Video: Left-wing nitwits defend Rosie O’Donnell on “Scarborough Country”

posted at 10:43 pm on September 14, 2006 by Allahpundit

This comes to me via my one and only lefty tipster, who told me that watching it made her want to switch parties. With good reason, as you’ll presently see.

The woman in the glasses is Rachel Sklar of HuffPo; the other, who provides most of the fireworks, is Jennifer Pozner of Women in Media and News (WIMN). Pozner’s position is actually quite straightforward: American women have at least as much to fear, as women, from radical Christians as they do, as Americans and women, from radical Muslims. Scarborough should have asked her which group she considers to be her archenemy. Her answer would have been illuminating.

My tipster asked that I note for the record that no elected Democrat has taken the position these two tools have taken. Whether that’s true or not I can’t say offhand, but so noted.

Comments

IDIOTS!!!

NRA4Freedom on September 14, 2006 at 10:45 PM

I cannot believe their are people like Pozner in this World.

She is living in a total fantasy land. God help the guy that ever hooks up with her.

ScottyDog on September 14, 2006 at 10:49 PM

IDIOTS! One and all. “Here comes another one, just like the other one!” Nothing to say but blow HOT AIR and not the good kind. These people are enough to make anyone sick!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on September 14, 2006 at 11:04 PM

And all the male guest Jack Burkman could get out was, “So wait a minute… uh… John… er… guh… oh… wow, WOW.” Funny.

God help the guy that ever hooks up with her.

heh… You may assume too much my friend

SilverStar830 on September 14, 2006 at 11:08 PM

I edited the clip, Silver. Burkman had stuff to say, but fair use prevents me from showing all 12 minutes.

Allahpundit on September 14, 2006 at 11:09 PM

Hmmmmm….I’m opposed to abortion and I’m a fundamentist Christian of the Bob Jones variety. Therefore, I’m a “radical”. The Pope is a radical because he is against condom use. Ooookay.

I wonder how many graduates from BJU or Liberty have beheaded someone in the name of God.

GT on September 14, 2006 at 11:31 PM

He should have asked who is responsible for most of the violence: moslem extremists or extremists Christians. My guess, off hand, is moslem extremists, even though there are far fewer moslems than Christians. I’d guess the numbers aren’t even close. How’s that for proportion?

raz0r on September 14, 2006 at 11:33 PM

A few seconds in I have to bust a lie and misconception (aside from the obvious BS)

The woman says that Rosie “came out against radical Christianity. She came out against radical extremism of all forms.

No, she came out against radical Christianity. “All Forms”? Where did she come out against in your face gay “rights” protestors? Where did she come out against raging scarved liberal protestors mobs throwing molotov cocktails, rioting, scuffling with police, etc.? Where did she come out against the reconquistas? etc. etc. etc.?

Next, her example of radical Christianity is Fred Phelps. The douche who’s biggest defenders are the “free speech” left and the ACLU. Oh and by the way, he was an Al Gore supporter and ran for governor…. AS A DEMOCRAT!

RightWinged on September 14, 2006 at 11:42 PM

I watched that live[?], and was left wondering just how much time Jennifer Pozner spends hanging around abortion clinics. I was able to discover nothing pertinent via Google, and that caused me to wonder how much time she plans on spending in abortion clinics. I guess she has never heard of birth control.

I wonder if she is one of those Goth extremists…

DannoJyd on September 14, 2006 at 11:44 PM

…as for the rest of the segment, to the two women (in my best Bill Engvall voice)

“Here’s yer burka”

Go live in a Muslim country ladies. Go irresponsibly bang a bunch of dudes and kill your babies because you don’t want to take responsibility for your actions. Hell, try to leave your house!

RightWinged on September 14, 2006 at 11:48 PM

They may not have been too bright, but they were both pretty hot… Just the way I like ’em, ya know what I mean?

DaveS on September 14, 2006 at 11:56 PM

Man, the italicized bit above was supposed to have “redneck-radical-christian-voice” tags around it. Oh well.

DaveS on September 14, 2006 at 11:57 PM

Once you include “conservative voters” in the “suspect terrorist” pool, and equate “making money to support your family” with “blowing up pizza parlors”, and “voting against gay marriage” with “stoning apostates in public places”, the abovementioned opinion makes perfect sense.

See Ward Churchill’s infamous “Little Eichmanns” thesis for reference.

Niko on September 14, 2006 at 11:59 PM

like i said before in another post, if the Republicans don’t win the House / Senate & White House because of the the liberal b.s. coming from people like these two ladies, then we might as well convert to Islam.

