Michelle gets fauxtoshopped

posted at 2:14 pm on September 29, 2006 by Bryan

Yes, I’ve seen the photo the boss has up over a MM.com. I saw it for the first time a few months ago when some loving, tolerant leftwinger emailed it to us here. It took me about 2.5 seconds to determine that whoever is in that photo, it’s not Michelle. Having worked with graphics for a number of years now, I have an eye for fakery, and that is as fake as an Adnan Haj classic. She and I talked about it a day or two after the loving, tolerant lefty emailed it to us and got a laugh out of it.

Well, a certain professor turned stalker and a conglomeration of guttersnipe blogs have tried today to pass that fauxtoshop off as the real thing. You’d think someone over in Nick Denton’s cesspool might have a decent eye for photo fakery, but apparently this one was just too good to check. So they’re running with it.

And while it’s one thing to get taken in by a hoax, as they all clearly have been, it’s another thing entirely to run with that hoax and turn it into a libel that is all your very own. That magnifies the offense quite a bit, at least to me.

And that’s really all I have to say about this. It’s not every week that you get falsely accused by “friends” of trying to push the US into war with all Muslims on the one hand (and have other “friends” agree with the accuser rather than do any basic research of their own), and get smeared by Ken Layne and Nick Denton and their vile, racist little minions on the other. Quite a week we’ve had around here, the type of week I dare say no other blogger has to put up with.

Comments

Ad hominem attacks are never fun, and always unfair.

Michelle has my sympathies.

GregH on September 29, 2006 at 2:35 PM

Never having met Michelle in person, I have seen her on TV and this isn’t even a body double. Despicable. Isn’t Duke and that @sshole nifong in N. Carolina? Unforgivable. I will express outrage (respectfully) at this sub-human’s actions.

tormod on September 29, 2006 at 2:37 PM

This just infuriates me. Despicable is exactly the word.
I cant believe Michelle has to put up with such vile stuff sent her way ONLY because of the way she THINKS.
Monsters and morons who like to bully girls! LOSERS!

labwrs on September 29, 2006 at 2:47 PM

The obvious hypocrisy is astounding on the face of it.Simply more proof of the lack of tolerance from the side that claims diversity and personal freedom as their creed.Perhaps if the pic were of MM in flannel chaps doing a bong hit it would be more acceptable to them?

bbz123 on September 29, 2006 at 3:01 PM

Liberals should be required to have a license to use Photoshop. If you are going to photoshop something, at least make an effort to do it well.

GT on September 29, 2006 at 3:06 PM

Face it beautiful, it means you’re KICKING THEIR LIBERAL ASSES ALL OVER THE LANDSCAPE!!!!! Be proud that they have to stoop to such depths to vilify you. It’s what they do! Ever listen to Airhead America? It’s one long LIE told Repeatedly to idiots who then believe and repeat. They fear you, darlin’. You’re in their heads, hearts and somewhat challenged minds. I personally love it when people I couldn’t give a rip about, are so bothered by my actions! POP! That’s the cork on the champagne! Here’s to you MICHELLE, ma belle!

Soothsayer on September 29, 2006 at 3:12 PM

Duke is in Durham about 15-20 minutes away from UNC-Chapel Hill. However, they are both a cesspool of pc-ism. Just compare and contrast the reaction to the Duke Lacrosse “rape” case and the terrorist who tried to mow down innocent non-muslims at UNC-Chapel Hill.

SouthernGent on September 29, 2006 at 3:12 PM

As usual the MSM and Nutroots missed the point. The article dealt with someone’s slide to depravity for a dollar!

Even if this was the Boss, it’s a tasteful 2 piece suit!

So what’s the BFD!!!!!!!!!!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on September 29, 2006 at 3:13 PM

Bah! Even I can make a more convincing photoshop than that!

Tuning Spork on September 29, 2006 at 3:17 PM

It is so obviously fauxtographic that I am surprised that it took them half a day to realize it was photoshopped. The head atop that body is simply way too small to look realistic.

