Poll: U.S. support for UN drops 13% in two years

posted at 8:56 pm on September 27, 2006 by Allahpundit

31-45, favorable/unfavorable. 50-50 among women, two to one unfavorable among men.

Hugo Chavez’s ratings among Americans? Unfavorable by a margin of … 58-10. 23-64 favorable/unfavorable for his speech last week.

Keep up the good work!

un-poll.jpg

Comments

And this is a surprise (at least to normal Americans)?

Not a Dhimmicrat on September 27, 2006 at 9:10 PM

’bout dag gum time.

But while I understand the 10% favorable for Chavez, because let’s face it, there are at least 10% of Americans that are out of their mind left. But the 23% who gave a favorable rating to his speech is a little disturbing. I guess it’s the old “my enemy’s enemy is my friend”, but come on left America, is Bush the devil? Does he really smell like sulfur? I think the smell left in the oval office is actually ass, left from the previous President, but that’s just me. As always, call Servpro. Servpro, like it never even happened.

RightWinged on September 27, 2006 at 9:23 PM

What is wrong with the women that support the UN?

I suspect that it is just like in National Elections, women as a group support socialists too.

I knew it was a mistake to let them vote!

LOL

ScottyDog on September 27, 2006 at 9:38 PM

The U.N. is finished as a positive organization, if ideed it ever was one. Let’s form the United Free Nations and only allow true democracies/republics with freedom of speech, religion, and association. Then we’d have something worthwhile.

Mojave Mark on September 27, 2006 at 9:54 PM

Not good news for dems.

Editor on September 27, 2006 at 10:29 PM

Eat it Chavez. Boycott Citgo, shop at 7/11.

Theworldisnotenough on September 27, 2006 at 10:33 PM

ScottyDog,
If women keep voting for Democrats, then we might have to think about ending women suffrage. I assume since we gave them the vote, we can take it away.

frankj on September 27, 2006 at 10:37 PM

The only thing the UN has been successful at in recent years is committing child rape on a worldwide stage, raping girls as young as 9 in third world countries all over the planet and not even punishing the guilty parties.

RightWinged on September 27, 2006 at 11:14 PM

I am not surprised after the corruption, arrogance and that little bashfest they put on last week. Having said that, SO WHAT? It is still there in NYC, it is still corrupt, inept, incapable of reform or action and a joke overall so what if we disapprove? They dont care.
They just want Amreican taxpayers to shut up and pay the light bill (and the heat and the payroll …etcetcetc)

labwrs on September 27, 2006 at 11:35 PM

What is a favorable view of the UN? What are people thinking, individually, when they say they have a favorable view of the UN? I can imagine either a politically engaged leftist or a politically disengaged centrist or rightist having a high regard for the UN, but it’s likely their reasons would be quite different. We must develop much better information if we’re to destroy the UN as an institution.

Kralizec on September 28, 2006 at 12:29 AM

With the incessant flogging the UN takes in MSM, are these numbers really surprising?

GregH on September 28, 2006 at 12:42 AM

Kofi looks right at home hosting the Muppets.

speed647 on September 28, 2006 at 12:43 AM

Which one’s Kofi?

SilverStar830 on September 28, 2006 at 1:26 AM

50-50 among women, two to one unfavorable among men.

Addressed before, but what’s with the women’s brains? I’m very disappointed.

AP, your selection of pictures is hilarious!

Entelechy on September 28, 2006 at 2:03 AM

Flogging in the MSM??? Hahahahhaa!!! Perhaps you can provide some actual examples. Here, let me help you get started.

You know, an actual flogging of the UN might not be such a bad idea. I’d pay good money to see it.

GT on September 28, 2006 at 3:42 AM

With the incessant flogging the UN takes in MSM,

Please point to some of this “incessant floggin” GregH. And don’t provide a couple links from Fox News and think you made a case, you’ll need to compare it with a lack of positive and/or neutral stories if you’re going to make this case.

RightWinged on September 28, 2006 at 3:43 AM

This is not surprising. What we need to do now is translate this into actual use by putting pressure on the dopes in Congress to pull the plug on the funding. I daresay if they have to come up with funds on their own without our help, they’ll reform quicker than you can blink.

GregH, I consider myself reasonably informed, but the only instance I can think of associating flogging, the MSM, and the UN, is with our own ambassador. Most of the time, corruption in the UN receives a big pass. Not Once did anyone in the media suggest Kofi Annan step down during the Oil-for-food ‘scandal.’ Mostly I hear the MSM talk about how we, the US, either don’t support the UN or don’t give them enough money to rennovate their dilapidated building. If that’s flogging, then a soap-job from the media must be amazing.

Jezla on September 28, 2006 at 6:35 AM

I guess the All U.N. rape, and pedophilia team brought them down.

It’s about damn time!

DannoJyd on September 28, 2006 at 8:37 AM

GregH,
Incessant flogging or occasional coverage? Because I think all it takes is occasional coverage of what the UN is doing to give enough information to cause most people to turn against it.

frankj on September 28, 2006 at 8:46 AM

I’m sure liberals everywhere as well as the head honchos at the UN blame the US drop in support on President Bush and FoxNews.

darwin on September 28, 2006 at 9:03 AM

GregH- what parallel world are you residing in?

this is so typical…make a statement, nothing to support that statement, ignore what you refuse to see is wrong with the UN….give us a break….

robo on September 28, 2006 at 9:06 AM

GregH on September 28, 2006 at 12:42 AM

IF the msm has been flogging the UN (which I seriously, seriously doubt), it’s well deserved.

BTW, did anyone happen to see that movie with Nicole Kidman, The Interpreter? I was LMAO through the whole thing. It made an attempt to show that the UN is the solution to all world problems. If you are in need of a comedic break, rent it.

pullingmyhairout on September 28, 2006 at 9:19 AM

When will that stinking Cindy Sheehan finally be gone. Every time I see her it makes me gag. Can’t she go to Darfor or something?

Shmo on September 28, 2006 at 10:15 AM

Trolls don’t stay if you don’t feed them……

skeeter on September 28, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Yeah, but its still fun to poke a mental corpse with a sharp stick.

GT on September 28, 2006 at 5:12 PM

Dec. 31st can’t come soon enough. Here’s potentially the new head of the U.N.

Entelechy on September 28, 2006 at 10:05 PM