Video: Olbermann’s “special” comment demands apology from Bush

posted at 5:40 pm on September 19, 2006 by Ian

Left-wing darling Keith Olbermann went on one of his “special” attacks last night. The target: President Bush, of course. As usual, his screech got raving reviews from the OlbyLoons. Let’s just say if this was a Tom Jones concert and Olbermann was Jones and the left-wing blogs were fans in the audience, they would be throwing their underwear at him.

Olby is still pretending to be shocked and insulted that the President of the United States would dare say it is “unacceptable” to compare our country to those of Islamofascists. Mark Finkelstein points out Olbermann suggested [insert “1984” reference here] it is the people’s right to “overthrow” a tyrannical government. Which agrees with Thomas Jefferson more or less–but if we’re really under tyrannical government as Olby suggests, wouldn’t he be off the air and the Loose Change guys “disappeared”? And no, once his ratings finally give him the ax he’s long deserved, that won’t be tyranny either. It’ll just be the same market wisdom that’s killing off Air America.

Anyway, he goes on to compare Bush to a three-year-old for his apparent “anger”. If anyone is a child for being angry, I think we’ve found our man and if you don’t know about him already, he’s usually the lowest rated cable news host.

Johnny $ at Olbermann Watch writes this, and rounds up opinion from the Olbysphere:

The same twisting of words and semantic tricks of last Friday made no more sense when delivered by Reverend Olbermann from his pompous pulpit. Hyperbole (“spat through his teeth”) does not equal credibility. No amount of semantic hanky-panky and selective editing can transform a simple colloquialism into some sort of clarion call for totalitarianism. Smugness (“Mister” Bush), phony outrage (“frightening”, “dangerous”), and stale guilt-by-association smears (“Richard Nixon”) do not make for heroic journalism. They are the tools of demagogues, tricksters, and propagandists. And they are at heart un-American, as is Herr Olbermann’s “special comment”.

The Media Blog points out Olby thinks he is the first to criticize Bush.

Read the whole text at Keith’s “blog”.

Comments

I love public breakdowns.

JammieWearingFool on September 19, 2006 at 5:47 PM

Is Olbermann German for pompus jerk…..sir

RobCon on September 19, 2006 at 5:48 PM

Alright, somebody take away Keith’s “Good Night and Good Luck” DVD. He is having an unhealthy obsession with Edward R. Murrow. He is going to start wearing trench coats and taking up smoking soon.

RobCon on September 19, 2006 at 5:53 PM

Olderwoman: The coward who will not pick a side.

Isn’t this the bastid clown who beats up on little girls?

DannoJyd on September 19, 2006 at 5:53 PM

Is Olby saying he’s much more of an Islamofascist person, too, than not?

Kokonut on September 19, 2006 at 5:54 PM

He is such a dink.

Dr. Gecko on September 19, 2006 at 6:16 PM

Voltaire?? No wonder he loves Kerry.

gary on September 19, 2006 at 6:33 PM

Get a life Keith…
You were TKO’d and a loser years ago
when your daddy set you up in the
TV business.

byteshredder on September 19, 2006 at 6:34 PM

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, did it make a noise?

If Keith speaks on MSNBC…….

So someone actually heard this?

lan astaslem on September 19, 2006 at 6:39 PM

You, sir, are no Edward R. Murrow.

Squid Vicious on September 19, 2006 at 6:39 PM

Holy Spit……No! I’m serious I was drinking Holy water when I saw this…….. Keith! Keith! Keith! What’s the problem?…..I think he may need them to up his meds a bit or he could just have a aneurysm from his raving moonbat hate!!

Fandango on September 19, 2006 at 6:48 PM

I’ve only seen this guy on hotair. Is he really on tv?

wcarr on September 19, 2006 at 6:54 PM

And why again does this guy get any attention?

frankj on September 19, 2006 at 7:08 PM

Who is this guy? What’s a “MSNBC”?

Iblis on September 19, 2006 at 7:24 PM

Tool

Valiant on September 19, 2006 at 7:25 PM

What a self-righteous nitwit.

GT on September 19, 2006 at 7:33 PM

Seriously, how many people actually watch this clown?

