Ted Rall writes Ann Coulter’s obituary

posted at 8:07 pm on September 20, 2006 by Allahpundit

A humor rag he won’t name allegedly commissioned the piece, then killed it. Why people who get paid to be funny would have any business with Ted Rall except as background for a hit piece they’re doing on him is beyond me. But judge for yourself. I think he’s just mad that Coulter’s eclipsed him as America’s most grotesquely insensitive jackass when it comes to the subject of terror widows.

He’s right, of course, to imply that Coulter’s brand of demagoguery does little to win converts and a lot to make her own side look bad. But on the long list of people who are well positioned to make that point, Ted farking Rall is very near the absolute bottom.

Coulter likely won’t deign to answer him so I’ve taken it upon myself to respond in kind.

Ted Rall, 43, Dies

Who?

Gratuitous bonus flashback! I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day…

Comments

Rejected for lack of humor. Or doesn’t this idiot get it?

JammieWearingFool on September 20, 2006 at 8:10 PM

However, she’s still funny.

JammieWearingFool on September 20, 2006 at 8:13 PM

“Who?”

I laughed.

Metro on September 20, 2006 at 8:22 PM

I expected something outrageous, but found something boring.

Patterico on September 20, 2006 at 8:26 PM

that was just dull and sad
In one article he proved why he’s not in Coulter’s league

Defector01 on September 20, 2006 at 8:29 PM

Dueling blondes! KP steals the show again.

speed647 on September 20, 2006 at 8:32 PM

According to liberals across the World, America killing terrorists “does little to win converts and a lot to make her own side look bad”. I personally call B.S. on both silly notions.

DannoJyd on September 20, 2006 at 8:33 PM

I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day…

This is so romantic. I’m picturing AP+KP inside a heart carved into a tree trunk.

speed647 on September 20, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Jammie, love the ending to her piece.

On the plus side, we can finally put Rosie O’Donnell in a burka.

Baha ha ha ha………

lan astaslem on September 20, 2006 at 8:35 PM

does little to win converts and a lot to make her own side look bad.

I don’t think she wants to win converts… if she makes her side look bad the truths she speaks is yet amazing (unlike any conservative I’ve seen) and she is heard - some people are not heard…

Would Hillary respond to … ummm … any of us?

ar_basin on September 20, 2006 at 8:35 PM

I disagree strongly. She has made a lot of converts of those who were on the fence, or those who have only heard one side of issues such as college students, thanks to her intelligent, blunt, and controversial style. She has educated a lot of people as well. For example, the American people had been fed lie after lie about “McCarthyism.” She was also the first one to write about the liberal media bias.

I’ll take her any day over the old-fashioned Republicans: those who toast Kofi Annan, get along with Democrats, can’t stop being nice, reward the liberal MSM, and accept the “infallibility” that the MSM confers on the likes of Cindy Sheehan and the widows who were politicizing the War on Terror to personally benefit. Ann Coulter, by criticizing and making fun of them, proved that she was not willing to accept liberal “dhimmitude.” She should be commended for that.

januarius on September 20, 2006 at 8:37 PM

She has educated a lot of people as well.

I can testify to that.

DannoJyd on September 20, 2006 at 8:43 PM

Ann Coulter is a super nova, both exceedingly bright and unimaginably hostile to anything that gets in her way. I can never help but stare at her in awe.

p.s. the end of that clip ruined my keyboard… it really needs a put down your drink warning.

12thman on September 20, 2006 at 8:47 PM

januarius,

Bravo… wonderful.

I myself wasn’t into politics for many years during my undergrad and grad years. At the time I was more interested in ideals, philosophy, evolution, theism, etc..

Ann made politics fun… For example, most conservatives do play too nice and haven’t spoken the word “Communist” or “Communism” in years… They may say Socialist…

I went to Michigan (Ann Arbor) … there like Ann, I met true privilaged commies, young and old (from Nicaragua, China, North Korea, ANSWER) and their agenda is alive and well. Ann knows what she is doing. McCain not so much.

ar_basin on September 20, 2006 at 8:48 PM

Did anyone just catch the O’Reilly segment discussing McGreevy?
Tammy Bruce destroyed some two-bit RuPaul wannabe who was ID’d as a former Clinton aide. Anyway, he managed to turn a discussion on the psychopath McGreevey into besmirching Rush Limbaugh, Rudy Giuliani, Newt Gingrich, and Mary Cheney. These Clintonistas are a sick bunch.

JammieWearingFool on September 20, 2006 at 8:51 PM

They have to attack Newt Gingrich as he will be the one to beat in 08 if we are lucky.

DannoJyd on September 20, 2006 at 9:21 PM

Uh…Kirsten Powers has the brain of Kos-poster. What on earth is the attraction, beyond a really good dye job?

