Superfreaky: Commenter at Ace’s says Shukrijumah tried to rent house from her

posted at 1:20 pm on September 15, 2006 by Allahpundit

Almost certainly someone having fun with us, but it’s Friday so it gets the link. Read what she has to say. Ace is trying to confirm it with the FBI in Austin. If you don’t know who Shukrijumah is, this’ll bring you up to speed.

One thing about her story that gives me pause is the fact that she lives in Texas. Shukrijumah was spotted a few months ago in Honduras and it’s long been assumed that he would try to enter the U.S. across the southern border.

Here’s his FBI page. There’s a $5 million reward for info leading to his capture. He’s got a prominent nose, stands only between 5’3″ and 5’6″, and speaks English with no discernible accent.

shukrijumah.jpg

Update: Rusty says the woman who left the comment at Ace’s also comments on his site and that she’s no crank. He does, however, think it’s probably a case of mistaken identity.

Update: Ace says the FBI in Austin has confirmed that they received the tip, but they won’t confirm that they think the guy the tipster saw was Shukrijumah. He also says \the tipster has two other witnesses who met the prospective renter, and they both think it was Shukrijumah.

Comments

Would be nice to have heard about this in local media.

But noooooooooo.

daveintexas on September 15, 2006 at 1:25 PM

It looks like that face has had a waxing, laser hair removal or an intense plucking.

Also that butchered hair cut looks like something from South of the Border.

If he travels from Texas to Mexico to Central American and then to South American islands, he is not the driver; just a follower – so as to not draw attention.

They would have to be very disciplined – I’ve been pulled over driving from Mexico into Texas… Going 100 near Cotulla – Red clay desert… Boring as can be…

Hope he is captured. And I pray that he gets saved – All pray for his soul.

ar_basin on September 15, 2006 at 1:47 PM

Going 100 near Cotulla – Red clay desert… Boring as can be…

not if you’re hunting quail and dove.

it looks like he’s gone through great pains to make himself appear hispanic. since he has no discernible accent, can we assume he is “homegrown?”

pullingmyhairout on September 15, 2006 at 1:54 PM

[Shukrijumah] measured the distance between the homes – had a “friend” go into the home and yell, to see if it could be heard from outside.

What’s strange about that? Doesn’t everyone do that?

zb42 on September 15, 2006 at 1:59 PM

$5,000,000 reward for his capture. The Fed’s must be seriously concerned about this guy, bigtime seriously concerned. My sister lives in Austin, Tx. I think I’ll be giving her a call this evening.

I’ve been a bit mindful the last several years that San Diego, where I live, would be a helluva notch on al-Qaeda’s turban. We have a major Navy port here (which ports the bulk of the Pacific fleet; including Nuke carriers and subs), the USN Seals Training & HQ facility, USMC MiraMar Airbase, and USMC Camp Pendleton… which is right across the I-5 freeway (six traffic lanes and two curbsides) from the San Onofre Nuclear power plant. San Diego being right on the Mexican border, and much of the East County of San Diego being wide open space all the way to the Arizona border, always made sense to be a great area to get terrorist operatives and materials across the border with a prime target right across the line. They wouldn’t have to risk moving their operatives and materials far to wreak deadly havoc and major damage.

SilverStar830 on September 15, 2006 at 2:30 PM

Texas. How appropriate would that be? An attack on Pres Bush’s home state? I hope this is a false alarm…if not, God help us.

labwrs on September 15, 2006 at 2:43 PM

I hope this is a false alarm…if not, God help us.

no kidding, since I live in Texas and have family scattered throughout the state. BUT! TERRORISTS BEWARE: You do NOT want to piss off a bunch of Texans.

pullingmyhairout on September 15, 2006 at 2:49 PM

Maybe he’s heading for Crawford. Someone ought to start a passive surveillence on Cindy Sheehan’s property. See if she has any new ‘guests’. I wish I was kidding.

austinnelly on September 15, 2006 at 3:10 PM

ar_basin:

Also that butchered hair cut looks like something from South of the Border.

What the heck are you talking about? That guy’s got a haircut like I do. I know you ain’t makin’ fun of my mane of hair.

Speaking of which, if any of you are interested, you can check out what it takes to keep me lookin’ so smoooth.

EFG on September 15, 2006 at 9:03 PM

Remember when Zawahiri said that they’d attack a red state? Well it doesn’t get redder than Texas does it?

rightallthetime on September 16, 2006 at 9:28 AM

Let’s hope that they find this guy, he tries to fight and has to be put down on the spot. I’d hate to have to watch a trial and dismissal for someone like this slime.

tickleddragon on September 16, 2006 at 5:17 PM

EFG on September 15, 2006 at 9:03 PM

: ) that’s hilarious — Flowbee, I always wanted one of those…

Anyhow, my comment was semi-serious. On the FBI page you see three (3) pictures and I presume the latest is that with the bad haircut. The previous pictures shows him with a decent haircut, that I imagine, was done in Florida.

Also, his face is much cleaner than in the recent You Tube video… (new blog posting here on Hot Air). His complexion seems lighter in color. He must have facials done and he must be staying out of the Sun.

In latin america we should be looking for the foreign “Michael Jackson” walking around under an umbrella.

I guess he could possibly be masquerading as a burn victim with his face completely covered.

I note, myself, that during the winter months I lose all my color – maybe his brilliant skin is just the camera lighting, who knows?

ar_basin on September 18, 2006 at 1:27 AM

Just sent some info to AMW.com concerning this Peaceful Muslim.

They need to report, the NYTimes will not.

ar_basin on September 18, 2006 at 1:54 AM

rightallthetime on September 16, 2006 at 9:28 AM

Where does he say this?
I have been attempting to find a reference!
Anyone?