Video: South Park spoofs Truther morons

posted at 11:27 pm on October 11, 2006 by Allahpundit

Good stuff, although when you’re aiming at a target this wide it’s hard to miss.

Here’s a short edit. It picks up in the oval office, where Stan, Kyle, and a 911Truth idiot have been brought by the CIA after finding out too much. But what transpires there proves to be a ruse, and only later do they learn the shocking truth — that the Truthers themselves are part of the conspiracy.

Which isn’t the first time that particular charge has been leveled, and won’t be the last.

Update: Greg Tinti has posted the entire episode.

Comments

but 1/4th of the population is retarded

ROFL

Benaiah on October 11, 2006 at 11:35 PM

It was pretty funny, though I think it could have been a lot better at mocking these a-holes. Of course it’s only a half hour show so I can’t blame them. I just wish “President Bush’s” monologue of how they did it had been much longer, mocking more of the “points” the truthers raise (i.e. the thousands of people who would have to have been involved, controlled demolitions don’t happen from the top down, etc.). But still, not bad.

RightWinged on October 11, 2006 at 11:36 PM

NOW I get my chance..

Heh..mud monkey

HerrMorgenholz on October 11, 2006 at 11:37 PM

This would NOT be considered my “normal” television viewing. I watch the news, (FOX) and weather and on occasion, Nip Tuck. I broke down and watched Southpark tonight with my 14 year old son.
Between the turd in the urinal and the conspiracy theory, my son loved it.
I must say, I was surprised to see Southpark “poo-pooh” the truthers.
Yep, “1/4 of Americans are retarded”.
That line got both of us!

MITX on October 11, 2006 at 11:38 PM

From those of us who don’t have cable because we moved out of our parents’ house and only went for the broadband connection so haven’t seen a current SP episode in 8 years, much love to Allah.

“Ever ever.” Greatest line… oh, you know.

Editor on October 11, 2006 at 11:47 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Christoph on October 11, 2006 at 11:47 PM

I’ll be watching it in a few minutes, and I just hope it will be worth the pain that wifey will give me for watching the ‘disgusting crud’. Um, she doesn’t say crud though.

I know! I’ll just blame it on Allah! :oP~~~

DannoJyd on October 11, 2006 at 11:48 PM

OMG. There is a CTer at work that I just love to skewer on occasion. A few weeks ago, I left a print out of The New Desecraters on his desk. Now this confirms it … he is part of the 1/4 of the population that is retarded … or else, he is part of the real conspiracy! Ha! No, he’s retarded. He pinned the cartoon up on the wall. He just doesn’t get it.

LissaKay on October 11, 2006 at 11:52 PM

Nothing is sacred to these guys and CC except Mohammed.

Valiant on October 11, 2006 at 11:57 PM

Cheney misses once and he’s forever labeled a poor shot. Poor guy.

Savage on October 12, 2006 at 12:01 AM

Cheney misses once and he’s forever labeled a poor shot. Poor guy.

Savage on October 12, 2006 at 12:01 AM

Savage, you need to “ask questions”! Cheney shot that guy because he knew about the 9/11 plot and appeared uneasy about it. Obviously Cheney couldn’t get away with killing him, but that was a warning shot.

RightWinged on October 12, 2006 at 12:19 AM

Valiant, why are you lumping Stone and Parker in with Comedy Central on that?

DaveS on October 12, 2006 at 12:19 AM

“So, who caused 9/11?”

“A bunch of pissed-off Muslims.”

Nominate it for an Emmy!

Bellicose Muse on October 12, 2006 at 12:20 AM

I’m catching it on the second time around right now …

*tilts head to side*
Really?!?

Crackin’ me up!

And I don’t even particularly care for South Park, but damn I need the laugh today … or some ice cream. Better yet, both!

LissaKay on October 12, 2006 at 12:25 AM

That’s crazy!…really? Social Commentary by little round children. I love South Park.

Joe on October 12, 2006 at 12:32 AM

“Um-kay. Who thinks its a cool idea to go into the boys bathroom, pull down your pants, point your bare butt at a clean white urinal and….”

journeyscarab on October 12, 2006 at 12:33 AM

What happened to Kenny?

DannoJyd on October 12, 2006 at 12:34 AM

1/4th of the population is retarded

Never before has the truth been said so succinctly, though IMHO the number is significantly more than 1/4.

Vic on October 12, 2006 at 12:41 AM

Two things:
DannoJyd,
Kenny is Karl Rove….how do you think he can die and reincarnate every week?

FYI Demo Underground is in full melt down mode as we speak!

TBinSTL on October 12, 2006 at 12:44 AM

I like Cheney as the crocodile hunter
and that was a beautiful clip, BRILLIANT I SAY!

Defector01 on October 12, 2006 at 1:03 AM

I thought the “South Park-ized” caricatures of Rumsfeld and Rice were terrific.

And how about Cheney’s cross-bow shot? Ricocheted off a vase then dead-center into the fire alarm!

“Dang it! Missed again.”

DuffBeer on October 12, 2006 at 1:21 AM

HerrMorgenholz:

Heh..mud monkey

Me too. I usually hate that kind of thing; way too coarse for my puritanical ears. But they did about 50 back to back, and it got funnier and funnier and worse and worse :)

Axe on October 12, 2006 at 2:46 AM

1/4 of Americans are retarded

“Misunderestimated” – otherwise the polls wouldn’t be near 50/50% on so many occasions.

Entelechy on October 12, 2006 at 3:45 AM

Wow. Funniest SP clip, ever. “Really?” Sally Struthers gorging on DingDongs was good, but this takes the cake.

Truthers.org probably originated from a typo. They were trying to say the word ‘truce’ but their lisps kept getting in the way.

