PA Man Arrested For Shouting Profanities in GOP HQ

posted at 6:44 pm on September 26, 2006 by Ian

Looks like Michelle has more fodder to write Unhinged II:

A city man who drove his car through a department store in the Poconos two years ago will be cited after committing another “bizarre” act on Monday which ended when he threw a jug of apple cider at an off-duty police officer, authorities said.

Patrick Tosh, 54, of Barney Street, walked into the Republican headquarters near Boscov’s on South Main Street at about 2 p.m. Monday and shouted profanities while holding a jar of apple cider and a sign that read, “Santorum did nothing for FIMA. He sucks,” according to police and witnesses.

“He started to put down (U.S. Sen.) Rick Santorum … and he demanded that Rick Santorum come to his home for two straight days,” said Joyce Dombroski-Gebhardt, a Republican committeewoman who volunteers at the center, which opened four weeks ago.

Comments

So what was he actually arrested for? Throwing the apple cider jug at the police officer, or swearing in front of ladies?

GregH on September 26, 2006 at 7:05 PM

He was arrested and institutionalized for saying:

I commend the bravery of Mr. Olbermann in standing what appears to be alone amongst his peers.

JammieWearingFool on September 26, 2006 at 7:11 PM

He was arrested and institutionalized for saying:

Where he spends his days muttering

Markos Moulitsas Zúniga….Markos Moulitsas Zúniga….Markos Moulitsas Zúniga….Markos Moulitsas Zúniga….Markos Moulitsas Zúniga…Markos Moulitsas Zúniga…Markos Moulitsas Zúniga…..

Valiant on September 26, 2006 at 7:29 PM

Man, at least us rural folks in South Central PA are better behaved. I was thinking about going to Casey HQ at the county seat and yell, “WHO??”

MCPO Airdale on September 26, 2006 at 7:34 PM

Greg, what gives you the urge to troll here? It’s obvious you don’t agree with many of us, so you post to be provacative.

You, like many of your liberal ilk, cannot be convinced that the fight in Iraq can be just. That’s ok, because fortunately, there were people like me and many others on this site, who VOLUNTEERED to join and serve the armed forces. We knew the risk that we may be sent into harms way, the risk we may die, the risk we’d leave our children without a parent. We believe it is a just war. It’s called sacrafice. Look it up in the dictionary.

There are those of us who take up arms against evil people plotting and planning every single day, on how they may murder as many of us as possible.

Then there are people like you. People who whine and complain. People who know nothing other than we must say anything to get those people out of power.

Stand up like a man, Greg. Say it with me… “I will not submit”

rightside on September 26, 2006 at 7:51 PM

To those who are still wondering what a Democrat administration would be like:

Take this episode as a pre-cursor, and BE AFRAID – BE VERY AFRAID!

pocomoco on September 26, 2006 at 8:37 PM

Wow, I’m beginning to notice a trend. Maybe it’s my paranoid side, but I’m beginning to get the impression that I’m not welcome here. JammieWearingFool’s comment was in good fun, but come on folks…

I requested the permission to post comments here, because when I read the About Us page, Ms. Malkin states

I formed Hot Air Network, LLC, to bring ideological diversity—because we all love diversity–to the videoblogging world.

So, here’s your ideological diversity. I haven’t trolled, insulted, or name-called. I haven’t even really been overtly critical of anything. In this thread, I simply asked what the arrested man was being charged with.

‘Tis alright I suppose. If Ms. Malkin and/or the other powers that be wish to let me continue to comment in the manner in which I have thus far conducted myself, then fantastic. If they feel that my presence causes too much of a distraction, or just don’t want me around, that’s fine too.

Hopefully this will be the only time that I am compelled to respond in such a manner.

GregH on September 26, 2006 at 8:42 PM

PA? Oh, I thought he was a Palestinian.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 26, 2006 at 9:15 PM

Maybe the guy is gay? Whats with the ‘come over to my house for 2 days’??????

rightside, when greg gets done reading your comment and looking up a few words, you know he’s just gonna drive-by again.

shooter on September 26, 2006 at 9:25 PM

This is pathetic. It’s getting to the point where you can’t throw a jug of apple cider at ANYONE these days :(. And people still say America is the home of the free?

Kevin M on September 26, 2006 at 10:17 PM

I’m looking forward to the liberal meltdown starting about 11:30 pm November 7th. When Dems lose even more power, and can’t ‘control more than a few caves.’ I was confident in 2004. I’m more confident now that Republicans, barring democrat election shenanigans, will retain control of just about everything that matters. President Bush may choose one or two more SC Justices in the next two years. Iraq will be settled in the next six months. Have a good night, all.

Doug on September 27, 2006 at 2:06 AM

GregH, didya find who stole the frozen strawberries yet?

georgej on September 27, 2006 at 4:32 AM

No. You just simply make blanket statements without providing any actual content.

You say that Olbermann “makes a valid point”. Really? What?

You say that Coulter is “…so unattractive on the inside, does her physical appearance really matter?” I find it interesting those such as yourself have yet to argue the validity of her points while accusing us the same about Olbermann.

As for the loonatic, does it really matter what he was arrested for? It does seem to provide support for the idea that the Left is becoming further unhinged. I don’t recall how many on the Right have fired shots into a Democrat campaign headquarters. I don’t recall the last time the son of a Republican candidate and some of his buddies slashed the tires of several vans used by a Democrat candidate. I don’t recall the last time a Republican operative dropped an envelope filled with dog poo at a Democrat US Representative’s office and speed away.

Quite honestly, I’m of the opinion that you are here simply to be a contrarian without adding any value to the various discussions. You have yet to do anything prove otherwise.

GT on September 27, 2006 at 7:01 AM

I have to admit it, Greggy is right when he says

JammieWearingFool’s comment was in good fun…

Finally talking some sense.

JammieWearingFool on September 27, 2006 at 8:26 AM

I don’t know about you but Apple Cider and GregH gives me the shits.

soulsirkus on September 27, 2006 at 9:32 AM

GregH, perhaps the problem you are running into is not in your stars, but in yourself? You, and I are guests here, so it behooves us to try to try to be somewhat friendly. Making comments that could be perceived to be insulting just for the sake of being insulting is not friendly, gentlemanly, nor will those ever be well rerceived. I myself have made comments that I knew would draw some ire [I was just kidding, Allah!], but none of those could be interpreted as a personal attack. No one will hold it against you for making an observation that you can back up with facts. That is what is commonly known as a conversation.

You constantly demand information when you would be more impressive by supplying same, yet again I’ll assist you.

Tosh, of Barney Street, Wilkes-Barre, faces charges of harassment, disorderly conduct and scattering rubbish, Olshefski said.

Click here to read the entire story.

DannoJyd on September 27, 2006 at 11:09 AM

Tosh, of Barney Street….

Sounds like a deranged episode of Sesame Street.

honora on September 27, 2006 at 2:11 PM