come up with that each year. we could escrow, but why give the government the money in advance…? Our sales tax is 8.25% also.

Anyway, I know I’m lucky, but it still sucks.

and we will welcome you back with open arms.

pullingmyhairout on October 20, 2006 at 12:20 PM

“That’s treason … you’re not supposed to say the pledge of allegiance to any flag other than the American and Texas flags,” the father added. “It broke my heart to see the kids doing that.”
The treason is with the school Administration and the Teachers who organized the event. Who are they?? That’s where the anger should be directed. There and with the disgusting politicians (both parties)who have ignored the border problem for so many years. Vote to remove ANY politician who does not support TOTAL BORDER CONTROLL!!

mc2d on October 20, 2006 at 12:42 PM

What can you even say to this? Its disgusting. This is one of those things, you never thought you’d see. Something that if someone had said this to you a few years ago, you’d think they were crazy.

americanpundit on October 20, 2006 at 1:00 PM

swillia2@brazosportisd.net

Let Sam know how you feel about his “tolerance & diversity”.

DwnSouthJukin on October 20, 2006 at 1:32 PM

confused on October 20, 2006 at 1:35 PM

Confused- you make a very good point. However, it has been my experience that when such matters and the people espousing them are directly confronted, they tend to back down in a hurry. Problem is, I don’t see much in the way of outrage or confrontation against such things these days.

tomk59 on October 20, 2006 at 3:11 PM

“If any of those parents were to protest or say anything at the time of the celebration, can you imagine the outrage against that person and his/her lack of diversity. We are all welcoming until there is no one to welcome and all we can do is work to pay for them all.”

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
Barry Goldwater

Speakup on October 20, 2006 at 7:57 PM

Ilike what President FDR said. “No one should ever be allowed to immigrate to the USA for the purpose of obtaining that person as an instrument of labor only.” My, how times have changed. Here is what I say. If you want to come to this country and keep one foot in your home country, KEEP BOTH OF THEM THERE.

Dollydog on October 21, 2006 at 11:18 AM

For what it is worth, an “explanation” has appeared in print:

LewWaters on October 22, 2006 at 12:00 AM

Didn’t do the link right, so try this

School Explains