Audio: Rush on the ‘excellent’ Michelle Malkin and Hot Air

posted at 8:56 pm on October 18, 2006 by Ian

El Rushbo called Hot Air and the boss’s website “excellent” on today’s show:

RUSH: I knew I was going to do it. I left out some blogger names that I routinely read. One of them is Michelle Malkin, and she’s just fabulous and extremely valuable. The American Thinker, which I cite and quote on this program constantly, and Debbie Schlussel– and I’m sure there are more.

###

No. In fact, Michelle Malkin, she has a column and she’s got two blogs. She’s got a blog called Hot Air and she’s got a personal blog. They’re both excellent. She’s one of the leading forces in the anti-illegally immigration movement out there in terms of informing people about it with specific details of outrages as they happen across the country wherever, at whatever custom station, port of entry, city, whatever. She’s made it her passion. It’s the best.

Comments

Good, another plug for The American Thinker. It’s superb. Hot Air and MM’s personal blog are pretty good too. If you guys just keep plugging away you might get big some day ;)

Bellicose Muse on October 18, 2006 at 9:00 PM

Hoorah! The Maha Rushie, the leader of the fight, has exposed this site to a lot of ppl who have never heard of this site. Hopefully you have a lot more viewers to the absolute truth. Yes, Rush does a good job, but you retain a lot more of what you read. Those new viewers may change thier ‘stay at home’ vote after reading some truth here….hopefully

lsutiger on October 18, 2006 at 9:08 PM

I read Hot Air and MM for what is interesting and going on. Bad habit of checking in every half hour, but there’s something new each time that is worth reading and repeating. Rush is good, but this is the best thing I’ve found.

Hening on October 18, 2006 at 9:09 PM

Great stuff. No one deserved this more right now…except maybe President Bush.
See Michelle, like I said, you are extremely valuable!!

oh, and the rest of the HA team also.

shooter on October 18, 2006 at 9:13 PM

I love all the named bloggers! They are a breath of fresh (hot) air. :-)

SouthernGent on October 18, 2006 at 9:33 PM

Oooh…big congrats to Hot Air and Michelle Malkin. Missed that radio show today. Getting the word from the big guy is a validation of great proportion! This is a team effort built on common sense for the common good.

Kokonut on October 18, 2006 at 9:43 PM

I heard Rush today and thought (dang) he left out Michelle.
When he came back after the break he made up for it with,
One of them is Michelle Malkin, and she’s just fabulous
and extremely valuable

Triple Mega Dittos

Texyank on October 18, 2006 at 10:08 PM

So there, deal with it, and pat yourselves on the back.

Nice smile, Michelle.

tormod on October 18, 2006 at 10:13 PM

Glad he did that. I listened to the show less the last half hour, must have missed it.

3cheers!

flyboy777 on October 18, 2006 at 10:21 PM

Huzzah!

I’m telling you Hotair TV, to air directly opposite Larry King live. C’mon Michelle put the corpse in his coffin.

Theworldisnotenough on October 18, 2006 at 10:35 PM

Rush does not let much get by him. I’m sorry that it took so long to pay his respects to Michelle but he has and I’m very happy for it.

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on October 18, 2006 at 10:37 PM

I have been listening to Rush for around eight years, and reading Hot Air since it started. I would hate to have to choose between the two, but if I did, it would be Hot Air. The well written and timely content of this site is tops.

ArkCon on October 18, 2006 at 10:52 PM

I agree, I would be lost without Hot Air and Michelle’s blog. Hot Air is like one stop shopping for conservative blog action. Everything is here. Nothing gets past AP and the rest of the gang. Nice to get some props from El Rushbo though..

RobertCSampson on October 19, 2006 at 12:14 AM

Hey, I heard El Rushbo say that today. I was cheering for you guys. And he’s right.

Congratulations, Michelle, Allah, Bryan, Ian and everyone else involved in these operations on such great sites.

kimpriestap on October 19, 2006 at 12:57 AM

Singularity approaches! When Allah’s cantankerousness is streamlined straight through Limbaugh’s all-encompassing mic…o, what a day we’ll see…

No, but seriously, I’ll be more impressed when Rush is as impious toward the GOP we’ve got these days as the fine freethinkers around here are… To listen to him he’s still too, eh, “Powerline” for my taste… Probably why he mentioned them up top and had to be reminded about HA…

Alex K on October 19, 2006 at 1:15 AM

I guess that’s what one might call drive-by props. (In the most positive meaning, of course.)

Niko on October 19, 2006 at 1:52 AM

ROCK ON!!!!

Wedge Plissken on October 19, 2006 at 2:40 AM

Hotair.com is the quintessential new media, and the best of it.

Halley on October 19, 2006 at 3:58 AM

‘What? Like you needed validation? Hearing it from Rush was nice, on the airwaves was a plus, but it’s always been here and ain’t goin’ away. ‘

It’s not validation, it’s free advertising to what is quite probably the biggest listener base in the country.

It’s always good to get props from the man himself.