Coronagold on October 12, 2006 at 7:15 AM

Butters, why do you believe it?

Cause he told me.

Over at the Loose Change crowd it will never, ever, ever be Dylan Avery and Kore Rowe again – it will be The Hardley Boys!

Wander on October 12, 2006 at 8:27 AM

Love South Park and their usual skewering of stupid people.

Way to go Trey and Matt!

webproze on October 12, 2006 at 8:41 AM

From what I heard, one of the creators (I forget which one) said something to the effect of, “I don’t like conservatives, but I hate liberals.”

If you watch South Park regularly, you’ll probably feel insulted at some point (they’re equal opportunity insulters), but I’d say it’s worth it. I love that show.

Sure they make fun of Christians regularly with their cartoon Jesus and rat-type God, but the shows on Scientology and environmentalists are incredible.

Oh and for those who don’t like Streisand, well they probably hate her more than you ever could.

Thanks for the clip, Allah. I have cable but didn’t watch it last night. That was good.

Esthier on October 12, 2006 at 9:19 AM

Oh, I’m getting a clue right now.

Gottafang on October 12, 2006 at 9:48 AM

South Park hated Streissand before it was cool to hate Streissand. And considering that its always been cool to hate Streissand, that’s quite a feat.

Savage on October 12, 2006 at 9:57 AM

Southpark is a good!

Brian on October 12, 2006 at 11:52 AM

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are Objectivist thinkers similar to Cox & Forkum. Their use of borderline raunchy humour is intentional. Their point being that you should pay attention to the underlying point being conveyed and not judge the tecnique of it’s delivery. Pratically every episode the have produced has a carefuly planned point.

Here are two interviews with both Trey and Matt.

2005 Interview

Team American Interview

Egfrow on October 12, 2006 at 12:00 PM

Awesome. Just awesome.

thirteen28 on October 12, 2006 at 12:09 PM

And that is why Matt and Trey are the smartest and funniest guys in TV.

GenFX on October 12, 2006 at 12:11 PM

This one just ranked up into my Top 10, when Stan pulls the gun on Kyle I just lost it and rolled off the couch laughing. Truly a ROFL moment.

Only problem is that now my Top 10 is an 11 and I cant figure out which one to demote. Cartman gets an anal probe? No way. Cruise in the closest? Can’t part with that. The Katrina episode? Tied at number one with Manbearpig. Introducing Timmah? To painful to part with. The Chewbacca Defense? No way that’s getting demoted.

Ah, hell, I’ll just change my Top 10 to a Top 25 and keep them all.

Trey and Matt are the best satirists of the last quarter century, probably longer.

–Jason

Jason Coleman on October 12, 2006 at 12:22 PM

Loved the episode and thanks for the link, Allah! Some classic bits in there, especially the “What are you, retarded?” line. That’s one I’m sure will be used on a bunch of our 9-11 Denier commenters.

Brainster on October 12, 2006 at 1:16 PM

Owe! That Hurt! Really!

Thanks Allah! Now I’ve gone and hurt myself laughing! And at work no less! My wife has banned me from watching South Park after I watched only one episode and did not stop laughing for a week. She would catch me giggling to myself for no reason. She would ask and get the answer “South Park” in between giggles erupting into laughter. Finally she stopped asking and just banned the show.

Priest on October 12, 2006 at 1:42 PM

that was a nice thing to wastch before walking into civil procedure

Defector01 on October 12, 2006 at 2:10 PM

Priest,

Uh…

How does your wife “ban” a show from you, as if you are not an adult yourself and haven’t the power to watch what you’d like?

I’m sorry, that just strikes me as particularly scary – especially how you report this as if it’s a perfectly normal thing for a wife to have the power to “ban” a show from her husband.

By the way, I would find the reverse, a husband “banning” something from his wife, just as horrifying.

daviddunn on October 12, 2006 at 3:06 PM

I didn’t start watching SP till like a year ago, I need to get the DVD collections of the first nine seasons and have myself a lost weekend of laughter.
I try really hard to stay up and watch it,but again last night fell asleep half way through (4 AM wake-up has its drawbacks),so the link was a welcome surprise today,thanks!

bbz123 on October 12, 2006 at 4:42 PM

SP is definitely too crude for my tastes, but I laughed out loud at the last part of the edited version.

So who DID cause 9/11?

tbolick on October 12, 2006 at 6:41 PM

Well, I finally got the chance to watch it and all I can say is that they got the Hardy Boys wrong…Frank wast the dark-haired one, Joe the blonde.

/read those books a kazillion times as a kid…

Bob's Kid on October 12, 2006 at 9:25 PM

Also not to be missed by South Park creators Parker and Stone is one of my guilty pleasures – the movie, Team America: World Police. It’s worth watching for the rousing anthem “America – F**k Yeah!” alone.
The movie is an equal opportunity offender, like South Park, and the puppetry and sets are amazing.

Indy Mark on October 13, 2006 at 12:25 AM

… because we moved out of our parents’ house …

Wow. Bad move man.

Axe on October 13, 2006 at 5:24 AM

“I think I’m gettin’ a clue.”

Mark is right, if ya haven’t seen Team America yet … DROP AND GIMME 20! This movie should be required viewing for all Hotairheads.

Tony737 on October 13, 2006 at 7:48 AM

daviddun it is my playful form of speach.

neither my wife nor I have “power” over each other. The anecdote is somewhat true however I did spend days gigling and had it pointed out by her as amusing. She thought it was cute. However, being selfconscious i decided not to watch again in case I made a fool of myself giggling uncontrollably.

Long marriages that are good have a tendency of being fun stories both of us do it if it offends I am sorry you think so.

Priest on October 13, 2006 at 11:08 AM