Video: Dan Savage wants Green Party candidate dragged behind a pickup truck

posted at 12:32 pm on October 12, 2006 by Allahpundit

Via Stephen Morse of the Daily Pennsylvanian.

Some right-wing naifs will read the title of this post, not knowing who Dan Savage is, and misunderstand his political affiliation. To spare them from lunchtime shock, I’ll go ahead and link the “Santorum section” of his Wikipedia bio and his infamous report from Gary Bauer’s campaign HQ back in 2000, in which he decided to wage a little impromptu germ warfare. It involves licking knobs, which shouldn’t come as a surprise.

You’re advised to read both before you watch. Oh, and content warning. Of course.

Comments

I am in no way affiliated with this scruffy punk.

Savage on October 12, 2006 at 12:34 PM

It involves licking knobs, which shouldn’t come as a surprise.

…in any context.

Kid from Brooklyn on October 12, 2006 at 12:37 PM

I know Savage’s actions as a Gary Bauer ‘volunteer’ were awful, but I have to admit – that story made me laugh.

Overall, I’m not a big fan of the guy, though. He’s of the Sullivan “all politics is deeply personal” mold and gets rather screedy at times in his writing.

Slublog on October 12, 2006 at 12:38 PM

More data so support the South Park theory about 1/4 of the population.

bbz123 on October 12, 2006 at 12:58 PM

A truly disgusting display. Between all the expletives and the hate speech, his idiocy shines through.

Was he even serious with this, or just saying it for airtime?

GregH on October 12, 2006 at 1:04 PM

douche

yo on October 12, 2006 at 1:08 PM

there are three kinds, those that vote with their hearts, those that vote with their heads and those that vote with their fists.

Ennuipundit on October 12, 2006 at 1:09 PM

Was he even serious with this, or just saying it for airtime?

GregH on October 12, 2006 at 1:04 PM

This is pretty typical of Dan Savage. He’s a hate-filled person, and is very spiteful and demeaning towards anyone with whom he disagrees. IMHO, he’s an embarrassment of the gay community.

Vic on October 12, 2006 at 1:31 PM

One sick puppy. Why … or how can some people define themselves solely by sex? Is that all a gay is? Their “sexuality”? Their lives seem to revolve around nothing else.

darwin on October 12, 2006 at 1:47 PM

IMHO, he’s an embarrassment of the gay community.

He’s an embarrassment to the human race.

dalewalt on October 12, 2006 at 1:49 PM

It’s interesting what YouTube will & will not ban.

Stephen M on October 12, 2006 at 2:00 PM

What are heterosexual sexual minorities?

Brainster on October 12, 2006 at 2:34 PM

What are heterosexual sexual minorities?

Good question. I’m assuming he’s refering to Heterosexuals whose sexual practices differ from the majority of the surrounding society; including fetishists and practitioners of Bondage & Discipline, Domination & Submission, and/or Sadomasochism (collectively referred to as BDSM). It probably also includes people who may be strictly heterosexual and whose choice of actual sex acts may be of the vanilla variety, but whose choice of partner or partners is unusual, such as swingers, polyamorists or people in other nonmonogamous relationships, or people who strongly prefer sex partners of a disparate age, necrophiliacs, etc. But I’m just guessing.

Whatever you do, just don’t click on anything on the internet that says “Asian Fetish”, preceded by or followed by Eels, Octopus, Squid, Lunch, Fudge Dragon, or Tubgirl… ewwwwwww

SilverStar830 on October 12, 2006 at 3:07 PM

Now that’s what I call a serious hissy fit

What are heterosexual sexual minorities?

I thought it was those that do it under the covers and those who do it above.

I try to keep life simple, like me.

Kini on October 12, 2006 at 3:43 PM

SO is it a minority position to do it with the lights on?

bbz123 on October 12, 2006 at 5:09 PM

Someone has their panties in a knot.

Wade on October 12, 2006 at 5:23 PM

Yeah…uh huh…another tolerant deep intellectual lib.

tickleddragon on October 12, 2006 at 5:45 PM

Uh, no offense, but electorally speaking, what he said has a solid basis.

The fact that I disagree with his politics, and thus, his ridiculous and grotesquely overblown view of the fascist state America has become (my synopsis of his words, not actually his words) has nothing to do with what I see as the truth of his statement that, too often, the left has let the acceptable become the enemy of their perfect.

His entire exposition was about electoral strategy, and not at all, other than as examples, to do with his lefty politics.

As to his panties being in a knot, or him actually wishing physical harm to anyone, I’m quite comfortable believing he’s playing to form, as I would expect. He has a reputation to maintain, after all, and it predates his “Santorum” campaign.

Patton on October 12, 2006 at 11:39 PM

I wonder if knob-licking causes brain damage?!

SAVAGE: I don’t believe everything that comes out of MY mouth.

Uhhmmm…Yeah. Well, at least he’s not in the minority there. Although I have to wonder if that’s an indication there could be more than one personality at work in his psyche.

SAVAGE: Santorum is an a**hole.

I would think that would be a good thing to gay men since they…like to…uh…Well.

Lone Star on October 13, 2006 at 5:59 AM

Whatever happened to, “I’ll scratch your eyes out bitch!” ??

Coronagold on October 13, 2006 at 7:30 AM

Last I heard on local (Pennsylvania) radio a few weeks ago, a judge had throwin the Green candidate out of the election. So why complain about it? Or did he get back on, and I just missed it?

rightwingprof on October 13, 2006 at 10:28 AM