Slate introduces the George Allen Insult Generator; Update: Another teammate corroborates hunting story

posted at 2:10 pm on September 27, 2006 by Allahpundit

Moronic, yet hilarious. The “bad breath” one had me in stitches.

Righties continue the pushback today against Larry Sabato and his N-word allegations, the lowlight being John Miller’s feeble tu quoque at NRO and the highlight being See-Dubya outing himself as a redneck so cartoonish he’d be rejected as too broad for a role on the Dukes of Hazzard:

My first car was a red ’77 Chevy pickup. I had a revolver under the seat, a Bible in the glove box, and three country stations preset on the radio. I played sports and hunted deer. I showed up at my out-of-state college in cowboy boots, with a twangy accent and a seriously conservative weltanschauung.

He’d also be rejected for using the word “weltanschauung.”

Anyway, it’s a test of credibility now. Sabato’s obviously willing to risk his own considerable reputation on these accusations and take what political fire comes his way. He must have good reason to believe his sources. In all candor, between him and Allen, I know who I’m inclined to believe. And it ain’t the senator.

Update: Hey, here’s a good question. If it’s okay for the Olberdouche to refer to Chris Wallace as a monkey, why is not okay for George Allen to refer to someone as a “macaca,” which is based on the word “macaque,” which is a type of, um, monkey?

Update: Not even the Olberdouche deserves this.

Look for him to connect the incident to the “climate of intimidation” fostered by the Bushitler in his next special comment.

Update: Not hugely damning if true, but one of the Freepers says he knows for a fact that S.R. Sidarth, the Webb staffer whom Allen infamously called a “macaca,” is a student of Larry Sabato’s at UVA.

Update: Captain Ed is skeptical about the deer-hunting incident Allen’s chief accuser, Dr. Ken Shelton, told Salon about on Sunday. A second teammate named George Beam has come forward today to say that the third member of that hunting expedition (who’s since died) told him about the trip, although he mentioned no racial incidents associated with it. Beam also says he never heard Allen use any racial slurs, but added that Shelton’s integrity is “irreproachable.”

Comments

Because Chris Wallace is white? The Wallaces aren’t Jewish either are they?

Mark V. on September 27, 2006 at 12:19 PM

Yes, they’re Jewish.

Allahpundit on September 27, 2006 at 12:21 PM

And let’s not forget the Chimperor. What colors can you be to qualify for monkey cracks being racism? What colors can’t you be?

Pablo on September 27, 2006 at 12:35 PM

I actualy found the generator pretty sad….

The debate is still on as to whether he said these things or not, and this gives the impression that he hates everyone…

Someone not following the debate will take this as truth…

As Slate is doing this to a politician in an active Campaign, this makes him Partisan, not a dispencer of news, but a maker of news, and in fact, this close to an election is not only an endorsement of his opponent, but could be considered an illegal campaign contribution to his opponent.

Romeo13 on September 27, 2006 at 12:40 PM

Thanks to the ungrounded assclown who mailed Olbermann some soap powder. Way to make all conservatives look bad and give Olbermann even more reason to believe he’s right and that he needs to spew about it on TV every stinking night.

You stooped to Olby’s idiocy. Oh, and I question the timing of the Allen insult generator.

Bellicose Muse on September 27, 2006 at 1:01 PM

I don’t believe everything that I hear on the internet, present company excepted, of course, but a poster on the FReeRepublic:

claims from personal knowledge that the Macaca guy is one of Sabato’s students.

Interesting, if true.

dinasour on September 27, 2006 at 1:08 PM

Heads-up… it’s about to break that Allen also used the “H” word. :)

This whole thing is such a joke. I feel horrible for him.

MT on September 27, 2006 at 1:17 PM

If you’ve not seen Chappelle tackle the “N” word and want a good politically incorrect laugh… meet the Niggars.

For God’s sake, even Webb admits he’s used the “N” word… Race-card politics suck. It always feels that Republican’s don’t strike back strongly enough.

MT on September 27, 2006 at 1:24 PM

Hmmmmm….If the Democrats insist on implying that using the “N-word” should disqualify one from office, why is Sheets Byrd still in office?

GT on September 27, 2006 at 2:22 PM

Not damning at all I’d say. I am a former student of Professor Sabato as well, though certainly I think Sabato has seriously hurt his credibility.

CR UVa on September 27, 2006 at 2:24 PM

I’m confused? George Beam adds to which sides story?

At this point, even if Allen filled his campaign staff with macacas, I don’t think people will trust him on racial issues anymore.

frankj on September 27, 2006 at 2:32 PM

Bellicose Muse wrote:

I question the timing.

Really.

In fact, I question if it really happened as reported.

No, I’m not an ostrich, nor an idiot. But…

Olbermann must know he has “topped out” and close to reaching a personal tipping point. He’s very close to making himself irrelevant, even for MSNBC, given the mounting criticism.

As BM pointed out, this is a way to legitimize his vile criticism of Bush and us conservatives. This is a way to keep him RELEVANT.

In 2004, there were a number of documented incidents of violence and vandalism committed by Democrats/Liberals against Republicans. Michelle even wrote about some of them in her book Unhinged.

I must confess, and I may be wrong, but I don’t remmember a single incident of REPUBLICANS or conservatives shooting out the windows of a Democratic Party office, or slicing the tires of a Democratic Party rented vehicle.

And, while I’m on the subject, I remember a leftwing campaign that urged liberals to send crushed rice in an envelope to each member of the House and Senate to protest the war in Afghanistan. And I know that several Senators received such envelopes that caused their local offices to be shut down for a day or so.

So, I asked myself — WHO would do this? WHO has the temperment to have done this? WHO has done this in the past?

And the answer I get is NOT NECESSARILY a conservative or Republican — though it is certainly possible and I won’t rule it out.

Absent an arrest and a conviction of the individual or individuals involved, I am not prepared to rule out that this was NOT the act of an Olbermann supporter, or advocate, attempting to smear the right just before an election.

And you better believe that he’s going to be all over this tonight on his show like white on rice, using it to attack us.

Yeah. I certainly DO question the timing.

georgej on September 27, 2006 at 2:46 PM

The larger point is that political campaigns can reach a point where one side has nothing in the weaponry except smear — then one hears about mythic decade-old possible slurs, etc.
Thus the good news is that Allen’s opponent is totally out of good ideas or rational arguments…

Lamonte Thomas on September 27, 2006 at 2:49 PM

Qur’an 2:62-65, 5:59-60, and 7:166 says Jews are descended from apes and pigs. Therefore Keith Uberman was only being true to his antisemitic religion in calling Wallace a monkey. It is probably in his blood given his German ancestry and fondness for the Nazi salute.

Remember the good old days when he used to nightly update us on the Lewinsky scandal? Then he sought professional help before going back to sports.

Valiant on September 27, 2006 at 3:00 PM

I know who I believe and it sure isn’t the professor at the University of Virginia.

Capitalist Infidel on September 27, 2006 at 3:57 PM

Anyone sending a substance to Olberdunce is pretty stupid, but I question the timing.

Lame PR stunt perhaps? I’d put nothing past him.

JammieWearingFool on September 27, 2006 at 5:13 PM