Video: Olbermann calls Chris Wallace a “monkey posing as a newscaster”

posted at 11:30 pm on September 25, 2006 by Allahpundit

And a “bully.” Which, let us admit, is simply divine in its irony.

Watching this douche clumsily trying to channel his paranoid rage into lofty rhetoric has been one of the true joys of blogging these past few weeks. There’s nothing so pathetic, or entertaining, as someone stupid trying to sound smart; the fact that it’s happening on national TV every night makes it almost too good to be true. And the best part is, the nutroots keep egging him on. Each time he gets a little angrier and the prose gets a little purpler and nastier, and the nutroots fist pumps get a little faster and more intense. We’re building to something here; Olby might not know it yet but he’s fast running out of room to run. Soon he’ll reach the point where there are no more accusations to level at Bush and he’ll have to cross the final frontier. He’s not there yet, but give him time: he’s been scrupulous about referring to the UK terror plot as the “purported plot,” a qualifier that for some reason doesn’t manifest itself when the subject turns to, say, Haditha. He’s inching his way towards the big one. Soon enough.

J$:

How many times have we heard America’s most dangerous demagogue rail at Tony Snow, or “Mister” Bush, or Rumsfeld, or any of them for being critical of reporters, or raising their voices to them, or looking cross-eyed at them. Do we not recall KO intoning about our “deep national shame” because someone in government dares to take exception with “those loyal Americans who disagree with his policies—or even question their effectiveness or execution”? All of a sudden, when it’s B.J.’s policies that are the subject, Olby does a double-flip, full-reverse half-somersault and it’s time to demonize dissent! Don’t try to make sense out of it. It’s OlbyLogic.

This was Reverend Olby at his most sanctimonious. As each “special comment” tries to top the previous one, they become increasingly preposterous and frenzied. This latest embarrassment, chock full of unsubstantiated drivel, citing nonexistent statements, never documented, is so farcical it could seal Herr Olbermann’s fate once and for all.

I hope not. Not until he uncorks a commentary in which the words “controlled demolition” figure prominently will Keith’s mission be complete. I hope I get to see it.

Click the retard to watch.

olby.jpg

Update: The backlash begins — Inside Cable News says the Olberdouche has crossed the line.

Update: “A little cultural watershed,” says MeFi moron!

Comments

I think the current lingo should be ” Click the tard”
So old Shool, AP,get hip dood.

bbz123 on September 25, 2006 at 11:43 PM

To paraphrase Barry Goldwater, if “Uber”mann were any dumber, he’d be a tree.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 25, 2006 at 11:48 PM

Its a matter of time before Olby implodes. I bet he cries when we win again in November.

realVerse on September 25, 2006 at 11:48 PM

Oh,realVerse,that would be too priceless,I would pay to have that clip if it were to come true.Cash American money.

bbz123 on September 25, 2006 at 11:52 PM

That was painful, in the tedious and nails-on-a-chalkboard sense. I wish I had those ten minutes back.

elpresidente on September 25, 2006 at 11:56 PM

Click the retard to watch.

I only made it through 3.5 minutes, now I feel soiled.

speed647 on September 26, 2006 at 12:04 AM

LMAO at the fact that Oldboobman tries to draw some kind of comparison between past U.S. wars and the current terrorism blame game.

Only difference here is that there weren’t scads of cheese-eating hippies and classified-document-leaking media whores underminding those presidents at every turn.

The Ugly American on September 26, 2006 at 12:05 AM

Someone should check Olbermann’s wardrobe for stains.

Greg Tinti on September 26, 2006 at 12:09 AM

The most pathetic thing about Olbermann is who he tries so hard to emulate – Edward R. Murrow.

We watched Murrow tapes when I was an undergrad and one thing scame through in his comments that Olbermann lacks – a basic respect for our country, its institutions and those who are elected to public office.

Slublog on September 26, 2006 at 12:10 AM

Olbermann reverts daily into an Olberkind and throws another puerile tantrum, because…

he’s desperate
farfaln
él está desesperado
il est désespéré
è disperato
er ist hoffnungslos
é impossível

They have elevated insanity beyond BDS – it’s all of us now!

