Video: Napolitano fact-checks the hell out of Clinton’s legal argument

posted at 7:51 pm on September 25, 2006 by Allahpundit

From yesterday’s interview:

If you can criticize me for one thing, you can criticize me for this, after the Cole I had battle plans drawn to go into Afghanistan, overthrow the Taliban, and launch a full scale attack search for Bin Laden. But we needed baseing rights in Uzbekistan which we got after 9/11. The CIA and the FBI refused to certify that Bin Laden was responsible while I was there. They refused to certify. So that meant I would have had to send a few hundred special forces in helicopters and refuel at night.

Cue the judge:

Olbermann’s planning to finish off that massage he gave Clinton on Friday with a “happy ending” tonight as he foists yet another “special comment” upon his eight viewers. Sneak preview:

Thus in his supposed emeritus years has Mr. Clinton taken forceful and triumphant action for honesty, and for us; action as vital and as courageous as any of his presidency; action as startling and as liberating, as any, by any one, in these last five long years.

That’s a reference to Iraq and Afghanistan. In the Olberdouche’s universe, Clinton defending his record on counterterrorism is “as liberating” as Bush trying to democratize 50 million Muslims. This, from a man who once referred to my boss as a “nitwit.” Oh well. Just more play-doh for Johnny Dollar.

olby.jpg

Comments

Sorry for using your forum, but why can’t I access Michelle? Have been trying for an hour and no luck. I can get to cached material, but when I hit the home button, it is blank!

Pam on September 25, 2006 at 7:59 PM

“The CIA and FBI refused to certify”==”I didn’t have the stones to take the responsibility myself.” Or possibly, “I didn’t think he was a big enough threat at the time.” That at least might be an honest response. I’d think more of him for saying that than for trying to shift it off.

Anwyn on September 25, 2006 at 8:06 PM

Funny how Clinton spends his time defending why he didn’t do anything to combat terrorism and Bush has to spend all of his time defending what he has done to combat it.

Ah trawhed, Ah rilly trawhed, and after that Ah rilly trawhed some more, but I failed.

Thanks for the confession, loser. *smurk*

fogw on September 25, 2006 at 8:07 PM

As for the topic of Keith and his lack of intelligence; As I said to some friends over the weekend, and my phonelines were burning up last night: Neither Clinton nor this idiot have any idea about the power and the philosophy behind philanthropy. People have been donating their money to the causes they choose, because they can decide for themselves and make a difference on their own. Who better than you to decide who you chose to help? The fact that Oberoid donated on the air, says to me that they just don’t get it. The government can not do the same good that the private sector can, but the liberals are going to try their best to ruin this as well…Somehow we are to be shamed into giving? I would donate a brain to keith, but I am afraid I would be hardpressed to find a compatable match!

Pam on September 25, 2006 at 8:08 PM

I find Coulter attactive on many levels, but weren’t the libs always preaching about not judging people on their appearance?

Hypocrites to the core.

JammieWearingFool on September 25, 2006 at 8:21 PM

Ooops. Wrong thread.

JammieWearingFool on September 25, 2006 at 8:22 PM

Suddenly (thanks to Hugh Hewitt), I have “The Phantom of the Opera” in my head…

Fly_in_Ointment on September 25, 2006 at 8:24 PM

Willy must be starting to realize that his legacy will be that he was impeached for lying about “little Willy’s adventures” and for not capturing UBL when the opportunity presented itself prior to 9/11. The tide of history is rolling and he is about to sucked in by the undertow. Buh-bye.

Mallard T. Drake on September 25, 2006 at 8:27 PM

Olberdouche? OK, I’m going to scuttle “smug, shameless douche” in favor of this one. Allah, please don’t spend too much energy on this thing with an IQ only slightly higher than that of a protoza.

Surely you realize his name gets more exposure here than it does during his own broadcast. Call me an optimist, but I’d like to think that even most liberals who’ve managed to make it out of high school find him almost as repulsive as normal people do.

SailorDave on September 25, 2006 at 8:47 PM

Keith just can’t stop having Olbergasms over his favorite Willy.

speed647 on September 25, 2006 at 9:11 PM

You know, I was going to start this post off “Hey, what’s Bill Clinton doing with that douchebag?!”, but I knew you would all take it the wrong way.

So let’s go with “Wow, Judge Napolitano just shoved a really big cigar up Clinton’s ass!”

Jaibones on September 25, 2006 at 9:57 PM

Oh, man…I’m killin’ myself over here…

Jaibones on September 25, 2006 at 9:58 PM

Anyone remember that buchered quote from Bush a few months back? It went something like “I have been reading a book on George Washington… You know…He was the… first President…”
I think Allah posted the actual comment, or maybe LGF. The actual comment was about half a page long. It was about George Bush commenting on how, according to the book he was reading, George Washington did what he felt had to be done for the country. he did not care about a legacy, or about what future generations would say about hs decisions. he did what he felt was right for the country with the information that he had. Bush went on to say that thats all he could do, is to do what he feels is right, and let the historians figure out if it is right or wrong. He said that a legacy is decided long after you die, so don’t worry about it, do the best you can. Its a great bit of wisdom from our President. if anyone finds the link please post it. It is something Clinton needs to read. That is another differnece between Bush and Clinton. Clinton (like most liberals) did what he felt was best for him. Bush does what he thinks is right for the country.

Wyrd on September 25, 2006 at 9:59 PM

Speed647 – wins on ‘clever’ :)

Olberdouche = jellyfish

Wyrd, here is the link, and an excerpt…

BUSH: First of all, there’s no such thing as short-term history as far as I’m concerned. I think that you can’t judge a presidency based upon a moment’s notice. I believe you have to take — eventually my standing in history will be judged by people 30 or 40 years from now who will be able to take an objective look, at whether the decisions I made led to peace and prosperity. You know, this is a job where you make decisions. And you, you do what you think is right. And you let people recognize, and the people are gonna say what’s on their mind at the moment. But I read three histories of George Washington last year. The first President of the United States is still being analyzed by historians, which oughtta say to this president and future president: “Do what you think is right and eventually historians will figure out whether it made sense or not.”

