Angry Muslim confronts British soldier … in his hospital bed

posted at 12:43 pm on October 2, 2006 by Allahpundit

Basra? Baghdad?

Try Birmingham:

Seriously wounded soldiers have complained that they are worried about their safety after being left on wards that are open to the public at Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham.

On one occasion a member of the Parachute Regiment, still dressed in his combat uniform after being evacuated from Afghanistan, was accosted by a Muslim over the British involvement in the country.

“You have been killing my Muslim brothers in Afghanistan,” the man said during a tirade.

Because the soldier was badly injured and could not defend himself, he was very worried for his safety, sources told The Daily Telegraph.

It’s not an isolated incident. A British reservist flown to Selly Oak got a heads-up from the staff when he arrived:

“The first thing they said to me was to take my uniform off in case I offended anyone,” he recalls. “I couldn’t believe it…”

Now why would they say that?

Birmingham, Birmingham… I know someone who’s spent time in Birmingham.

Rusty knows a lot of people who’ve spent time in Birmingham.

Comments

We can’t have soldiers offending anyone you know. Killing people is acceptable for a good cause, but offend someone is and you’ve crossed the line.

High Desert Wanderer on October 2, 2006 at 12:52 PM

Was the offended muslim wearing one of [url=http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/05/060905132119.i7c4tz8n.html]THESE[/url]?

SouthernGent on October 2, 2006 at 1:02 PM

AP – You really should have linked to the story in the Telegraph.

Babs on October 2, 2006 at 1:05 PM

As usual AP, you have a knack for finding the stories that piss me off the most.

Good post though.

Cary on October 2, 2006 at 1:45 PM

Ah, but someone just needs to explain to this British gentleman that he and the soldier are brothers in Britishness…

Alex K on October 2, 2006 at 2:05 PM

I was accosted in 1999 at LAX for wearing the uniform…. by the Marine liason SGT. “This is an International Airport, son! There’s plenty of people flyin’ through here every day would love nothing more than kill an American in uniform. Change into some civvies!”

This was in ninety-freakin’-nine, but somehow, I got the idea he wasn’t talking about radical Michigan militiamen.

Kadnine on October 2, 2006 at 3:05 PM

Alex K on October 2, 2006 at 2:05 PM

Alex K, surely you meant ‘Eureabianess’, you PC and multi-culti ignorant bloke…/sarc off

Entelechy on October 2, 2006 at 3:09 PM

the soldiers should be allowed to have pistols attached to hteir beds for easy reaching and shooting

Defector01 on October 2, 2006 at 3:51 PM

It’s a damn shame that this soldier did not have a Walther PPK at his side under the covers so that he could have blown the slimey snakes head off his sholders!!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on October 2, 2006 at 8:01 PM

‘Eureabianess’, you PC and multi-culti ignorant bloke…

I need a new lexicon…

Ought to send them to Glasgow. Thats one bad-ass town. Let those militantf*#ks run around their hospitals threatening our boys. ( or is even glasgow iSLAMED already?)
Sure glad I’ve been to London… and much of England and Scotland as well. I dont think I have any interest in going there….. ever again at this rate of dhimmigration.
ISLAM- I SLAM i-slam Europe has been “SLAMed”

yup, need another lexicon. Now to print some hats and t-shirts…any t-shirt companies still reading/posting here?

shooter on October 2, 2006 at 8:29 PM

Ah, so he’s a terrorist sympathizer eh! His damn “brothers” in Afghanistan allowed the Taliban to grow in power and allowed AQ to flourish, ultimately lead to the slaughtering of 3,000 innocent people on 9-11!

I say arrest the terrorist sympathizing scum POS along with all his “btothers” and ship their A**es to Gitmo…NOW!!!

Liberty or Death on November 25, 2007 at 1:14 PM