Video: Olbermann calls Ailes fat eight times in seven minutes; Update: The 18-second gap

posted at 11:17 pm on September 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

Approximately seven minutes, I should say. I didn’t clock the segment.

Takeaway: “So donate the hundred thousand to his charity, fat ass.”

The Edward R. Murrow of our generation.

Update: What crucial bit of information did Olby edit out of an NBC News interview with one of George Allen’s accusers? Johnny Dollar knows.

Comments

Seriously?

It really makes the “play to the base” comment come across as especially ironic when you condense it down like that.

DaveS on September 29, 2006 at 11:34 PM

Olberspittle has made it official, hate is a mental illness.

(But Ailes does remind me of Alfred Hitchcock)

speed647 on September 29, 2006 at 11:39 PM

Olby’s trying to pick a fight… that’s all he does, hoping to get a trickle of a few viewers of his competitors to come see “what outrageous thing will KO say tonight?!”. I hope this is obvious to everyone. It became very clear that this was all he was about during the whole O’Reilly obsession. But you can understand his desperation when you begin pulling less viewers than game show reruns.

Anyone know if KO was up against a reruns of a game show about suitcase pickin’ again tonight?

RightWinged on September 29, 2006 at 11:42 PM

Wait. I thought Keef Olberdouche was supposed to be Howard Beale reincarnated. Well, that’s according to Reuters anyway. I suppose faking an image isn’t limited to just photoshopped pictures.

Again, Olberdouche’s ratings are almost in the tank. The only show he beats is Paula Zahn. Even Nancy Grace owns his ass. He’s such a putrid steaming pile of stank, he’ll stoop even lower if you just give him a little more time.

SilverStar830 on September 30, 2006 at 12:24 AM

I do believe this guy has a serious mental illness. He thinks he is Edward R Murrow. I used to tell the kids over at Digg that he was Groucho Marx’s grandson…I think they believed me. I think the best thing to do is to ignore this idiot as most people are obviously doing.

d1carter on September 30, 2006 at 12:25 AM

Looks like he’s desperate to gain viewership by foaming more and more at the mouth. He was just as nutty on ESPN. I’m surprised you’re posting so much of Olbermann; I think you’re giving him exactly what he wants.

Tom Blogical on September 30, 2006 at 12:28 AM

Olbermann reverted back to Olberkind again and threw another puerile tantrum!

Entelechy on September 30, 2006 at 1:05 AM

OLBERMANN, YOU’RE A LOSER
Find a hole/cave, or join Bin Laden s**thead.
Quit while you’re ahead.
Don’t forget to shut the lights off.
don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Ta, tat.
Don’t call us, we’ll call you…maybe.
Goodby, and good luck sucker.
Good riddance.
Get lost>
Get your A$$ out of here.
Go jump in the bay.
Take a hike.
So long.
See ya.
Don’t forget to put the dog out.
Hasta la vista baby/
Drive safely.
Have a nice day.
And my regards to you and the horse you rode in on.
I’m sorry it had to come to this.
Come back and see us sometime.
Write if you feel like it.
Leave the key under the mat.
Don’t leave mad, just leave.
Sorry it didn’t work out.
Win a few lose a few, huh keith.
Welcome home baby, now change the diapers.

byteshredder on September 30, 2006 at 1:07 AM

Wow, KO really takes obnoxious to new lows. This rant was grossly unprofessional. MSNBC can’t fire this guy anytime too soon. I still can’t fathom why he still has a show.

CP on September 30, 2006 at 1:52 AM

Sizist comments? Somebody’s about to lose the fat hippy demographic.

rw on September 30, 2006 at 2:39 AM

Olderman is such a prize example of what the leftist media has become that I find him to be a most usefull tool when needing something to point out to people as to why they do not want to become a liberal.

I’ll bet the little girl next door used to beat him up regularly. ;o)

DannoJyd on September 30, 2006 at 3:03 AM

that was exactly who he was trying to impersonate with his 9-minute emoting last week, ER Murrow. Sad. After watching that, I actually wiki’d him, to see if he had any kind of education, because the reasoning seemed so disconnected — he did actually get a BA in Broadcast Communication, and then he went on to a successful career as a sport announcer! He even had his own show on ESPN!

I was laughing my ass off.

Like all comic characters (and I learned this from the master himself) he is blind to his own obsessions, oblivious to how others perceive him — and the funny thing is, the entire Left, who used to be the party of Scoop Jackson and Joe Lieberman — willfully indulge him in his narcissistic fantasy! KOMEDY with a Kapital K!

wordwarp on September 30, 2006 at 3:10 AM

I gotta say it is time to tune this jerk out for a while. He is drowning and getting desperate for attention. Cut his oxygen off once and for all. At least, until he is on CNBC with Chris “Fathead” Matthews.

tommy1 on September 30, 2006 at 3:13 AM

Did I mention that his throwing out the figure of $100,000 cannot be a coincidence? Dollars to donuts that is exactly the amount that he so piously handed over to Pope Bill, in what, to any sane mind, was one of the most disgraceful moments in journalistic history.

