TV commentator defends Pope, rips Islamic violence, slams liberal apologists

posted at 7:10 pm on September 26, 2006 by Allahpundit

Guess.

The pope’s comment was ironically borne out by the reaction to it; Rosie O’Donnell’s false analogy was also borne out by the (non-)reaction to it. It seems perhaps the wrong person has apologized…

It’s a curious world where [some] liberals decline to focus condemnation on a violent reaction perpetrated in the name of a religious ideology (Islam) that jails women for being raped or declares it legal for women to be murdered in the streets by angry male relatives. Even stranger to side against a religious ideology (Catholicism) that has vigorously opposed the Iraq war, torture, the mistreatment of detainees, and the death penalty…

[T]he idea that Islamic culture would be pristine but for the interference of ugly America is an analysis that ignores how repressive Islamic governments can be even with their own people.

Are U.S. military operations responsible for Islamic governments torturing their own citizens, killing gay citizens; stoning women for adultery; amputating thieves’ hands; murdering schoolgirls who violate Islamic dress or jailing people for “insulting” the government? In 2004, a 16-year-old Iranian girl was hanged in the public square for “crimes against chastity.” Is the United States to blame for that?

The only people responsible for acts of violence against innocent victims are the perpetrators. In this, as in far too many other cases, those perpetrators are Muslims acting in the name of God.

Here’s a hint: she’s attractive, appears regularly on the O’Reilly Factor, and her name isn’t “Michelle.”

kp-reaction.jpg

Did I tell you or did I tell you? Trust in Allah, people. I’d never steer you wrong.

There’s a lot more at the link, by the way. In fact, she calls out one Pope-bashing moron by name.

Speaking of left-wing wake-up calls, check out what’s on the bestseller list this month in Denmark. And here’s the excerpt from Musharraf’s soon-to-be bestseller about the murder of Danny Pearl. Quote: “We exhumed the body and found it in ten badly decomposed pieces. Our doctors stitched the pieces back together as best as they could.”

Comments

HA! Good job! Having THAT picture at the bottom of the text, after reading all this stuff, was PERFECT! Allah, you’re a comic genius!

Tony737 on September 26, 2006 at 7:18 PM

Wow .. Kirsten, talking common sense? I question the timing. Good job KP even though I’m suspicious.

darwin on September 26, 2006 at 7:33 PM

Well, they’ll screech that she’s a right-winger now, no doubt.

Jim Treacher on September 26, 2006 at 7:33 PM

I don’t know what kinds of emails you two have been exchanging, AP, but the vast conspiracy to convert KP seems to be working! I hope she doesn’t get too cannibalized for this.

The link to the best seller list is great. Here’s another left-wing defector. Maybe there is hope for a united front against this war on civilization as we know it.

NTWR on September 26, 2006 at 7:39 PM

Yeah, they’re gonna throw her out of the party if she keeps talking like that. You’ll arrange a soft landing, I presume?

Pablo on September 26, 2006 at 7:43 PM

I think it is time to add Kirsten to The Vent.

MRegine on September 26, 2006 at 7:47 PM

You’ll arrange a soft landing, I presume?

*fluffs pillows*

The Ugly American on September 26, 2006 at 7:53 PM

Allah is Greatest!

a4g on September 26, 2006 at 8:14 PM

WOW,

Allah was earlier reference to her pose was dead on. Now I am thinking she is all that. She is a hottie.

Rusty

Rustyw on September 26, 2006 at 8:33 PM

How can she write such an intelligent article showing she “gets it” and at the same time link to the DailyKOS as daily reading @ her blog????

I’m afraid there is a lot of work left for Allah before the “conversion” is complete.

lan astaslem on September 26, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Lan Astaslem,

Is Allah converting or perverting her?

Rustyw on September 26, 2006 at 8:35 PM

No Way. I bow my head in shame for all earlier references to Jeanine Garofalo with a better dye job…

Jaibones on September 26, 2006 at 8:36 PM

Allah,

Can we get Kirsten on a trampoline?

