Video: Former page says Foley was known as “FFF”; Update: Fox graphic labels Foley “(D-FL)”

posted at 9:21 pm on October 3, 2006 by Allahpundit

Watch the clip if you want to know what that stands for. This guy says Foley tried to initiate a little l’amour Internet with him too.

Sounds like he was scouting these kids while they were pages, then contacting them after they left.

Seixon catches Kos and company conflating the non-salacious e-mails that Hastert knew about with the very salacious IMs that he didn’t. Exactly as the playbook suggests.

Has the backlash begun?

Update: What’s wrong with this picture?

foley-dfl.jpg

I actually don’t think this is intentional. I’ve caught at least three spelling errors in Fox headlines over the past few days. Their new copy editor (assuming there is a new copy editor) is a moron.

Comments

No one likes people down in the mud, but no one likes democrats gleefully playing with the mud either.

SouthernGent on October 3, 2006 at 9:37 PM

Prey tells

cute one.

pullingmyhairout on October 3, 2006 at 9:40 PM

This man (Foley) is sick!

Dawnsblood on October 3, 2006 at 9:47 PM

Has fall Foleyage reached its peak?

JammieWearingFool on October 3, 2006 at 9:50 PM

Maybe I missed it, but… who got screwed?

I’ve heard about the nasty IM, salacious emails, smirky contacts, rides in a Beemer…

Does anyone have a stained blue dress yet? Whose honor has been sullied? Any virginities snatched away?

Sure! Foley is a perv and sicko and stupid as Streisand on valium for poaching in the pagish royal preserve, but except for electronic heavy breathing (ew) where is (are) the injured?

Out he is, and out he should be, but without so much as a Corona-Corona in an underage orifice… what the hell is going on here? Dirty phone calls to kids?

heldmyw on October 3, 2006 at 9:58 PM

Note that Fox had Foley listed as Mark Foley (D-FLA). That’s a huge mistake as it will lead the Kosaacks to claim even more than Fox is a shill for the GOP and O’Reilly is too.

sswenviron on October 3, 2006 at 10:01 PM

Someone said “fag” on FoxNews…ruh-roh!

SouthernGent on October 3, 2006 at 10:08 PM

Someone said “fag” on FoxNews…ruh-roh!

SouthernGent on October 3, 2006 at 10:08 PM

That was actually the most entertaining part about this… Just imagining the lefty “Fox News watchdogs” steaming over this kid saying “fag” 3 or 4 times.

RightWinged on October 3, 2006 at 10:14 PM

The KoS KraZiEs are going absolutely batshit over the labeling mistake. It’s quite entertaining, if you can stand it.

p0s3r on October 3, 2006 at 10:25 PM

I question the timing of identifying Foley with the Dems (D-FL). Does Bush’s cousin stil work at Fox?

Valiant on October 3, 2006 at 10:39 PM

Early in the cashola in the freezer episode, William Jefferson, Democrat Louisana, was labelled republican in some news stories I believe. Perhaps fox is plagued by the same odd technical difficulties that CNN gets whenever Dick Cheney is speaking…

austinnelly on October 3, 2006 at 10:42 PM

p0s3r,

I was joking but thanks for the tip. I am still ROTF because they popped a brain aneurysm over there:

This is outrageous!

If anyone has TIVo or knows of someone who taped it we need to get this to Media Matters.

What a f******g piece of s**t channel!

Apologies for a short diary but it’s s**t like this that needs to be exposed and I had to get it out.

Valiant on October 3, 2006 at 10:46 PM

I can only stomach the DK or DU sites maybe once a week. Although, really, it’s good for my diet since they both make me queasy.

SouthernGent on October 3, 2006 at 10:48 PM

This is outrageous!

And just what is Media Matters going to do about it?

Pam on October 3, 2006 at 10:56 PM

How ’bout that—I wonder how they’d take it if Fox only identified someone involved in a scandal by party if it was a Democrat, or if they described every Democrat as an extreme liberal or a left wing liberal, and Republicans as Moderates? What if they arranged with Ann Coulter and Dick Cheney to publish books just weeks before an election, and had daily interviews with them for a week? What if Fox got the notion to do everything the MSM does for the DNC, knowing that all they need to do is make a splash with a headline and then refer to any criticism as discredited, partisan spinning by poorly educated, incurious, less than intellectual hacks with axes to grind? Do you think they DUers would appreciate the irony?

NellE on October 3, 2006 at 11:14 PM

Allah,

I know you have seen this at Gateway Pundit, but isn’t this post at BlogActive more interesting than the rest:

On his Oct. 1st post he writes how the DCCC is finally getting it and how he e-mailed them BEFORE the story broke. And then he says they are DELETING His comments at the DCCC where he says “I spoke with Bill Burton at the DCCC about this and I’m so glad you guys were able to jump in on the heels of my work.”

This was Sept. 29th. Interesting. huh? Deleting his coments? Well, I can’t imagine why.

http://www.blogactive.com/2006/1…s-bad- news.html

Rightwingsparkle on October 3, 2006 at 11:39 PM

oops, here is the link:

http://www.blogactive.com/2006/1…s-bad- news.html

Rightwingsparkle on October 3, 2006 at 11:40 PM

dang it! HERE.

Rightwingsparkle on October 3, 2006 at 11:41 PM

The mislabelingof Democrats in trouble as being Republicans has happened several times in the last couple of years by the rest of the MSM , but I can’t dig the exact memory out of cobwebs. I know at least one was a black politician, I think in Wisconsin? Anybody? Bueller?

wordwarp on October 4, 2006 at 12:38 AM

Those Kos Kids sure are funny.

Catie96706 on October 4, 2006 at 2:15 AM

Has the backlash begun?

It has as far as I am concerned!

georgej on October 4, 2006 at 3:29 AM

Well, its pretty obvious to me that the copy editor is a Rove plant.

GT on October 4, 2006 at 5:40 AM

Chris Matthews included William Jefferson in a list of scandal-plagued Republicans on the Tonight Show, night before last. They do this sort of thing all the time. That, or if it’s a Dem in trouble, they just forget to mention his party.

juliesa on October 4, 2006 at 10:34 AM

Well, #1, who the hell saves IM messages? Maybe chatting 12 year old girls do.

#2, How do we know it was him on the IM’s. I ahve had my password compromised a time or two with all the password stealing/keylogging viruses around. Maybe someone knows enought to steal his.

#3 Why reveal any of it now, and then go after the Speaker of the House too?

#4 Where’s Hillary hiding?

johnnyU on October 4, 2006 at 12:02 PM

oops #5

I guess only CNN can accidentally put things on screens. i.e. “X”-ing out faces, subliminal backgrounds etc.

johnnyU on October 4, 2006 at 12:04 PM

Kudos to Fox:) Now if we had a real conservative network instead of just a fair and balanced one.

faraway on October 4, 2006 at 12:21 PM

Think if Foley had been a Democrat. This FFF would have been considered blasphemy! I wish these former pages had come forward sooner.

Fritz on October 4, 2006 at 1:41 PM