Oprah names Kos one of her sexiest men in the world

posted at 2:16 pm on September 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

Of course, Oprah thinks Stedman is hot. So, you know.

This would make sense, sort of, if it was one of those beautiful-on-the-inside lists that feminists like to do for fat women. But except for the two Google geeks, the rest of the guys on there are actually pretty good looking.

And I mean that in the least gay way possible.

Here it is, ladies. Take deep breaths.

Update: Just so we’re all clear, Aimee Lee Ball came up with the list. It’s published in Oprah’s magazine, though.

oprahsexiestmen.jpg

Comments

It’s what everyone’s always tried to tell you, man: CONFIDENCE. Kos is nothing if not dementedly, self-deludedly, meanly, nastily, confident.

Alex K on September 29, 2006 at 2:22 PM

Kos?!?!?! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww David “Giggles” Gregory???!?!?! Triple eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

CrimsonFisted on September 29, 2006 at 2:22 PM

And I mean that in the least gay way possible.

Man, you’re so gay! J/k, but seriously the rest are “pretty good looking”?! I don’t believe in evolution, but David Gregory is about the best case for “the missing link” I’ve ever seen!

RightWinged on September 29, 2006 at 2:25 PM

While I see that AP dedicated this post to the “ladies”, the obvious fact is still that most readers here are men and for them, I present the latest from Bethany. Just to even the playing field…

RightWinged on September 29, 2006 at 2:27 PM

I notice that despite having a plethora of photogenic guys to choose from, Oprah still put herself on the cover.

It’s amazing, how many people are willing to fuel this woman’s narcissism.

Slublog on September 29, 2006 at 2:27 PM

I will echo what Crimson Fisted say and give a great big, EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Yuck. This makes me so glad I’m a lesbian.

marianpaul on September 29, 2006 at 2:30 PM

Dang, Allah, there goes your chance for some sweet Oprah lovin’.

Slublog, she’s actually always on the cover because her face sells magazines. Unlike Rosie, whose editors had to wrest the cover away from her when she had that magazine.

see-dubya on September 29, 2006 at 2:30 PM

Seriously, this is more proof that Oprah and Gayle are more than just friends. That’s all I’m gonna say on this. :x

SouthernGent on September 29, 2006 at 2:30 PM

Does this mean the Google guys are finally gonna get laid?

speed647 on September 29, 2006 at 2:32 PM

Too funny marianpaul! Great minds and all, I just agreed and quoted you on the Woodward thread. I wouldn’t believe Woodward if he told me it was daylight outside.

CrimsonFisted on September 29, 2006 at 2:33 PM

But Oprah…is… gay.

Sugar Land on September 29, 2006 at 2:33 PM

Slublog, she’s actually always on the cover because her face sells magazines.

Okay, for some reason, that makes me even more sad.

Oh well, there’s always the Onion to make me feel better. Much better.

Slublog on September 29, 2006 at 2:34 PM

OK..maybe one or two of these guys is fairly attractive BUT when they open their mouths..well, I guess they dont HAVE to talk.
I prefer men like Cary Grant/Jimmy Stewart/Hugh Jackman/Gerard Butler.
Those guys wouldnt spend more time in front of the mirror than you like David Gregory probably does!

labwrs on September 29, 2006 at 2:45 PM

And I mean that in the least gay way possible.

If by “least gay way possible” you mean “serious man crush on Obama” than yes, not gay at all.

Dude. Seriously. Oprah? Kos? Not Gay?

Teh ghey.

Tman on September 29, 2006 at 2:46 PM

Forgive this European for asking, but is Oprah the one associated with crack, or bitch?

Niko on September 29, 2006 at 2:51 PM

The true turn-ons are brains, humor, compassion, and commitment…

Exactly, like when kos quipped, “Screw them.” That wasn’t just compassion. That was sexy compassion, baby.

Greg Tinti on September 29, 2006 at 2:54 PM

I guess this confirms Oprah being gay.

Not only Kos, but Monkeyface David Gwegowy.

Ack!

JammieWearingFool on September 29, 2006 at 3:00 PM

*cue sounds of vomit hitting concrete*

natesnake on September 29, 2006 at 3:01 PM

Attention, attention. Oprah IS NOT politcal. *rolls eyes* If she were any better at hiding the leftist slant of her media giant she could become chair of the DNC and no one would notice.

