Video: Ahmadinejad addresses the UN

posted at 7:25 pm on September 19, 2006 by Allahpundit

CNN has a graphic up saying it’s set to begin shortly and that they’ll carry it live. Hopefully Fox will too. If you can’t get either where you are, watch here.

Update: Here’s an edit that, even at eight minutes, doesn’t quite capture the full Orwellian scope. Read the transcript and see, bearing this in mind. The address concludes with a wish for the coming of the messiah.

Please note that the video got cut off for a few seconds during the bolded part of this paragraph:

Justice and democracy dictate that the role of the General Assembly, as the highest organ of the United Nations, must be respected. The General Assembly can then, through appropriate mechanisms, take on the task of reforming the Organization and particularly rescue the Security Councilfrom its current state. In the interim, the Non-Aligned Movement, the Organization of the Islamic Conference and the African continent should each have a representative as a permanent member of the Security Council, with veto privilege. The resulting balance would hopefully prevent further trampling of the rights of nations.

For more on the “Non-Aligned Movement,” see here.

Comments

Sweeet. Open thread. A good place to foreshadow Amadjihads speech with this little story, about a 6 year old girl getting killed in the fray of an “honor” killing.

And, a random story but another reason not to live in the big cities: getting killed over a parking spot.

Why is it we’re allowing the modern-day Hitler to speak on our soil again?

NTWR on September 19, 2006 at 7:38 PM

If you’re going to watch the simulcast, you’ll need RealPlayer to view it.

I won’t be watching it live due to RealPlayer really hating my ‘puter (or vice versa), so I look forward to AP’s highlowlights.

SilverStar830 on September 19, 2006 at 7:43 PM

C-SPAN2 has it live.

speed647 on September 19, 2006 at 7:46 PM

Open thread… hmmmm

Future POTUS

Katie Couric’s New Sign-Off

Prima donna Professor

Why can’t the Dalai Lama vacuum under the sofa?

Because he has no attachments.

And finally, a quote from Shakespeare’s Hamlet:

“Lady, shall I lie in your lap?”
“No, my lord.”
“I mean, my head upon your lap?”
“Ay, my lord.”
“Do you think I meant country matters?”
“I think nothing, my lord”
“That’s a fair thought to lie between maids’ legs”
“What is, my lord?”
“Nothing.”

Shakespeare was not just a perv, but a very nasty perv :D

SilverStar830 on September 19, 2006 at 7:56 PM

Listening to Michael Savage’s live “coverage” (5 seconds of Professor I’mMadJihad followed by 30-60 seconds of Savage ranting) is pretty interesting. Even so, there’s more soundbytes coming through than what I’ll hear tomorrow morning on the local ABC news radio affiliate…

I shudder at the thought of how the AP or Al Reuters will cover this speech: “The brave president of Iran boldly stood up to the US and President Bush. Anybody in the CIA or the Pentagon with inside information about US plans against Iran should immediately contact our tip hotline.”

Dave Shay on September 19, 2006 at 7:57 PM

I’mMadJihad

I prefer “Madman-in-a-jihad”..

just sayin…

Psycotte on September 19, 2006 at 8:13 PM

Did Ahmadimejad just drop a Da’Wa on the General Assembly? No, he di-innnt! I’m fairly certain that Khatami used the same kind of “spirituality, ethics, piety, justice, and virtue” code last week at Harvard. And, may I add, he made a spectacular case for the U.S. to get the hell out of the U.N.

Kid from Brooklyn on September 19, 2006 at 8:13 PM

I thought the video Allah had from Madman-in-a-jihad recently as shown on MEMRI TV was his speech at the UN….Damn….I need to read the posts not just watch the videos….heh

Psycotte on September 19, 2006 at 8:16 PM

Since this is an open thread, I’d just like to get off my chest that I don’t particularly like the current Iranian government.

frankj on September 19, 2006 at 8:46 PM

I only wish some TECHIE at C-SPAN 2 would accidentally play the line from the song:
If I had a rocket launcher, some son-of-a-bitch would die…” over and over as Mahmoud of the Mad Mullahs prattles his little taqqiya tapdance for the feckless UN-intelligentia.
And then mistakenly insert a double-image over his wolfman face of the young Iranian girls hanged from construction cranes for mocking the ayatollahs.

profitsbeard on September 19, 2006 at 9:34 PM

C’mon – Can I buy a vowel?