Entelechy on September 26, 2006 at 12:15 AM

Best part of the video “…these loooong 5 years” and

“…who conducted the Levinski witch-hunt?”

The idiot not for one second internalizes, nor does his entire entourage, that it was Mr. Clinton who delivered the Levinski affair onto the platinum platter of the opposition party.

Instead they despise Mr. Bush and blame us.

Folks, on Nov. 8 it will be REVOLUTION!

Entelechy on September 26, 2006 at 12:35 AM

Good Grief! What a (__|__) !!!

American Heritage Dictionary –

meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a (mg-l-mn-, -mny) Pronunciation Key
n.
A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.

In his own twisted world, Olberman thinks he’s the smartest man in the world.

What a complete (__|__) !

Danilo on September 26, 2006 at 12:48 AM

my favorite part is:

Mr. President, how do we know sir what you have done to keep us safe since 9/11 if you won’t tell us?

um hello, just a thought Olby but maybe the part about we haven’t been attacked since 9/11.

I love the vast right-wing conspiracy stuff too. Chris Wallace asked a tough question. Blame Bush, its all Bush’s fault.

LOL. How do I get those 10 minutes of my life back?

lan astaslem on September 26, 2006 at 1:04 AM

While the piece is clearly partisan, Olebermann does indeed make some valid points. We’d all be better served discussing the validity of his claims, rather than simply slamming him.

GregH on September 26, 2006 at 1:11 AM

There used to be a time when they actually locked up the insane. This is an individual in serious need of therapy.

DAT60A3 on September 26, 2006 at 1:18 AM

Well GregH discuss them all day long. You obviously are a fan of Olby. I don’t remember President Bubba being so open with the people, even when he got caught with his dna on a blue dress-it suddenly became something private between him, his family and his God!
I think Olby needs to be Baker Acted for his own good. He’s liable to have a complete and total breakdown if not a stroke if he keeps this up.

Catie96706 on September 26, 2006 at 1:38 AM

I for one look forward to the day when Mr Olbermann gets his nervous breakdown at prime time on tv.

Niko on September 26, 2006 at 2:11 AM

The video is too-good-to-be-true. Heh.

There’s nothing so pathetic, or entertaining, as someone stupid trying to sound smart; the fact that it’s happening on national TV every night makes it almost too good to be true. — Allahpundit

—–

Olbermann is a spectacularly incompetent propagandist. To quote the twit:

Here’s the headline …

A 25-word headline? Heh.

“It is not essential that Clinton finally lashed back. [...] Mr Clinton helped to disenthrall ourselves and perhaps enabled us even at this late and bleak date to save our country.”

Whew.

From his conclusion, it seems that Olbermann “read the Orwell playbook, too quickly.” Or maybe not at all. Just snippets uncomprehendingly. Heh.

“This is, of course, rare as is inevitable. Mr Bush and his henchman proved not quite as smart as they think they are.”

I’d try to parse that remark but it is just too sophisticated.

Mr Clinton was brave [in poking his finger at Chris Wallace].

Then again Chris Wallace might be braver still. Had I in one moment surrendered all my credibility as a journalist and been irredemiably humiliated as was he, I would have gone home and started a new career selling seeds, by mail.

Maybe someone could inform Olbermann that he has surrendered, and not just all his credibility (if he had any), and he has humiliated himself. I don’t think he could sell weeds, by mail, at all. Heh.

“An administration whose policies can do us as much damage as al-Queada …”

Whose side is this guy on. I mean, really?

Oh, yeah, Clinton … was brave.

“Except for this: after 5 years of skirting even the most inarguable of facts that he [GWB] was President on 9-11 …”

WTF?

This is, of course, rare as is inevitable.

Ah … but WTF?

“And there it is, sir: Are yours the actions of a True American?”

Woa. Is that, like, a trick question?

Talk about “Attack the virtuous and reward the useless.”

I’d love to see Olberman ask that eye-ball-to-eyball and knee-to-knee with George W. Bush. Olbermann might finally get that career change he secretly pines for.

A trivial question: What the H*** did Olbermann think he meant by warning signs ignored 17 years before Pearl Harbor?

Maybe that was his way of illustrating his version of “To enforce the lies of the present, it is necessary to eraise the truths of the past.”

