Video: Raj Bhakta crosses the border — on an elephant

posted at 3:10 pm on October 13, 2006 by Allahpundit

Ace and Mary K posted the video earlier, but theirs comes in little snippets from news shows.

Only the big A gives it to you raw, baby.

MK interviewed him last month for Townhall. Can’t find a poll to see how’s he doing versus the incumbent, but early indications do not bode well. This stunt will help. In fact, he’s booked on O’Reilly tonight to talk about border insecurity.

The elephant part starts at around the four-minute mark. I think the beginning’s funnier, though.

Comments

Show-off.

marykatharine on October 13, 2006 at 3:21 PM

I don’t think he has a chance, more’s the pity. Politics in Pennsylvania certainly is colorful.

rightwingprof on October 13, 2006 at 3:21 PM

Only the big A gives it to you raw, baby.

Hot Air – come for the political analysis, stay for the double entendres.

Slublog on October 13, 2006 at 3:33 PM

I don’t think he has a chance, more’s the pity.

The only way that is going to change is if people start to contribute to his campaign you can do that…Whoa…I think I was just possessed by Hugh Hewitt… ;)

Ennuipundit on October 13, 2006 at 3:41 PM

It would be funny, if it wasn’t so true.

Kini on October 13, 2006 at 3:47 PM

At least he’s interesting. I could drink botulism-laced carrot juice or follow the Florida gubernatorial race: either one would put me in a coma.

Donnah on October 13, 2006 at 3:47 PM

He was a Bill Handel guest this morning and said that, on the way to the river, the only time the elephants were stopped, was by a checkpoint which inspected them for ticks.

Yep, we’re really, really minding our borders, similar to the one-world Libs and Europeans.

He said that 1 elephant crossed the river and 2 walked the shore, with mariachis and no one even noticed.

Also, he mentioned that he got the idea by watching this dude swim across the river, with nary a move or observation from anyone, just days before this successful stunt.

Shame on the Admin. and more so for being exposed by one of its own.

Entelechy on October 13, 2006 at 3:52 PM

To support Raj for Congress, click here.

Entelechy on October 13, 2006 at 3:58 PM

Raj did get in some trouble for the stunt:

However, when it became clear that the elephants were in a quarantined area, the Border Patrol alerted the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the elephants had to be detained.

The animals needed to be sprayed for ticks.

Unbelievable.

Valiant on October 13, 2006 at 4:11 PM

Scarily funny…I think.

SouthernGent on October 13, 2006 at 4:42 PM

“how do you say wait a minute in spanish?” Alto Alto!! ROTFLMAO.

But really, what’s truly bad is if they do get into Texas, there’s nothing but dry, arid ranch land. It’s easy to die out there from lack of water, or get bitten by a rattlesnake – whichever comes first.

pullingmyhairout on October 13, 2006 at 5:43 PM

Sweet sar

Drtuddle on October 13, 2006 at 6:04 PM

(He’s also lucky he survived chasing the skinny little guy down. That can be kinda dangerous.)

tree hugging sister on October 13, 2006 at 7:08 PM

From Valiant’s link:

“The mariachi band was not immediately available for comment.”

That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

MamaAJ on October 13, 2006 at 7:13 PM

On a related note, since the elephant had munched some cannabis plants in Mexico, it’s droppings were immediately confiscated.

infidel4life on October 13, 2006 at 8:22 PM

I’m not surprised that Allah gave it to us raw, but I’m surprised YouTube let him do it so publicly.

Kralizec on October 13, 2006 at 8:23 PM

He could have been a terrorist? I have heard of suitcase nukes, do they have suppository nukes now?

B Moe on October 14, 2006 at 9:33 AM