It is also interesting to see how they are trying to call her “slutty”. Even if this were a real photo, what would be slutty about it? A picture of a woman in a bikini, yeah, that’s offensive, avoid the beaches. Yes, Michelle Malkin is an incredibly attractive woman, and if she showed up in a bikini to one of her lectures, I can imagine some people getting a little riled up. But are we really supposed to believe that liberals are actually offended by a picture of a college-aged woman in a swimsuit, or is it just their unhinged (had to use it) anger towards Michelle? I think we all agree that it is the second, not the first, question that rings in the affirmative.

CR UVa on September 29, 2006 at 3:26 PM

The word’s used like “slut” are obviously intended to hurt.

slut
–noun 1. a dirty, slovenly woman.
2. an immoral or dissolute woman; prostitute

We know that doesn’t apply to Mrs Malkin.

Webster law dictionary of actual malice:
1 : malice proved by evidence to exist or have existed in one that inflicts unjustified harm on another: as a : an intent to injure or kill b : MALICE 2 called also express malice malice in fact
2 a : the knowledge that defamatory statements esp. regarding a public figure are false b : RECKLESS DISREGARD OF THE TRUTH —see also PUBLIC FIGURE New York Times Company v. Sullivan in the IMPORTANT CASES section

#2 seems to cover it.

But, guys being a leader in the blogosphere puts a target on you. Those loving Liberals can’t control their “free thinking” minds.

Like on old song use to say “Well you throw your hat in the bull ring before you know know know it’s a personal thing”
or another
“Jesus told us men would hate us but we must be of good cheer!”
More Power to Ya!

Drtuddle on September 29, 2006 at 3:31 PM

Are you sure that isn’t you Michelle?

Shmo on September 29, 2006 at 3:37 PM

I wish I looked that good in a bikini)

Don’t kid yourself, Michelle. YOU LOOK GREAT IN A BIKINI!!!!

To create fauxtographs of you to discredit your writings just demonstrates how desparate they are.

A woman in a bikini, topless, or naked at the beach or at her home DOES NOT make her “slutty.”

Indeed, I do not recall the liberals getting offended when a celebrity’s boob pops out of an incredibly sheer, 2 inch evening gown during a formal affair or during a movie premier. Oh, I forgot, double standards are justified. Silly me.

The False Dervish on September 29, 2006 at 3:39 PM

HAHAHA!!

You dont have to even know photoshop to know that the photo is fake. The woman is standing next to refridgerator and is obviously 5’6″ and up. and Michelle’s head is so tiny it is ridiculous. I haven’t even seen Michelle in person but it is clear that she is short and certainly not the giant in that fake photo.

Theworldisnotenough on September 29, 2006 at 3:48 PM

Bah, those jerks are well, I try to not use the kind of language in a public forum that would accurately describe them.

Perv that I am, I’d pay good money for a nice, real autographed ‘cheescake’ photo of the lovely Mrs. Malkin; nonetheless I’m insulted by this lousy fake and their fake outrage too.

If Michelle was an “ignoant slut” as they call her, they would love her. The fact that she is well informed, brilliantly intelligent and has a strong sense of morality is precisely why they hate her.

LegendHasIt on September 29, 2006 at 3:57 PM

Like Olberdouche, wonkie and esmay are just “punching up”.

p0s3r on September 29, 2006 at 3:58 PM

If you’ve hit rock bottom and begin to dig, and keep digging, then where do you end up?

Wonkette is 95% of the way to Australia

Defector01 on September 29, 2006 at 4:10 PM

You know you’re over the target when you start taking fire.

Rock on, Gang. But don’t get too caught up with creeps like this. Smack ‘em down and move on.

Pablo on September 29, 2006 at 4:22 PM

As much as I might enjoy a picture of MM in a bikini, I’d prefer it be a real photo. I don’t have Bryan’s experience with photography and shop programs, but I have very good eyes, and that is one fake picture. It’s like high school all over again; get a picture of a swimsuit star; that’s my girlfriend; she lives in Canada. I mean, this guy, whoever shopped this, to make some lame a&& hypocrisy point, has got a severe behavioral disorder. No, I’m not a pshrink, but I offer that diagnosis for free. I also offer a 15 minute a**kicking for him should his identity become known. It’s bad enough that we’re making fake news, now we have to make fake points. Well, look at the bright side Michelle, you’re getting noticed and making people react. Rock on.

austinnelly on September 29, 2006 at 4:32 PM

I haven’t posted here in loong time, but when I read this I had serious kick boxing workout! Mother F***ers, sorry but this kinda liberal crap can’t be ignored. Just want you to know Michelle you are truly respected and I would kick anyones ass that insults you, sorry I need a cool down…

mimi on September 29, 2006 at 4:37 PM

Sad. What an incredibly lame attempt at a joke. Ad hominem attacking assholes. This is the price she pays for speaking the truth. I know she may not need our support, per se, but we’re with ya Mrs. Malkin, all the way.

