If The View had a Clue

Hot Air Gals!
Mary Katharine Ham@Townhall
La Shawn Barber’s Corner
Kirsten Powers@Powers Point

Watch the Hot Air Gals on YouTube
Download Vent for your iPod

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Loved it, but please, enough Foley. It’s like OJ in his day, all Foley, all the time. Kirsten is coming around. It seems that she is agreeing with Michelle more & more. A great conversion! Thanks Michelle.
Prediction. The ‘You’ve got hate mail’ vent will get you a record number of hits & will make you even more hated by the ‘big hate’ crowd. Cool.

wcarr on October 13, 2006 at 5:09 PM

The ladies were just lovely. Very well done!
Allah, keep that Jedi mind trick or what ever you are doing up, you are winning her over.

ArkCon on October 13, 2006 at 5:18 PM

Well, it’s too bad I had to work today, as I came into this late. Just want to say congratulations to the ladies for an excellent show. I look forward to seeing many more of them in the future.

Jezla on October 13, 2006 at 5:19 PM

Nice vent. Hopefully this format becomes a regular.

p0s3r on October 13, 2006 at 5:46 PM

Eight more makes a calendar!

:-)

Kralizec on October 13, 2006 at 1:48 PM

Check out this calendar. ladies, get ready to swoon.

pullingmyhairout on October 13, 2006 at 5:47 PM

That was great. All the ladies were interesting.

I know Bryan is ready to kick a cat over those mic issues. Sounded like KP’s mic went out completely at the end.

Anyway, it looked great, B. Nice work.

John on October 13, 2006 at 5:52 PM

I think this is a great concept. And I think it’s pure genius to show the media “powers-that-be” a ready made format like this. If they care about that almighty dollar, they should be able to recognize the potential in front of their faces!

Redhead Infidel on October 13, 2006 at 5:59 PM

No cat kicking, unless it’s figurative!

Entelechy on October 13, 2006 at 6:02 PM

Oh…and you might wanna check the sound levels on those mics. It got a bit distorted here ‘n there.

Bp ain’t working on a FOX budget but he should be.

Drtuddle on October 13, 2006 at 7:19 PM

We’re just warming up. Wait ’til next week. ;)

Michelle on October 13, 2006 at 9:39 AM

Julie Banderas?

Megyn Kendall??

Laura Ingram???

The suspense is too much to take over the weekend.

infidel4life on October 13, 2006 at 8:07 PM

Nice work. Four lovely ladies sitting on the couch talking about the ‘stuff’ they have to endure while doing what they do for the icebreaker. Hopefully they’ll be some further “The Vent” clips, and we’ll see some extra-special guests perhaps? If you bring Tom Cruise on as a guest, make sure you bring out the couch from the ‘guest room’ though.

Fix the mics and throw in some cups of tea on the coffee table and you’ve got a winner. I can’t wait to see what the “tolerant left” has to say about this group of ladies… after seeing what they have to say about them on an individual basis.

SilverStar830 on October 13, 2006 at 8:23 PM

All this will be gone once I return.

And ye shall curse my name. Verily.

Jeff G on October 13, 2006 at 8:30 PM

Excellent format, excellent cast, too damn short. Do it again. And again. Andagainandagain…. :)

The Foley story is old news – and, if I am recalling correctly, what he did isn’t even illegal. Questionable judgement, certainly, but no laws broken. On the other hand, Reid’s land deal… oh, I forgot, he’s a Democrat so it isn’t newsworthy.

We’re just warming up. Wait ’til next week. ;)

Michelle on October 13, 2006 at 9:39 AM

Be still my beating heart…

Rusty Bill on October 13, 2006 at 8:31 PM

All this will be gone once I return.

And ye shall curse my name. Verily.

Jeff G on October 13, 2006 at 8:30 PM

Jeff’s been hittin’ the Baron Herzog again.

;-)

infidel4life on October 13, 2006 at 8:46 PM

Very nice vent, ladies!!!!

I like the relaxed, casual atmosphere.

Kirsten did not look too happy. Either she did not feel comfortable sitting among conservatives, or perhaps she is not feeling well?

In any event…..MORE HOT AIR GALS, PLEASE!

The False Dervish on October 13, 2006 at 8:48 PM

Just dawned on me that you have quite a diverse cast for this Vent.
1. White woman? Check
2. Black woman? Check
3. Democrat who is pro-life and not a screeching maniac? Check
4. Firecracker? Check

Bellicose Muse on October 13, 2006 at 8:50 PM

Some factoids for the Hot Air Gun Show:

Dick Cheney wasn’t the first Vice President to shoot someone.

The Gun That Won the West is gone for good. I have one and no, you may not borrow it.

Our friends at the United Nations don’t like the Second Amendment.

RedWinged Blackbird on October 13, 2006 at 9:52 PM

Hot Air Gun Show:

Ya’ll need to either shoot sporting clays or skeet. there’s no glory in shooting a pistol at a piece of paper.

pullingmyhairout on October 13, 2006 at 9:56 PM

There’s no glory in shooting anything. The glory lies in the right of ownership.

RedWinged Blackbird on October 13, 2006 at 10:14 PM

The glory lies in the right of ownership.

