Video: GOP debuts Harry Reid “chain gang” ad; Update: Larry Elder ad added

posted at 1:20 pm on October 18, 2006 by Allahpundit

Will this work? Not only are all these little influence scandals submerged in Foleygate, but after Duke Cunningham and Abramoff, a tu quoque about Democratic corruption isn’t the strongest card the GOP has to play. I hope.

Nice to see Dirty Harry eat a little shinola, though. Click the image to watch.

reid-ad.jpg

Update: This ad, co-produced by Larry Elder, is better.

Comments

That’s a stupid ad.

IMO

Labamigo on October 18, 2006 at 1:23 PM

Nice to see Dirty Harry eat a little shinola, though. Click the image

Not the strongest card, but one that needs to be played as long as they are out their pointing fingers at Republicans.

thirteen28 on October 18, 2006 at 1:34 PM

Isn’t this just supposed to be red meat for the Republican base? We’ve been slinking around like whipped puppies, apologizing and resigning left and right. This little ditty is just supposed to remind us that they’ve got just as many bad/questionable apples as we have.

Meat? Whipped puppies? Apples? Must be getting close to lunch time.

jdpaz on October 18, 2006 at 1:43 PM

THat second one is much better. Performs a similar function as the first one yet is much cleverer. Hopefully it won’t be regarded as hate speech and get pulled from YouTube (go broadcast yourself).

jdpaz on October 18, 2006 at 1:49 PM

Stupid ad? I think it makes it quite clear that we’re better off under Bush than under Gore. The only part I thought was useless was the comparison between Hillary and the Mad Magazine guy.

dalewalt on October 18, 2006 at 2:00 PM

Have audio of dingy Harry celebrating in the Senate that “they” killed the Patriot Act while showing Bush signing the new terror bill, then fade to black with Bush’s words.

SouthernGent on October 18, 2006 at 2:11 PM

well Labamigo, we don’t care what you liberals think about this ad, because it’s the truth. i have to agree with SouthernGent post.

Starblazer on October 18, 2006 at 2:34 PM

maybe a good old fashioned “Who would Osama vote for…”

E L Frederick on October 18, 2006 at 3:01 PM

They’re funny becuase they’re true!

Seriously, though, both very good ads, and deal with ACCURATE FACTS. Something we don’t see too often coming from the blowhard mouthpeices of the liberal left. Unfortunately, it’s not so easy to let facts sink in with voters.

Vincenzo on October 18, 2006 at 3:48 PM

Sink them with their own word! GREAT!

stonemeister on October 18, 2006 at 6:15 PM

oops…words!

stonemeister on October 18, 2006 at 6:15 PM

Unfortunately, the Elder ad did not point out that the illegal activities in the Enron and WorldCom cases took place during a Democratic administration, but Republicans prosecuted the criminals while Democrats did not.

chsw

chsw on October 18, 2006 at 6:18 PM

Also….

Can’t they find something recent on Hillobeans to place her in the chain gang ad?

chsw

chsw on October 18, 2006 at 6:19 PM

I don’t think I’ll be able to view the first ad myself, but I’ve heard the second one before it turned into a video, and I really like it, although I guess as an Elderado I’m a bit partial…

Cutty S. on October 18, 2006 at 7:21 PM

Just a note: I’ve learned Larry Elder will be on Hannity and Colmes tonight. I believe H&C will also air the “Why Vote Republican” video while he’s on. So if anyone wants to watch him tonight on H&C, you can.

Cutty S. on October 19, 2006 at 4:18 PM

I really liked the second ad. It made me feel proud of my party.

Esthier on October 19, 2006 at 9:14 PM