Nah, Olbermann only read the Coles Notes, too quickly.

Heh.

F. Rottles on September 26, 2006 at 3:29 AM

What a douche indeed.
I kind of spaced out about halfway through the video… I didn’t miss anything did I?

violet on September 26, 2006 at 4:09 AM

If you’d spaced out after the first thirty seconds of any of Olby’s “special commentaries,” you wouldn’t have missed anything.

Sean M. on September 26, 2006 at 4:59 AM

I have to admit that I enjoy watching Olbermann. He’s kinda like the car crash you can’t help but slow down to look at as you are passing by.

GT on September 26, 2006 at 7:15 AM

As the one General said…

He’s stuck on stupid.

Enoxo on September 26, 2006 at 7:51 AM

Is this clown even worth the attention any longer?

JammieWearingFool on September 26, 2006 at 8:31 AM

I wish this idiot would take his seven viewers and go away…

Corky on September 26, 2006 at 8:37 AM

I’m not going to summarily dismiss Olbermann’s charges like everyone else is. If Chris Wallace really is a monkey posing a newscaster, that’s something I want to know about. I’ve always suspected monkeys have infiltrated our media and our government, and I’m glad someone is finally exposing them for the simians they are.

frankj on September 26, 2006 at 8:49 AM

I haven’t looked at the video yet, hard to do at work :).But all I had to do was read the opening paragraph on MSNBC to know how over the top this is. “bullied and sandbagged by a monkey posing as a newscaster”. Bullied and sandbagged? He asked one freaking question Keith. That’s it. If anyone was bullied and sandbagged it was Chris Wallace.

vcferlita on September 26, 2006 at 9:09 AM

How sweet. Olby coming to the defense of her man. After watching the interview clip of Olbermann and Clinton, I’d ask Clinton who’s better, Olby or Monica?

raz0r on September 26, 2006 at 9:10 AM

Light in the loafers Olbermann preaches to his choir of poofs.

there it is on September 26, 2006 at 9:10 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t Olberman on MSNBC during the Clinton years? I remember him and John Gibson, now on Fox, having shows back then. Somebody needs to dredge through the archives and find some clips from the good ‘ol days and compare what he is saying today to what he said back then, if such clips or transcripts exist.
Just a thought for somebody to do as homework that has more time on their hands then I do.

LakeRuins on September 26, 2006 at 9:15 AM

Greg Tinti

While I’m sure Odormann has a blue dress after watching his lovefest with Clinton I doubt……how can I say this?…….Odormann left any…..ahem…..evidence.

Capitalist Infidel on September 26, 2006 at 9:18 AM

I have the e-mails addresses and have started a letter writing campaign to support Olbermann on taking on this monkey menace. Please participate if you support exposing the monkeys who now have infiltrated our media and our government.

frankj on September 26, 2006 at 9:25 AM

This guy is nothing more than a liberal Air America hack on mainstream TV. They must be trying to give the 10 or so Air America listeners an alternative, just in case AA goes under.

NRA4Freedom on September 26, 2006 at 9:26 AM

I love the bit about condemning our soldiers to waterboarding. Yes, the jihadis were just waiting to hear that we use that tactic before giving the go-ahead on torture. “Okay, Mohammed, you can take the shrink wrap off the waterboarding kit now!” They are very likely laughing at what the media and liberals consider torture. That KO thinks the jihadis honor some kind of “proportionality” between what we do to them when captured and how they treat our soldiers (and civilians!) just shows how out of touch with reality he is.

insomni on September 26, 2006 at 9:40 AM

How long before Olby is accused of being a Rovian plot to make the Demorats look bad?

Number 2 on September 26, 2006 at 9:43 AM

Not too much longer and Olberman will start challenging people to Duels.

venmax on September 26, 2006 at 9:48 AM

Did O’Blowhard get that stain off his coat from his Clinton interview? And did he keep the knee pads Clinton gave him before it started?

roninacreage on September 26, 2006 at 9:59 AM

I really think it’s time for Olby to go back on his meds; he was a vacuous idiot when he was on ESPN w/Dan Patrick, the very few bits and pieces I’ve seen of him haven’t changed my opinion one bit.

