Photos: Mohammed gets the Danny Pearl treatment

posted at 9:50 am on September 27, 2006 by Allahpundit

The boss has a new post up this morning about the Mozart opera that’s been cancelled due to fears of jihad in Germany. Here are two shots taken during a 2003 production and published today in the Times and Spiegel, respectively. Click for full size:

mo1.jpg

mo2.jpg

I thought the Times has a strict no-blasphemy policy when it comes to Islam. Has Sulzberger grown a pair since the cartoon fiasco?

I cribbed the Spiegel pic from Vinnie at the Jawa Report, so I owe him a link. Check out the jihad-themed “motivational” posters he’s designed here and here. I like the one for the Iranian nuclear program especially.

Update: 92% of Germans oppose cancelling the opera.

Update: They sowed the wind, and now they shall reap the whirlwind.

Update: Flemming Rose, the editor of the Danish paper that published the Mohammed cartoons, knows how this story goes:

“Here we go again. It’s like deja vu…This is exactly the kind of self-censorship I and my newspaper have been warning against,” said Flemming Rose, culture editor of Denmark’s Jyllands-Posten paper, which met a storm of Muslim protest after publishing satirical cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad last year.

He said bowing to fears of a violent Muslim reaction would only worsen the problem: “You play into the hands of the radicals. You are telling them: your tactics are working. This is a victory for the radicals. It’s weakening the moderate Muslims who are our allies in this battle of ideas.”

Comments

I’m still waiting for “Piss Mohammed”

Hening on September 27, 2006 at 10:03 AM

I’m still waiting for “Piss Mohammed”

I’d wager that that would be a very short running art show. I wouldn’t want to be named as the artist either.

High Desert Wanderer on September 27, 2006 at 10:10 AM

Hilarious link, thx Vinneie / jawa.
Wonderful way to start the day, laughing. I like the Nuke too, but also ‘Teamwork-pull my finger’, versatility, greif scared me a little, and of couse the brazil volleyball team or any of the fairer sex temptations.

As for Deutschland, CHICKENS!!!! Does two years make that big a difference?

shooter on September 27, 2006 at 10:29 AM

Daniel Pearl was a real person, muslims cut his head off in the name of mohamed. *This* mohamed was just a dummy (sorta like the real mohamed) who had *it’s* head cut off. The muzzies will now riot and protest the *fake* head cut off the *fake* mohamed, but did they riot and protest when the very real Danny Pearl had his very real head cut off in the name their religeon? Did the peaceful muslims (all three of ‘em) riot when Danny was murdered? Did they at least protest the use of their religeon in this murder?

Tony737 on September 27, 2006 at 10:45 AM

This opera aso shows the severed head of Jesus and Bhuddah, we’ll see if Christians and Bhuddists also riot and kill and burn down buildings.

Tony737 on September 27, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Islamic nutters never miss an opportunity to prove us right.

xanadu1015 on September 27, 2006 at 11:12 AM

I CALL FOR A DAY OF RAGE!

BirdEye on September 27, 2006 at 11:16 AM

A PERFECT WORLD!!!!!
Beheading the muslim prophet.
Hoo Yah.

Kramer on September 27, 2006 at 11:56 AM

Hening, everytime I read “Mohammed, PBUH” I read that as “Mohammed, piss be upon him,” don’t you?

mkstach on September 27, 2006 at 12:40 PM

The “Danny Pearl treatment”? Yikes. I hope that Mr. Pearl’s family or friends aren’t HotAir readers.

GregH on September 27, 2006 at 1:55 PM

Still desperate for attention, GregH? Have you considered eHarmony.Com?

GT on September 27, 2006 at 1:59 PM

GT said ” still deperate for attention, GregH? Have you considered eharmony.Com?

lol :)

Starblazer on September 27, 2006 at 3:08 PM

GregH,

What are your thoughts on the concept of free speech? You are more offended by the title of this post than the content.

BlueStateBlues on September 27, 2006 at 3:27 PM

I am all for free speech, of course. I think that the leaders of the Muslim world need to realize the value of the art, and should respect the artist’s right of expression.

Additionally, of course AP is entitled use any titles or text as deemed fit. I just thought that a friend or family member of Mr. Pearl might find it a bit… insensitive, maybe?

GregH on September 27, 2006 at 3:52 PM

I’m waiting for the “Pigs be Upon Him” in the Biblical sense display. Its got more of a zinger quality to it.

Iblis on September 27, 2006 at 4:41 PM

Have you considered asking the Pearl family instead of simply assuming? Because you know that when you ASSUME….. Oh….. nevermind. An ass is your side’s mascot.

GT on September 27, 2006 at 4:50 PM

The muzzies will now riot and protest the *fake* head cut off the *fake* mohamed, but did they riot and protest when the very real Danny Pearl had his very real head cut off in the name their religeon? tony737

The story of Danny pearl has been shelved by the MSM. IMHO it is because it does not fit the current moral equivalence spin they are weaving, not out of respect for the survivors.

They go ballistic over a journalist being jailed for not revealing sources. Did they go ballistic over Danny Pearl?

They can’t stop yapping about American atrocities. They scrupulously avoid rekindling memories of beheadings of Americans.

They reported the death of the female Iraqi journalist, but avoided the torture and atrocities against her body. Where was Olbermann on that one?

entagor on September 27, 2006 at 8:28 PM

Speaking of Photos… check this out. Looks like it’s not limited to the Hezbo’s.

venmax on September 27, 2006 at 8:58 PM

No, he hasn’t, but he’s not afraid that opera-lovers will chop his head off.

Entelechy on September 28, 2006 at 1:51 AM

Well, given the fact that we won’t see THIS in the MSM either, there may be good reason for them to hold off on that Opera thing, at least until after Ramadan.

SilverStar830 on September 28, 2006 at 3:38 AM