Video: Olbermann donates to Clinton’s charity — on camera; Update: Olbylogic, the video!

posted at 10:34 pm on September 22, 2006 by Allahpundit

Who thinks it’s a good idea to videotape his charitable acts and air them on his television show?

A smug, shameless douche with a pathological need for approval, that’s who.

You won’t believe what I’m about to tell you, but the on-camera donation isn’t the most repulsive part of this clip. That honor’s reserved for what Olby has to say about Chris Wallace’s interview with Clinton — an interview that hasn’t aired yet and which Olby almost certainly hasn’t seen.

Johnny Dollar, as always, has a superb recap of the show along with a partial transcription. As you read it, keep in mind that MSNBC advertised tonight’s program by promising that Keith would ask Clinton “the tough questions.”

Update: Robert Cox of the world’s greatest watch blog has helpfully spliced together video from Tuesday night’s Countdown and O’Reilly Factor. Now, for the first time, watch our generation’s answer to Edward R. Murrow insist that torture doesn’t work side by side with actual reporter Brian Ross explaining why “torture” works.

Comments

Just checking: Is “donates to Clinton’s charity” a euphemism? I’m kind of afraid to watch it.

dorkafork on September 22, 2006 at 10:46 PM

Wow.

I just don’t think words can quite describe exactly how big a douche that guy is.

frankj on September 22, 2006 at 10:55 PM

Frankj,

How about douche?

a4g on September 22, 2006 at 11:03 PM

Is there another camera angle? I am just curious, maybe one that can see the check? Is it really Pay to the order of “(Clinton Charity)” or “Hillary ’08″?

Everytime I see KO it makes my skin crawl. “Sandbagging” interview. Like you said, he saw one clip that is obviously a teaser… so most likely the most amped up part of the interview. Wallace (THE YOUNGER) is a truly Fair and Balanced guy.

I suppose if KO got an interview with the currently sitting President Bush, he would treat him with the utmost respect as he did Clinton, right? Right? YEAH RIGHT!

mdconservative on September 22, 2006 at 11:08 PM

What an absolute ass.

Catie96706 on September 22, 2006 at 11:09 PM

Can you believe ol’ Willy getting choked up? I almost puked. He’d better make sure the check clears before turning on the waterworks.

Jezla on September 22, 2006 at 11:15 PM

a4g,
Yes, it’s well established that Olbermann is a douche, I’m just saying that words can’t quite describe the extent of his douche-ness. As I watched that clip, my mind was simply not capable of processing that much douchery at one time and I actually blacked out for a moment.

The brain is full of defensive mechanisms like that.

frankj on September 22, 2006 at 11:17 PM

It’s truly frightening how many people actually watch Olby… and seem to somehow appreciate him.

They live among us. (shudder)

MT on September 22, 2006 at 11:23 PM

I believe the technical term is megalodouche.

Watcher on September 22, 2006 at 11:25 PM

I truly can’t get my head around the notion that hundreds of thousands of “people” like his show. I think I need to go to therapy for this… it’s a like a parallel universe thing.

MT on September 22, 2006 at 11:35 PM

Olby reminds me a lot of a guy I knew growing up on the south side: Johnny Bagadouches.

Jaibones on September 22, 2006 at 11:48 PM

[Keith, stoic, with hilarious mock sincerity]: “…well, here’s eight more schools in Kenya from me…”

[off camera, rolling on the floor, laughing, "news" producer]: “…aw, shit…oh, damn…Keith, you’re fucking killing me…oh, God, that was hilarious…what a douchebag you are…”

[cracking wise, now, with a wry smile]: “uh, Mr. President, I’m going to take this cigar out of my ass, now. Did you want to keep it, or can I give it to Chris…?”

Jaibones on September 22, 2006 at 11:58 PM

This is pretty repulsive. But, unfortunately, it’s still not the most repulsive thing I’ve seen all day.

Greg Tinti on September 23, 2006 at 12:25 AM

Hey it is tough to speak clearly with your mouth full like that.

B Moe on September 23, 2006 at 12:40 AM

What a shameless bastard.

