Video: Kerry jokes about killing Bush

posted at 12:23 pm on October 10, 2006 by Allahpundit

He’s not homicidal, says the boss, just stupid. True enough, although I think it’s more than that. He likes the tough talk.

Makes him feel like a man.

From last night’s Hannity & Colmes. Say, Alan makes a good point, doesn’t he?

Think Waffles will see it when it plays America later this year?

bush-doap.png

Comments

That’s pretty sad. You can just see his thoughts. “Please like me, netroots. Please please please!”

Slublog on October 10, 2006 at 12:33 PM

I guess we know who bought the rights to “Death of a President.” I am sure he had a dandy time at the Toronto Film Fest.

mdconservative on October 10, 2006 at 12:34 PM

As the jokes bombed, he had to be thinking, “Don’t you know who I am?”

Ennuipundit on October 10, 2006 at 12:41 PM

Thank GOD he is not our president. Unbelievably stupid man. Can you imagine what he could/would have said at some point in the oval office? Or on air? Luckily he’s just an embarrassment to Massachusetts and his wife, but the Mass’ians dont care and his wife can buy her way out of the rut.

shooter on October 10, 2006 at 12:41 PM

Don’t recall Ann Coulter being an elected official of anything, yet Colmes wants to compare her to a sitting Senator.

Wade on October 10, 2006 at 12:44 PM

This mental midget continues to embarrass the People’s Republic of Massachusetts.

I wish he would just go away.

Corky on October 10, 2006 at 12:46 PM

Al Gore – Loser becomes unhinged alarmist warning immediate global destruction via global warming (Hint: Measure the temperture of the sun)

John Kerry – Loser becomes unhinged screamer with no real main issue just whatever the flavor of the day is, hence sticking to his waffles roots

Howard Dean – Bigger Loser now relegated to being told to shut up and beg by Nancy Pelosi

I was taught as a kid that I would more by how I acted when defeated then by how I acted when I won, obviously none of these guys played any organized sports.

LakeRuins on October 10, 2006 at 12:50 PM

I get Colmes’s point, but it didn’t seem like Hannity was trying to defend her.

Besides, people like Coulter or they don’t. But she has no political power. She’s simply an author. If we were going to ask authors and other nonpoliticians to appologize for wanting to kill the president, the line would begin long before Coulter and stop long after her.

Which isn’t to say it’s OK.

But I’m not expecting an appology to come from Kerry. At least he didn’t talk about driving a stake in Bush’s heart the way Sheehan has.

Esthier on October 10, 2006 at 12:51 PM

(Hint: Measure the temperture of the sun)

What do you mean? I haven’t heard this one.

Esthier on October 10, 2006 at 12:53 PM

HARI-KERRY SPEECH: Self-wounding political statements.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on October 10, 2006 at 12:55 PM

Watching Kerry trying to be funny was painful. He seemed uncomfortable during the entire piece.

GregH on October 10, 2006 at 12:56 PM

The anti-war group that John Kerry was the principal spokesman for debated and voted on a plot to assassinate politicians who supported the Vietnam War.

Mr. Kerry denies being present at the November 12-15, 1971, meeting in Kansas City of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, and says he quit the group before the meeting. But according to the current head of Missouri Veterans for Kerry, Randy Barnes, Mr. Kerry,who was then 27,was at the meeting, voted against the plot, and then orally resigned from the organization.

I am sure that this was just a poor attempt at a joke, but when you have a history….

Does the Senator worry that there might be a new generation questioning, just as he once did, whether or not to assassinate politicians that supported the war? I suppose it all makes his comment that much more ironic.

rw on October 10, 2006 at 12:57 PM

You think maybe the secret service should investigate? Maybe they could check his background as well?

d1carter on October 10, 2006 at 12:58 PM

Wonder what would happen if Bush joked about murdering some Dem Party hot shots?

Defector01 on October 10, 2006 at 12:59 PM

John Kerry is such an Ass hat… what a joke. Long Live W.!!!

Sacwannabe on October 10, 2006 at 1:06 PM

(Hint: Measure the temperture of the sun)
What do you mean? I haven’t heard this one.

Esthier on October 10, 2006 at 12:53 PM

Heard this from one of the guys on the weather channel one day when they were discussing Global Warming. He was scientist who said he couldn’t believe that everybody was overlooking the obvious when it comes to any theoretical talk of global warming. The amount of heat being generated by the sun has risen recently as evidenced by increased surface temperaures measured on other planets and from probes in orbit. There is increased solar flare activity also.
He left the viewer with the thought that sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one.