I’mAMadJihad
or
I’madingabat

Elsewhere….Starbucks is a little too expensive- Really old drivers should have to wear top hats (So you can see them BEFORE you get behind them)-how come illegal aliens seem to have ore rights than single white males?

Is I’madjihad even 5 foot? Maybe 4′ 10″?

shooter on September 19, 2006 at 9:47 PM

Did he just demand DEMOCRACY? A democratic action, demanded by IRAN at the UN. He is a vile little terd, isn’t he.

shooter on September 19, 2006 at 9:53 PM

He is a vile little terd, isn’t he.

That’s a good start, but it doesn’t even come close.

gryphon202 on September 19, 2006 at 10:34 PM

NEWSFLASH FOR IRANIAN NUTBAG. THE MESSIAH CAME…YOU MISSED IT.. HIS NAME IS JESUS AND HE’S GONNA SEND YOU AND YOUR RAGHEAD CRONIES TO HELL.

Can someone tell me why Bush didn’t have him arrested for taking American Hostages in the 70′s? I mean, these people are Americans! And they have positively identified Achminenjihad(lol) as a kidnapper. Not only did Bush bend over and take it up the ass from France, but he then essentially had nothing to say about the consequences of Iran actually ACQUIRING a nuke! I think he’s given up. Pity, he had so much promise.

Soothsayer on September 19, 2006 at 10:47 PM

C’mon.. that’s not Ahmadinejad, it’s Yakov Smirnoff “Wotta Country”…

Skywise on September 19, 2006 at 10:52 PM

Does this not say it all?

He commands His creatures to enjoin one another to righteousness and virtue and not to sin and transgression. All Divine prophets from the Prophet Adam (peace be upon him) to the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him), to the Prophet Jesus Christ (peace be upon him), to the Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him), have all called humanity to monotheism, justice, brotherhood, love and compassion. Is it not possible to build a better world based on monotheism, justice, love and respect for the rights of
human beings, and thereby transform animosities into friendship?

Any question as to their motives? Just who’s monothistic view do you think they would prefer – and murder you if you don’t comply – - – -

Woody

woodcdi on September 19, 2006 at 10:52 PM

I hear the star wars theme song playing in my head.
NAM NAM NAM NAmmm Naaam Na Na Na NAM NAM Na Na Na NAM NAM dunt dunt dunt da.

Shack on September 19, 2006 at 10:54 PM

Looooose thread. Doesn’t Ahmadinejad’s speech remind everyone of how ‘messed up’ his thinking is? He’s worse than-scratch that-just as bad as EKennedy. If that inmate is running that asylum, the people of Iran have more to fear from their President than we do from ours. President Bush is a good man-Ahmadinejad is a religious nutcase. We voted for President Bush-Ahmadinejad was appointed by Mullahs as fanatical as he is. What does it mean for the future? If Bush is right, personal freedoms will be won for all peoples, and free men embrace Peace. If Ahmadinejad has his future come true, all the world will be under Islam, and the 12th Imam will rule.
I like President Bush’s vision better.

Doug on September 19, 2006 at 11:36 PM

While he was saying one thing, he was thinking another: “Human Beings are all God’s creatures, and are all endowed with dignity and respect. Over 6 Billion inhabitants of the Earth are all equal and worthy of respect… *except for all homosexuals, all non-Muslims, all non-burkahed women, all who speak of Islam and the Ayatollah’s with anything but praise, all Christians, all Jews, and all editorial Cartoonists, who must all die a horrible death as soon as possible*.”

Who does that clown think he’s fooling?

2005- PRESIDENT MAHMOUD AHMADINEJAD (Translated): On the last day when I was speaking before the [U.N.] assembly, one of our group told me that when I started to say “In the name of God the almighty and merciful,” he saw a light around me, and I was placed inside this aura. I felt it myself.

I felt the atmosphere suddenly change, and for those 27 or 28 minutes, the leaders of the world did not blink. When I say they didn’t bat an eyelid, I’m not exaggerating because I was looking at them. And they were rapt.

It seemed as if a hand was holding them there and had opened their eyes to receive the message from the Islamic republic.

Dangerous… very dangerous.