Ignore the fact that the Republican leadership publicly praised Clinton when he retaliated for the embassy attacks; focus on the few people who DIDN’T praise him. And to automatically assume that a reporter asking a question of Clinton was put up to it by President Bush? Is his BDS that advanced? Either he really believes this stuff, or he’s playing to the nutroots at kos and du. Either way, he’s about as useful as teats on a bull.

And the absolute worst thing is that I’ve just lost 10 minutes out of my life to this tripe.

dalewalt on September 26, 2006 at 10:08 AM

I have to agree with the observation on another post here. Olby is trying his best to mimic Edward R. Murrow (tone and mannerisms only). The shot where he finished one line on Camera A and casually glimpsed up and over to Camera B for the next line was classic Murrow.

Unfortunately OverDumb comes across more like another TV icon from the 1950s ….. J. Fred Muggs.

Need to get some Pepto and Visine now, having watched the entire video clip.

fogw on September 26, 2006 at 10:58 AM

“monkey posing as a newscaster”… well I suppose if anyone knew what it was like to be a monkey posing as a newscaster it would be Olbermann.

Of course, his ratings must go up everytime he is mentioned here. His rantings are like a train wreck, you just can’t look away.

E L Frederick on September 26, 2006 at 11:00 AM

I’m with frankj.

Down with monkeys!

Slublog on September 26, 2006 at 11:01 AM

File this under “those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”.
This buffoon…Wait a minute…y’all know what’s missing here?

It’s simple…A co-anchor, a counterpoint to k.o.’s lunacy. Considering all of the options who’s better to fill k.o.’s Stan Laurel performance than bill clinton as Oliver Hardy? They are made for each other.

Two lousy slapstick men in the mold of two giants of comedy!
The next great thing in TV. Duelling anchors…what a couple of ultra-morons. IMHO.

tormod on September 26, 2006 at 11:19 AM

Sorry to suck up, AP, but it was priceless and had to be said again.

(PS: GregH, stfuyil)

Jaibones on September 26, 2006 at 11:30 AM

And next thing you know, Olby’s going to do his broadcast with a lighted cigarette between two fingers.

Gottafang on September 26, 2006 at 12:17 PM

OMG!!! Monica Lewinsky has gotten a sex change and now calls herself Keith Olberman!

mfnorman on September 26, 2006 at 12:45 PM

I find this disturbing. Sorry GregH, but I find no valid points deserving of discussion. MSNBC, in search of ratings, has lost all credibility. I watched MSNBC for years, before FOX became available. It is pathetic to see grown, educated individuals behave as nasty 3 year olds. I no of no mother that would put up with this type of behavior in a 3 year old.
I think this type of programming will be the end of MSNBC sooner, rather than later. I hope so.

bopbottle on September 26, 2006 at 12:48 PM

Do you think Keith applies ChapStick before or after felating Clinton?

natesnake on September 26, 2006 at 1:09 PM

The sad thing is that Clinton doesn’t even respect Keith anymore.

The fact that Clinton knows he can call Olbermann at 4:00 in the morning for a quickie, just makes Keith look desparate and needy.

Whatever romance once existed, is now just cheap and dirty oral sex.

Keith needs to respect himself and see that he’s more than an Ex-Presidential receptacle. He’s an anchorman. Not a very good one, but still an anchorman.

natesnake on September 26, 2006 at 1:21 PM

Olbermann is pathetic and now worth wasting your breath.

MarkB on September 26, 2006 at 1:41 PM

This kind of fawning yet sleazy praise is a characteristic of self hating closeted gays who want desperately to be acknowledged by a famous person. Any famous person. Please Keith, put your pants back on, Bill is busy this week.

wcarr on September 26, 2006 at 5:21 PM

Are Olby and Bill Clinton gonna make out already?

bigbeas on September 26, 2006 at 6:45 PM

The comments on MetaFilter are unbelievable! They’re gushing with praise for KO! One example:

