Video: Rosie Sez ‘radical Christianity’ is just as ‘threatening’ as radical Islam

posted at 7:21 pm on September 13, 2006 by Ian

Rosie O’Donnell didn’t take long to break out of her shell and spew her liberal hate. On yesterday’s garrulous fem talk show “The View”, Meredith Viera’s replacement compared the “threat” of “radical” Christianity in America to radical Islam throughout the world. Yeah, because you know about those crazy Christians beheading terrorists and flying planes into buildings.

However, Rosie thinks the outcome of America depends on the battle against terror in New Orleans.

MKH writes:

You should see the look on Hasselbeck’s face [ed’s note: She dared to challenge Rosie’s anti-war, anti-Christian rant]. Bless her heart, I can’t believe she has to deal with them every day. To her credit, Joy Behar does concede that “well, Christians aren’t threatening to kill us. There is a difference.” Barbara says nothing. Nice.

Newsbusters’ Gaggle knows why Rosie is okay with radical Islam, for now.

Scott Whitlock fisks Rosie and co-host Joy Behar.

Comments

…After all, I’ve already got blood on my hands..shouldn’t throw stones right? Why don’t you find a better example..say, within the last century, or give the moral equivalence bit a rest.

austinnelly on September 14, 2006 at 6:30 PM

That may be the prettiest example of a total, full-on, take-no-prisoners rant I’ve seen in a long time. I could feel my temperature rising as I read it. Kudos to ya, Friend. I can only say “ditto” because you said it all.

the-gunslinger on September 15, 2006 at 12:50 AM

Free history lesson #1: Nazi’s were NOT Christians, they were atheists and they did NOT kill jews in the name of Christ. They killed in the name of hitler and the National Socialist Worker’s Party and for the aryan race.

#2: Christians who DID kill in the name of Christ (Torqamada) did so out of ignorance of what Jesus taught us. They did the opposite of what Jesus believes and they’re not true Christians.

#3: Muslims who murder in the name of islam ARE following the teachings of mohamed. The muslims who DON’T kill infidels are not TRUE muslims because they’re not doing what mohamed says allah tells them to do.

That’s about as simple as I know how to make it. This ain’t rocket science, people. Wake up libs. The muslims have a 1,300 year history of killing the weakest first (that’d be you).

Tony737 on September 14, 2006 at 4:29 PM

Free reading lesson. I did not say that Nazis were Christians (though many were). I say anti-Semitism incubated in the bosom of medieval Christian Europe. And it did. Why do you suppose John Pope II apologized for the Church’s anti-Semitism over the years. Oh wait, maybe he needed a history lesson as well.

The notion that Islam teaches people to murder is wrong. There is an interpretation that has allowed the crazies to hijack Islam for their own evil purposes. And simple minded folks like yourself allow them to win that battle. Congratulations, you’re playing right into their hands–they want a battle of civilizations.

honora on September 15, 2006 at 9:02 AM

So, no comment from Rosie on Khatami endorsed Homo-cide?

MRegine on September 15, 2006 at 9:42 AM

honora on September 15, 2006 at 9:02 AM

It’s good that there are some wise people like you out there that can set us straight about Islam.

Please interpret Koran 8:12 for us:

“I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers, Smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips of them.”

Perchant on September 15, 2006 at 10:09 AM

Do you think Rosie is now taking it personally that the President speech is pre-empting The View this morning?

jeannedb on September 15, 2006 at 11:21 AM

Please interpret Koran 8:12 for us:

Perchant on September 15, 2006 at 10:09 AM

Compare to Deuteronomy 20 16-17 and get back to me. While you’re at it, take a look at Revelations and Peter, what those books say what is in store for non-believers.

I imagine quoting the Koran is about as useful as quoting the Bible (for political reasons). Whatever your point, you can find something to bolster it.

honora on September 15, 2006 at 11:47 AM

Austinnelly, I am in no way equating modern Christianity to Islamic Fascism. But, in the histories of all religion there have been radicals that interpret basic teachings as a license to kill. Jim Jones killed 700 people (I can see the retort now, so I’ll rephrase: He got 700 people to kill themselves). Timothy M. blew up the Oklahoma city building in the name of white supremacy and the advancement of the white christian agenda. Abortion doctors died in the 90s at the hands of radical CHRISTIAN bombers and snipers. I do not contend that these examples are nearly as threatening as terrorism, but we have to realize that those who live without sin casts the first stone.
ps-And don’t feed me any crap about how people who kill in the name of Christ aren’t real Christians, but people who kill in the name of Allah ARE trully Muslims.

shackler on September 15, 2006 at 11:51 AM

I’m much more appalled at the people in the audience clapping for Pigsies statements than I am at her. She’s pissed off because she cannot get married to her “partner”. It is as simple as that. And all you Christians, it is your fault for doing this to her and forcing your religion down her throat… instead of what should be forced down her throat.