But in his own, righteous, and quite un-sane mind… he… is the embodiment of…GOOD.

It would be funnier if it weren’t so creepy and pathetic.

wordwarp on September 30, 2006 at 3:13 AM

I don’t think Allahpundit needs anyone’s advice on whether to continue to cover KO’s disintegration (although I hasten to add that he should heed my advice not to cover the antics of the UN and the “Security Council” except as comedy). KO will lose his show when the executives at MSNBC see that he’s hurting the brand. Whenever Allahpundit calls attention to KO’s disgraceful behavior, he hastens the day when the executives perceive KO’s repulsiveness. As he continues to claim one victim after another, the MSM may learn to fear Allah as much as they fear, well–Allah.

Kralizec on September 30, 2006 at 3:42 AM

Well now of COURSE he would…

…one wouldn’t want to lose one’s boyish *AHEM* I mean girlish figure would one?

venmax on September 30, 2006 at 7:40 AM

Was Olberdouche telling fat jokes when Jerry Nachman was Editor in Chief at MSNBC?

Eh, he probably was, overgrown kindergartener that he is.

Pablo on September 30, 2006 at 8:02 AM

I think he’s already had “the talk” with Abrams. That, or the rumormill has already gotten the word around the office that he’s out soon. Olberdouche is just trying to go out in a blaze of glory. He knows he’s toast.

My gut instinct? The “special comments” were a part of his last attempt at salvaging his career at MSNBC. They didn’t work more than twice and now he knows that light at the end of the tunnel is actually a freight train. Crash and burn you noble savage, crash and burn.

The Apologist on September 30, 2006 at 9:36 AM

Maybe they’ll start a new news channel…MSNBC 2 (like espn2)
where Olberholerman can find a new home.. Broadcasting cable news to Antarctica, Lichtenstein and the Bermuda Triangle where he might really be appreciated (as historic mystery misery)

shooter on September 30, 2006 at 10:00 AM

I actually don’t have a problem if he calls Ailes a fat ass or whatever. He just shouldn’t go around thinking that he can suddenly flip a switch and become Edward R. Murrow. Lowbrow humor is fine with me, but it basically precludes you from the sanctimoniousness that has lately become KO’s favorite thing.

Squid Vicious on September 30, 2006 at 10:01 AM

Nuance, people, and acceptance, and not dogma or stereotyping, except for when the: fat, short, religious, rich, gay, Muslim, Jewish (yes, I know they could have been included in religious), homeless, professionals, Blacks, Asians, Latinos, teachers, disabled, women, bloggers, union members, government employees, politicians, intelligentsia, countries, etc. are conservative, balanced, or America-friendly.

Entelechy on September 30, 2006 at 11:35 AM

Not you Michael Moore. You’re one of the good fat-asses.

bigbeas on September 30, 2006 at 1:35 PM

So, how long is it going to be until this tool gets cancelled? Assuming, of course, that he isn’t rescued from the inevitable by George Soros, or the Glora Wise Boys and Girls Club.

Wolfman on September 30, 2006 at 2:32 PM

Look, you really need to give the man a break. He simply hasn’t gotten to two-syllable words yet. Since “cat” is scarcely an insult, “fat” is the best he can do. I should think you’d be glad that at least one liberal is making an effort to break the ignorance barrier.

Laura on October 1, 2006 at 12:58 AM

This guy is about 2 trailer park residents short of any Jerry Springer episode. Is anyone else getting that vibe? It’s almost like he’s goofing on himself and anyone with the bad taste or dead remote-control batteries to tune in. I take him as seriously as I take a Chihuahua owner with a “Beware of Dog” sign in the yard.

SailorDave on October 1, 2006 at 12:22 PM

SailorDave,

Excellent description.

I think most non-Koolaid drinkers would agree that Olbermann suffers from mental illness.

He’s obviously a megalomaniac; has delisions of grandeur; suffers the malignant strain of BDS; extreme narcissism. Oh yeah…and he’s a complete douchebag.

I for one am glad that Allah continues to highlight the jackass. If he had more of a following then I would be more apt go along with the “ignore him and see if he goes away” tact.

But the way things are, it’s more important to ridicule him than ignore him. And it’s more fun too.

Rosetta on October 1, 2006 at 5:38 PM

delisions of grandeur

He probably also has delusions of grandeur…

Rosetta on October 1, 2006 at 5:43 PM

Eh, he probably was, overgrown kindergartener that he is.

Pablo on September 30, 2006 at 8:02 AM

Yes, one thing we can’t tolerate is an overgrown kindergarterner…..;^)

honora on October 2, 2006 at 2:01 PM