I love KO . . . love him. He’s been at this for a while now, and in a few years he will be seen as one of few mainstream media figures who had the balls to speak truth to this gang of fascists. He is surely risking it all to do this. Yeah, his rhetoric is a little sophomoric (he needs better writers than himself) and he gets a little long-winded on points that would be more effective served in smaller doses. But NO ONE ELSE is saying these things with a mainstream national audience listening with anywhere near his level of vigor and passion. Right. On. Keith.
posted by fourcheesemac at 6:55 AM PST on September 26

insomni on September 26, 2006 at 8:01 PM

mfnorman, natesnake: you guys are killin’ me…

Jaibones on September 26, 2006 at 8:50 PM

I only managed about 3 minutes of that nonsense. When Olbermann celebrates Clinton’s honesty, any modicum of respect vanishes . For a journalist, Olbermann is sadly out of touch with reality. Bush has gotten a free pass? On which planet is he living? Some seem to enjoy watching Olbermann go full throttle over the edge. It simply makes my blood boil that anyone so bereft of decency and devoid of any shred of morality could be in his position. The only silver lining is that his ratings are so low Verne Troyer has to bend down to find them.

schlagerman on September 26, 2006 at 9:08 PM

Amazing. He did everything but poll down his pants and moon the camera. He ran a clip from a film version of a fiction novel, 1984, to prove something. Now that is true Orwellian.

He said Lincoln deserved some of the blame for the Civil War. Uh, that’s credit, not blame.

Evil Bush landed a pre-emptive blah blah just when the National Intelligence Estimate was

released

that

proved

the war increased terrorism. Hey monkey-boy, the report wasn’t released, it was a classified document illegally leaked.

A National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) is the U.S. intelligence community’s most authoritative, top-of-the-line written judgment on a specific national security issue. Representatives from keyU.S. intelligence agencies participate in writing an estimate, which is then submitted to the president and other policy-makers.

says the CFR, Council on Foreign Relations

Funny, the NIE on WMD’s in Iraq was the justification for the war in Iraq, monkey-boy! Heh heh heh.

So monkey-boy is Worried that Bush’s incompetence will subject our soldiers to waterboarding instead of having their corpses dragged by the heels down the streets of Mogadishu?

If only Clinton had gotten al Quaeda to sign the Geneva Convention. then we could shoot all those guys at Gitmo for being out of uniform.

But at least Clinton tried. He tried for eight years. Bush had 8 months and he never thought of trying. When the WTC fell Bush still didnt try. He didn’t even act Presidential. Had Clinton been in that schoolroom that fateful day, he would have known to immediately start trying.

This is the key to being Presidential. Lincoln didn’t understand that and so instead of being Presidential he caused a terrible war. Roosevelt had over a decade to try but wasted his time giving speeches about the economy; next thing you know Pearl Harbor and the fool gets us into another war.

You guys tricked me into watching this video. I could fight monkey man with one brain cell, one brain cell on drugs, one brain cell on the drugs he must be using. Was this Clinton wering a disguise?

entagor on September 26, 2006 at 9:33 PM

raz0r – omg, I laughed ’til I cried

Every time I see this…person speak, he amazes me more and more. Olby’s show is like an outhouse exploding. Sure, it is hilarious to watch, but you feel sick and smell bad afterwards. The man is an assault on decency itself. I am stunned at his defense of Clinton’s remarks, remarks that are proveably false. Sharp as a basketball, this Olbermann is.

The man makes me sick.

theholyhermit on September 27, 2006 at 12:09 AM

After all that, IM wondering if this guy will respect
himself in the morning.

Tom N on September 27, 2006 at 1:39 AM

I want to apologize for calling Old-B a monkey-boy.

I know that ‘monkey’ is now an acceptable adjective for political discourse but it can be misunderstood.

I was not, I repeat, I was not calling him a macaca.

There are monkeys, and there are monkeys.

I used the hyphenated title ‘monkey-boy’ to honor both sides of his family tree.

When I say ‘tree’ that is merely out of my deep respect for his monkeyness.

When I say ‘boy’ I was not, I repeat I was not calling him a ‘boy’, the racially charged epithet of the old south.

I never, never called him and ‘old boy’ although his is very, very old, again out of respect for his beltwayness.

I called him a ‘boy’ to honor the other side of the tree, the lower part where those without tails dare to climb.

Because monkey-boy has climbed the tree higher than he has ever climbed before.

entagor on September 27, 2006 at 8:30 AM