Starblazer on September 15, 2006 at 12:05 AM

When it gets to the point where we have Mormon missionaries blowing themselves up on busses, and Franciscan friars executing gays and beheading people on the internet, call me. Until then, STFU.

Squid Vicious on September 15, 2006 at 12:05 AM

I would like to find out what women in Pensacola think? Basically she said that all women in Pensacola are afraid for their lives every day from radical Christians. Yeah, makes a lot of sense.

(warning: sarcasm ahead)
‘If you’re a woman who needs healthcare…’ I can’t think of a single day that goes by where I don’t hear about some woman getting murdered in the U.S. because she had to get an appendectomy or *sob* because she visited her OB/GYN for prenatal care. Stop the muderous horde of Christians now! (end sarcasm)

Notice how nobody answered the question about how many people these radical Christians have killed? I mean, that one crazy pretended to, but all she had were figures that she might have remembered from a sheet she forgot to bring that might have been about 1999-2000. Real hard evidence there.

theholyhermit on September 15, 2006 at 12:42 AM

Actually, the Xtians have killed tens of thousands of people in the last few years. See, since Islam is a Religion of Peace per se, it can only by Xtians who drove a tiny minority of extremists of unknown denomination and appearance to commit such atrocious acts.

That, or there’s also a Jewish angle that I missed somewhere.

Niko on September 15, 2006 at 1:34 AM

AP, try it yourself (to help her switch parties) – you have the (heavenly) power :)

Entelechy on September 15, 2006 at 1:38 AM

When they emptied the insane asylums, I think we now know what happened to the inmates.

Halley on September 15, 2006 at 1:38 AM

Look up Antonio Gramsci. He was an Italian communist. He wrote the seminal work on how to take over and industrialized nation and institute Communism. An index and links can be found at: http://www.victoryiscertain.com/gramsci/

We are seeing the Gramscian strategy concerning religion in action.

This is a full scale attack on religion — Christianity in particular. Rosie is just part of it, and proves how far the situation has adversely changed when the left can apply blood libel against Christians with impunity.

This tactics of the left (along with the assassination of Bush fantasy) are going to have to be confronted by us sooner rather than later.

georgej on September 15, 2006 at 1:50 AM

They really need a new abortion clinic bomber to hang their hat. What is this about Pensacola? Is there someone killing women for Jesus down there that I missed? 2000 people killed this year? Huh?

Pablo on September 15, 2006 at 2:19 AM

Same old liberal/left euphemisms. “If you’re a woman needing health care”. Killing a baby in the womb is “a woman needing health care”.

Jeff on September 15, 2006 at 3:11 AM

Thanks you, georgej. We need to be reminded, constantly, of the Gramscian strategy. Eons ago, in undergraduate school, one of my favorite professors, Radomir Luza (his son is the poet), cautioned his students about the dangerous influence of Gramsci’s methods in the spheres of the American intelligentsia and American politics. That was the first time I had heard the oh-so-descriptive story of how the clueless frog is boiled.

Aunt B on September 15, 2006 at 6:35 AM

I’m pro-life, but hearing vacuous people like Pozner make me kinda wish that as long as abortion is the law of the land, is there a way it could be made retroactive?

Corky on September 15, 2006 at 7:35 AM

It is all just insanity. And, as a pro choice woman, I highly resent those two idiots spewing nonsense about having to fear for your life to get “health care”.
I just spent a week in Pensacola and I don’t know what the hell they are talking about there…

Babs on September 15, 2006 at 7:48 AM

It is no coincidence that these chicks are dressed up like the undead. Wouldn’t it be great if Joe turned to politics with these deranged persons and let them endorse candidates?

Valiant on September 15, 2006 at 7:58 AM

These women are absolute idiots. It used to really annoy me that people like that get air time. Now, I think, keep talking ladies, and the Republicans will keep the House, Senate, White House, and get the Supreme Court as well. Replace Hillary’s appointment to the cour, that old hag Ginsburg, with another Alito.

Tools. Osama is smiling when they flap their yaps.

CrimsonFisted on September 15, 2006 at 8:25 AM

I can understand why these women feel the way they do. To them a beheading is just a late term abortion. So really, the islamic militants are on their side you see.

Benaiah on September 15, 2006 at 9:14 AM

What does ‘radical christianity’ mean to this woman. Could it be our opposition to gay marriage, homosexuality, fornincation, abortion on demand(some of us radical christians do believe abortion should be provided for rape cases), and prayer in schools. No one pays any attention to these nut cases, except of course our wonderful conservative politicians. That is why they ignore us and praise ‘peaceful Islam’.

