Video: Fox covers Arizona 9/11 memorial controversy

posted at 2:42 pm on September 24, 2006 by Allahpundit

From blogs to Drudge to FNC. Tinker to Evers to Chance, baby.

We need to work DR out of the equation, though. Open up an info pipeline directly to Fox HQ.

You know, the way the nutroots does with Olbermann.

One of our readers says he’s heading out to the memorial today or tomorrow to take pictures of all the slogans. We’ll know soon enough exactly how much propaganda this thing is tagged with.

Update: Also on the memorial:

mem-olby.png

Update: I meant to post about the curriculum Arizona’s DOE designed for 9/11 but forgot about it. Dan Riehl reminds me. Follow his link to the PDF and watch how the lesson plans for grades K through 8 become progressively more “nuanced,” in the Kerryesque sense of that word.

Comments

That this purported “memorial” (which forgets the meaning of the event in favor of crypto-proseltyzing our guilt) is formed in the shape of the Islamic crescent symbol (they forgot the star, but, hey, no nutjob’s perfect!) says enough.

The inscriptions I’ve seen online are mixed bag of a “we should surrender now before they get really mad” idiocy to “we’re really the culpable party in this anti-Western jihad” self-loathing slander to a uninspiring few dry facts about the day, 9/11, to make the collective selections seem at all relevant to the supposed “intent” of this tax-wasting travesty.

It should be used for target practice by the nearest A-10 Warthogs.

It already looks like a target, -and invites more Islamofascist attacks by its cowardly take on the tragedy.

Destroy this folly, now!

profitsbeard on September 24, 2006 at 3:02 PM

Although I would like to see it destroyed, I think it should be left as is, to show the world,and the American voters, the workings of the moonbat mind and a reminder of why we should never allow the Dems in power again.

bbz123 on September 24, 2006 at 3:47 PM

Representative Pearce mentioned that many charities contributed to the memorial. I’d like to see a list so that when the United Way campaign rolls around I will be able to let those charities know why they will not be receiving any money. And don’t accept those ‘Well, that’s our Arizona chapters decision but we disagree with them.” Just say well pass on to the Arizona chapter how their decision has affected your goals.

tom scott on September 24, 2006 at 4:22 PM

Assuming that the shield that passes through the light for the memorial is made of metal, it can easily be modified by a right-angle grinder with a metal cutting wheel. If it’s made of stone, you can get a masonry cutting wheel. In any case, it CAN be “fixed,” to eliminate the P.C. crap embedded within it. You only need a sufficiently long extension cord.

Not a Dhimmicrat on September 24, 2006 at 5:25 PM

Allah here is a zip file of all of the pictures untouched.

Memorial.zip

There is one section that I tried to cover that is written along the edge of the memorial that say’s “Patriots Square Rally “Standing with Muslims Against Terrorism””

It’s a little hard to read because they kind of squashed everything in what appears to be the points of a crescent. though the memorial doesn’t physically look that way the shadow projected onto the ground sure does. Inially I was going to cleanup some of the overlaping messages but then decided against doing that so that knowone would ahve any gripes about photoshoping these. It’s a large download but with broadband it shouldn’t take long.

AZPatriot on September 24, 2006 at 5:26 PM

Senator McCain?…..Hel-looooooooo…anybody home???

The Ugly American on September 24, 2006 at 6:18 PM

What memorials in America Once Stood For.

What memorials in America Now Stand For.

And the Governor of Arizona, who oversaw the memorial from inception to dedication, speaks in Arizona.

SilverStar830 on September 24, 2006 at 7:33 PM

After reading what that totally out of touch, idiotic, moronic woman (Napolitano) did and said in Arizona, I think my head is going to explode. This is my idea of a memorial.

Jeff on September 24, 2006 at 8:02 PM

Shouldn’t that read “Olby fellates Clinton, writes him a check on Countdown”?

Pablo on September 24, 2006 at 8:05 PM

Jeff on September 24, 2006 at 8:06 PM

I guess my head did explode, that’s the link I meant to add in my first post.

Jeff on September 24, 2006 at 8:09 PM