Video: Olby names Hannity, Bozell, O’Reilly, Ingraham, Zelnick ‘worst’ for Turner reaction

posted at 10:39 pm on October 12, 2006 by Ian

Click the schmuck to watch:

If you don’t know that Turner had to be talking about the War on Terror, there is nothing I can for you now. Except to point you to this post (with video) and video of Bozell on Hannity & Colmes last night.

J$ writes:

The Media Matters Minute was a classic. Ted Turner complained that when Bush said “either you’re with us or against us”, he didn’t like it because he hadn’t studied up on it and hadn’t made up his mind. So Olbermann came up with a five-way tie: Sean Hannity, Brent Bozell, Bill O’Reilly, Laura Ingraham, and Bob Zelnick, all critics of Turner’s statement. They are all eeeevil because Turner was responding to a question about supporting the Iraq war, not the war on terror. KO claimed that the wicked Fox didn’t show the question, only the answer. Cleverly stated, since the wicked Fox did report the wording of the question, it just wasn’t part of the clip. And there was something else “Fat Ass” Olbermann left out. Bush’s “for us or against us” quote–the one specifically referenced by Turner–had nothing to do with the Iraq war. It was a statement “Mister” Bush said just after the 9/11 attack. That’s the statement Turner was talking about, regardless of how hard Olby tried to cover it up.

Ok, now back to writing a five-page paper.

Comments

I won’t watch Olbys’ clip. I’ve never watch Olby clips. The stills alone nauseate me. I’ll gladly take Allahs’ word about his review.

Coronagold on October 12, 2006 at 10:45 PM

love the background music. it drowns out Olby’s screeching.

pullingmyhairout on October 12, 2006 at 10:47 PM

MSCNNBC

RightWinged on October 12, 2006 at 10:54 PM

I wonder if YouTube has banned him yet.

pullingmyhairout on October 12, 2006 at 10:57 PM

This guy has serious mental problems and we may get to see him have a complete breakdown on TV. My first instinct is to ignore him, but I can’t wait to see the on-air melt down.

d1carter on October 12, 2006 at 11:11 PM

When Bush made that statement after 9-11, I thought it might take some time for Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt to think it over and get back to us. I never imagined it was going to be such a brain teaser for Ted Turner.

NellE on October 12, 2006 at 11:16 PM

I think that Olbermann honestly didn’t understand that Turner was arguing with a rationale for conducting a war on terror, which is quite remarkable since he is the host of a “news-ish” cable show. Olby even repeated it after the clip, referring to “the selling of the Iraq war as ‘your with us or with the terrorists'”, which of course is a retarded an completely misinformed statement describing a fictional history.

It does go to show, though, that the people who constantly complain that Bush tried to link 9/11 to Saddam actually believe that he made that attempt, because they are completely uninformed, largely unintelligent, and have such a short and confused memory that they conflate two completely seperate wars in their own minds. Turner appeared to do the same thing.

DaveS on October 12, 2006 at 11:23 PM

Why does anybody care what this nobody says anymore?….Oh yeah, there aren’t any more freakshows at the carnival.

TBinSTL on October 12, 2006 at 11:42 PM

I can’t wait to see the on-air melt down.

d1carter on October 12, 2006 at 11:11 PM

Paging Chris Wallace…

infidel4life on October 13, 2006 at 12:36 AM

Personal post to Keith.

Dear Mr. Olberman,

Thank you for sharing. Thank you for helping me lose weight since everytime I see you I lose my apetite. Thank you for still not understanding that Iraq is part of the war on terror. Lastly, an advanced “thank you” for being one of the first ones to cry foul should we ever be attacked again.

PS: Your obsession with FoxNews and Bill O’Reilly in particular is creepy at best, if not homoerotic.

SouthernGent on October 13, 2006 at 1:02 AM

Keithy, A grad of the college of Jerkology, obviously.

Probably studied under that loony in your previous post.

Bryan, are there any ratings comparisons on Keithy verses the “Worst People in the World”?

Kini on October 13, 2006 at 1:15 AM

Oops, I mean in Ian’s post.

Kini on October 13, 2006 at 1:16 AM

Ok, now back to writing a five-page paper.

Ian, you’re burning the candle at both ends, and thus it s/b in youth :)

Olbermann transitioned once again into Olberkind and threw a puerile tantrum.

Entelechy on October 13, 2006 at 1:55 AM

What a moron. I wonder who ties his shoes for him?

theholyhermit on October 13, 2006 at 2:09 AM

Oh yeah, there aren’t any more freakshows at the carnival.

TBinSTL

As far as I can tell the Midway just keeps going over the horizon on both ends. But yeah, it is ad nauseum.

Coronagold on October 13, 2006 at 6:55 AM

I won’t watch ko until he has his breakdown, which should be, November 8?

Anyway, thanks for the up to date on the loony leftos.

tormod on October 13, 2006 at 7:43 AM

This guy KO is worse than TO. Why would anyone invest their time to watch this bone head. At least TO has talent. KO must have dirt on someone to still be on the air.

Shmo on October 13, 2006 at 9:52 AM

1) Why is this news? I have met (ok, been in the same room) with Turner on two occasions. Both times he was clearly drunk. How much can braincells take?
2) I watched Countdown last night. KO played the Turner interview–the original one, not the Fox version of it; I am sorry to tell you, Keith is right on this. Turner was talking about the war on Iraq IMO.
3) Why is this news again???

honora on October 13, 2006 at 10:03 AM

Olby is seeking attention… and ratings. All his nonsensical ranting is what gets his name in our discussions.

He is a media troll, is what he is. And just like blog trolls, the first rule of thumb is “don’t feed the trolls”.

Lawrence on October 13, 2006 at 10:37 AM

Darn it… I want to be on his worst list… what do I have to do… dress like Bill O’Rielly on Halloween and go trick or treating to Olby’s house?

E L Frederick on October 13, 2006 at 10:46 AM

Who is Keith Olberman?

George on October 13, 2006 at 11:39 AM

The “with us or against us” expression refers only to the WoT and was used on Sept. 20 in the address to Congress, and again on Nov. 7, 2001. Not on Iraq.

Entelechy on October 13, 2006 at 12:42 PM

Coronagold on October 12, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Allah should petition Michelle for hazardous duty (or is it doodie) pay for being forced to watch Olberman clips. If its a condition of his employment, Michelle might be in violation of the Geneva Convention.

thirteen28 on October 13, 2006 at 1:01 PM

I’m going to blow a head gasket if I have to see this idiot one more time.

PRCalDude on October 13, 2006 at 5:44 PM

I’m not entertained…in the least.

But Shmuck is a funny word….

Joe on October 13, 2006 at 7:36 PM

Mega Yankee dittos Coronagold. The reason I initially joined this Hot Air thing was too vent against that
“American Pie” Dad lookalike. I’ve decided not view his
blowharded O’Reilly hating nonsense to keep my from
using a 45 on my monitor. : )

—————————————–

I won’t watch Olbys’ clip. I’vie never watch Olby clips. The stills alone nauseate me. I’ll gladly take Allahs’ word about his review.
Coronagold )

Texyank on October 14, 2006 at 1:39 PM

Once again, honora:

Let’s pay attention, shall we?

Rick on October 14, 2006 at 2:32 PM