Jaibones on September 20, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Ref: Kirsten Powers

What on earth is the attraction, beyond a really good dye job?

Well, the fact that she is a woman who is smokin’ hot. That pretty much covers it. It’s that whole heterosexuality thing. That’s just the nature of things.

Uh…Kirsten Powers has the brain of Kos-poster.

Uh…I’b be carefull if I were you. Allahpundit has been known to get awfully rough on those who disrespect his special lady friend.

EFG on September 20, 2006 at 11:20 PM

You pout more about Coulter than even the uncloseted libs I’ve seen.

Perchant on September 20, 2006 at 11:42 PM

She’s very down-to-earth over e-mail. Or so I’ve heard.

Patterico on September 20, 2006 at 11:47 PM

I think I have missed something… is this bout of palpitations for KP for real?

MsUnderestimated on September 21, 2006 at 12:01 AM

I flirt with KP to make Bethany jealous.

It’s … not working.

Allahpundit on September 21, 2006 at 12:04 AM

Ted Rall is America’s BS detector

Patterico, nothing escapes you :)

Entelechy on September 21, 2006 at 2:04 AM

Umm.. who the hell is Ted Rall? Anyway, I totally disagree that AC does little to win converts etc. In fact, I email her video clips and this poster to my college-age son, nieces and nephews all the time, they send them to their friends and link to her etc.. By all accounts, it’s working. AC is the perfect combination of beauty, wit, intelligence and laser-sharp insight and their generation loves her superior kick-assness.

Benthoven on September 21, 2006 at 3:09 AM

The reason Ann gets hit from the right can be summed up in one word: “Treason”

That book made a lot of enemies. It dealt with a subject many would prefer not be revisited. Too many friends and family members were on the wrong side.

Essex on September 21, 2006 at 3:30 AM

I wouldn’t have thought it possible, Ted Rall is even less funny as a writer than as a cartoonist. Not one good line in the whole thing.

Here’s a clue, Ted. When they commissioned you to write “in the style” of a Times obit, they weren’t looking for you to kill her off in a clumsy riff about zepplins and firearms. You’ve completely lost the tone by the third paragraph! I know it’s not your area of expertise, but how about a little subtlety…

Ann Hart Coulter, 43, died yesterday in the dressing room of a Target store in midtown Manhattan. The cause was a severe allergic reaction to angora exacerbated by poor ventilation in the tiny dressing room.

Back Uptown, Ann’s closest friends struggled to understand how she could be caught dead in target while colleagues noted the bitter irony that she had always had an aversion to warm fuzzies.

Even dead Ann Coulter could write a funnier column.

John on September 21, 2006 at 5:06 AM

I flirt with KP to make Bethany jealous.

It’s … not working.

Hmmmmm…..maybe that explains your obsession with Coulter. It didn’t work either.

;)

GT on September 21, 2006 at 7:13 AM

Allah (peace be upon him),

Sorry to hear about the Bethany thing (sigh), and not to grab the tiger’s tail here, but let’s all be adults. KP is lovely, but she’s nutbag left, a paid spokesmodel for the party of treason.

Her kick in the cajones to the maggot from GGW notwithstanding, there aren’t five things in life that one might find to agree upon with such a girl (granted, a couple of those five things might be really, really good).

Bethany, (not to narrow this discussion down to two people in the entire world, but rather, to compare and contrast a couple of notable lovelies) on the other hand, is (15 years younger, but that would be wrong to point out) a bright, clear-eyed, clear thinking (perfect toothed), properly dressed, articulately conservative young lady.

But I think the problem for you might be the whole Christian thing. I’ll bet you dollars to doughnuts she’s a disciple of my Lord Jesus Christ (all praise). Bet ya.

Jaibones on September 21, 2006 at 9:59 AM

Can someone with photshop skills put Michelle at the top of the jpg.? As much as I like Bo and Janine, we see Michelle much more frequently…

allie on September 21, 2006 at 11:14 AM

Ugh, I just listened to that clip with KP & AC & whatshisface.

KP may be a lovely person on an individual basis–there’s no reason to think otherwise–but I get waves of nausea hearing the brazenly bone-headed leftard slogans. “Where’s Osama?” “Blah blah blah Bush lied blah Iraq.” I guess if all you want is a pretty girl who doesn’t talk too much…

(And whatever you think of Ann Coulter, IMHO she was exactly right in that clip.)

bamapachyderm on September 21, 2006 at 4:17 PM

Ann has always been right. They can talk over her, but so far I’ve never seen any kind of debate she didn’t win hands down. She’s way too smart for them.

wcarr on September 21, 2006 at 5:12 PM

ANN COULTER: Typographical terror.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 21, 2006 at 8:34 PM

I know who, and what Ann Coulter is.
BUT WHO IN THE HELL IS TED RALL???

byteshredder on September 22, 2006 at 1:42 AM