Rustyw on September 26, 2006 at 8:41 PM

Can we get Kirsten on a trampoline?

HAHA.

But seriously Allah is she on your speed dial yet?

Theworldisnotenough on September 26, 2006 at 8:54 PM

Her stock just rose

Alden Pyle on September 26, 2006 at 8:56 PM

I’m going to send her the t-shirt!

Michelle on September 26, 2006 at 9:05 PM

I have to say, that’s a fine article from KP. Nicely researched and written, and never gets to the “…but…” that ends up blaming America for being attacked by savages.

So she can expect to be read out of the progressive movement in 3….2…..1….

Bryan on September 26, 2006 at 9:09 PM

And speaking of the T shirt thing, Let me thank Allah for bringing back Your Welcome Comrade. I tried to pick that up at the old site right about the time problems of which we shall not speak happened.

Thanks. I got two cups, a poster, the post cards and yes Michelle, the shirt!

Rustyw on September 26, 2006 at 9:11 PM

Looks like that “slow boat to the center-right” is right on schedule, eh, Allah?

Kid from Brooklyn on September 26, 2006 at 9:24 PM

A very good read — too bad she thinks Billy Jeff called out conservatives for being so completely unconcerned about Osama until after 9/11. I’ll give her more time though — it’s not easy to embrace logical thinking after being in the moonbat mindset for so much of her life :-P She’s improving slowly but surely.

whtabtbill on September 26, 2006 at 9:54 PM

I have no real substantive comment other than to say that picture makes Kirsten look adorable.

That is all.

Slublog on September 26, 2006 at 10:19 PM

What can I say but that I’m impressed. Go KP!

Allah, you’ll be there for her when the jitters strikes won’t you? Kool-Aid withdrawal tends to do that, you know.

Seriously, it’s good to see a lefty, even a moderate one, get it right for once. Unfortunately, the giggle-weed contingent will run her out of the party on a rail. Pity. If more Dems in the public eye spoke and wrote like this, then we might actually have the ‘dialogue’ that they keep hoping for between Left and Right.

Alas, as long as the nutroots are in charge, it must remain a conservative soliloquy.

(God, I hope I spelled that right :) )

Jezla on September 26, 2006 at 10:30 PM

Whatever AP is using on KP, we need to bottle it and make sure to spray it around at the next Democratic convention!

labwrs on September 26, 2006 at 11:25 PM

__________________
| |
| Reservation |
| |
——————

\
\
-> Kirsten

dorkafork on September 26, 2006 at 11:35 PM

Well, ASCII art doesn’t work, but you get the idea.

dorkafork on September 26, 2006 at 11:35 PM

Well, the best I ever would have said about her before is that she’s not unattractive, and for a liberal she wasn’t a completely obnoxious idiot.

This article shows that she has potential to join the rational half of the human race.

LegendHasIt on September 27, 2006 at 12:35 AM

Even a blind squirrel sometime finds an acorn.

MCPO Airdale on September 27, 2006 at 10:16 AM

It’s articles/statements like this that usually mark the beginning of a liberal’s conversion. If someone merely dips their toes in the waters of the other side, they’re immediately flayed by the left-wing “true believers” as a traitor (or someone who’s been bought by Roger Ailes or Karl Rove).

The hatred usually starts to open the liberal’s eyes as to what sort of people are welcomed and nurtured on the left.

alflauren on September 27, 2006 at 10:37 AM

OK, AP, you may have made the first battlefield conversion in this war.

For now, let’s see who rallies behind her words and who condemns her words and who shreiks about betrayal.

If and this is a big if, more on the left can open their eyes, mind, etc….

I personally think that the both of you have been working at the same thing, turning someone from the “dark” side. Time will tell.

Anyway, I’m happy that the brick wall we have been beating our heads against has begun to show signs of falling.

tormod on September 27, 2006 at 10:37 AM