NOTHING on The View is news. Only a big fat moron would pay any attention to that show, and if this offends you then I’m writing to the right person. Grow up and change the channel.

Cary on September 15, 2006 at 11:57 AM

There is nothing in Peter that I can find that is any sort of command to kill anyone. On the contrary it tells us to learn to live with suffering persecution for our faith.

Any violence against non-believers in Revelation is done by God, not christians. Christians will be beheaded for their beliefs in the end times not non-believers.

Deuteronomy is the only one you came up with that was somewhat the same except it’s a very specific command to wipe out several peoples that are no longer around.

Benaiah on September 15, 2006 at 1:30 PM

Christians say; “I will pray for you, may God have mercy on your soul.”

Radical Christians say: “You’re evil and will rot in hell.” While marching around protesting with signs.

Muslims say nothing.

Radical Islamists say; “Allah akbar” and saw your head off, or blow themselves up in your general vicinity.

NTWR on September 15, 2006 at 2:03 PM

I can’t help but wonder what Billy Sunday would have to say about all this.

GT on September 15, 2006 at 2:08 PM

honora on September 15, 2006 at 11:47 AM

I don’t care about revelations or deuteromony, I’m not religious. I would specifically like to know how that Koran 8:12 should be interpreted so that I can prove to people that Islam is really a religion of peace. If I tell them “b-b-b-but revelation says…”, they won’t be convinced and they will think I’m trying to avoid the issue.

Perchant on September 15, 2006 at 2:26 PM

Perchant, there are far more quotes in the Koran that preach peace. The Koran has conflicting text, as does the Bible. The passage you seem to have a hard time interpreting is (apparently, assume context is not relevant??) exhorting the reader to behead the enemy. I don’t understand why you can’t decipher this??

honora on September 15, 2006 at 3:19 PM

honora on September 15, 2006 at 9:02 AM

The passage you seem to have a hard time interpreting is exhorting the reader to behead the enemy.

honora on September 15, 2006 at 3:19 PM

I’m having a difficult time contemplating those two things together without some cognitive disonance creeping in. Can you clear that up for me?

Perchant on September 15, 2006 at 3:35 PM

uh, honora, Deuteronomy is in the OLD Testament and the passage you are referring to has to do with laws concerning crimes. Peter’s Epistle teaches (among other things) that in order to fulfill the promise of Baptism – which is Heaven – we must commit in this life to holiness, patient suffering and unity in Christ. He doesn’t tell us to murder in the name of God, unlike Islam. Revelations major theme is the final triumph of the Kingdom of God – that God will be the final judge of us.

Sorry, your argument doesn’t hold up on this one.

pullingmyhairout on September 15, 2006 at 4:05 PM

honora on September 15, 2006 at 11:47 AM

What the BIBLICALLY ILLITERATE LEFTIST TROLL HONORA, fails to realize is that the Old Testament is not part of Christianity, it is part of Judaism. Christ came so that the “judgements” for sin would not HAVE to be enacted by us, rather by him. While the O.T. is not part of Christianity, it is however true, she and most stupid liberals (oxymoron?), fail to realize that the PENALTIES FOR HOMOSEXUAL FILTH and heterosexual FORNICATION are still being meted out. Can you say, AIDS, CHLYMIDIA, SYPHILLIS, GONORREA and GENITAL WARTS, ANYONE?

Rosie’s mad because she’s going to hell IF she doesn’t REPENT of her filth. Her condemned nature can feel it, as can most homosexuals.
This is why 90% of their legislative efforts are directed at changing how YOU “FEEL” about homosexuality, not merely getting you to “tolerate” or not gay bash, them. This is the proof that their soul is condemned by their practices, much like the “Atheist” who spends every waking moment legislating against a God he “doesn’t believe in”.
Well, I haven’t spent much time legislating against PINK ELEPHANTS , PIXIES or GHOSTS, have you? So the atheist proclaims his “belief” by his “opposition”, as the homosexual confirms their condemnation by their constant approval seeking. Obviously no one is advocating beating the crap out of sodomites, they can clearly work or live just about any place and they occupy the top rungs on societies, “income ladder”, yet still they seek your acquiesence. However, the condemnation which is on their lives cannot be lifted even if the entire world approved of their filth.

“The time for honoring yourselves will soon come to an end, what you do in this life, echoes thru eternity”—Gladiator.

