Video: 9/11 ticket agent Michael Tuohey

posted at 2:26 pm on September 15, 2006 by Allahpundit

I was tipped to this by William Beutler of Blog PI, who thinks it might help settle a squabble among lefty bloggers. Read his post for the full rundown. Or just watch. It’s riveting, and heartbreaking.

Tuohey does get one thing wrong, though. Abdulaziz Alomari was, in all likelihood, well aware of his fate.

alomari-vid.jpg

More on Tuohey here.

Comments

Whoa, glitch in the page format! Alert, alert!

NTWR on September 15, 2006 at 2:28 PM

“My stomach literally turned over when Atta looked at me. I thought, ‘Why is this man so angry?’ He was looking at me sideways, and all this anger and contempt came through. I thought, ‘If this guy doesn’t look like an Arab terrorist, nobody does.’ I’ve checked in hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world, and he’s the only one who made me have that reaction.”

Too bad he didn’t do something about it. Even before 9/11, airline counter agents were supposed to activate “Security Level 3″ for boarding passengers if they thought something wasn’t right. It’s similar to crossing the border in your car or on foot. When they think something isn’t right they have you pull into a secondary area for extra scrutiny.

I truly hope he finds some semblence of peace though. It certainly wasn’t his fault. He’s definitely suffering a horrible existence since then.

SilverStar830 on September 15, 2006 at 2:49 PM

Well I guess some of those 9-11 attackers did know they would die.

My thoughts were – No Way. Because then that would be too many people in the know…

I thought 4 pilots knew they would die. Remember criminals/humans talk, sometimes too much.

I’m sure Binny Bin Laden puts many through dry runs to see if they would go through with it… Then abandon the “attack”; he probably also has an entire squad to test these attackers – to see if they will “Rat”.

He then selects the best 19 out of say 100.

He probably gives their families loads of money as well, once the job is done.

***********************

The woman shouldn’t have committed suicide… Just retire and become Mother Teresa… deal.

The guy and she couldn’t have changed anything that day. It’s called the problem of evil, philosophers have argued this forever, but I think it’s well established that morals exist, man breaks them, man is evil and in a fallen state.

Even if this clerk would have harrassed Atta for a few minutes he might have come up clean and the plot would have still happened.

ar_basin on September 15, 2006 at 2:50 PM

By the way,

Maybe our airports and borders should be like those of Israel.

Enough said.

They will not be as robust until suicide bombers blow in Bethesda Md, Georgetown DC, Manhattan, LA, San Francisco… (But perish the thought… All, pray from the salvation of these terrorists.)

ar_basin on September 15, 2006 at 2:55 PM

By the way,

Maybe our airports and borders should be like those of Israel.

Enough said.

ar_basin on September 15, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Suicide bombers attacked Manhattan and DC. What’s your point?

honora on September 15, 2006 at 3:02 PM

Well I guess some of those 9-11 attackers did know they would die.

Know? Hell they volunteered. That’s what is so hard to understand–how could these people be so misguided? Yapping on a blog is one thing–all big talk and cyber-bulling–but to cheerfully commit suicide–well you are either crazy or evil or stupid or some combination thereof.

honora on September 15, 2006 at 3:06 PM

I think in their case it’s something like brainwashed. People who otherwise could have been “normal” will do outrageous things when they’ve been molded a certain way, especially if it starts in childhood.

mikeyboss on September 15, 2006 at 3:19 PM

Suicide bombers attacked Manhattan and DC. What’s your point?

honora on September 15, 2006 at 3:02 PM

My point is the following, if we have everyday Buses and Metro Subway Trains (the RED line, the Blue Line) blown to pieces and frequently – Randomly, as has been done in Israel, then an only then will powerful people demand that something be done – to vindicate the lose of their special, privilaged and precious ones.

We don’t have that just yet…

The suicide bombers you speak of attacked once in that capacity. And as I feel many have forgotten – those are the masses, not the smarter 2% that actually care, that are knowing – blogging – thinking.

ar_basin on September 15, 2006 at 3:20 PM

smarter 2% that actually care, that are knowing – blogging – thinking.

IMO the smarter 2% have real jobs.

honora on September 15, 2006 at 3:24 PM

smarter 2% that actually care, that are knowing – blogging – thinking.

IMO the smarter 2% have real jobs.

honora on September 15, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Oh no, this is turning into DUmmie, FREEPER chat…

I’m out of here…

ar_basin on September 15, 2006 at 3:26 PM

This is a perfect example of what I’ve been saying for over a decade…

Political Correctness will be the death of us. The leftys have PC-trained too many of our brethren. They will literally get us killed.

BirdEye on September 15, 2006 at 4:42 PM

I think this guy is looking for his 15 minutes.

Labamigo on September 15, 2006 at 4:47 PM

An Oprah moment.

Kini on September 15, 2006 at 5:05 PM

IMO the smarter 2% have real jobs.

honora on September 15, 2006 at 3:24 PM

We do, and good ones at that – but we can “walk and chew gum at the same time”, to quote what you suggest, often; not with malice, just a bit of amusement,

Entelechy on September 15, 2006 at 5:34 PM

Poor man. It does show the absolute humanity of our people in this nation.

RobCon on September 15, 2006 at 5:52 PM