Entelechy on September 25, 2006 at 10:15 PM

The CIA and FBI refused to certify

I almost choked on my scotch when I heard him say that!

Did they refuse to certify because they didn’t have the intel? Now, why wouldn’t they have the intel? Wouldn’t have anything to do with not having enough HUMAN BEINGS on the ground to collect intel would it?

OTOH, I can’t wait to see the clip of “I tried and failed” running in the GOP commercials!

Texas Gal on September 25, 2006 at 11:48 PM

The Clinton gang had no respect for the CIA. I posted this before but it’s significant and can’t be ignored.

This was very prescient, long before 9/11 happened. I live close from one of the biggest spies this country is fortunate to have. In 1996 this was authored/published, having been vetted by the CIA, in desperation at the demise of the CIA during the Clinton Admin.

Therefore, I conclude that the Clandestine Services is finished as a really effective intelligence service. It will be reinvented or restored to competency only after some appalling catastrophe befalls us, such as the explosion of a nuclear device or a biological attack or the like by some rogue group or nation-state, and the following investigation demonstrates that the act was undetectable by our national technical means.

Then, when it becomes apparent that only a human resource, an agent, could have provided forewarning, someone will ask why we don’t have any agents and the answer will force the issue. Unfortunately this is the American way.

Several administrations failed – it’s just that Mr. Clinton is furious that we can’t ignore his failures and instead forget Lewinski and focus on his magnanimous heart/mind, and until now disposition. And, surely, Mrs. Clinton reminds him frequently of the same…

Entelechy on September 26, 2006 at 1:15 AM

Watcher on September 26, 2006 at 1:42 AM

Entelechy, you’re a treasure.

I have to say, from all this, it’s stunning to be reminded once again how totally fluent the man is, how articulate and yes, persuasive.

And of course he was a total jerk to Wallace.

But still–fluent. More than “able to speak the language” fluent … the word just seems to fit the quality he has. Alas that he would have used his powers for good.

Anwyn on September 26, 2006 at 1:42 AM

Fluent Schmooent! Granted, GW won’t be giving many readings at the Thespian Society, but Jesus Harold Christ, I at least believe him…nearly ALL THE DAMN TIME!

As for Willie Wanker? Yes, “great” talker he is. So was Adolf.

james hooker on September 26, 2006 at 8:09 AM

News Flash:

Water is wet, Clinton is a pathological liar.

Hening on September 26, 2006 at 8:22 AM

Ohlberman? Who? Oh, you mean the idiot who calls himself Bloggerman. He should have stayed with his ESPN catchphrases. At least they made sense.

Only in Liberal World does a twit with crap for ratings keep his job.

William Teach on September 26, 2006 at 8:45 AM

Entelechy
Thanks, you are the greatest!

James hit the nail. Clinton is a great orator. So is John Kerry. the liberals have no lack of talkers. What they lack are walkers. People who say what they mean, and are not afraid to walk the walk, even if the path is hard and dangerouse.

The ability to talk to a crowd of people and get them to believe you is not the sign of greatness. It is the sign of a shyster, a con man. What is important is the context, the truthfullness of the talkers points and statements. Clinton saying he is the first black president is a bald face lie. But he can say it so people nod their heads and agree. All clinton is is a third rate JF Keneddy. both were amoral, rich, horny philanderers. JFK just had style, courage, and a great obit. Clintons got his fantasies.

Wyrd on September 26, 2006 at 9:30 AM

“Here come da judge!”

Wow, he really tore Klinton apart, didn’t he?

Tony737 on September 26, 2006 at 9:48 AM

James,
I thought Jesus’ middle name was “Horatio”.

Entelechy,
Who published those paragraphs in 1996?

-FFOG

Fogpig on September 26, 2006 at 11:55 AM

Fogpig, the head of the CIA’s Counterterrorist Center, which he set up in 1986.

Entelechy on September 26, 2006 at 12:08 PM

“He has becoming a megalodouche of such enourmous size that he’s on the verge collapsing in upon himself to form a quantum douche singularity so dense that not even smegmatronic radiation will be able to escape.”

Classic! ROTFLMAO!

rightwingprof on September 26, 2006 at 12:13 PM

What strikes me is how the RWPM gives Bush a total pass–you probably all remember the “blame game” mantra following the avalanche of info showing no WMD, no Iraq link to 9/11–all the admin and its apologists could say was, hey–“water under the bridge, let’s not play the blame game”–fair enough. But that same largess should apply across the board one would think.

The other thought I had watching Gingrich pontificate on O’R last night: if you are going to attache blame to Clinton for sins of omission, then as Speaker of the House, you have some ‘splainin to do as well. Of course, you had all that Monica L stuff to shepherd thru the House. Important stuff like that certainly had to take precedence.

What a bunch of clowns.

honora on September 26, 2006 at 12:15 PM

Ent,

Thank you for the link.

-FFOG

Fogpig on September 26, 2006 at 5:11 PM

james, I certainly wasn’t suggesting that his “fluency” was any good other than just what it was. Of course he’s a liar and actually I think he pathologically deludes himself, as well. Just remarking on his speaking. Only.

Anwyn on September 26, 2006 at 7:16 PM

honora, Cigarman opened the door. What did you expect?

As far as Bush goes, I have plenty that I criticize him about, but I have yet to catch him in a lie.

DannoJyd on September 26, 2006 at 10:03 PM