Soothsayer on September 15, 2006 at 4:14 PM

Honora, with all due respect sir, or ma’am, the koran has two main parts, the mecca and the medina. The mecca is all full of love and flowers and butterflies and rainbows and gummy bears, it’s the part islamic scholars point to and the lefty hippie liberals go “Awww, isn’t that wonderful?!” But the medina part OVERRULES the mecca because it’s more recent. The mecca is the part with all the violence and murder. It has instructions on how to ambush a caravan of infidels, how to lie to advance the cause, how to beg for peace when losing a battle, rebuild the islamic army and attack again, how to punish a dhimmi by cutting of his right hand and left foot, how to behead prisoners, etc, etc, etc. I haven’t read the entire thing front to back but I have read enough to know that it’s a military manual first and foremost.

Tony737 on September 15, 2006 at 10:08 PM

Slackher, one can not shoot DEAD an abortion doctor and then claim to be a “pro-LIFE” Christian. But when a muslim kills an infidel he’s “just following orders” given to him by mohamed. You can deny this all you want, but just like the nazi death camps, denying it doesn’t make it any less true.

No Christian has threatened to behead or stone Rosie, but if the mohamedans ever get a hold of her … Thump! “Ouch!” Thump! Ouch!” “Abdul, we need bigger stones!”

It’s amazing how libs are more afraid of the Christians that protect them than the islamic terrorist who wanna kill them. I guess it’s because their cradle to grave socialist agenda closely resembles muslim theocracy.

Tony737 on September 15, 2006 at 10:24 PM

I’m sorry, that shoulda said “The MEDINA is the part with all the violence…”

Twice in one day! My apologies!

Tony737 on September 15, 2006 at 11:10 PM

Sooth, great movie quote. I use movie lines to explain politics to liberals because the only thing they seem to understand is pop culture. My favorite when explaining islamic terrorist to libs is from “The Terminator” where Kyle is telling Sarah about the machine trying to kill her. “LISTEN! … and understand. Those terrorists are out there. They can’t be bargained with, they can’t be reasoned with, they don’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and they absolutely will not stop … EVER! … until you are dead!”

Tony737 on September 15, 2006 at 11:20 PM

I have to speak up for the Rosie that used to be. Before the TV Show, the magazine and the bit parts in bad movies, back when she was just a stand up comic, she was funny. She made me laugh. The day the funny died was when she became an ‘actress’. Having some studio throwing movie money at her to bring comic relief to “Another Stakeout” messed her up.
Okay, go back to Rosie-bashing, as she does deserve it. But she used to be human.

Doug on September 16, 2006 at 1:39 AM

honora

shackler

honora

Point 1. Not true. Follow the example of the the ‘prophets’ of the two books. Did Christ ever behead anyone? or take a thief, cut off his hands ,put hot pokers into his eyeballs and stake him in the desert like Moho did? Did Christ ever kill the Jews of Medina, or any Jews for decrying his faith? Did Christ decree that his soldiers could keep the female captives for concubines after slaughtering their men? Did Christ ever demand tribute from anyone? Did Christ advise beating one’s wife? Did Christ advise stoning to death the adulteress, or anyone else? You cannot find Christ advising boiling oil, or tongue removal for anyone, but you can find slaughter, and demands for blood to flow from Moho.

2. A professed Christian is someone who says he follows Christ. A Christian is someone who follows the admonitions given by Christ. Christ did not advise killing in his name, not did he kill those who disagreed with him. He didn’t even bitch-slap them. Christ never directly commanded that those who renounce the Christian faith be executed, as Moho did for muslims who renounce islam.

3. Moho practiced conquest by the sword, and never renounced it. Christ never practiced conquest by the sword, but always by the heart and mind. In fact Moho’s later writing became more blood thirsty with admonitions to find the Jew where they are hiding and kill them

Christ was strict. He said ‘None come the the Father except through Me’, a challenge that led to his death. A radical Christian is one who takes Christ at His word. Cursing the unbeliever is against Christ’s admonitions and example.

entagor on September 16, 2006 at 3:33 AM

Name an Islamic country that does not follow any of the precepts outlined in the Koran that are also seen in their Islamic law books. Name an Islamic country that does not have a religious and governmental law on apostasy or a law on practicing homosexuality. Or even adultery. Has anyone ever heard of James Loney? A gay Canadian who was held hostage by Islamic terrorists?

Kokonut on September 16, 2006 at 7:20 PM

Rosie is a dim bulb. Someone should ask her who she would rather be on an airplane with, a couple of Christians coming back from a pastor’s conference or a couple of Muslims coming back from a meeting with Osama bin Laden.

Rose on September 17, 2006 at 12:58 AM

Rosie…..just another lotto winner. College drop-out,
Christian hater, and now an expert on world politics (like
Sean Penn).

gary on September 17, 2006 at 7:35 AM

Rosie knows best… listen to mommy Rosie.
I tell you what. Parachute her ass right into the middle of the mideast and let her do her rants over there. To make it fair, give her a machette to fight her way back out and lets see how far she gets.

johnnyU on September 17, 2006 at 11:49 AM