CP on September 23, 2006 at 12:40 AM

We’ve got oursevles a one trick pony. He, like that unfunny guy from SNL who had the radio show that went broke, has focused his entire life on bashing Fox News.

Didn’t this guy used to be on ESPN?

Vincenzo on September 23, 2006 at 1:12 AM

Actually, what Olbermann handed Clinton wasn’t a check but a note that said “Hookers. My room. Right after taping.

DaveS on September 23, 2006 at 1:13 AM

Olbermann: “This was transcendent.”

Transcendent? TRANSCENDENT?

The only thing that’s transcendent is the obviousness that Olbermann wants to be Billy-boy’s play-thang! I’m surprised he didn’t actually try to kiss him. Oh, maybe they cut that part out.

As to the level of douche-osity for BOTH of them, it’s equivalent to the value of a googolplex.

Lone Star on September 23, 2006 at 1:13 AM

See my comments on the Wallace interview. Clinton is moving in as a tactic to shore up the Pelosi/Rangel diversionary play. He is trying to pack the airwaves to damp off the momentum shift to Bush caused by Chavez/Ahmadinejad and the Chavez.Rangel Willie-Horton level faux-pas at the Harlem church .

Mr. O. is just a prop.

entagor on September 23, 2006 at 2:23 AM

Here are eight more schools in Kenya from me. Live, on MSNBC.

Promiscuous giving: the preserve of those who are not inately generous.

Martin on September 23, 2006 at 9:34 AM

“Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.” [Matthew 6:2-4]

Terp Mole on September 23, 2006 at 9:53 AM

Wow.

frankj on September 22, 2006 at 10:55 PM

Human Smegma, maybe?

Kid from Brooklyn on September 23, 2006 at 10:27 AM

“A smug, shameless douche with a pathological need for approval, that’s who”.

Actually, we should be grateful to the Obermann. He is doing exactly what every MSM would want to do if they had the courage of their convictions.

RobCon on September 23, 2006 at 10:35 AM

Aparently Olby stuck to the Clinton approved script he was given before the interview and Wallace did not. Asking the tough questions is now considered sandbagging? And Olbys method is know as ass kissing.

roninacreage on September 23, 2006 at 10:41 AM

Well, that is it. I have seen it all. This is typical Keith Olbermann on MSNBC but as a parody of himself. I thought I was watching a “Saturday Night Live” skit. He has got to be acting here. Nobody is this much of a self-righteous and butt kissing pompus fool.

RobCon on September 23, 2006 at 10:41 AM

What they didn’t show was Olby taking the check back when the cameras quit rolling.

roninacreage on September 23, 2006 at 10:44 AM

To be fair, Keith turned the tables on him and this time Clinton was the giggly groupie “Oh, thank you, thank you.”
The sad part is that there are millions of soccor moms who buy all this pathetic nonsense.

RobCon on September 23, 2006 at 10:46 AM

I followed this thread not because I have any interest in what that guy says or does, but to add to my lexicon of descriptions for liberals. “Smug, shamless douche” is a keeper.

As far as his level of douche-ness goes, surely there must be a way to quantify it. You know, kinda the same way the kids rated the songs on American Bandstand. “I give him a douche rating of 10, but he’s hard to dance to.”

SailorDave on September 23, 2006 at 10:54 AM

Lol! That looked like Olby was gonna cry there for a second.

More proof that Liberals feel more than they think.

venmax on September 23, 2006 at 10:58 AM

CALL THE IRS , HE’S HIDING SOMETHING!!!!

shooter on September 23, 2006 at 11:02 AM

Shooter,

I’m sure he asked for a receipt.

SailorDave on September 23, 2006 at 11:22 AM

Was Clinton kind enough to give him a reacharound?

JammieWearingFool on September 23, 2006 at 11:28 AM

I would like to know if the check was from KO’s own account or was it from MSNBC petty cash? How selfless is Keith?

Looks like Monica’s lip prints aren’t the only ones on Clinton’s little willy.

Mallard T. Drake on September 23, 2006 at 11:31 AM

I tuned into Olbermann once and lasted ten minutes. Here is someone that thinks by whining about O’Reilly tht he’s going to steal his ratings. Sounds like the Democratic party strategy.

