Liebs up 10 in Quinnipiac poll

posted at 1:43 pm on September 28, 2006 by Allahpundit

Don’t get too excited. They had him up 12 six weeks ago and no other pollster’s seen that margin in Connecticut. ARG had it 47-45 for Joementum nine days ago; I doubt he’s picked up eight points since then, especially with no good news from Iraq to bolster him. Still, I want to believe.

The likely margin is five points. Jim Geraghty explains why.

That’s the good news. More good news: Murtha is looking less likely to be the choice for House majority leader, in part — oh, sweet irony — because his social policies are too conservative for the supreme soviet.

The bad news? New Jersey, which is the one toss-up state that was trending Republican, has the Democrat back up by one. Mitigating factor: that’s well within the margin of error. Oh, and Katherine Harris and Michael Steele are getting roundly trounced. Mitigating factor: everyone expected them to.

Comments

Who’s body is that? Lee? Stuart? Grant? I know the hand thing is Napoleons

Defector01 on September 28, 2006 at 1:51 PM

AP:

You got a pretty mouth, boy.

see-dubya on September 28, 2006 at 1:52 PM

Would that picture and comment be “traffic bait” as MM says?

d1carter on September 28, 2006 at 1:55 PM

You, my friend, are a nut.

Liebs looks good, tho!

Pablo on September 28, 2006 at 2:00 PM

Defector01,
That would belong to William T. Sherman, who reportedly held classes teaching my Southern ancestors how to be bigots as his army strolled through the heartland on its way to a beach party.
He must have been a heck of a professor, since now we’re supposedly all racist down here.
Oh, and touche, AP – I ROFL’d myself when I refreshed the main page just now. So level with me…. Did you long since have that picture in the works? Or did my ilk at your posting of it under the racism column give you the idea??
Toss me a crumb, pretty please?
Michael

y2church on September 28, 2006 at 2:01 PM

Lovely picture of Joe on Sherman’s body.

Catie96706 on September 28, 2006 at 2:05 PM

Cutting through Lamont like Sherman through the racist, racist south.

There you go again. But it cracked me up this time.

Valiant on September 28, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Even with all of their troubles, the Democrats remain upbeat. Still, if Jomentum does go on to defeat that little commie-symp-turned-terror-symp Nedrenaline, the Kossacks may just start jumping out of windows. They’re really that mad. Knowing those guys, though, it would probably be first-story windows ….

Courage.

Blacksheep on September 28, 2006 at 2:11 PM

Can Lieberman go burn Lamont’s HQ to hte ground and sew coal into the parking lot to ensure no Prius can ever park there?

Defector01 on September 28, 2006 at 2:11 PM

GO JOE GO!!!Show those bast**ds you don’t need them.

OBX Pete on September 28, 2006 at 2:21 PM

In the meanwhile, “we’re gonna take back Texas, and Oklahoma, Florida and Arizona, North- and South-Dakota, yeahhhhhhh”

Entelechy on September 28, 2006 at 2:56 PM

Mwuhahahaha. Evil Republicans and Independents lay siege to the Kostards.

JammieWearingFool on September 28, 2006 at 3:15 PM

Blacksheep, thanks for the heads up. I actually enjoyed visiting Kos for a change.

I understand the premise, yet I cannot get too excited about Joe. It isn’t as if he is a friend of us republicans. Maybe this election will teach him a lesson, but I highly doubt that.

DannoJyd on September 28, 2006 at 4:16 PM

I hear that if Lieberman powers up with enough Joementum, he’s even stronger than the Incredible Hulk.

frankj on September 28, 2006 at 4:32 PM

I posted this off-the-cuff, no-basis-in-reality, gut-level, describe-with-lots-of-hyphens prediction about 2006 and 2008 elections at the InstaWife’s site in her post about their podcast with Jim Geraghty:

1. All the focus for the progressive netroots is on Ned Lamont’s race in Connecticut. He will lose to Lieberman.

2. The loss will galvanize Democratic Party leadership into doing something to distance themselves from the progressives and netroots. They will fire Howard Dean and begin to shore up their centrist positions and candidates. This will cause a massive rupture in the party.

3. The progressive/netroots side will form a third party and will have their own nominee. They’ll run Howard Dean, or they’ll get desperate and haul Nader out of the attic, dust him off, and shove him back into the spotlight.

4. This massive party split will cause votes to be siphoned from the Democratic candidate, more than there were in 2000 when Nader ran.

5. The Republican candidate will win in a landslide.

Or I could be wrong.

Gottafang on September 28, 2006 at 4:35 PM

Gottafang…plausible scenario, but I’d substitute Gore for Nader.

SouthernGent on September 28, 2006 at 4:57 PM

Gotta love it when the KOS moonbats loose another one. :)
A KOS endorsement is like a damn curse.

EEprom on September 28, 2006 at 5:06 PM

Leiberman is no friend to Republicans but at least he’s not an ememy of the United States. He’s better then Lamont the freshmaker anyday.

Mojave Mark on September 28, 2006 at 5:58 PM

Will Connecticut be the nutroots Waterloo?

Entelechy on September 28, 2006 at 7:07 PM

SouthernGent:

Indeed. Y’know, I didn’t even think about him.

Gottafang on September 28, 2006 at 9:16 PM

Gottafang, you lost me at “The loss will galvanize Democratic Party leadership into doing something“. That will be the day.

I do like the way you think though.

DannoJyd on September 28, 2006 at 9:53 PM

I’m still trying to factor in the effect of Princeton publishing a manual for how to commit voting fraud on Diebold machines. Hmmm. Wonder which way the hacker vote will trend?

wordwarp on September 28, 2006 at 11:42 PM

Ya gotta admit that Lieberman is not only better than Lamont but he’s better than some sitting Republican Senators!

Kinda a mini Zell.

Whoa the times we live in!

Texas Gal on September 29, 2006 at 12:22 AM