LZVandy on September 15, 2006 at 9:19 AM

Well, they’ve found us out. The diabolical plot has been exposed. Over at the radical Christian blog Pursuing Holiness, both of my readers and I have formed a cabal. (thanks Karl, for the funding!) We are were working secretly to stop Pensacola women from having access to any healthcare, up to including being able to buy aspirin in Pensacola pharmacies. And we’d have gotten away with it, too, if it weren’t for O’Donnell and that pesky Huffpo chick!

Laura on September 15, 2006 at 9:21 AM

there are truly no words to describe how angry I am.

pullingmyhairout on September 15, 2006 at 9:24 AM

They may not have been too bright, but they were both pretty hot… Just the way I like ‘em, ya know what I mean?

DaveS on September 14, 2006 at 11:56 PM

You’ve got to be kidding with your Neanderthal comment DaveS. You must drool over super hot babes like Anna Nicole Smith, huh? There is nothing “pretty hot” about a woman who’s not too bright. IMHO stupidity is a turn off.

As for these two Rosie defenders. I see little hope for them, as they obviously spent their youth being weaned at the same liberal kool-aid trough Rosie drank from. Posner reminded me of a drug induced zombie and Sklar looked like she was just coming off an orgasm from meeting Hillary in person.

I don’t think there has been another time in recent history when the liberal left has shown it’s tue colors on so many political and cultural fronts, blatantly exposing the real and dangerous threat they are [and have been] to our society and our survival.

How can anyone take these lunatics seriously?

fogw on September 15, 2006 at 9:25 AM

fogw, you didn’t read his message just below that one, did you?

JasonG on September 15, 2006 at 10:21 AM

Yes I did. What’s your point?

fogw on September 15, 2006 at 10:43 AM

Anti abortion ..CHECK/ Anti CONDOM USE, CHECK/ -line em up and shoot em, damn anti condom terrorists.
WTF does she have for brains?
They got nothin’…when cornered wacko went to “American bombs” somehow meaning they are synonomous with Christians?

Dumb and dumber broads.
How does the left get dumber, exponentially, daily??

shooter on September 15, 2006 at 10:50 AM

HUH? half my post is missing….quotes,etc. -not that it was any good anyway.

shooter on September 15, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Beam me up, Scotty. There’s no intelligent life here.

Rosetta on September 15, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Christian extremists post a threat to women in America seeking healthcare? Healthcare?? Why must they use euphemisms. What are they afraid of?

jeannedb on September 15, 2006 at 11:32 AM

…threat to women in America seeking healthcare?

jeannedb,

I thought the same thing. You mean radical extremist Christians are preventing women from getting flu vaccines??!!

That’s outrageous!!

Rosetta on September 15, 2006 at 11:42 AM

>>radical extremist Christians are preventing women from getting flu vaccines??!!

And aspirin. Don’t forget the aspirin. ;-)

What the Rosie’s of the world just don’t get is that Christians take a lot of trouble to reject and marginalize nut jobs like Phelps, Rudolph, etc. Arguing with them is like arguing with a Truther, because they just refuse to hear facts to the contrary. But where nutjobs claiming Christianity are concerned, we don’t take up collections for them, defend them, excuse them, or name schools after them and call them martyrs.

Laura on September 15, 2006 at 11:57 AM

Is it just me? Both of these females look like Blade groupies. I pity the men they might come in contact with.
Brainless is as Brainless does.

sharinlite on September 15, 2006 at 2:17 PM

I lived in the Pensacola area for 7 years, and for the life of me I can’t think of a single person who was terrified any day, let alone every day by any “radical” or “extemist” or any other kind of Christians.
That chick is stoopid.

DrEvil on September 15, 2006 at 2:57 PM

Well! I’m offended at all the Goth-bashing in this thread. ;o) Goth, and idiot liberal are NOT synonymous.

tickleddragon on September 15, 2006 at 10:10 PM

Did the young woman who mentioned Phelps also mention how his behavior is to Christian extremism as, say, certain Shia courts that impose death-by-stoning are to Islamic extremism? I mean, what possible metrics could they have in their minds except the sort of thing that Andrew Sullivan might use to seel his love for “Christianist”. Rosie, I think, was not referring to extremists as per the violent variety; she was referring to the vast majority of Americans who disagree with her on most of her pet projects.

F. Rottles on September 16, 2006 at 12:21 AM

Anti-abortion terrorism? What about the terrorism the baby felt in the womb while it was being murdered? What in the hell is wrong with these lunatic lefty women?????? God help us all.

MsUnderestimated on September 17, 2006 at 8:01 PM

This post is for Rosie to watch and see what true extremism is all about. Stupid beyotch!

MsUnderestimated on September 17, 2006 at 8:02 PM