BirdEye on September 29, 2006 at 4:59 PM

This is more CBS-style “fake but accurate” garbage. You see, guttersnipes like Muller just know that MIchelle is a hypocrite–in fact, they know all about her, and the lack of evidence for their fantasies can’t be allowed to get in the way of making the point. So when a piece of crap like this falls into their hands, all critical faculties they might possess go right out the window, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s real or not, because it fits the story-line.

Despicable.

Athanasius on September 29, 2006 at 5:36 PM

I don’t get this ‘bikini’ thing at all; especially not coming from the Left.

Here is the real thing for ‘too old and saggy for slutty’; click on the ‘enlarge’ button to get the real picture. Never heard much about this from the Left.

Entelechy on September 29, 2006 at 5:57 PM

Drtuddle,

was that first song an old Steve Taylor one?

kemphd on September 29, 2006 at 7:15 PM

Yes kemphd. The song is actually directed at politicians getting corrupted by the political game. But there is a nature to everything you get into and blogging, polititcs and meidia are dirty bidness.

Drtuddle on September 29, 2006 at 8:19 PM

It is not a real picture.
Too tall to be MM
but that body ain’t bad.

MM post a real of yourself next to the frig.

Then have your lawyer earn a big payday.

Marvin on September 29, 2006 at 8:33 PM

Love Chris Muir’s take on DayByDayCartoon.com :)

Dave Shay on September 29, 2006 at 10:01 PM

The head is too small for the body. It’s an obvious pic wytching.

Who’s doing this again? Why, exactly? Man, these people havae issues.

Metro on September 29, 2006 at 10:02 PM

The losers at Wonkette must have gone to the Jason Leopold school of investigative reporting.

John on September 30, 2006 at 2:01 AM

Conservative + non-white + woman + educated + successful = HATE

Anyone associated with her is game, too. I got some hate mail and comments last year.

Mark Jaquith on September 30, 2006 at 2:43 AM

The liberal personal attacks upon Michelle, and the transsexual comments about Ann Coulter; their references to President Bush being a “chimp,” and so on, are an attempt to minimize them by attempting demonizing them.

It is they way the choose to operate, and it diminishes them in the eyes of anyone who is not a rabid supporter of theirs.

Michelle is a public figure and NY Times v. Sullivan (1964) makes it nearly impossible to sue for defamation over this.

However, wonkette.com (at IP address 209.11.51.41) has an internet service provider — Globix Corporation [globix.net], 139 Centre Street, New York, NY, 10013,(212) 334-8500.

And I notice that Wonkette gets their Domain Name Service from markmonitor.com of Boise, ID, who appear to have terms and conditions that restrict this kind of behavior (as I read them).

Now I don’t know, but perhaps a sharply worded complaint to both of them, from Michelle’s attorney expressing concern over Nick Denton’s (he’s kinja.com, the blog provider) use of their equipment and networks to knowingly defame her and her trademark and how unhappy she is, might convey the point to wonkette.com and others that this time they might have crossed the line into violation of their terms and conditions for an internet connection by publishing these FAKE photoshoped pictures of her.

This attack, and the previous ones, materially diminish the value of her trademark, not just her personally. She has the right to protect this trademark, irrespective of her status as a public figure, and to call on Globix and marketmonitor for assistance.

That’s my (admittedly) ignorant 2 cents worth of advice.

georgej on September 30, 2006 at 3:43 AM

I checked out Wonkette’s site. These libs are so full of anger it’s astonishing. As for Michelle in a bikini, all that will do is draw more traffic to Michelle’s sites.

Mojave Mark on September 30, 2006 at 11:30 AM

It could have been worse. Wonkette could have fauxtoshopped Michelle’s head onto Helen Thomas’ body.

chsw