Theworldisnotenough on September 29, 2006 at 3:01 PM

Where’s Rosie and Hillary?

fogw on September 29, 2006 at 3:06 PM

Next ish: “The Sexiest Women Alive” by Clay Aiken.

Jim Treacher on September 29, 2006 at 3:13 PM

AP, no worries, no way you’re gay else you wouldn’t have “Barack Obama” and “good-looking” in the same post. Well, hell, at least not in that particular picture.

The article was written by one “Aimee Lee Ball,” not Oprah. I don’t know who that is, but she needs to raise her standards. Mostly. Albert Pujols is not a bad choice, but can you say “one of these things is not like the other?”

David Gregory? SERIOUSLY?

Anwyn on September 29, 2006 at 3:14 PM

To echo the previous….EWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Where is Shawn Hannity? Where is Gerard Butler? Charles Johnson? Your average Marine or Firefighter?

Pulchritudinous Patriot on September 29, 2006 at 3:15 PM

Dr. Drew made the list also? I mean, he seems like an OK chap and a relatively smart guy. He isn’t plain ugly. But one of the sexiest men alive?

tommy1 on September 29, 2006 at 3:15 PM

Actually, AP, it *is* supposed to be a beautiful-on-the-inside thing … “brains, humor, compassion, commitment,” so it’s triply hard to see how Kos fits into anything on that list except for “commitment,” which I shall not touch here in the interest of civility.

The only two in that batch of pictures that I would find good-looking are Egger and Nachtway.

Anwyn on September 29, 2006 at 3:17 PM

OMG! I didn’t notice those Google guys until I started reading the comments. These guys could be contenders for dorkiest men alive.

tommy1 on September 29, 2006 at 3:17 PM

Next ish: “The Sexiest Women Alive” by Clay Aiken.

Literally LOL!

SisterToldjah on September 29, 2006 at 3:18 PM

Kos and David Gregory? In the words of Bill the Cat.Ack!

vcferlita on September 29, 2006 at 3:19 PM

How do I get my picture to Oprah? If Kos can make it then I am a shoo in, in a 40-ish, balding, glasses wearing sort of way. But hey I can type, and I am willing to start my own blog if that is what it takes.

LakeRuins on September 29, 2006 at 3:22 PM

Two words, AP, REDEEM YOURSELF.

Just because KP talked you into this doesn’t mean everyone can’t see through it. You’re treading on thin ice…

Carpe diem, and make it a good one, you owe it to yourself.

Anything but cold, hard reserve to a convert says which head is ruling right now.

tormod on September 29, 2006 at 3:23 PM

David Gregory is about the best case for “the missing link” I’ve ever seen!

RightWinged on September 29, 2006 at 2:25 PM

FINALLY! Someone else who thinks this man looks like a CHIMPANZEE! And oh, Allah? You may want to check your vision, there is nothing good looking about, OBAMA and as far as Kos is concerned, if BUG EYED, SYCOPHANT is her thing, hey, who am I to judge? From what I’ve seen of Stedman, Kos may be the cure. LMAO..ooooo.

Soothsayer on September 29, 2006 at 3:26 PM

“The Real Sexiest Men Alive For Those With an Irrational Fear of Testosterone”

bbz123 on September 29, 2006 at 3:26 PM

Kos is straight?

I fancied him to be the animal necrophilia type.

Huh. Go figure.

natesnake on September 29, 2006 at 3:39 PM

Ick, Ick, Ick!

Catie96706 on September 29, 2006 at 3:40 PM

Am I supposed to feel empowered by this list? Puhleeze!
Soothsayer: Very well said! Love you use of imagination :)

Pam on September 29, 2006 at 3:46 PM

Just proves that all of Oprah’s taste is in her mouth.

doingwhatican on September 29, 2006 at 3:50 PM

I hear this is the most popular issue yet at the Rainbow Flag Sperm Bank.

The Ugly American on September 29, 2006 at 3:55 PM

Next ish: “The Sexiest Women Alive” by Clay Aiken.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ugly American on September 29, 2006 at 3:57 PM

Hmmmm…. how can the left… the land of Anti Miss America and equal rights, have a “Sexiest List”…

Isn’t that… gulp… treating us men without dignity?? As SEX OBJECTS!!!

