Cancelled due to Islamism: Mozart opera, car dealership commercial

posted at 3:48 pm on September 25, 2006 by Allahpundit

The highest of high culture, the lowest of low, and everything in between. Jihad makes no distinctions.

Egypt banned two prominent European newspapers over the weekend, too. For insulting the prophet.

Memory lane:

Comments

We just need to start having the jets in the ME make sky-writing cartoons of that sluggo Mo.

bbz123 on September 25, 2006 at 3:55 PM

South Park is the best cultural mirrors that we have. I seriously believe is’s one of the most brilliant original shows on TV, and yes, it’s vulgar…but from the mouth of children…

Remember Kids…Comedy Central has balls, as long as you’re insulting Christians. Go Cliche!

StoutRepublican on September 25, 2006 at 4:28 PM

Haha I love Southpark.

Wild Thing on September 25, 2006 at 4:41 PM

Could Comedy Central be any more cowardly than they were in that episode? Nope.

As Trey and Matt suggested they would, they pussed out. Pathetic.

thirteen28 on September 25, 2006 at 4:51 PM

That is why I hate the forced vurgarity on south park so much, because it is such a brilliant show otherwise and the vulgarity just obscures and distracts from the intelligence of the show. For example, some of SP’s best shows were like cartoon wars, without any vulgarity. Then you can watch the Wal-Mart show, which is good in some respects, but they had to add in the forced (hey look how gross I can be with my crappy animation) “you crap your pants when you die” nonsense, which just gives them an excuse to spray cartoon sh*t from corpses throughout the episode.

Stone and Parker rightly rip on Family Guy for being random and thoughtless, but SP’s vulgarity is every bit as random and thoughtless as Family Guy’s cutscenes.

South Park is probably my favorite show, but in SPITE of the lame forced gratuitous vulgarity. Im not taking about the language, either, Im really just talking about the excessive depictions of sh*t/vomit/gore.

While I was watching it, I thought “woodland critter christmas” was the worst episode they had ever made, until the last part of the episode where it is revealed who the narrator is, then I thought the episode was genius. lol

kaltes on September 25, 2006 at 4:57 PM

Hey, not many caught this story, but the Byzantine Emperor has now also apologized to Muslims!

“I referred to the Koran’s teachings about spreading the faith by the sword. And this, I said, could not come from God because violence is the opposite of reason, and God himself cannot act contrary to reason. But your passionate criticism has proven to me that there is, indeed, nothing evil or inhuman in spreading the faith by violent means, and that beheadings of non-believers and terrorizing communities in the name of religion are all signs of perfectly rational behavior and wonderful mental health.”

SouthPark is changing hearts and minds one stoned college kid at a time. I’m still thinking of naming my first born son after Matt or Trey…
After the beating they’ve given Comedy Central for their blantant hypocrisy I’m surprised they still have the venue.

NTWR on September 25, 2006 at 5:01 PM

I love South Park and have since it arrived on the scene 10 years ago. It’s a nuanced show that as Klates said can sometimes make you mad until the end and you realize the genius of Matt and Trey. I also read somewhere where fatty Moore is putting a “thank you” to them in his next “film”. Maybe he thought that “Team America, World Police” puppet made him look more attractive then he actually is.

Catie96706 on September 25, 2006 at 5:59 PM

NTWR,

And one stoned grown up at a time.

Rusty

Rustyw on September 25, 2006 at 6:41 PM

This guy is pretty ballsy too. It may offend some Christians, but not as mush as the muslims when they get wind of it.

Wyrd on September 25, 2006 at 7:30 PM

Comedy Central, over the top, wild and crazy, wimps. Getting foul language aired, showing “Dogma” every chance they get, putting on seedy stand up, but not having the balls to show the child raping, used camel selling, prophet of Islam in a cartoon.

Hening on September 25, 2006 at 7:49 PM

I’m in Columbus Ohio, where the Mitsubishi dealer created a radio ad about “launching a jihad on the automotive market.”

Sales representatives “will be wearing burqas all weekend long,” the ad says. One of the vehicles on sale “can comfortably seat up to 12 jihadists in the back.”

“Our prices are lower than the evildoers’ every day. Just ask the pope! ” the ad says. “Friday is fatwa Friday, with free rubber swords for the kiddies.”

Of course CAIR got involved and complained about it. The dealer spokesman said that he didn’t see any problem poking a little fun “at extremists”.

Well, they finally caved and never ran the ad. Who was CAIR worried about them offending, some terrorists???

Where was CAIR when terrorists were sawing off the heads of westerners in Iraq? Where was CAIR when the Catholic nun was recently murdered in Somalia, probably in response to the Pope using a 400 year old quote about Islam?

Where was CAIR when there was rioting in the streets and death threats against cartoonists drawing images of “the Prophet”??

If CAIR wants me to respect their organization, they need to start showing me that they are against Islamic terrorists. Maybe a billboard that reads “We are Muslims and we abhor and condemn the violence perpetrated on innocents by Islamic terrorists”

When they DEFEND them though……

pwhited on September 25, 2006 at 9:58 PM

ROFL “…can comfortably seat up to 12 jihadists in the back.” I am laughing out loud. Who says that terrorism can’t be funny?

I’m all for laughing at evil!

tickleddragon on September 25, 2006 at 11:11 PM

The boys were interviewed last night about this on Scarborough. Their comment re Comedy Central was rather disarming–supposely CC told them they wouldn’t run the Mohammad stuff because they didn’t want to get blown up, not great but beats that BS “we respect Islam” you would expect.

What a world.