Video: Brigitte Gabriel unloads on moderate Muslims

posted at 5:06 pm on September 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

Most Muslims are moderate, she’s careful to emphasize. The radicals can’t number more than, oh, 180 to 300 million.

I guess Dean Esmay knows what he’s writing about next week.

This is Mary K’s first foray into video editing, so rather than swipe the clip from YouTube, I’m going to make you watch it on her site. She has thoughts on the Michelle-Esmay blogwar, too, so it’s worth your time. Click the image.

gabriel.jpg

What’s that you say? “More Brigitte”? All you can handle, dawg.

Comments

Oh,yeah,she is intense. Great clip, thank you.

bbz123 on September 29, 2006 at 5:20 PM

Gah. I’m dumbfouded again. So many brave, brilliant, beautiful women. Such simple, straightforward, incontrovertable truth.

It’s like I’ve died and gone to Heaven. Almost. Thank you, God!

And you too, Allah. More please, yes.

Pablo on September 29, 2006 at 5:24 PM

A very impressive person. I can’t wait to see and hear more from her.

GT on September 29, 2006 at 5:32 PM

Wow! She is wonderful. This is what we need to hear from our leadership here. Often, and loud.

CrimsonFisted on September 29, 2006 at 5:45 PM

That is one courageous woman.

Her talk at the heritage.org link is pure gold.

speed647 on September 29, 2006 at 5:47 PM

Our next National Security Advisor?

RedWinged Blackbird on September 29, 2006 at 5:47 PM

The whole speech is awesome. I just clipped some of the Q&A, but if you have time, I recommend the Heritage link (it’s about an hour long). I just happened to be walking by the door of the auditorium and heard her from outside and thought, “I gotta see this.”

marykatharine on September 29, 2006 at 6:02 PM

The radicals can’t number more than, oh, 180 to 300 million

If this is true, we’re in trouble. 300 million would be about 1/4 of all Muslims in the World.

Entelechy on September 29, 2006 at 6:03 PM

Hot

Editor on September 29, 2006 at 6:18 PM

I wish she hadn’t glossed over the internment issue. Isn’t she, in effect, asking the Muslim population of the US to make a public oath of patriotism? That seems eerily reminiscent of Feb, 1942.

GregH on September 29, 2006 at 6:19 PM

Brigitte Gabriel …WILL YOU MARRY ME???

Hey , she said HOT AIR…nice plug ( well kinda not)

shooter on September 29, 2006 at 6:20 PM

Why isn’t she working for us? She would be very helpful in this fight against the terrorists.

Oh yeah. She is cute too.

DannoJyd on September 29, 2006 at 6:53 PM

Asking is not forcing, GregH.

Pablo on September 29, 2006 at 6:55 PM

Quit being such a drama queen. She’s telling them they need to speak up against the hijacking of their religion. And quite frankly, if they don’t, then we can only assume of what is done in its name.

There comes a time in life when you have to choose sides. This is such a time for moderate muslims, whether they like or not.

thirteen28 on September 29, 2006 at 7:07 PM

I forgot to mention that Mary Katharine Ham did great in getting this on her blog. Talk about relevancy…

GregH

What internment issue?

Asking the Muslim population of the US to make a public oath of patriotism sounds like a good idea to me, and it beats locking them away as was done by democrats a few decades ago. Talk about your civil liberties infractions, that has to be America’s darkest hour.

DannoJyd on September 29, 2006 at 7:08 PM

Thank you so much for this. I emailed it to five family, friends and one opinion host I watch daily. How about the rest of you? I pretty knew what she said except for how bad it is here in America…we need to do as much as we can to get this in the eye of Americans.

sharinlite on September 29, 2006 at 7:33 PM

Here’s some more on immigration and Lebanon. I guess she didn’t have to say it, but I wish she’d emphasized the implications for immigration in countries other than Lebanon…

Alex K on September 29, 2006 at 7:37 PM

thirteen28 on September 29, 2006 at 7:07 PM

Since there is no edit function here (could we please get one?), I can only redo my post and correct it’s mistake:

Quit being such a drama queen. She’s telling them they need to speak up against the hijacking of their religion. And quite frankly, if they don’t, then we can only assume they approve of what is done in its name.

thirteen28 on September 29, 2006 at 7:41 PM

Feminists will obviously stand behind this woman and support her efforts for equal rights for women in the muslim world just like they did for Hirsi Ali and Orianna Fallaci.

Any second now. They are just writing the pamphlets as we speak.

Yep, any second. Fighting the power, down with the man, all that.

*cough*

Ahem.

Tman on September 29, 2006 at 7:41 PM

BINGO. And that’s the problem.

GregH on September 29, 2006 at 7:43 PM

BINGO. And that’s the problem.

Whose problem?