SilverStar830 on September 20, 2006 at 12:48 AM

No no, the Star Wars Empire theme goes: “Dum dum dum, dum dee dum, dum dee dum, DUM DUM DUM *DUM* dee dum, DUM dee dum, *DUM* dum dee dum, dum dee dunni dum, dee dum, dum, dee dunni dum, dee dum, dum dee dum, dum dee dummmm”. I hear it too every time I see Ahmahjihadist. He shoulda been arrested at the airport! He’s not just ON the no-fly list, he IS the no-fly list!

Tony737 on September 20, 2006 at 8:50 AM

The UN Security Council was not around during WWII. For that matter, neither was the UN. I guess when you just make everything up, facts do not matter.

Hening on September 20, 2006 at 11:00 AM

Any chance we can catch him in Scores, or watching Public Access after hours?

Rich on September 20, 2006 at 11:18 AM

I used to beat my head against the wall all the time. Every month, I’d pay my ex-wife child support and alimony. Every month, she’d take my money, then turn around and cause problems for me when I’d try to see my sons. How many times I wished I could just quit providing her with the financial means to cause me undue hardships. Unfortunately, the law required me to continue paying her.

So what’s the U.S’s excuse with the U.N?

dalewalt on September 20, 2006 at 1:10 PM

The world turned upside down.

Before WWII, Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie addressed the League of Nations pleading for help and warning about the Axis.

No one helped him.

Fast forward. The new Hitler addresses the U.N. to warn the world about the nations he wishes to incinerate.

Islamo-Hitler, I mean A-Mad-a-Bad-a-Ding-Dong addresses the sheep about the value of lamb-chops and:

Clap-clap, applause meter on max, Yay!!! Whoopeee, Kill the Jews wherever you find them, Killing Jews is Peace, Kill the Pope, Death to America, I smell sulfur, Bush is Satan, Atheists supporting Convert or Die, Lesbians love Burkas, Gays Bend Over for al Quaeda, Beheading A-OK with us says Workers World Movement, I See Dead (Christian) People and That’s a Good Thing says Fat Talk Show Hostess, Save the Whales Says Jewish Extinction May be Necessary…

This is why I respect the Book of Revelations

After an ecounter with the Antithesis, the Psalms restore my soul

entagor on September 20, 2006 at 7:45 PM

Read it folks. We have two years left til Ahmadinejad completely loses it.

Kokonut on September 20, 2006 at 8:42 PM

He’s serious.

Hitler wrote Mein Kampf a.k.a ‘My Struggle’. Kampf also connotes combat or war. Hitler wrote that if only 10-15 thousand Jews had been gassed, Germany would have won WWI.

Shucks, Saddam did that for breakfast, and life under Saddam was great (see Michael Moore)

I’m Mad and Bad declares islam, which means peace. is coming. capitulation = peace.

The Iranian does not have to write Mein Kampf. Sein Kampf (Mohammed’s Struggle) has already been written.

Islamic law classifies non-muslims or infidels into:

1. Dar-ul-Harb (the household of War) non-Muslims who are not bound by a peace treaty, or covenant, and whose blood and property are not protected by the law of vendetta or retaliation

2. Dar-us-Salam (the household of Peace), who fall into three classifications”

i. Zimmis (those in custody) are non-Muslim subjects who live in Muslim countries and agree to pay the Jizya (tribute)

ii. People of the Hudna (truce) are those who sign a peace treaty with Muslims after being defeated in war. They agree to reside in their own land, yet to be subject to the legal jurisprudence of Islam like Zimmis

iii. Musta’min (protected one), persons who come to an Islamic country as messengers, merchants, visitors, or student wanting to learn about Islam. A Musta’min should not wage war against Muslims and he is not obliged to pay Jizya, but he would be urged to embrace Islam. If a Musta’min does not accept Islam, he is allowed to return safely to his own country. Muslims are forbidden to hurt him in any way. When he is back in his own homeland, he is treated as one who belongs to the Household of War

Where does Sein Kampf leave us?

Either we are at war, conquered, or we are the guy with the white flag coming to negotiate who goes back to the war zone of the yet unconquered (the United States of America for instance).

There aren’t any other categories. Unless someone rewrites Sein Kampf (apostasy) or chooses to ignore the basic premise (cafeteria muslims), there will be war.

The war comes in our time because of oil dependency, oil wealth, the ease of travel, and the weakness of those needing oil.

A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!

entagor on September 21, 2006 at 10:57 AM