True. But if you’re going to shoot anything, clay pigeons are a much bigger challenge. I have to say that dove and quail are yum yum!!

pullingmyhairout on October 13, 2006 at 10:17 PM

I have to say that dove and quail are yum yum!!

No argument there, but when was the last time a dove or a quail threatened to chop off your head?

RedWinged Blackbird on October 13, 2006 at 10:28 PM

The screen is bigger on YouTube – and they didn’t demand my identity to watch it this time! Yet.

wb0fvk on October 13, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Homina, homina, homina, homina, yeowza.

Savage on October 13, 2006 at 11:40 PM

AllahPundit/Michelle/Bryan,

You guys should, on ocassion, hear what Ann Coulter has to say. She makes, at least, as much sense of an Undergrad student, try her.

With the Democrats’ full-throated moralizing of late, I’m almost tempted to vote for them — although perhaps “full-throated” is the wrong phrase to use with regard to Democrats and sex scandals. The sudden emergence of the Swift Butt Veterans for Truth demonstrates that the Democrats would prefer to talk about anything other than national security. — Ann Coulter

———– Snip ———–

Kim is crazier than any leader even South America has been able to produce. In fact, he’s so crazy, we might be able to get the Democrats to take action. Someone tell Nancy Pelosi that the “Dear Leader” is an actual pederast. Then we’ll at least be able to read his instant messages. — Ann Coulter

ar_basin on October 14, 2006 at 1:16 AM

Great Vent!!

jeglinas on October 14, 2006 at 6:13 AM

Some factoids for the Hot Air Gun Show

Yeah, I visualize MM fixing to film HotAir at the gun range when Kirsten shows up with her Colt 45 model 1873 strapped to her side and a Mariachi Band playing “Deguello” on a hill behind her.
MM: “I didn’t know the left knew how to handle a Colt? Better hold it with your Left and Right Hand!”
Kirsten:”Well I’m here represent’n mi amigos y amigas that your are oppressing!”
MM:” You better watch your step missy! You should know as your liberal rag, the New York Slimes ,has stated, I’m a firecracker!”

Then they both go into a battle of Latin words
MM:”In vino veritas”
Kirsten: “Age quod agis”
MM:”Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego.”
Kirsten: “Juventus stultorum magister”
MM:In pace requiescat!

Kirsten in anger shows off her gun weilding skills by twirling and flipping her gun around then she holsters them. The crowd claps and cheers her performance. MM gives her a gazed fixed stare and then that devious smirk that only MM can give. But instead of reaching for her gun she pulls out a pen in mockery and demonstrates the same skill yet with a pen. Everyone is chuckling and laughing at the gun range. Then before Kirsten realizes MM has written ENFORCE OUR LAWS on Kirsten’s forehead. MM blows on the top of her pen and says “the pen becomes the clarion!” Liberals beware!

Drtuddle on October 14, 2006 at 3:58 PM

We’re just warming up. Wait ’til next week. ;)

Michelle on October 13, 2006 at 9:39 AM

Julie Banderas?

Megyn Kendall??

Laura Ingram???

The suspense is too much to take over the weekend.

infidel4life on October 13, 2006 at 8:07 PM

Julie Banderas? Yes please!

RightWinged on October 14, 2006 at 5:52 PM

Ya know… a lot of people are ripping on Kirsten’s performance in the Vent.

While I’m not a Kirsten Powers fan, I think she did just fine today.

Let’s not chase Kirsten off. In context of this Vent and this group of ladies, I think she fits in realy well.

Lawrence on October 14, 2006 at 10:45 PM

I think Kirsten Powers is too valuable as a rational voice on the left (even if she is only moderately so). I appreciate being able to hear from someone on the left who can fashion a reasonable argument, and do so without shouting and rampant ad hominems. I, for one, don’t need her to be crossing the aisle.

urbancenturion on October 15, 2006 at 4:41 AM

there was entirely too much hotness in that video. I PROCLAIM HOTAIR HOTNESS DAY!

Good video. Loved the bit about going to the gun range with a fan. HEHEHEHEH…

One Angry Christian on October 15, 2006 at 11:13 AM

What’s with everybody wearig pants?

I’m a guy, but even I (unlike athletes in Iraq) wear shorts (weather permitting).

Hot Air a visual medium, too, don’t forget.

Don’t hide your lights under a bushel basket, ladies.

Scandalize the burqah bully boys, show some divine limbs.

profitsbeard on October 15, 2006 at 2:25 PM

This group was OK, but
PLEASE, PLEASE MICHELLE…
NO ARIANNA HUFFINGTON!

byteshredder on October 15, 2006 at 3:31 PM

This group was OK, but
PLEASE, PLEASE MICHELLE…
NO ARIANNA HUFFINGTON!

byteshredder on October 15, 2006 at 3:31 PM

Here is a “between a rock and a hard place” sort of dilema.

If you HAVE to choose one of the following, who do you you pick?

Arianna Huffington?

or…

Rhandi Rhodes?

You are screwed either way.

EFG on October 15, 2006 at 3:56 PM

Kirsten is a strange Dem. She doesn’t talk over an opposing person’s turn to speak. Although she makes facial expressions in response. Maybe she is a Republican mole?

Drtuddle on October 15, 2006 at 4:50 PM