When the priest scandal broke, I saw an awful lot of Catholics come unglued about it. And if Muslims are so protective of their religion, why don’t as many of them defend it against murderers with the fervor they defend it against cartoonists with?

If I wanted to insure that I wasn’t unfairly stereotyped, I’d do my best to counter the stereotype. Wouldn’t you, GregH?

Pablo on September 29, 2006 at 8:33 PM

Wow. She is great!
First time I have heard of her.

Thanks for giving us another another heroine for the side of rationality.

LegendHasIt on September 29, 2006 at 8:47 PM

B

INGO. And that’s the problem.

GregH on September 29, 2006 at 7:43 PM

Yes – their problem. And if they can’t even muster up enough courage to speak out against terrorism in the name of their common religion and defend it from the terrorists, it’s a problem they absolutely deserve.

As Pablo noted, Catholics everywhere spoke out against the priest scandal, unequivicolly. Time for moderate muslims to do the same if they want to retain the label of moderate.

thirteen28 on September 29, 2006 at 10:44 PM

Catholics everywhere spoke out against the priest scandal

Catholics everywhere were not called upon to defend themselves out of fear of being labeled enemies of the state.

GregH on September 30, 2006 at 12:32 AM

SIR: Please put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard.

LegendHasIt on September 30, 2006 at 1:21 AM

I heard her a number of months ago and said “Oh yeah, this woman is what this country needs to hear being from the other side.”
She is hot, and tells it like it is and does a heck of job with the wake up call this country needs.

Go Gabriel. Thank You for your passion, intelegence and your charm.

auspatriotman on September 30, 2006 at 1:31 AM

GregH

Greg, I am Irish Catholic, and if you don’t think that I needed to defend myself, or my religion from that disgusting debacle perpetuated by the few then you must live in Disneyland. No, I wasn’t labeled as an enemy of the state, but the descriptive words used in an attempt to label me nearly got more than a few people some busted bones.

DannoJyd on September 30, 2006 at 2:58 AM

GregH and his cowardly cohorts on the left are the problem.

When are Sane Democrats, you know, the moderate ones, going to stand up and take their party back?

We need a loyal opposition in America. But the very key word in that last sentence is LOYAL. GregH and his buddies are waging war alright, but it’s against the Bush Administration. Not the very real enemy Gabriel so articulately and courageously alerts us.

Grow a spine, GregH. Weakness in an American is unbecoming.

techno_barbarian on September 30, 2006 at 3:20 AM

“I say ye” Brigitte Gabriel!

It needed to be said.

georgej on September 30, 2006 at 5:30 AM

I’m a Catholic and I soundly condemn those priests who molested young men. If I were in power, I’d make them repent in public in sackcloth and ashes. However, I didn’t see those scum advocating all Catholics molest young men and force non Catholics to become molestors.

Ellen on September 30, 2006 at 9:05 AM

You’ve been watching too many cartoons and/or drinking the bong water, huh GregH?

Catholics took it upon themselves to purge the criminals from their midst. They didn’t start holding NAMBLA rallies.

No one expects Muslims to do anything that every other quasi-ethnic group is expected to do. If it’s their community too and their America too they have a duty to both, just like everyone else in them.

Pablo on September 30, 2006 at 11:53 AM

GregH, LegendHasIt definitely has it right – you are on crack.

Catholics in this country endured savage and relentless criticism over the priest scandal. Even today priests are routinely stereotypes as little boy molestors despite vigorous efforts to condemn and weed out those that actually did by a large majority of Catholics.

Catholics were most definitely called upon to condemn the horrendous acts committed by those hiding behind their common religion. However, they were already speaking up before that. It’s hardly asking too much of moderate muslims to be outspoken against terrorism committed in the name of their religion, and if they can’t, we’ll just assume that the approve of said terrorist acts.

thirteen28 on September 30, 2006 at 1:19 PM

Absolutely fantastic! This woman KNOWS what she’s talking about! I salute her!

Not a Dhimmicrat on September 30, 2006 at 8:56 PM

The world is a stage and we all play our roles. It matters how we play and how we exit the stage. Some acts are also more intense and more important than others. Our time is one of these acts.

Ms. Gabriel is a brilliant force, a powerhouse who’s clarity and communication skills should be put to use in this administration. Talk about a perfect PR Director in the WoT, or whatever function/title would befit such an intelligent and courageous being.

We are the lucky ones to have her on our side!

Entelechy on October 1, 2006 at 3:58 PM

Ms. Gabriel is absolutely correct, and everything she said will have absolutely no effect with American Muslims. She’s being labeled an Islamophobe as we speak, CAIR is preparing a complaint against her, and NOTHING will change. I asked similar questions of CAIR in a recent email, they didn’t even have the courtesy to reply.

And we’ll all stay very PC until the end….

pwhited on October 2, 2006 at 4:04 PM

Its all about the lack of protests =(

Richard Bushnell on January 8, 2008 at 3:56 PM