Wolfman on October 19, 2006 at 3:58 AM

Talent on loan from Allah.

Pablo on October 19, 2006 at 5:55 AM

My ears perked up when I heard Rush start naming bloggers & was thrilled to hear him mention quite a few of my faves, especially when he mentioned Michelle.

Coronagold on October 19, 2006 at 6:50 AM

Did Rush mention ?

Tony737 on October 19, 2006 at 7:26 AM

oooops it didn’t work. I tried to link lucianne

Tony737 on October 19, 2006 at 7:28 AM

I miss listening to Rush all too often, so I bought a membership to his site. I was very glad to read his endorsement of H.A., and Michelle’s personal blog as you folks are the best.

DannoJyd on October 19, 2006 at 8:22 AM

Allah or Bryan or Ian,
Can you guys (or even the boss-lady) tell us how much traffic has increased since the endorsment by maharushi?

Curiosity is killing me …

-FFOG

Fogpig on October 19, 2006 at 9:09 AM

Ooooohhhhh, so THAT’S how ‘linking’ works.

Duh, me.

Anyway, speakin’ of pluggin’ Hot Air, the anchor on Fox News just said: “The govt says this) football stadium attack) threat is nothing but hot air.”

Free advertising for HotAir!

Tony737 on October 19, 2006 at 9:19 AM

So it DID work. I’m sorry for experimenting at the reader’s expense. Anyway, did Rush mention lucianne ?

Tony737 on October 19, 2006 at 9:25 AM

You pundits do show prep and then share your ideas. MM and Hot Air are my daily life prep. Mega Mojave dittos.

Mojave Mark on October 19, 2006 at 10:24 AM

The jpeg is named ‘rush-malkin2′. Is there a ‘rush-malkin1′?

allie on October 19, 2006 at 10:31 AM

Ah, MM and El Rushbo. Does life get any better than this?

QuickComment on October 19, 2006 at 11:20 AM

Yes, congratulations to Michelle and everyone here at Hot Air. You guys deserve the accolades from the “Golden EIB microphone”

Troy Rasmussen on October 19, 2006 at 11:30 AM

I knew it. Nice to hear him say it! Keep kickin’ ‘em where it hurts Michelle! (In the brain!)

JEFF_IN_NC on October 19, 2006 at 11:34 AM

I’m not usually a big fan of Rush but Michelle is doing great!

Hilts on October 19, 2006 at 12:04 PM

Well deserved kudos, although I keep coming here for way more than just the illegal immigration issue. ;-)

Boozoo on October 19, 2006 at 12:05 PM

we’ve know it all along, so has Rush. It was nice of him to acknowledge it on the air. Congratulations!

gradyman on October 19, 2006 at 12:19 PM

Imagine the boost in Rush’s ratings if you mentioned his show more often!

Thanks for opening up registration. You got me involved in contacting Miller Brewing on their terrible ideas regarding illegal immigration. This site and your personal blog are required reading for me every day.

Also, thanks for promoting memri.org and realverse, a week does not go by without me checking them out as well.

doufree on October 19, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Thank you for opening up reg. I love this site–first thing in the morning and the last thing every night (well, next-to-last) Keep up the great work. El Rushbo is right–excellent! MEGA-Dittoes.

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2006 at 1:15 PM

EIB and EIV (Excellence In Videoblogging) a great combination!

MDBTCB on October 19, 2006 at 1:32 PM

One think Rush forgot to add Michelle Malkin is a knockout!

Confederate on October 19, 2006 at 2:43 PM

So glad registration opened today! I check Michelle’s site and Hot Air first thing every morning, and always follow and read her links. I ‘ve written many snail mail letters to congress critters, Miller Brewing, CNN etc. in the past 2 years – all because of Michelle. Politics: I’m involved, I’m addicted and my voice is now heard. Thanks to Michelle, and thanks to Allah.

jaymienj on October 19, 2006 at 3:14 PM

About a year ago I think MM was first. Followed closely by Hot Air, Ace, Jawa, Jihad Watch, Atlas, and many others on my favs list.
I am better informed and empowered. Thank you.

Ixnay on October 19, 2006 at 6:37 PM

Hi newbies! Glad ya could join us! Careful though, it can be addictive. I’m an original and so hooked that I’m typing this on my phone while driving 70 mph!

Way to go HotAir and Rush!

Tony737 on October 19, 2006 at 8:19 PM

I check every day to see what’s shaking at MM and Hot Air + I listen to Rush as often as possible. Then today Rush gave lots of well deserved love to MM and Hot Air. Made my day!
This place just reeks of legitimacy. Hoo aahh!

combatvet68-69 on October 19, 2006 at 9:07 PM

I grabbed a pencil to catch all the blogs Rush was listing and realized they were all my favorites anyway. Great minds think alike. I have loved MM since I saw her fiesty self on some CSpan puke show getting beat up at Oberlin. I have cheered for her ever since.

As a member of the newest Freshman Class here at HOT AIR, can I say how FABULOUS IT FEELS to find a home among friends?

Semper FI