Ohhhh… the horror….

Romeo13 on September 29, 2006 at 4:00 PM

Oh Fridays at HotAir. Next you’ll be cat-blogging.

Cary on September 29, 2006 at 4:04 PM

Guess I’m ranked as one of the sexiest men in the world? :-S

Defector01 on September 29, 2006 at 4:08 PM

Pulchritudinous Patriot
Gerard Butler was on my list..SWWWWOOOOOOOOOON

labwrs on September 29, 2006 at 4:21 PM

That’s it; despite the denials, she must really be a lesbian.

frankj on September 29, 2006 at 4:37 PM

I’ve never been much of a judge for men’s looks, but that Gregory guy is one ugly mofo. Kos looks like a guy that used to steal urinal cakes at the bar I worked at. I had to chase him out twice.

austinnelly on September 29, 2006 at 4:37 PM

Small world. That was me.

There are few things more alluring than the smell of urine soaked stawberries.

natesnake on September 29, 2006 at 4:40 PM

Ummm… actually, this is the “personal hot list” of someone named Aimee Lee Ball, not Oprah. (A quick Google search indicates she’s a regular contributor to the magazine, if not actually on the staff.)

May I also say that all the lesbian and gay comments in regards to this post seem more like something we’d expect to see in a Kos or DU comment thread than something we would expect from Hot Air regulars. Stay focused, people.

Grouchy Old Yorkie Lady on September 29, 2006 at 4:46 PM

Truly lol. What a bunch of schwanzlickas.

Jaibones on September 29, 2006 at 5:07 PM

Are these the same people who complain about the rich getting richer while the poor gets poorer? Everyone of them are very well off and quite liberal. No?

And the Google guys? Oh, please. I’m sure China finds them sexy.

Kokonut on September 29, 2006 at 5:09 PM

The true turn-ons are brains, humor, compassion, and commitment

Greg Tinti, you nailed it! All of these dudes don’t make it on this list of 4 common descriptors.

Niko, ciao (perhaps, if you wish, reveal where you’re from).

This Romanian-born, naturalized American inquires “is this Kos or Koss Freudian”? Look at items # 7 and # 12.

Oprah & Co. wouldn’t know ‘sexy’ if it hit them!

Stedman is a prop who likes it quiet and rich.

The fools are those who financially and otherwise support anomalies like Oprah!

Entelechy on September 29, 2006 at 5:31 PM

This list is incomplete without Star Jones-Reynolds’ husband.

The true turn-ons are brains, humor, compassion, and commitment

Being a great mother is another. Good cook too. Being turned on isn’t entirely a sexual thing.

Bellicose Muse on September 29, 2006 at 5:35 PM

Maybe she got turend on by that Buffalo-Bill “titty-pull” thing he did at the end of the first Ned Lamont/Freshmaker commercial, to hold up Lamont’s name on his shirt.

Eeessh!

Gottafang on September 29, 2006 at 6:07 PM

Ok. You’ve got me seriously ROTFLMRIAO over here due to that great picture of Osama Obama. I love how goofy the poor guy looks.

Other than that, I don’t see any relevancy coming from her ever since Ocra made that stink over hamburger.

DannoJyd on September 29, 2006 at 6:17 PM

this is too much, I need tequila

Ropera on September 30, 2006 at 12:20 AM

A male acquaintance said of Kos, “Gross.” I think he meant that in the most gay way possible, inasmuch as he added, “I actually like some of the androgynous ones, but he’s just disgusting.”

Kralizec on September 30, 2006 at 1:19 AM

Dr. Drew all the way. He’s smart, he dresses well, he’s a doctor, and he’s aged incredibly well.

Mark Jaquith on September 30, 2006 at 2:27 AM

“White white white is the color of our carpet!”

Coronagold on October 1, 2006 at 10:22 AM

To put this in context, her magazine also named Bill Buckner as one of the best first basemen, Leon Spinks as one of the best smiles and Amelia Earhardt as one of the best navigators.

SailorDave on October 1, 2006 at 11:50 AM

This “Kos” character looks eerily like OPRAH before her make-up and $10,000 wigs go on.

I’d say this was a classic example of unconscious egomaniacal self-incestousness at work.

Oprah loves Oprah.