Catie96706 on September 19, 2006 at 8:00 PM

At what point does Olby become one of those robe wearing guys you see on the street in sci-fi movies screaming gibberish? Oh… wait, he’s already gibbering….

sMack on September 19, 2006 at 8:38 PM

It’s when Olbermann gets serious and makes an attempt at a stern criticism that he amuses me most. I can’t quite explain it, but something about the combination of his self-righteousness and facial movements (mouth and bushy eyebrows, mostly) just crack me up. (Watch when he says “unglued” about half-way through for an example.) But just when I thought he couldn’t get any more self-important, he rolled out the best-known Voltaire quote as though he’d just finished reading Candide. Now that one really had me laughing.

insomni on September 19, 2006 at 9:12 PM

What’s the deal about him beating up little girls? Does he get mad because they have more testosterone than he does?

Mike H. on September 19, 2006 at 9:17 PM

A legend in his own mind.

I’m so glad my DishTV plan doesn’t carry MSNBC.
However, I don’t get FOXNEWS also…

I’m not sure if I should ask Ian for an apology for listening to that rant or asking myself as to why I didn’t just turn it off.
(Just kidding Ian)

It’s almost like reading a Maureen Dowd Op-ed where I wanna gouge my eyes out just for reading it.

But in hindsight, and a glass of Scotch later, it’s kinda funny to watch. I can laugh at Keith and throw the TV Brick at him. Oh and Thanking God people like him remind me why I voted for George Bush.

Kini on September 19, 2006 at 9:25 PM

Oh ho ho ho hah hah hah heh heh…

Excuse the sinister laughter. I can explain Olby’s “ratings,” as they are, in two simple words: conservative shadenfreude. My record for sitting through his show, thus far, is exactly four minutes and 28.252 seconds.

It’s the same reason I ride roller coasters, even though they make me throw up. It’s the same reason I still subscribe to my local newspaper, even though half the stuff is from the Associated Press wire — I’m an adrenaline junky.

And…

Every time I think he has gone over the edge, Olby seems to be able to find a new way to surprise, nay, shock me.

Keep up the “good work,” Olby — a few minutes of your show is worth about an hour of aerobic exercise.

gryphon202 on September 19, 2006 at 10:13 PM

Why do we keep noticing this turd? Just let him circle the MSNBC bowl in the relative anonymity he so richly deserves. I’m convinced at least 20% of his nightly viewership are conservatives gawking at the train wreck. Just stop.

Fred on September 19, 2006 at 10:37 PM

Comic book reference time, again.

I remember reading a reprint from an old, old Spider-Man comic, where he battles them teams with Daredevil, to thwart some kind of bad stuff from a villain called the Ringmaster. It is this issue here.

Anyway, the Ringmaster lets loose with some overwrought dialogue and Spidey says, “Boy, I’ll bet they feed you corn flakes 10 times a day.”

Guess Olby has to load up on his before he composes his purple “Special Comments.”

And he really thinks he’s being taken seriously? By someone besides his underwear-throwing fans?

Gottafang on September 19, 2006 at 10:57 PM

Ever seen ‘The Chistmas Story’?? Remember when Ralphie was beating up the bully screaming out obscenities?
Now think of a 34 year old man doing the same….I hate this guy! He has no tact or respect for intelligence. How did he get his own show!?!?!
Please stop tourturing me by showing his ignorant psycho babble..
ok, ok..next time I just won’t click
lol

lsutiger on September 20, 2006 at 12:35 AM

To steal from another Hot Air fan:

Olby is the floater of MSNBC as it gets flushed off the airwaves.

Wil on September 20, 2006 at 8:07 AM

I hated him on ESPN and was SO glad when he left. He was a no talent hack then, and he continues to be the same now.

I just wonder when that network of his…(what was it’s name again?) will ever get some actual exposure and ratings.

webproze on September 20, 2006 at 8:46 AM

I really think this guys biggest audience are us conservative bloggers who see him on sites like this.
Please Ian, lets ignore this pompus jerk wannabe.

RobCon on September 20, 2006 at 6:48 PM