LakeRuins on October 10, 2006 at 1:10 PM

I guess it’s a fair statement that Alan doesn’t like Ann? sarc/

Catie96706 on October 10, 2006 at 1:14 PM

Unbelievable. Hannity was right, Colmes had a point, but Hannity was right. That was so out of line, and this comment will come back to bite him big time, IMHO. He can kiss his chances of getting the nomination good bye.

CrimsonFisted on October 10, 2006 at 1:17 PM

Not a sore loser…just a loser, period!

SouthernGent on October 10, 2006 at 1:19 PM

(Hint: Measure the temperture of the sun)
What do you mean? I haven’t heard this one.

Real scientists, meaning those not in the pockets of an agenda-driven organization, document very faithfully that variation in the sun’s radiance is the primary factor in determining Earth’s mean temperature. As if anything else could be true.

The Kyoto crowd, if they had a scintilla of integrity, should look on this information with gladness, that the planet isn’t headed for climate catastrophe, that humanity is not destroying itself using global warming. Instead, they villify and distort. Well, they learned at the feet of Darwin’s disciples, what could we expect?

Freelancer on October 10, 2006 at 1:25 PM

JOHN FORBES KERRY: Snore loser.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on October 10, 2006 at 1:30 PM

I kinda of agree with Michelle. It seems like it was just a lame attempt at being funny. Kerry is pretty lame,BTW I think Bill Maher is dolt too. Just thought I’d mention that.

vcferlita on October 10, 2006 at 1:33 PM

What we see in the video is hot air (not this site) talking about its grandeur and what could have beeen, if only we wouldn’t have been so stupid.

His smirks, oh those smirks. He’s so full of himself that it even pains him.

Petulant prima donna! Insufferable stiff!

This tape will be perfect for the 2008 primaries.

Most disgusting of all were not him and the host, but the brainless audience, which clapped histerically at the “one bird” statement.

Yes, disappointed in some ways with Mr. Bush but all in all, still a sane vote in 2004.

Entelechy on October 10, 2006 at 1:41 PM

I think the reason this is suchy a touchy subject is because everyone knows liberals would actually like to see W dead. The psychotic-level hatred they direct at this man is one for the history books. They get squirmy and uncomfortable when the subject of their secret dream coming true comes up.

Halley on October 10, 2006 at 1:45 PM

LakeRuins, interesting point.

I’ve heard of warming scientists who speak about solar flares, but not that specific idea.

Esthier on October 10, 2006 at 1:49 PM

Kerry’s a dork, so only dorky things appeal to his sense of “humor”. So he makes dorky one-liners and almost nobody laughs, because he really is dorkier than the dorkiest dork in almost any crowd.

NellE on October 10, 2006 at 2:01 PM

i feel sorry for Sean Hannity, having to work with Colmes 5 days a week.

Starblazer on October 10, 2006 at 2:04 PM

what a jackass.

CP on October 10, 2006 at 2:39 PM

whadya bet the clip of Bush getting “clipped” in the movie makes its way into a jihadi video?

CP on October 10, 2006 at 2:43 PM

…or maybe a DNC ad with Dean screaming about taking back the White House, yeaaaaarrrgh!

CP on October 10, 2006 at 2:44 PM

Kerry remains a horse’s ass with a horse’s face.

Is it just me or does it look like his head is 6 inches wide and 2 feet high in that video clip? A likeness to TreeBeard in the Lord of the Rings if you ask me.

fogw on October 10, 2006 at 2:47 PM

Don’t forget this is a war “hero” who stood by and did NOTHING (and in fact, didn’t he also help) while his fellow soldiers torched villages in Vietnam? (“Platoon” was on the other night, reminded me of this). Obviously, he still has that mentality. (I’m surprised the left doesn’t chalk his stupid comments up to PTSD)

BigOrangeAxe on October 10, 2006 at 4:08 PM

You all missed it…and I am surprised at you!

Kerry’s teeth are whiter and he’s completely rebotoxed!

Guess who’s runnin’ for president?

Besides Hillary…..Hey, can you Botox thick ankles?

Jimmyboy1 on October 10, 2006 at 5:14 PM

I’ve been hearing reports of Americans joking about killing liberal Congress People… Oh, wait! That was terrorists making those comments, and they might not have been kidding. I get confused what with the liberals working so hard to give the terrorists the same rights afforded to Americans under our Constitution.

DannoJyd on October 10, 2006 at 5:29 PM

What I can’t believe was Alan Colmes being so clueless as to think that Real Time With Bill Maher is a comedy show. That is right up there with calling Farenheit 9-11 a documentary.

DAT60A3 on October 10, 2006 at 7:59 PM

DAT well if you had to categorize it that’s as good of something as anything is
btw Alan did make a valid point about Coulter; she has talked about assasinating Clinton on a number of ocassions adn I do remember thinking how that crossed the line.

Defector01 on October 10, 2006 at 10:14 PM