MSNBC is about the most sophmoric bunch on maroons on the tube. The “opinions” channel.

Hening on September 23, 2006 at 12:31 PM

It blows my mind that anyone could watch this clip and think either of these men (I use the term loosely) have an ounce of sincerity in them. Not only does KO make his donation on television, but he pompously describes it as “eight more schools in Kenya from me”?? And Clinton reacts by getting choked up?? Does anyone really believe this crap?

Greg Tinti: That link was pure evil. I’ll never forgive you for that… my contacts are permanently melted to my eyes.

insomni on September 23, 2006 at 2:28 PM

I don’t know how Olby managed all the ass kissing with his mouth SO FULL OF SEMEN!

Soothsayer on September 23, 2006 at 2:42 PM

Olbermann = Buffoonerymania!

Clinton = You know his legacy is on the ropes when Clinton stoops down to the buffoon level. Dying legacymania!

darwin on September 23, 2006 at 2:46 PM

Olbermann is such a suck-up.

Lawrence on September 23, 2006 at 3:06 PM

Advance payment for Clinton Presidential museum and massage parlor.

Terp Mole on September 23, 2006 at 3:42 PM

Reference the last line of this video clip… truer words were never spoken. Take one look at Olbermann’s (and his network’s) ratings, compared to O’Reilly (and his network), and it’s easy to see why he’s such a douchebag… he’s starving for viewers and has essentially reduced himself to pandering to the bottom of the barrel. His pathological fixation on O’Relly and Fox is akin to a junkie. He’s morally bankrupt and intellectually dysfunctional. He needs methadone, not more viewers.

SilverStar830 on September 23, 2006 at 3:49 PM

Soothsayer, I’m sure you were referring to Sea Men. ;o)

DannoJyd on September 23, 2006 at 5:02 PM

Swallow, for God’s sake, Keith, and put some ice on your flaming assh*@e.

doingwhatican on September 23, 2006 at 6:38 PM

Okay, we all know that Clinton is a shameless piece of s**t and that Olberman is one sick puppy. What I would really like to know is why is slick Willy all of a sudden flooding the media with himself? Why the hell was he parading around the United Nations meeting as if he was some kind of world leader waiting to make another speech against this country? He’s not humping a new book or anything like that.

Here’s my theory – the bastard wants to be the the chief honcho at the UN. Annan is slated to leave in Dec. or Jan. and Billy Boy really wants the job. Since his lovely wife (the devil) and he are both ‘one worlders’ this would be a stepping stone for these two wretched people to head up any ‘one world’ organization that might be formed to take over when the UN folds. Crazy me? Maybe!!

One other thing while I’m ranting – aren’t there enough of us ‘right wing nuts’ to put Chavez’s Citco gas stations out of business if we backed a total boycott of them? Personally I have never bought anything from these stations but I bet we all have friends who have.

OBX Pete on September 24, 2006 at 9:24 AM

I believe that Olbermann has done more damage than he – or the so-called Mainstream Media – yet realize. Why? Because this clip permanently, and obviously, puts the lie to the claim that the media is “mainstream”, “middle of the road”, “non-partisan”, or “objective”.

On the same subject, see this Boston Herald article on Associated Press (h/t InstaPundit).

Rusty Bill on September 24, 2006 at 9:46 AM

Is Obbie applying for a interns job?

Wade on September 24, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Expect the arse kisser to next blast Wallace for his great interview of Cigarman.

DannoJyd on September 24, 2006 at 12:25 PM

If you look closely you can almost see Olbermann’s [heavily-worn] kneepads.

What a worthless ass.

CrazyFool on September 25, 2006 at 10:32 AM

It is customary and a matter of good etiquette to pay the prostitute first,
as demonstrated by Olby.

TheSitRep on December 2, 2007 at 6:17 PM

2/14/08 and this still makes me laugh. It will forever have a bookmark in my browser. Keith Olberman, world’s biggest d*****bag.

malan89 on February 14, 2008 at 7:16 PM